Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,464 members, 7,836,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? (968 Views)

As A Lady, The Older You Get, The More You Lose Your Value / Why Did The prisoner Choose The Bread instead of the key? / Where Is This Generation Heading To what married women doing to themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by freshkpomo(m): 9:31am On Jul 25, 2021
Happy Sunday Niaralanders, this topic is a free for all, share your opinions.

I had the privilege of meeting my great grandpa and his three wives ( my great grandmother inclusive). They all worked with unity,cooked farmed, went to stream and market together (According to my grandmother). I saw this unity in them too before my old man died, this was polygamy that ought to be very competitive. There was no chicken republic,big proposal, honeymoon in Dubai, baby shower in Canada and other romantic stuffs, but yet these guys stuck together like glue and everyone knew their role in the family and played it perfectly.

Fast forward to today, marriage is scary and some even refer to it as hell. Men of those days hardly knew their wife, the women might be married of to a total stranger and that's it, but today you date for 7 years,court for 3years and still after marriage you still feel you married a total stranger.

Let's not just talk about domestic violence, it is more rampant now. These days people hardly cherish their spouse and can cause them harm within the slightest provocation. Those days, women were treated like queens and the women in turn see their husband as their Lord, owner and the reason of their existence ( speaking from a Benin perspective). But today it's not so, people can comfortably punch their wives to death or castrate their husband while he is deep at sleep. I was told my great-grandfather was very stubborn when he was younger but this stubbornness end with his children, he only takes it to the wives when they go out of their place i.e he is trying to discipline the child,then a woman interferes instead of just walking past, him go carry the cane jejely weep you like two strokes so that your head go correct and that will send a strong message to the child.

In view of the above, what will we conclude as a possible reason for the problems encountered in marriage today, could it be CIVILIZATION or we just evolved? Share your views and opinions.

Cc mynd44 seun lalasticlala Dominique

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Lawlab3: 9:32am On Jul 25, 2021
Dunno
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Bedtec: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2021
Internet
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by dawnomike(m): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2021
It is a complex situation... All i can say is that the world is changing.
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by fati2001(m): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2021
freshkpomo:
Happy Sunday Niaralanders, this topic is a free for all, share your opinions.

I had the privilege of meeting my great grandpa and his three wives ( my great grandmother inclusive). They all worked with unity,cooked farmed, went to stream and market together (According to my grandmother). I saw this unity in them too before my old man died, this was polygamy that ought to be very competitive. There was no chicken republic,big proposal, honeymoon in Dubai, baby shower in Canada and other romantic stuffs, but yet these guys stuck together like glue and everyone knew their role in the family and played it perfectly.

Fast forward to today, marriage is scary and some even refer to it as hell. Men of those days hardly knew their wife, the women might be married of to a total stranger and that's it, but today you date for 7 years,court for 3years and still after marriage you still feel you married a total stranger.

Let's not just talk about domestic violence, it is more rampant now. These days people hardly cherish their spouse and can cause them harm within the slightest provocation. Those days, women were treated like queens and the women in turn see their husband as their Lord, owner and the reason of their existence ( speaking from a Benin perspective). But today it's not so, people can comfortably punch their wives to death or castrate their husband while he is deep at sleep. I was told my great-grandfather was very stubborn when he was younger but this stubbornness end with his children, he only takes it to the wives when they go out of their place i.e he is trying to discipline the child,then a woman interferes instead of just walking past, him go carry the cane jejely weep you like two strokes so that your head go correct and that will send a strong message to the child.

In view of the above, what will we conclude as a possible reason for the problems encountered in marriage today, could it be CIVILIZATION or we just evolved? Share your views and opinions.

Cc mynd44 seun lalasticlala Dominique

technology

4 Likes

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:47am On Jul 25, 2021
What makes you think that marriages are no longer lasting long
just because one or two celebrities decides to divorce themselves you now use that as a metric to judge marriages undecided
go to real life and you will see couples that have been married for years and living happily...
not everything you see on the internet is real...
the internet is another world of it's own undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Aidejay(m): 9:51am On Jul 25, 2021
Change
Education
Human rights
Civilisation
Exposure
Information
Sexual freedom
Erosion of marriage culture
Financial independence
Acceptance
Tolerance
Erosion of religious fundamentals
Social media
Legality
And many more.
There more than 50 different reasons
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Seniorwriter(m): 9:57am On Jul 25, 2021
Nothing changed....just that in this dispensation you get to hear or read about it on the media.

