Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline (25622 Views)

2019: 15 Governors, 80 Senators, Others Set To Battle Buhari- NewTelegraphOnline / Kanu: Why FG Can’t Hold Abaribe, Others Responsible - NewTelegraphOnline / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Consider PDP Return - NewTelegraphOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:35am On Dec 24, 2016
•I am father to all, says ex-gov

•He remains our leader –PDP

•I have no relationship with Ibori –Dogara

Some political bigwigs in Nigeria, including senators, governors and political associates of the just-released-from-prison former Governor of Delta State, James Ibori, might be rooting for the return of the ex-convict to political office if feelers from a serving senator are anything to go by.

In a video that had gone viral on the social media, the Chairman, Senate Committee on the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, who was a political adviser to the former governor was seen discussing with Ibori and some of his associates, talking about the political prowess of the man who made him a senator and how he wielded so much influence even while he was behind bars.

Apparently referring to the political future of Ibori without being specific, Nwaoboshi said: “Why we have come today, my brother, my leader, is that, first, we are proud of you and we thank God for sparing your life.

“And we want to open this dream, we are waiting for you, and Nigerians will know that a senator is proposing your choice, and not just a senator, a respected senator. A senator that is chairman of the NDDC”, Nwaoboshi said.

Though Ibori is not set to return to Nigeria anytime soon, it is not clear on which political platform the ex-convict will be running in 2019, if indeed he will be contesting for a political office.

There have been speculations that Ibori is planning to join the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in order to have a soft landing and save himself from prosecution.

Some political analysts and lawyers have argued for and against whether Ibori should still face charges in Nigeria after serving a jail term in the UK, but the Court of Appeal had given the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) the leave to appeal Ibori’s acquittal by Justice Marcel Awokulehin of the Federal High Court, Asaba, after the former governor pleaded guilty in a London court.

The Court of Appeal had set aside the ruling of the lower court on the grounds that Awokulehin erred in law while delivering his judgement; a three-man panel of justices at the Benin Division of the Court of Appeal on May 15, 2014, ruled that the ex-governor has a case to answer, making the coast clear for the EFCC to further prosecute Ibori upon his return to Nigeria.

However, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that Ibori still belong to its fold because he did not at anytime leave the party. The PDP National Publicity Secretary, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, said; “Ibori has never left the party, so the question of re-admittance does not arise. He is still a leader of the party, and I am aware of the fact that our members in Delta State are very happy with him.

They don’t have problem with him at all”. Nwaoboshi in the fiveminute video alluded to the fact that Ibori made him a senator, made his daughter a member of the state House of Assembly, anointed governors and even supported the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, to get to their exalted seats while in prison.

The senator also called the attention of Ibori to the fact that he had been betrayed by some of those he helped while in office, a statement to which Ibori replied: “I am the father of all; the good, the bad and the ugly”.

Narrating how he was almost stopped by security agents from making the trip to the United Kingdom, Nwaoboshi said nobody could stop him from flying to London to felicitate with the man he called, “my boss and my leader”. “I want to welcome all of you here, my names are distinguished Senator Peter Nwaoboshi.

I left Nigeria yesterday because of my boss. James Ibori is my boss, my brother and somebody I so much loved. “We all came here because of Ibori. There are so many people who had been governors and as soon as they left office, nobody remember them again.

“There are many people who had this problem and nobody will come, but James is a good man, he is a jolly good fellow. The man that makes everybody and nobody made him. “Many people had been governors but they did not have opportunity of installing their successors.

There may never be a governor in Nigeria again, who will sit in the cell or in the prison, and make a governor from there.“There may never be a governor again, in the history of the country, who will sit in the cell and make a senator. “There will never be a governor in the country again who will sit in the cell and support a senate president.

There may never be a governor in the country again who will sit in the cell and make a speaker of the House. “There will never be a governor in the country again who will sit in the cell and make the daughter a member of the House of Assembly.

“When I was at the airport, a security agent came to me and said, ‘I know you are travelling because of Ibori’ and I replied; ‘yes, I am going because of James Ibori and there is nothing you can do to stop me, I have the authority to travel, you cannot stop me.

If you want trouble, we will give you trouble’. “But I know those he signed a lot of things for that had forgotten him today. History will judge everybody”.

Ibori was released from prison on Wednesday confirming a story earlier reported by Saturday Telegraph, in which this newspaper noted that Ibori would be released on December 20.

The ex-con is to remain in the UK until his deportation to Nigeria is fully processed as he is now restricted to his London apartment and also required to report weekly to the police.

But Dogara yesterday reacted, saying, though there is a possibility that Ibori, could be his silent supporter, he had no personal relationship with the ex-convict and that he was duly elected by members of the lower legislative chamber, not by Ibori “Our attention has been drawn to statement credited to Nwabaoshi. We have watched the video clip and noticed that there is nowhere the distinguish senator mentioned Dogara by name.

“For the records, we want to state that the Speaker was elected by the votes of members of the House of Representatives. There may well be silent supporters and well-wishers of the honourable speaker from far and near some of whom he may not be aware of.

