Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill (25621 Views)

FG Laments High Cost Of Food / Naira Scarcity: Protesters Hit Sagamu, Raze Banks, INEC, IBEDC Offices / IBEDC To Begin Distribution Of 100,000 Free Meters Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by matm: 7:26am On Jul 26, 2021
Nepa marketers no longer take meter reading but write whatever they like as bill at the end of each month.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by Juoflife1(f): 7:30am On Jul 26, 2021
Your bill is 9k and you are complaining. My current charge for one month is 47k +estimation. Everything is like 170k grin. Now I hold my money and wait for nepa. When they come, I pay and they leave the light, if they say the money is too small, they cut their light, and I hold my money. Shikina

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by babaoo: 7:30am On Jul 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright ....

Him never see anything

After disconnection....them go still dey bring bill dey come for am

Hello how far? Plz send me contact wey I fit message u
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by thundafire: 7:32am On Jul 26, 2021
post=104099593:
As we always say on this forum : Karma has everyone's address.
It will get to everybody's house in due time.
No one can ever escape it.

If na good u sabi do, don't stop
If na bad deeds be ur own, kontinue!

We are damn sure he must be one of those that used to think they were gods in those terrible and dark years.

What goes around......
karma dn visit u tey tey
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by maximanuel: 7:34am On Jul 26, 2021
Cokahot:
Hahaha a dose of your own medicine. I re. When nepa told me I was owing 187k and i needed to pay half or get disconnected. I did not mind getting disconnected when I already had installed a propane gas on my gen. Hahahahahahaha

How far bro Plz I'm really interested in the propane gas stuff....plz how do I go about it..... Thanks in advance Man
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by authority2006(m): 7:36am On Jul 26, 2021
Cokahot:
Hahaha a dose of your own medicine. I re. When nepa told me I was owing 187k and i needed to pay half or get disconnected. I did not mind getting disconnected when I already had installed a propane gas on my gen. Hahahahahahaha

They were giving us 5k every month before, suddenly it just went up to 20k every month! We couldn't catch up with the payment and luckily for us, prepaid meter was installed for us. But debt of 204k was moved into the prepaid meter account! We were forced to pay 20k, then 17k as part of the debt, we don't know how much we're going to pay next month.

We told them not to allow Jonathan to sell power sector but his supporters wouldn't listen, now everyone is paying Deji Adeleke, Elemelu, Abdulsalam Abubakar and others huge amount of money monthly for the same darkness.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by AlphaT1(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Good for him. When he was in NEPA dishing out crazy billings to people, he didn't know karma is waiting for him. It's like these commercial bus drivers charging passengers high fees that they themselves cannot pay
The poor man was just a civil servant obeying instructions. There was little or nothing he could do concerning bills. NEPA was an agency in the Ministry of Power (MoP). Every instruction comes from the Minister or the D.G/CEO of the Agency ( who are all political appointees). Appointees come with only one goal: to embezzle. And they have to embezzle as much as possible, in any way they can, within the 4 yrs of their tenure... A civil servant ( who is an employee in that Agency/Ministry) cannot do anything on his own..Neither does he want to put his many yrs of labour at risk by opposing evil politicians. So even though he may not like most of what he has been directed to do, he just had to do it...... Imagine someone who has worked for 20yrs being terminated without benefits for opposing one stupid politician who was just appointed a yr ago and would leave after 4yrs.

Almost all memos in civil/public service contain such lines like: I have been directed to,.....or Sequel to the directive by the honourable minister,.......With reference to the memo from xyz,.....Consequent to the Board's approval, .....etc. Even directors still write.. I have been directed to, (for example), inform all staff that those on grade level 12 and below are to work from home starting on> [date]< as recommended by the PTF on Covid-19 (see ABO attached).

1 Like

Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by authority2006(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2021
Juoflife1:
Your bill is 9k and you are complaining. My current charge for one month is 47k +estimation. Everything is like 170k grin. Now I hold my money and wait for nepa. When they come, I pay and they leave the light, if they say the money is too small, they cut their light, and I hold my money. Shikina

And look for alternative.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by Cokahot: 7:39am On Jul 26, 2021
Search nairaland. Sellers are there,mine was installed by my cousin early last year. They will convert it and 12kg can last u a month plus depending on hw u use it,me I run gen at least from 7pm to 10pm. If I get money na to buy solar of 500k.
maximanuel:

Search

How far bro Plz I'm really interested in the propane gas stuff....plz how do I go about it..... Thanks in advance Man
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by ceaser: 7:41am On Jul 26, 2021
Werey! So they can tell that what they've been doing is absolutely wrong.

