Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? (21364 Views)

I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army / Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by uncleck: 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
CEOwatazs:

Please how truthful are you?

What course did you study? And where are u currently staying?
You want to see my statement of (salary)
account?
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by steffi01(m): 6:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
I'm an SSCE holder and I work as PA to a chairman/CEO of a company, I was employed because of my smartness, fluency and positive attitude etc. noticed while working as a security man in the same office. My salary is 95k and I make roughly 50k in side hustle in a month.

If you see me, you wouldn't detect my education status is just SSCE unless I tell you or my Boss tells you.

Plus I now have an IT skill; Graphic design, and currently learning python programming.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by chyzoo4u(m): 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
Funtep:

You are not knowledgeable my friend
My blog niche is not tech. You don't have a clue on how stuffs work

Bye bye (Don't bother responding)

Funny... Yet you spam romance, crime, politics, and religion threads on here.

You've got money to last a decade, so I guess you've got around #20m or more (I'm not saying you have, I'm assuming and dreaming it for you). Kuku bring out money for ads instead of spamming bro...

You can even build a tech blog, do proper SEO and start gaining hundreds of thousands of traffic in less than 6 months. That way, you'll have big market for your product. I guess I've tried enough for you.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by divinitybillz(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
Life is in phases, Men are in sizes. Sometimes you way up earning N300,000 is working for that N30,000 company. Don't let pride hunt you. Forget about the Journey focus on the destination.

quote author=ballergee123 post=104023751]Can you take a job of 50k as a BSc holder? most people will say yes and I don't blame them at all, I have worked as a manager of a guest house for four months and I was paid 27k in a month, the job title sure sounds like a big deal to some people when you say "I am the manager" they wouldn't know your two-month salary can't even afford iPhone 6.

The truth of the matter is Nigeria reward for labour is too cheap and that's why most people bring their businesses over here, pay us 350 euros in a month and we think it's big lol, but at least they pay well compared to Nigerians themself.

I find it difficult to understand why some of these food vendors are looking for someone with ND and some small businesses that pay 50k look for people with BSc, its insane, they will even use the hell out of you. Now I'm recruiting and managing for them and they never asked me for even an application letter and I make more than 100k a month, there are a lot of jobs like this, to be honest,

Nigeria is a place where you just have to find your way I guess because that's what most people with a good income are doing, most of them take contracts from people abroad. have you heard about Fiverr? I know of someone who makes roughly 1k dollars a month from just designing a website with WordPress on Fiverr.

Don't let anybody tell you there is no job so you have to settle for less, as for me I won't use my cert to apply for a 30k job again, laye![/quote]
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by dapolaw(m): 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2021
I have taken a 15k job in Abuja when I lost my job in the bank in 2019.

I have done commission job with insurance companies where you are not even sure of going home with anything unless you sell.

In this life ehn, just don't be idle... There is dignity in labour.

I would rather take a job that pays less than 50k than be jobless.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Cashio(m): 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2021
As a fresh graduate who was yet to get my certificate (though with several years of experience), I got a job in a firm as a site architect with a monthly pay of 60k. I did that job for 4 months and wasn't able to save even up to 20k.
I eventually resigned when after I received my salary for the fourth month around 11am, my boss called me around 2pm to settle some workers with the money, that his network was bad at that moment. You know what? I already spent 45k from the 60k in settlement of debts.
That to me was slavery.
So if you ask me, as a graduate with bsc certificate, I won't take up any job anymore if the payment is below 100k.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Ajjpsalm(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
ballergee123 post=104023751
Nigeria is a place where you just have to find your way I guess because that's what most people with a good income are doing, most of them take contracts from people abroad. have you heard about Fiverr? I know of someone who makes roughly 1k dollars a month from just designing a website with WordPress on Fiverr. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode:

[/font]

Don't let anybody tell you there is no job so you have to settle for less, as for me I won't use my cert to apply for a 30k job again, laye!

Please explain more what's Fiverr , I'm interested I'm a corp member preparing to pass out NYSC anytime soon
Thanks
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Offpoint1: 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
CharisEleos:
How can I apply for the online thing. I'm interested.

I need to double my hustle.
Message via the number on my signature or profile.

I'm not teaching for free.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by CEOwatazs: 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2021
uncleck:

You want to see my statement of (salary)
account?

