Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

I Feel Like Quitting My Job - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Feel Like Quitting My Job (26873 Views)

Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience / Quitting My Job / Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Myd12(m): 12:49am On Jul 26, 2021
Boss abeg immediately you quit , let me know so I can apply as soon as possible , I no get job for the past 6 years now ... I will appreciate if you can give me the address or rather tell me where I can apply appropriately .. Thanks �� God bless you ..

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by saajus: 12:51am On Jul 26, 2021
Is your side hustle guarantee?
Is your side hustle scalable? I mean if you dedicate more time to it, can you make more money.
Has the job started to affect your mental health. like, you are not performing well in other areas of your life because of the job.

No matter what your answers are, I would advise you to scale your side hustle first before resigning.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Manhood85(m): 1:08am On Jul 26, 2021
ceevee2003:
Hi all, I need your advice. I work for an online university that pays USD equivalent 230,000 as per today's aboki exchange rate. Now, just recently my immediate supervisor was sacked and replaced by an Indian lady who is making the work so difficult to the extent that I hate remembering work. I have been in this job for close to 5 years and I have never felt this bad about the job. Right now I feel like quitting and focusing on my other hustle, although this will mean halving my monthly income. Anyone with a similar experience to share, or advice to give?
Indian people are terrible to work with. I had the same experience with my former Indian female boss. I told the owner of the organization that I will be resigning my appointment because of her, lucky she was sacked for my sake.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by codedearner(m): 1:23am On Jul 26, 2021
Bros, quit and tell me so that I can apply.
Honestly, you should persevere and work on how to make things better at work. Your Indian Boss won't be strict forever and she will eventually come around when she knows the lay of the land.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by mary3dx: 1:45am On Jul 26, 2021
EXTENSIVE INCOME WITH E-COMMERCE & DIGITAL SKILLS IN YOUR BUSINESS/CAREER

DROPSHIPPING: create an online store, we offer you the best products, tools and manufacturers for you to choose from.

Affiliate marketing: with our master class you make a huge commission as an Affiliate Marketer.

Website/app designer: create e-commerce like Jumia, Konga, Ali express to showcase products and services.

Fashion brand: equipping you with the latest tools to set up your fashion brand.

Social media influencer: what are you good at let’s turn your passion into money for you, by making you a social media influencer.

Many more…
Graphic Designer
Video Producer
Blogger
Online Course Creator
Handmade Business Owner.

And many….
There’s are also some bonus courses for those who will enrol for the course.
WhatsApp: 09064829096

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by evioke(m): 2:30am On Jul 26, 2021
My broda do not try quitting that job, unless you have a strong backup, no job in Nigeria again, seeing a better paying job in this country is like gulder ultimate search.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by blackslayer: 2:55am On Jul 26, 2021
quit only if you have something to replace it with....Unless if your current job is a nightmare and detrimental to your emotional and mental wellbeing. Don't subject yourself to emotional trauma because of a job and or money.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Juliearth(f): 3:21am On Jul 26, 2021
ceevee2003:
not that easy a decision to make. Very difficult. I feel I might regret.

Your feelings are correct. You don't run away from challenges, you face them. If there is a reason for this animosity, address that reason. If there is none, focus on winning her over. Hustle or not, I am sure you will need a steady source of income.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by jaystar(m): 4:53am On Jul 26, 2021
From my experience, I once worked in a toxic environment. Because I had no time for my family, I quitted the job last year. My brother, I have been regretting my decision since then. Because the family I quitted for needs money. I pray God gives me another chance to get a good job again. I will never allow the toxicity of any workplace pressure me to resign anymore. I have learnt my lessons. Learn from my case bro.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by focus7: 5:16am On Jul 26, 2021
ceevee2003:
Hi all, I need your advice. I work for an online university that pays USD equivalent 230,000 as per today's aboki exchange rate. Now, just recently my immediate supervisor was sacked and replaced by an Indian lady who is making the work so difficult to the extent that I hate remembering work. I have been in this job for close to 5 years and I have never felt this bad about the job. Right now I feel like quitting and focusing on my other hustle, although this will mean halving my monthly income. Anyone with a similar experience to share, or advice to give?