Indeed the executioner will not allow the sword to be brought near his own neck.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 26, 2021
We are all victims, the soldiers shooting civilians, NEPA officials sharing their targeted income instead of actual usage cost and the list goes on and on.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by CUMIN: 7:44am On Jul 26, 2021
Monogamy:
Hahahahaha

What did this same man do about the ridiculous Nepa bill charges when he was in service?

All those who had power to change things when they were in position but refused to do anything, na all of us go bear the grunt together at last

Water authority are reasoning his matter

Obasanjo is wearing the same shoe
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by Juoflife1(f): 7:44am On Jul 26, 2021
I will
authority2006:

And look for alternative.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by Uncletony(m): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist!

1 Like

Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by themanderon: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2021
The government and electricity distribution companies are busy robbing Nigerians blind and rewarding them with darkness. They cannot ask why Nigeria should be selling electricity to other countries that have 24hrs supply while they are locked in perpetual darkness. BBN is on now and the dumb(I am sorry to use this word) youths would once again take their fix while the cabal continue to rob and rape them blind. Its a hopeless situation and these devils are cashing in full time.

1 Like

Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by nedekid: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2021
Hunter has become the hunted.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by almarthins(m): 8:23am On Jul 26, 2021
WonderManly:
Retired NEPA official asks IBEDC to disconnect house, laments high bill

https://punchng.com/retired-nepa-official-asks-ibedc-to-disconnect-house-laments-high-bill/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0Lj4gn6wm6Y-BaH_SadO9aloiR-rLej-Tz_cx4S1VvK3bgub3fw1pFYBw#Echobox=1627264361

IBEDC very inefficient and irresponsive. I can tell from my experience with them that is an organization packed with wolves, hyenas, jackals and foxes. Imagaine them asking you to pay 178k for 3 phase meter when NERC say it is 89k.

I have sent a message numerous times, till date none of them behind customer care had officially obliged, meaning it is unofficially official to pay exorbitant price for what they will use in billing me.

Lastly, if you find yourselve under ibedc, welcome to the jungle of nonsense, and if have prepaid meter, you can't even load it easily. All efforts are quietly being made to slow down the rolling out of prepaid meters by ibedc.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by simon10mpler(m): 8:24am On Jul 26, 2021
Aside being a former NEPA staff who may have dished out crazy bills during his service, I believe that the economic situation presently does not warrant the high bills this distribution companies are dishing out. Their own is just their target, what they can get, yet their staff are complaining of poor welfare that they are threatening strike. My question is, who is chopping this money?
How much is minimum wage that a month's bill will be 9k or 13k, it is too much.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by maximanuel: 8:46am On Jul 26, 2021
Cokahot:
Search nairaland. Sellers are there,mine was installed by my cousin early last year. They will convert it and 12kg can last u a month plus depending on hw u use it,me I run gen at least from 7pm to 10pm. If I get money na to buy solar of 500k.

Please share me any link u have or mention any seller or installer u know... Thanks Man
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by lakefist(m): 8:47am On Jul 26, 2021
Ashibelieve:
For more than 1 month ive not used PHCN because they give me bill of over 40k/monthly for 1 flat and boys quater to share. Now our pending bill as reached over 700k within 1year because we pay only 11k monthly out of it.

They gave us prepared in June and want to move the 700k to it so we stopped using PHCN and ive been using my gen ever since.

Looking for a solar solution now.

Peace is what i need above every other thing

Solar is the best. But remember to change your conventional AC electronics to energy saving ones.

There is inverter ac, Dc/Ac fans, even solar IRon don dey sef.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by bragamycin: 9:05am On Jul 26, 2021
Fryzi:
You pay outrageous amount of epileptic electricity supply as if your house is an industry. The meter is even more annoying because you have to stop using pressing iron, AC, fridge & even your bulbs. Thieves!!

You are wrong. The prepaid meter is. Life saver. From 12k a month to 3k monthly. We still pump , iron freezer s always on. We no get AC for house. The lights nd fans are always on
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by ranktzy(m): 9:20am On Jul 26, 2021
Ashibelieve:
For more than 1 month ive not used PHCN because they give me bill of over 40k/monthly for 1 flat and boys quater to share. Now our pending bill as reached over 700k within 1year because we pay only 11k monthly out of it.

They gave us prepared in June and want to move the 700k to it so we stopped using PHCN and ive been using my gen ever since.

