Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

I Feel Like Quitting My Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Feel Like Quitting My Job (26696 Views)

Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience / Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. / Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by DeSwitchConsole(m): 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
Please go ahead if you have an exit plan

If not, endure till you can figure out one
I'm sure you can survive a little more. The new boss is only a replaceable human afterall.

On the other hand, try make yourself as comfortable as you can be while still there, you might outgrow the challenges in the end sef and may decide to stay

In short, before you quit, make sure you have a well calculated plan. Not all risks are worth taking

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by DeSepiero(m): 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
Play the game.

Quitters don't win

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Antoeni(m): 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
Angel fall

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by SimplePlan34: 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ogeni if u do not have plan B pls don't quit I repeat pls don't quit. Dats what got me into dis mess I am in. Double Ur hustle with dat amount acquiring a new skill set is easy. Get something concrete before quitting oo. Unless u have who will support you.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by vickydevoka(m): 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
Rickmann:

A lot of people will give anything to get twice that stress much more having a job... Think.
U are right. Buh online stuff is stressful
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by dex4sure: 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
No let village people use your head o
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
ceevee2003:
Hi all, I need your advice. I work for an online university that pays USD equivalent 230,000 as per today's aboki exchange rate. Now, just recently my immediate supervisor was sacked and replaced by an Indian lady who is making the work so difficult to the extent that I hate remembering work. I have been in this job for close to 5 years and I have never felt this bad about the job. Right now I feel like quitting and focusing on my other hustle, although this will mean halving my monthly income. Anyone with a similar experience to share, or advice to give?
you can assign me some work to relieve you of the stress,like make i be your online assistant,pay me any amount.

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Cubby22: 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Chairman, I chairman , In any situation I find myself I consider it as a test. I try to come up with strategies of making love that particular thing I do. Quitting is not a bad idea especially when it it's obvious you might be sacked.
But use ur head o. Even agbero for 9ja never quit o

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Cubby22: 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Cubby22:
Chairman, I say chairman , In any situation I find myself I consider it as a test. I try to come up with strategies of making love that particular thing I do. Quitting is not a bad idea especially when it it's obvious you might be sacked.
But use ur head o. Even agbero for 9ja never quit o
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Mutemenot(m): 9:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
small thing u wan quit .. u think life is easy anywhere abeg reason the money, that is the only mentality here in naija.. don't reason the woman's approach, u can even take her position someday

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by BrainSanitizer: 9:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
ceevee2003:
Hi all, I need your advice. I work for an online university that pays USD equivalent 230,000 as per today's aboki exchange rate. Now, just recently my immediate supervisor was sacked and replaced by an Indian lady who is making the work so difficult to the extent that I hate remembering work. I have been in this job for close to 5 years and I have never felt this bad about the job. Right now I feel like quitting and focusing on my other hustle, although this will mean halving my monthly income. Anyone with a similar experience to share, or advice to give?
If you are having a hard time meeting up the expectations of your new boss, then your former boss had overlooked your incompetencies.
Just sit up, give the job all you can and even more.
Your new boss will like you and you'll grow.
But if you ain't cut out for that kinda stuff, just quit and start afresh.
I have a friend who desires to be a lazy millionaire.
Each time we're discussing business, he'll always mention it.
Anyway, we are both aware that the only thing that we have in common is drinking beer together.
He strives to be the best but I don't ever want to be a best.
I want to be better, always better.

Look beyond the difficulty and see the opportunity to break new grouds.!

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by kclee(m): 9:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
Better stay put until u get better options....

Get your Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) at ease. Valid travel documents (visa and ticket) holders pleased contact me. Access up to $4,000.00 for your travels. ONLY VALID VISA and TICKET.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
You just got a new supervisor, take some more time to study her and open up to her if you feel overloaded with the work rate,he will understand. I was once in a mess of travelling from Lagos to Abuja and doen to Portharcourt base on the job i do..i got frighten self due to constant air travels and all that. Wanted to quit but was bold enough to approach my superiors n talk to them.
They reason with me n gave me a soft landing.
So attimes talk to her n let her understand. Dont quit your job for now.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Eaglesence: 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
ceevee2003:

Go to God in prayer. If you be Christian with a relationship with God o. Tell him what you want exertly, give a seed faith and see that what God cannot do does not exist

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Karleb(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
Why don't you pen a letter to the Indian, telling her of your displeasures.

If she gets angry, she sacks you.
If she get sense, she changes. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by GeneralPula: 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
Is she sex starved or wetin dey wrong with her

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by NiklauseFred(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Grow some balls....

[img]https://media1./images/f6aa5871607b1c8f9f05b99b53dab74c/tenor.gif?itemid=18210872[/img]

I think he grew apples instead

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Legend44(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
U feel like, not that u think u should leave... Bros you're the one to decide for yourself. Just remember most people are looking for a job today. What's the guarantee u will get one immediately.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by FarahAideed: 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hang on there ..you too will soon be a supervisor
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by nkemdi89(f): 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
Just one small challenge and you want to quit, what makes you think she will be there forever? Some of us have been working for almost two decades with government, despite that we know what we are passing through, they will try to frustrate us , but we get stronger. When life offers you lime, convert it to lemonade, please don't quit because of person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
Don't quit. Instead, pray to God to change her attitude towards you. For the bible says "The heart of the king is in his hands. He turneth it to where ever he pleases."
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by socialmediaman: 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
ceevee2003:

Go for counseling where you can provide them with more information, maybe they will give you answers that may give you a better perspective. With limited information there’s not much we can do here
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by kellybently(m): 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
ceevee2003:

If you need soap. I fit link you up. The lady no go worry you again.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
You are a lazy person. An Indian lady identified your laziness and corruption and decides to change the system... Giving you strict conditions to work and you want to run.

You are a typical example of the rot in our educational system and you don't deserve that work. Quit for the good of Nigerians and yourself and let someone who is comfortable with positive change take your job.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Tobinrobin(m): 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2021
Like someone rightly said; you’re the only one that can decide this for yourself. But I’ll advice you try to win your new boss over & don’t quit unless there’s something better than this or you intend to start something more profitable for you in the long run.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Tobinrobin(m): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
PietraK:
You are a lazy person. An Indian lady identified your laziness and corruption and decides to change the system... Giving you strict conditions to work and you want to run.

You are a typical example of the rot in our educational system and you don't deserve that work. Quit for the good of Nigerians and yourself and let someone who is comfortable with positive change take your job.

You got all of these from what he wrote? Geez! What’s wrong with some of you guys?

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by frog12: 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
what does this INDIAN woman do to you that make you hate the job ?
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by dan56: 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
ceevee2003:
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by ignis: 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
ceevee2003:

Don't quit yet.... But develop your side huzzle as plan B
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by frozen70(f): 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2021
ceevee2003:

Its up to you to know what the company Is upto

Instead of them to sack you same way they did to your supervisor, is better you resign

If you know that your other hustle can feed you three square meals a day, then it's time for you to quit

But if you are ready to humble yourself, especially now that a new sheriff is in town, pls do and start planning ahead of your exit

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Lexusgs430: 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
ceevee2003:

Quit the job and give me the employers details........ cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Graduate Seeks For Job With Placard Bearing His Photo / Ran Away From Interview / IPI Powertech Graduate Trainee Recruitment Program 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.