Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? (21318 Views)

I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army / Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by sirjomore(m): 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
ballergee123:
Can you take a job of 50k as a BSc holder? most people will say yes and I don't blame them at all, I have worked as a manager of a guest house for four months and I was paid 27k in a month, the job title sure sounds like a big deal to some people when you say "I am the manager" they wouldn't know your two-month salary can't even afford iPhone 6.

The truth of the matter is Nigeria reward for labour is too cheap and that's why most people bring their businesses over here, pay us 350 euros in a month and we think it's big lol, but at least they pay well compared to Nigerians themself.

I find it difficult to understand why some of these food vendors are looking for someone with ND and some small businesses that pay 50k look for people with BSc, its insane, they will even use the hell out of you. Now I'm recruiting and managing for them and they never asked me for even an application letter and I make more than 100k a month, there are a lot of jobs like this, to be honest,

Nigeria is a place where you just have to find your way I guess because that's what most people with a good income are doing, most of them take contracts from people abroad. have you heard about Fiverr? I know of someone who makes roughly 1k dollars a month from just designing a website with WordPress on Fiverr.

Don't let anybody tell you there is no job so you have to settle for less, as for me I won't use my cert to apply for a 30k job again, laye!
Question should be, Can u run a business that can make nothing less than 50k a month?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Glaxxs: 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
j

12 Likes

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by evioke(m): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
Learning one or two IT skills is the way to go, and always think outside the box in this globalized world.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Issues40(m): 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2021
The truth is some of you high up there don't know what some people down the bottom do to survive each day. It's not about how educated you are or your work experience or the school you went to or your size of connection. It is not about any of those. I know of a first class graduate who sells marijuana and cannabis just to make small change and survive. It's just life. Everybody cannot be up there at the same time. Some people go there first and others get there later. I heard of a graduate lady with a strong 2:1 who ventured into frying akara for three years with her mum after graduation because there was no job forthcoming. Today she's working in switzerland with World bank. It is turn by turn. That's how life is. It is what it is. My friend's grandfather told me something. He said "In this circle of interest called life, what will be will eventually be. That is it!

13 Likes

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Newray: 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2021
My Girlfriend work with UBA as customer service her salary is 42k

1 Like

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Mkingz(m): 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2021
The country is crazy..you won’t even blame anyone who does...the only things is try to have plans cause jobs like these tend to limit people from harnessing their potentials...with 20k,you can start a whatsapp marketing side hustle to complement ur 9-5...The hours you spend on whatsapp could generate a stable source of income for anyone who knows their onions...click the link in my signature or rather shoot me a mail Asap!
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by majorbravo: 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2021
Emeraldfynest:
Are you for real bro, this is sad. What course did you study?
I know a PhD holder who can’t even find work.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by ywole: 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
uncleck:
I'm a 2.1 graduate. But what if I tell you that my Salary is 15k?
My brother, we all need a skill to breakout...
It's just so alarming in this country. Taking to look back the nos of years spent in school.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by ywole: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2021
sirjomore:

Question should be, Can u run a business that can make nothing less than 50k a month?
Having Skill is the best answer.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by uncleck: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2021
ywole:

My brother, we all need a skill to breakout...
It's just so alarming in this country. Taking to look back the nos of years spent in school.
You're right. I actually survive on my skills and not on the salary.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2021
ballergee123:
Can you take a job of 50k as a BSc holder? most people will say yes and I don't blame them at all, I have worked as a manager of a guest house for four months and I was paid 27k in a month, the job title sure sounds like a big deal to some people when you say "I am the manager" they wouldn't know your two-month salary can't even afford iPhone 6.

The truth of the matter is Nigeria reward for labour is too cheap and that's why most people bring their businesses over here, pay us 350 euros in a month and we think it's big lol, but at least they pay well compared to Nigerians themself.

I find it difficult to understand why some of these food vendors are looking for someone with ND and some small businesses that pay 50k look for people with BSc, its insane, they will even use the hell out of you. Now I'm recruiting and managing for them and they never asked me for even an application letter and I make more than 100k a month, there are a lot of jobs like this, to be honest,

Nigeria is a place where you just have to find your way I guess because that's what most people with a good income are doing, most of them take contracts from people abroad. have you heard about Fiverr? I know of someone who makes roughly 1k dollars a month from just designing a website with WordPress on Fiverr.

Don't let anybody tell you there is no job so you have to settle for less, as for me I won't use my cert to apply for a 30k job again, laye!

It's well. May God help us all. Amen
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Emeraldfynest(m): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
Hmm, everything will be fine bro. Just keep pushing
uncleck:

One of those useless courses. Education History/Int'l studies
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Emeraldfynest(m): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
That's extreme, maybe he is rejecting job offers.
majorbravo:

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by GboyegaD(m): 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
uncleck:

One of those useless courses. Education History/Int'l studies

Your course is what you make out of it. Do try to have a change of mindset, reposition your priorities, and things will fall in place.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
You can start from there,who knows....GOD MIGHT CONNECT YOU TO YOUR DESTINY HELPER FROM THERE.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by tukurmahmudzaki(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2021
Issues40:
The truth is some of you high up there don't know what some people down the bottom do to survive each day. It's not about how educated you are or your work experience or the school you went to or your size of connection. It is not about any of those. I know of a first class graduate who sells marijuana and cannabis just to make small change and survive. It's just life. Everybody cannot be up there at the same time. Some people go there first and others get there later. I heard of a graduate lady with a strong 2:1 who ventured into frying akara for three years with her mum after graduation because there was no job forthcoming. Today she's working in switzerland with World bank. It is turn by turn. That's how life is. It is what it is. My friend's grandfather told me something. He said "In this circle of interest called life, what will be will eventually be. That is it!