“Dogara does not have a relationship, political or otherwise with Ibori to warrant the insinuations in the statement credited to Nwabaoshi, and had never had one.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/ibori-choice-2019/

1 Share

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by HungerBAD: 4:36am On Dec 24, 2016
James Onanefe Ibori,

Things have changed. Things have really changed since you were gone on vacation,at the UK equivalent of the Gulag Achipelago.

In the scheme of things in Nigeria now,you are what is referred to as a local champion. As your influence does not go beyond the Urhobo axis of Delta,and that makes you very irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

Let us not forget our Constitution is clear about EX Convicts. A very intelligent writer below me,pointed to the fact that Buhari too was locked up,and to him I say,there is a difference between a Court of law,and a military tribunal.

James Onanefe Ibori. The truth of the matter is,save your money and live a very quiet life,as an attempt to get back into Politics again will see you face part 2 of Jail term in Nigeria.

There is no more money to loot,like it was in your Era. And honestly we in the APC Do not want a convicted criminal,to give our party a bad name.

James Ibori,you can join the ranks of your friends in the PDP like Omisore the accused Murderer of Bola Ige,or Kashamu that the Interpol is looking for to grab as a drug runner.

James when you reach Naija,chop Owoh soup and starch and then begin watch TV until your old age.

157 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by ZUBY77(m): 4:39am On Dec 24, 2016
Animals roaming the godforsaken black land

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by sarrki(m): 4:40am On Dec 24, 2016
Lol

Is he contesting for the longest serving e in jail ?

4 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 4:42am On Dec 24, 2016
Ibori will become a reconcilable threats to APC in 2019.

13 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Atiku2019: 4:44am On Dec 24, 2016
King Ibori grin grin Funny Country grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by sarrki(m): 4:52am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Do you think Nigeria is that bahd?

Have a rethink if you believe in such

Ibori is an ex convict.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:57am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

Ibori is an ex convict.

That means Buhari & Obasanjo are Ex-Clergy men I guess??

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by sarrki(m): 5:01am On Dec 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

My president is a man of integrity

Baba obasanjo is an elder statesman

I am a patriot

God bless Muhammadu Buhari

God bless Nigeria

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 5:03am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

He is an ex convict, his opponent will ise d media to tear him into pieces.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:05am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

Ibori is an ex convict.

Ibori has the features of a rugged politician to compete with distinct features.

When your people are behind you. You will do wonders.

OBJ, PMB and the Biblical Joseph are Ex convict in their days.

With Ibori There will be a single voice in that region.
The likes of Oshiomhole you go and sit down now.

He is the godfather of the boyz in the creeks

The likes of
Amechi
Wike
Oshiomhole

Go still bow

13 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:06am On Dec 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

I wonder oooooooooo.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:06am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

I am a patriot
God bless Nigeria
Stop over-speeding like Dangote truck looking for things to crush. Is Buhari an ex-convict or not??

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Goziehits(m): 5:08am On Dec 24, 2016
grin
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by IVORY2009(m): 5:10am On Dec 24, 2016
is okay ooo, we are watching!
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:11am On Dec 24, 2016
yemaldo:

Ex convict or not

Ibori is 101% Better than PMB and OBJ combined.

He was always against injustices during OBJ tenure that why OBJ decided to punished him through EFCC.

Forget Conviction or not Who is not corruption.

Is Buhari a saint?

Is OBJ a saint

21 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by JonSnow(m): 5:13am On Dec 24, 2016
Boss cool (but still a crook anyway)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:14am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

I am a patriot
God bless Nigeria

Yes OBJ is an Elder statesman. He came from prison to palace.

Your Mentor BUHARI too. Has tasted prison

16 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:18am On Dec 24, 2016
yemaldo:

Forget Media

When The People Stands Behind you forget media

4 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by sarrki(m): 5:20am On Dec 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Stop over-speeding like Dangote truck looking for things to crush. Is Buhari an ex-convict or not??

Ibori served jail terms for corruption

Buhari and obasanjo were convicted by the military

On coup related stuff.

They are not criminals

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by sarrki(m): 5:22am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Forget Media

When The People Stands Behind you forget media

Same people that stood behind oga Jonah ?

He lost woefully don't be deceive nothing for criminal

Minded people and their followers anymore

8 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:29am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

Same people that stood behind oga Jonah ?

He lost woefully don't be deceive nothing for criminal

Minded people and their followers anymore

Is your MENTOR BUHARI a saint?

I participate in politics based on Interest and not political party.

The Orientations of the Niger Deltas is different one.

Ibori fight their right for them.
Do you believe that Okowa was anointed by Ibori despite being in prison? Ibori aside being a Governor He is a leader.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by sarrki(m): 5:36am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Is your MENTOR BUHARI a saint?

I participate in politics based on Interest and not political party.

The Orientations of the Niger Deltas is different one.

Ibori fight their right for them.
Do you believe that Okowa was anointed by Ibori despite being in prison? Ibori aside being a Governor He is a leader.