A simple brief answer would have solved this.

Thanks
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by akanbiaa(m): 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2021
ballergee123:
Can you take a job of 50k as a BSc holder? most people will say yes and I don't blame them at all, I have worked as a manager of a guest house for four months and I was paid 27k in a month, the job title sure sounds like a big deal to some people when you say "I am the manager" they wouldn't know your two-month salary can't even afford iPhone 6.

The truth of the matter is Nigeria reward for labour is too cheap and that's why most people bring their businesses over here, pay us 350 euros in a month and we think it's big lol, but at least they pay well compared to Nigerians themself.

I find it difficult to understand why some of these food vendors are looking for someone with ND and some small businesses that pay 50k look for people with BSc, its insane, they will even use the hell out of you. Now I'm recruiting and managing for them and they never asked me for even an application letter and I make more than 100k a month, there are a lot of jobs like this, to be honest,

Nigeria is a place where you just have to find your way I guess because that's what most people with a good income are doing, most of them take contracts from people abroad. have you heard about Fiverr? I know of someone who makes roughly 1k dollars a month from just designing a website with WordPress on Fiverr.

Don't let anybody tell you there is no job so you have to settle for less, as for me I won't use my cert to apply for a 30k job again, laye!
Many graduate are working for 15k or less, its bad but many dread being jobless.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2021
olaniyiYAH:

I'll be Roaming about the street and begging Nairaland to feed me
In Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by olaide88: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2021
samtol4:
It is always good to start somewhere. Someone whose parents are feeding him may reject a 50k offer , but if you have no one to support you, common sense will tell you to take 50k for a start. Idleness kill self-esteem
some people cannot understand the term trying time. I have a lady with strong 2.1 in civil engineering (over 4 point from 5 point cgp oh) and she's on theises for her msc at the moment.. Lost her job to covid making effort day in day out to land another job since January but none is coming. She earn above 100k in her previous job but ready to even take 50k job but none is coming. I'll say let's always thank God for wherever we are,understand and respect ppl in there trying time.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
IT skills is the way forward ooo. Python, SQL etc.

I know what I am saying as these skills currently fetch me seven figures every month and I graduated not more than 3 years ago.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by eniorisha(m): 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2021
I currently earn a fluctuating 12k with my B.ed(English). Location: Rural area. It's well.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by mikmash(m): 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
Honestly, I have been following this thread to probably the last of it. I've read couple of good responses to perk one's spirit up. To those who understand thanks.
I'm the type who believes in process or changing times. Because when persistence and smart work comes to play;destiny is for sure.
I left my comfort zone in kaduna this year to Kano as an independent sales personnel, guess what I couldn't keep up, no salary, no nothing. Luckily I applied for a job. I got picked on a 35,000 salary scheme. Funny thing, in the midst of all that I came to Abuja for training. The company just offered accommodation at the BQ, but no feeding. 1st week I had to ran back home, because some days I slept with hunger. I even rationed garri. I was troubled and challenged I was all caught up with the thought of where's the empathy or dignity in these.
I had to laugh at it, fight it with every bit of me, if I let up where will the next job come. should I quit or I give up. I still held on to my peace till this day knowing fully well when my time comes,I did climb the pinnacles I planned to reach. So we should, Trust the process, learn and evolve daily. One day it will be our turn to salute the sun.
To others out there like myself, do what you got to do legitimately to survive. Life is a page, the next story line might be different. I wish all of us well. Start somewhere, the goal is to hit the score line

4 Likes

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by emmysoftyou: 11:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
Newray:
My Girlfriend work with UBA as customer service her salary is 42k
she might be a contract staff.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by emmysoftyou: 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
steffi01:
I'm an SSCE holder and I work as PA to a chairman/CEO of a company, I was employed because of my smartness, fluency and positive attitude etc. noticed while working as a security man in the same office. My salary is 95k and I make roughly 50k in side hustle in a month.

If you see me, you wouldn't detect my education status is just SSCE unless I tell you or my Boss tells you.

Plus I now have an IT skill; Graphic design, and currently learning python programming.
oga connect me..
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Cracky94(m): 4:51am On Jul 25, 2021
My Salary used to be 30k monthly, even here in the North, it was hard surviving with it till I joined affiliate marketing in March this year. That's the best decision I've taken so far this year. No cajoling, if you have the intention to scale up your income as well, hit me on whatsapp: 09067475462, I'd be glad to put you through but you'd need a token to register though.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by medolab90(m): 7:14am On Jul 25, 2021
ywole:

Having Skill is the best answer.