In those days women even get married multiple times and many men throw out wives @multiple times too.

freshkpomo:
. Seniorwriter

Sir, things have changed for real. The only reason marriage still exists is because of religion. Marriage is gradually been replaced with baby mama and baby papa stuff, not just with celebrities alone, it's happening in the streets too.
You seem not to comprehend the topic.
The subject matter is for people that got into marriage & why they last longer in it & not about those(baby mamas & papas) that did not....be guided and I opined on it that it's same difference is just the awareness ease now in a tech driven media age.

Deep Quote:
Always balance your EQ with IQ in love & relationship matters.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Michelle55: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2021
There wasn't any urgent 2k/5k, twerking videos or hookups those days, the men wasn't trying to impress the ladies and no pressure to make money or die trying syndrome as well, unlike now that things has changed.

Social medias has helped to bastardize everything, everyone is trying to overtake the other and the ladies are in competition with themselves.

Technology isn't left out as well... The last sane generations is the 80s, the rest of us born after that time na China batteries.

Marriage is now a joke compared to the olden days, women now competes with men in cheating festivals and divorce is now rampant

9 Likes

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Belafonte(m): 10:00am On Jul 25, 2021
Largely because they had no choice but stay married. There were consequences for absconding your marriage.

Today, those consequences are largely dissolved or weakened, hence, no incentive to remain married when your spouse is making you see crazy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by freshkpomo(m): 10:06am On Jul 25, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
What makes you think that marriages are no longer lasting long
just because one or two celebrities decides to divorce themselves you now use that as a metric to judge marriages undecided
go to real life and you will see couples that have been married for years and living happily...
not everything you see on the internet is real...
the internet is another world of it's own undecided
. Seniorwriter

Sir, things have changed for real. The only reason marriage still exists is because of religion. Marriage is gradually been replaced with baby mama and baby papa stuff, not just with celebrities alone, it's happening in the streets too.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by freshkpomo(m): 10:12am On Jul 25, 2021
Belafonte:
Largely because they had no choice but stay married. There were consequences for absconding your marriage.

Today, those consequences are largely dissolved or weakened, hence, no incentive to remain married when your spouse is making you see crazy grin
Ladies when don go for boobs and ass enlargement can't really take consequences serious and men folks on the other side just got rewired to start pushing women towards that direction by craving for it.
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by thatsleepboy1: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2021
Many pple are following the crowd and Abaddon and his cohorts are at work. May the Lord bless us with wisdom, knowledge, and understanding to see and comprehend what is happening these days.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2021
Simply internet
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Belafonte(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2021
freshkpomo:

Ladies when don go for boobs and ass enlargement can't really take consequences serious and men folks on the other side just got rewired to start pushing women towards that direction by craving for it.

Is there any man that has specifically old a woman to go get a bigger boob or butt? If they exist, they're probably less than 1% of men.

The women do it because they are daft or they want to be attractive to men so they can corner resources. No man is going to tell a woman to get a boobjob, yet women are doing it because they want to live baby girl lifestyle. And even if their men suggested it, they are at liberty to refuse and date someone else,nobody held a gun to their heads

Please, don't be a simp. Let these women take full responsibility for their actions
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Belafonte(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2021
freshkpomo:
. Seniorwriter

The only reason marriage still exists is because men want children. The baby mama thing is still rising. When it gets to a head, marriage go be like Volkswagen Beetle, artifact

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Palazee(m): 10:54am On Jul 25, 2021
Urgent 2k

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by freshkpomo(m): 11:06am On Jul 25, 2021
Belafonte:

Is there any man that has specifically old a woman to go get a bigger boob or butt? If they exist, they're probably less than 1% of men.

The women do it because they are daft or they want to be attractive to men so they can corner resources. No man is going to tell a woman to get a boobjob, yet women are doing it because they want to live baby girl lifestyle. And even if their men suggested it, they are at liberty to refuse and date someone else,nobody held a gun to their heads

Please, don't be a simp. Let these women take full responsibility for their actions

I know what I am saying, you need to see the way men worship these women online, they heap praises on them and ignore or sometime insult those without it. Let's look for instance there was a Post on how a lady stole the show at a party because she had big assets. A female cannot make such a post and the major people that commented on that post were male folks. No matter what you say, men are encouraging it indirectly because of their desire for it, people pay millions just to have a taste of it and these things makes the women feel they are on track.