Wisdom... Really do love ur cite Dude
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by GboyegaD(m): 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2021
majorbravo:

No vex, he no fit go teach for very good private secondary school ni?
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by oluwanimoduroty: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
Graduated with 2:1 and I presently earn 40k(less than after my shortages) every month

1 Like

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Fortez: 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2021
How many bsc earn more than that these days
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by chyzoo4u(m): 5:27pm On Jul 24, 2021
Funtep:

By your logic, once you made a couple of bucks, you relax.

You definitely have comprehension issues if you deduced the above from my post.

Come to think of it, the reverse is actually the case. You can't sustain a business by spamming, whilst you can do so by doing the right thing which is my advice to you in my post.

Do actual digital marketing and sustain your biz for a long time, spamming won't do that.

Funtep:

That is why ppl like you never make it big

You can only get to my level in your dreams...

Funtep:

I may stop making money today and I already have enough to last me a decade.

And you can't even spend less than 30k a week for ads but rather spend so much time and energy creating nairaland accounts and spamming day and night? Are you high

Funtep:

And by the way I am a programmer with 6yrs experience and I have helped lots of people.

Heyyy... Stop it! Don't give that honourable profession a bad name. Programmer my foot.
A programmer in spamming language? Which programmer spends 20 out of 24 hrs everyday spamming? Keep the answer to yourself.

Which time do you have to write codes when you're busy creating accounts and spamming every thread From the handles, you ain't even using a bot.

Funtep:

Sit down there and be deceiving yourself.

Hello.... I guess you're referring to yourself here. I'm trying to help you to stop deceiving yourself you get

Funtep:

I created my first blog in 2007 shortly after Nairaland started but quitted when I gained admission. After my Nysc in 2015, I resumed

Good. After 14 years, see where nairaland has gotten and your blog that was created same time can't stand the test of time. You know why, because you didn't apply professionalism to your blog, and you're still making same mistake today.

Funtep:

Let me tell you, I bought my first car off blogging on 9th May, 2018

Congratulations... Since your blog can buy you a car it means you've got good traffic... Then, why not advertise on your blog if you can't cough out 30k a week for NL, FB, or Google Ads. You still need to read books and understand how to run business.

Funtep:

I don't sell what I don't believe in
Believing in it is by using it and not by mouth. Is spamming part of Digital marketing?

Funtep:

Private Message me for proof of all I said

No thanks... I don't need to see anything including your spamming ads on every thread.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
Newray:

Customer service.

Check her savings account and faint from how much you find.

Them no de underate woman wey de man customer relations desk o
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by abbatoir(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2021
[quote author=uncleck post=104043186]I'm a 2.1 graduate. But what if I tell you that my Salary is 15k?[/quote

Tell me it's a joke..
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2021
I'm presently collecting 15K as a BSc holder.
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by abbatoir(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2021
murana100:
Where is the job?

What a question

Sad...
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by CEOwatazs: 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2021
uncleck:

Please how truthful are you?

What course did you study? And where are u currently staying?
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by abbatoir(m): 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2021
dangoteinlaw:
I onces worked with a toxic boss for 20k, a whole me o. [b]The day I realize i had to get rich [/b]was the day my boss refused to pay me and when i asked him why, his words were "i will lay u when i feel like paying you". I nearly broke into tears that day.

Get rich..
Or die trying...
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by samtol4(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2021
uncleck:
What field? You can try funded masters abroad. Keep pushing
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by abbatoir(m): 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2021
Newray:

Did you mean United Bank for Africa

Damn!

1 Like

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Halle000: 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
Sunday Igboho's Lawyer Ibrahim Salami Speaks Out In Yoruba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThLRZhJGc0U
Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by kunleiky(m): 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
People are underpaid for their labor in this country... Haba

1 Like

Re: Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? by Funtep: 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2021
chyzoo4u:

You definitely have comprehension issues if you deduced the above from my post.

Come to think of it, the reverse is actually the case. You can't sustain a business by spamming, whilst you can do so by doing the right thing which is my advice to you in my post.

Do actual digital marketing and sustain your biz for a long time, spamming won't do that.

You can only get to my level in your dreams...

And you can't even spend less than 30k a week for ads but rather spend so much time and energy creating nairaland accounts and spamming day and night? Are you high

Heyyy... Stop it! Don't give that honourable profession a bad name. Programmer my foot.
A programmer in spamming language? Which programmer spends 20 out of 24 hrs everyday spamming? Keep the answer to yourself.

Which time do you have to write codes when you're busy creating accounts and spamming every thread From the handles, you ain't even using a bot.

Hello.... I guess you're referring to yourself here. I'm trying to help you to stop deceiving yourself you get

Good. After 14 years, see where nairaland has gotten and your blog that was created same time can't stand the test of time. You know why, because you didn't apply professionalism to your blog, and you're still making same mistake today.

Congratulations... Since your blog can buy you a car it means you've got good traffic... Then, why not advertise on your blog if you can't cough out 30k a week for NL, FB, or Google Ads. You still need to read books and understand how to run business.

Believing in it is by using it and not by mouth. Is spamming part of Digital marketing?

No thanks... I don't need to see anything including your spamming ads on every thread.

You are not knowledgeable my friend
My blog niche is not tech. You don't have a clue on how stuffs work

Bye bye (Don't bother responding)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? / Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.