What skill do you suggest to learn?
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by unibenakpos(m): 7:24am On Jul 25, 2021
I would not accept less than 50k as a bachelor degree holder except the job allows for self development, career improvement, valuable experience that one can use to land a big job.. Every one won't have same opportunity

I once worked as an OND degree holder and my Two other colleagues employed same time were BSc
Funny how I was promoted and salary increased, the BSc holders felt too big for the job while I did my best to gain necessary knowledge about the job.

The knowledge gained would also help me in future job seeking.

Also having good relationship with everyone in the organisation will help

Just one recommendation can change ones status.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by DrTims(m): 7:48am On Jul 25, 2021
He/she should apply for a Lecturering job except he/she doesn't want to go into academics smiley
majorbravo:

I know a PhD holder who can’t even find work.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by smartNerd: 7:54am On Jul 25, 2021
“We cannot solve problems with the kind of
thinking we employed when we came up with
them.” — Albert Einstein
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Iddossam: 10:38am On Jul 25, 2021
I don't mind ooooo, to see something eat is the best way
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by dealbest: 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2021
You get bsc. So consider the economy first then the business or organization is there to make profit you want them to pay you 200k p/m how much is the company itself making and they have over 8 working staff inapuala??��
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Olumaeme: 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2021
Well at this point in my life? Never!

Even when I started working least salary I would have accepted is 60k
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2021
uncleck:
I'm a 2.1 graduate. But what if I tell you that my Salary is 15k?
You are joking sir
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by samtol4(m): 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
olaide88:
some people cannot understand the term trying time. I have a lady with strong 2.1 in civil engineering (over 4 point from 5 point cgp oh) and she's on theises for her msc at the moment.. Lost her job to covid making effort day in day out to land another job since January but none is coming. She earn above 100k in her previous job but ready to even take 50k job but none is coming. I'll say let's always thank God for wherever we are,understand and respect ppl in there trying time.
well said
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by samtol4(m): 10:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
Olumaeme:
Well at this point in my life? Never!

Even when I started working least salary I would have accepted is 60k
the least salary for you was 60k because you have family back up or other back up . for someone whose family is in the village and he is the firstborn, staying jobless can be disastrous for the person. Conditions are not the same for individuals
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by ballergee123: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2021
colestephan86:

My own question is how much should be paid to a computer science graduate that doesn't know any programming language, can't fix any network issues. Knows absolutely nothing other than have a bsc in CSC.
My take is you shouldn't be paid just cos you have a bsc.
You should be paid for skills

You are right
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by GreaterFuture(m): 9:33am On Jul 26, 2021
Glaxxs:
I worked a 40k job, 7days a week, for 10 months before getting my current job which pays 6 figures and i get to take a day off in a week.

Funny thing is, a lot of people rejected the job because it paid so little and you had to work every of the week and only get a day off in a month. I didn't mind, i took the job anyways. I needed the experience so i settled for it. When i applied at my new job, my present boss later told me that he categorically handpicked me amongst the hundreds of candidates who also applied for the role, because of the role i was on at my former job. Like i got my employment letter that same day, i was interviewed. Had i not settled for the meagre pay at my old job, diligently working hard.. probably i'd still be at my parents place eating their food and complaining there's no good job in Nigeria.

Pick what you like from this story. smiley
Pls be more specific, what are these two Jobs?
Former and present. It helps us understand better when there is context
You don't have to reveal exact details.
Thanks
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by NigAmbassador: 10:11am On Jul 26, 2021
ballergee123:
Can you take a job of 50k as a BSc holder? most people will say yes and I don't blame them at all, I have worked as a manager of a guest house for four months and I was paid 27k in a month, the job title sure sounds like a big deal to some people when you say "I am the manager" they wouldn't know your two-month salary can't even afford iPhone 6.

My salary after NYSC was 13,000 this was 2014. Guess what now? Getting better happens daily. Just keep the focus on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Angry Workers Shut Down La Casera / Bsc In Computer Science, Is It Still A Lucrative Degree? / Things To Consider Before Dating A Co-worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.