Lastly no man will openly tell a woman to go get a butt or boobs enlargement, but deep down most of them crave for it. The internet is your friend,you can take a walk round the profile of some of these female folk. You even see some men telling them thank you for accepting my request undecided
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Belafonte(m): 11:48am On Jul 25, 2021
freshkpomo:

I know what I am saying, you need to see the way men worship these women online, they heap praises on them and ignore or sometime insult those without it. Let's look for instance there was a Post on how a lady stole the show at a party because she had big assets. A female cannot make such a post and the major people that commented on that post were male folks. No matter what you say, men are encouraging it indirectly because of their desire for it, people pay millions just to have a taste of it and these things makes the women feel they are on track.

Lastly no man will openly tell a woman to go get a butt or boobs enlargement, but deep down most of them crave for it. The internet is your friend,you can take a walk round the profile of some of these female folk. You even see some men telling them thank you for accepting my request undecided

Are you a drug dealer or yahoo boy? Do millions of Nigerian women not fain over drug dealers and yahoo boys on the internet and even in real life? grin

Anybody is free to say anything with their mouth and data. You have your own life to live with your own choices. Nobody will put a gin to your head and say they will kill you if you don't buy a Benz by next Friday.

If these women are so easily swayed into putting their lives in danger because of internet nobodies and that is justified, then perhaps, their phones should be seized from them or they should be banned from using he internet. Again, why do they have to post their body shapes on the net for people who don't know then and they don't know to validate their beauty? grin

Are they so weak and so vapid that a few mean words is sufficient to put their lives in danger?

Btw, the kind of woman that will continually post images of herself on the internet for public approval is exactly the kind of woman no man that values his peace and life should even consider marrying.

Again, I repeat, do not be a simp

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by freshkpomo(m): 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Belafonte:

Are you a drug dealer or yahoo boy? Do millions of Nigerian women not fain over drug dealers and yahoo boys on the internet and even in real life? grin

Anybody is free to say anything with their mouth and data. You have your own life to live with your own choices. Nobody will put a gin to your head and say they will kill you if you don't buy a Benz by next Friday.

If these women are so easily swayed into putting their lives in danger because of internet nobodies and that is justified, then perhaps, their phones should be seized from them or they should be banned from using he internet. Again, why do they have to post their body shapes on the net for people who don't know then and they don't know to validate their beauty? grin

Are they so weak and so vapid that a few mean words is sufficient to put their lives in danger?

Btw, the kind of woman that will continually post images of herself on the internet for public approval is exactly the kind of woman no man that values his peace and life should even consider marrying.

Again, I repeat, do not be a simp
you guys abuse that word simp on nairaland. Nairaland accommodates the good,bad and ugly.

You spoke about peace of mind, who told you men of this generation don't act like people who needs peace of mind, have you seen how some men make jokes of those church type of girls that put on long skirts with no make-up?

I will end it here so it will not seem like I am justifying enlargement and it's related stuff. Thanks for your time.
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Belafonte(m): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
freshkpomo:
you guys abuse that word simp on nairaland. Nairaland accommodates the good,bad and ugly.

You spoke about peace of mind, who told you men of this generation don't act like people who needs peace of mind, have you seen how some men make jokes of those church type of girls that put on long skirts with no make-up?

I will end it here so it will not seem like I am justifying enlargement and it's related stuff. Thanks for your time.

The moment you absolve women of their personal responsibility and accountability, you're a simp
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by XXXXTENTACION: 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
freshkpomo:
. Seniorwriter

And how did you know this
because the last time i checked on the streets they are couples who are married and happily living their lives....
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Kobicove(m): 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
A major factor is social media, these days there are more opportunities to meet new people with whom you have chemistry on a constant basis undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Theboy21: 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
cheesy
Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
What I know is that these days there are more opportunities to bang a married woman grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
shocked
The older generation had no Bobrisky but this generation has many Bobriskies which in turn doesn't have brains at all undecided

Sometimes when I take a look at my popsy,I just dey shake my head because na only God know the kind enjoyment wey their generation enjoy......Our generation, nothing nothing.....Even to find single one virgin self be like who dey select stones from bag of beans lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Older Generation Last In Marriage Than This Generation? by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
Marriage then wasn't perfect,but it's easy to catch a unfaithful partner with technology now compare to then, and DNA

(1) (Reply)

How / Can You Forfeit Ur Kini For Life For $30b / Please How Can I Stop My Sister From Loving His Boy Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.