Guy don't quit. Find a way to make up with her you too might end up becoming best of friends at the end, what is missing between you might be simple understanding.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by nams77: 5:37am On Jul 26, 2021
ceevee2003:
In the same shi*t with you. Just thinking about my job gives me heart burn grin and depression.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Tzar(m): 5:49am On Jul 26, 2021
1. Calculate your current lifestyle cost if you live moderately, will half your current earnings make you comfortable? If not quitting right now is a bad move.
2. Can you double what you earn from that side hustle immediately you quit your day job? If so, quiting still carries a risk, but it is worth it.
3. If quitting wont fund your lifestyle moderately / adequately, I suggest you give yourself a 3-6months target of building your side hustle to earn better while you work and patientlly tolerate the harsh boss OR agressively look for a better job in that 3-6months while you tolerate this experience.

Nigeria is suicidally hard if you do not earn enough to support yourself, so think critically think about the pros and cons.

I wish you God speed. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by azimibraun: 6:30am On Jul 26, 2021
Many won't understand him and he won't understand many commenting. Mental health Vs Financial/survival health in play.
To die on the job or die outside it. FEAR of the unknown period.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by ahmedio2017(m): 6:39am On Jul 26, 2021
Tzar:
1. Calculate your current lifestyle cost if you live moderately, will half your current earnings make you comfortable? If not quitting right now is a bad move.
2. Can you double what you earn from that side hustle immediately you quit your day job? If so, quiting still carries a risk, but it is worth it.
3. If quitting wont fund your lifestyle moderately / adequately, I suggest you give yourself a 3-6months target of building your side hustle to earn better while you work and patientlly tolerate the harsh boss OR agressively look for a better job in that 3-6months while you tolerate this experience.

Nigeria is suicidally hard if you do not earn enough to support yourself, so think critically think about the pros and cons.

I wish you God speed. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

I am working in one private school that pays 20k per month and also do one home lesson that pays 12k all together is 32k per month, but during holidays no salary from the school but I will still get that home lesson pay... Now my question in this my own situation can I actually leave the job and go for a skill? Because I have a friend that works as electrician he promised to be taking me along whenever they are going for work but my fear is if I stop my job how will I be surviving...should I leave the job or what do you suggest

Pls I need your advice sir/ma
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by ahmedio2017(m): 6:42am On Jul 26, 2021
Mind you, from this my salary transport is there feeding is there and some other miscellaneous....
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Slurity(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2021
ceevee2003:
immediately I read the word 'Indian' I just smile, that is the real typical Indiana for you, they love work and also love to make the work hard as well, I remember my former boss Raja, I advise you remain in the job because she will soon got frustrated and quit or be replaced soon. They too don't know how to keep a job for long due to their attitude and impatient for better life. Don't go for her, you are strong. By the way, start focusing on your other hustle for expansion and to generate more money. This will give you soft landing when the worst eventually happens on the teaching job.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by bibiking7(m): 7:06am On Jul 26, 2021

Don't quit because of a bad boss. You can learn from the shituation.

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by akanbiaa(m): 7:09am On Jul 26, 2021
ceevee2003:
Those Married Graduate /Masters degree holders collecting not more than 15k naira monthly working in Private schools with much pressure and workload will be in best position to advice you.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by HottieCoach(f): 7:09am On Jul 26, 2021
ceevee2003:

You just need to buckle up,
Do not quit; atleast not yet.

You got too comfortable,
there’s a change in power now,
….

Do not just give up when things get difficult,
Face it, head on
There’s always a lesson to learn.

besides, most people would kill to get paid N230,000.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Antibettings: 7:12am On Jul 26, 2021
Bro, no think am ooo
I was once in your shoe.. my boss resigned and was replaced with a woman, I didn't dull any of my moment to win her over to my self (although, my boss used to give me new work every week and this woman hasn't done any)
There was a time she shifted part of my job a lady from her company in another department
I didn't hesitate to show her my achievement (that was what calm her down)

That's how transitioning has always been.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by ahmedio2017(m): 7:19am On Jul 26, 2021
I am working in one private school that pays 20k per month and also do one home lesson that pays 12k all together is 32k per month, but during holidays no salary from the school but I will still get that home lesson pay... Now my question in this my own situation can I actually leave the job and go for a skill? Because I have a friend that works as electrician he promised to be taking me along whenever they are going for work but my fear is if I stop my job how will I be surviving...should I leave the job or what do you suggest....