Looking for a solar solution now.

Peace is what i need above every other thing

If you are interested in solar solution, I can provide the service for you.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 26, 2021
Privatization of electricity is a fraud! People are paying for services not rendered.
If they re sincere there should have been mass metering all over the country.
There is no place in the world where electricity bills are estimated, its unfortunate that the so called experts in the energy field keep quiet over this and stupid gullible Nigerian electricity consumers keep subscribing to this fraudulent scheme.
Serves em right BTW.
Ignorance is costly.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by princewill1996(m): 9:50am On Jul 26, 2021
eniolaamos7:
We are planning to do so immediately we get a solar power supply. We will ask them in a letter to freeze the account till future time.

Geetech energy services is your best plug for anything solar installation, supply and maintenance.
Quality and durability is assured. At a discounted price, as a fellow nairalander.
With 12 +1 months guarantee.

Reach us on: 0 7 0 8 nine 0 4 six 4 4 four (whatsapp)
or email: geetech91@gmail.com.
or dm us
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by benjanjo1: 9:54am On Jul 26, 2021
MadamVanessa:
Zoo

Buhari the greatest Idiotic failure

What has this got to do with buhari?!
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by Kubernetes: 10:50am On Jul 26, 2021
DWJOBScom:
Na so the reality go begin hit them one by one.
The moment you step out of power then you realize all Nigerians have been saying

He worked under NEPA which was very fair in billing and owned by the gvt unlike the current dicos.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by SKhanmi: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2021
lakefist:

Solar is the best. But remember to change your conventional AC electronics to energy saving ones.

There is inverter ac, Dc/Ac fans, even solar IRon don dey sef.

But depending on the customer needs can be quite expensive or incapable? Been studying it for a while & I think its better for those with small energy needs like households with little or no energy expenditure(no always running big fridge/deep freezers,dishwashers,washing machine etc) & Huge companies with the capital. Coupled with many subpar products around( I can't actually point to someone using a solar setup for years without changing something). Seems there's a good reason why electricity is not going anywhere soon.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by Gambit23: 11:27am On Jul 26, 2021
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by Bluntemperor: 11:44am On Jul 26, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Good for him. When he was in NEPA dishing out crazy billings to people, he didn't know karma is waiting for him. It's like these commercial bus drivers charging passengers high fees that they themselves cannot pay

Why is it that when People are in POWER,they do forget easily that Power is trancent!
That ' what comes around goes around'
Today, what should have been a pain staking judgement in many Courts because of its future implications on the people,are now being cajoled albert systematic in Public dormain!
You know not long ago,a Retired Supreme Judge was saying,if certain decisions earlier made a long time but no longer relevant now.
Ok,then why should you wait and retired before you voice such irrelevant now.
Go to many places both within and outside Nigeria,Govt Officials, Labour leaders etc, having expired their timelines now turnaround to say otherwise!
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by lakefist(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
SKhanmi:

But depending on the customer needs can be quite expensive or incapable? Been studying it for a while & I think its better for those with small energy needs like households with little or no energy expenditure(no always running big fridge/deep freezers,dishwashers,washing machine etc) & Huge companies with the capital. Coupled with many subpar products around( I can't actually point to someone using a solar setup for years without changing something). Seems there's a good reason why electricity is not going anywhere soon.

Changing is not compulsory but advisable.

I use Solar freezer and other energy saving stuffs and it has been awesome.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by caye(m): 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2021
psych4urhelp:
Many people don't know what obtained in old EEC, NEPA , PHCN and the present day IBEDC(As implied by the sectional/regional control body which is called the Ibadan electricity distribution company).
As explained, he has never work in the billing section of said organization, he worked as assistant director of rural electrification meaning that, he was never in the billing section which involves the computer department and marketing department.
So many Nepa staffs don't know how to interpret the bill not to talk of causing damages to it.
He was involved in how to get electricity to rural areas, not the billing section.
If the man knows about billing, he would never go to their head to complain , he would have approached those in charge for the magic ways of turning things around.
So many frauds were been perpetrated in the organization, only God can save us customers in this country.

A lot of guys who worked in Rural Electrification in those days stole like mad. A good example was told me by a friend in the University, how he and his Ogas would take a government issued transformer and sell the same at Alaba market. The overused and refurbished transformer would then be sold again to another community,as new; a continuation of the cycle of evil.
Re: Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill by luluman: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline / Trader Moni Disbursements Begin In South-East (Photos) / Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.