Never doubted is leadership in the region

We have moved past the Era of criminals dictating to us

Ibori was the Defacto vice president during yar adua

Not again.

Affliction shall not rise for the second time

13 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by wunmi590(m): 5:40am On Dec 24, 2016
Am not against him to contest in 2019, but I think at this time he needs to sit down, strategise, recompose and restructure his political life.

Though he was once a political gladiator, but the politics of Nigeria today has changed, considering the amount of years he has used outside the shore of the country.

Additionally, he has being reading news about Nigerian politics, but his physical presence have been absent all this while.

Lastly, yes he can contest in 2019, after all, the likes of OBJ was once an ex-convict before becoming the president.

4 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by sarrki(m): 5:45am On Dec 24, 2016
wunmi590:
Am not against him to contest in 2019, but I think at this time he needs to sit down, strategise, recompose and restructure his political life.

Though he was once a political gladiator, but the politics of Nigeria today has changed, considering the amount of years he has used outside the shore of the country.

Additionally, he has being reading news about Nigerian politics, but his physical presence have been absent all this while.

Lastly, yes he can contest in 2019, after all, the likes of OBJ was once an ex-convict before becoming the president.

Baba obasanjo & my president were tried by military

tribunal not a competent court of law .

Ibori remains Ex convict.

Nothing for him here

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by AlPeter: 5:49am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Ibori has the features of a rugged politician to compete with distinct features.

When your people are behind you. You will do wonders.

OBJ, PMB and the Biblical Joseph are Ex convict in their days.

With Ibori There will be a single voice in that region.
The likes of Oshiomhole you go and sit down now.

He is the godfather of the boyz in the creeks

The likes of
Amechi
Wike
Oshiomhole

Go still bow
are you this shameless? Imagine supporting a criminal.

18 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by wunmi590(m): 5:53am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

Baba obasanjo & my president were tried by military

tribunal not a competent court of law .

Ibori remains Ex convict.

Nothing for him here

You seems to be right, but no matter what, ex-convict thoes not have a rebrand, they are all ex-convict grin
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 5:54am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

Never doubted is leadership in the region

We have moved past the Era of criminals dictating to us

Ibori was the Defacto vice president during yar adua

Not again.

Affliction shall not rise for the second time

You can be very funny.

When You are destined, It takes anything to accomplished it.
He took David to Wilderness, He brought him to palace
He took Joseph to Wilderness, He restored him to his destiny.

James Onanefe Ibori, If God still needs him you cannot stop him.

The little achievement recorded by The Late Umaru Musa Yar' adua in the region, Was as a result of the roles played by the likes of Ibori.

God never gave cowards as leaders to Israelites. He gave them rugged men. Niger Delta needs rugged leadership.

Is Amechi not rugged?
Is Clarke not rugged.

If the oil regions should had belongs to the Northern part of Nigeria!!! All these you are saying in just an idea.

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Mynd44: 5:58am On Dec 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
President Buhari and Former President Obasanjo are not ex-convicts. No judge ever found then guilty of any crime.

Ibori was found guilty before a competent judge and was handed out time behind bars.

Please note the difference

24 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by AlPeter: 6:01am On Dec 24, 2016
Nigeria deserves the type of leader we have imagine people support a criminal convicted by another country to contest for leadership and we expect the country to be better. What irony? The guy that should be afraid of coming back even the idiot supporting him would'v be facing serious issues by now

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by sarrki(m): 6:01am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

You can be very funny.

When You are destined, It takes anything to accomplished it.
He took David to Wilderness, He brought him to palace
He took Joseph to Wilderness, He restored him to his destiny.

James Onanefe Ibori, If God still needs him you cannot stop him.

The little achievement recorded by The Late Umaru Musa Yar' adua in the region, Was as a result of the roles played by the likes of Ibori.

God never gave cowards as leaders to Israelites. He gave them rugged men. Niger Delta needs rugged leadership.

Is Amechi not rugged?
Is Clarke not rugged.

If the oil regions should had belongs to the Northern part of Nigeria!!! All these you are saying in just an idea.

Do you know it was coz of the power tussle in that

In Niger Delta that he was left alone in the wilderness

Please find out .

3 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 6:04am On Dec 24, 2016
AlPeter:
are you this shameless? Imagine supporting a criminal.

You called him a criminal. Are you a righteous person?

Just because he was exposed and convicted?

Hundreds of men who commits atrocities more than him are celebrated on the streets.
We all know all politicians are thieves.
He was punished because he put OBJ on his toes, because he was on the side of his people than supporting the government.

I am not a member of his family. I am not from his region. But I stand for the just cause.
I offers critical analysis to matter of public importance.

Ken Saro Wiwa and many others were silenced in the region for saying and vouched for the truth

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trader Moni Disbursements Begin In South-East (Photos) / Retired NEPA Official Asks IBEDC To Disconnect House, Laments High Bill / Emefiele Arrives National Assembly, Presently Meeting With Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.