Mind you, from this my salary transport is there feeding is there and some other miscellaneous....
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by ArticleBeast: 7:29am On Jul 26, 2021
PietraK:
You are a lazy person. An Indian lady identified your laziness and corruption and decides to change the system... Giving you strict conditions to work and you want to run.

You are a typical example of the rot in our educational system and you don't deserve that work. Quit for the good of Nigerians and yourself and let someone who is comfortable with positive change take your job.
Some of you are just foolish. Have you ever worked with an Indian? There is a reason those of us in the freelancing world avoid them like flies.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by prince049(m): 7:36am On Jul 26, 2021
judecares1:
By the time I share my experience with you, you will definitely have hope.
I work from Monday-saturday,8-6pm on daily basis as internal auditor in one hotel in Lagos oo, immediately i wake up,I will hiss and feel like going back to bed but what will i do i need to go to work,u get to work,insults all over the place from HR and GM.

Am seriously looking for a job as far as in Lagos, make una help me out

Same with me..can I pm you
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by ceevee2003: 7:40am On Jul 26, 2021
HottieCoach:
I appreciate this reply. Thank you for the encouragement.

You got too comfortable,
….

Face it, head on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by thundafire: 7:48am On Jul 26, 2021
ceevee2003:
not that easy a decision to make. Very difficult. I feel I might regret.
then don't come here and ask for advice wen u know quitting will be a hard decision for u
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by Queenserah26(f): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2021
Exactly

ItrendNaija:

Why don't you try and win her over instead of just quiting. Small difficulty you want to quit? You're stronger and better than that mindset. Just be confident in your ability and do what you have to do, everything will fall in place
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by edunaragold(f): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2021
Rougher and toughest time done last but tough people do
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by orumba(m): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2021
Quit not, dey go still Change another person
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by nuel000: 8:17am On Jul 26, 2021
don't quit until you have secured a better job, that's the best advice i can give
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by nuel000: 8:31am On Jul 26, 2021
im telling u...remove the 30,000 on top sef...i will rush it
HottieCoach:

You got too comfortable,
….

Face it, head on

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by dnatureman03(m): 9:02am On Jul 26, 2021
I was in your shoes 4 months ago and I am glad I made the decision I made. However, there are certain things i would want you to consider before making the decision to stay or leave. In my case, my boss was toxic and her toxicity was beginning to spread in the environment. She was always making us work 12-15hrs a day (8am to 8pm and sometimes 9pm or 10pm). Most times, she would made sure we went to work on Saturdays and Sundays, all without extra pay. Despite being her best hand, I had to quit to save my sanity, just when my salary had just been increased to 90k.
So, before making that decision, you need to be sure that you are not the problem. you need to be sure that you are not being lazy or feeling entitled to too much freedom, and that you are really delivering the quality expected of you. If you are sure not to be the problem but you think the new boss is overwhelming you with tasks that drain your mental health or do not allow you to have time for yourself, or (s)he has set a higher expectations for you, please, just work harder not to impress her but to deliver. Consider it as a challenge to strengthen your resilience and sharpen your skill.
But bro, If you feel your inner peace and sanity are getting compromised, LEAVE! Don't wait until you start seeing your job as a source of sadness and depression. We are supposed to be happy that we have job. The moment you start becoming sad because you have a job, just leave.
Re: I Feel Like Quitting My Job by dnatureman03(m): 9:07am On Jul 26, 2021
nuel000:
don't quit until you have secured a better job, that's the best advice i can give

Some jobs won't give you the time to get another job until you quit them. That was my case. I now have time to do many things that would impact my life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My 1 Year Experience With Fortunate Step Resources Makurdi / Paramilitary Job Of 125k Starting(fg Slot) Or an FMCG Company Of 165k+ / Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.