Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,867 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC (34273 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by VULCAN(m): 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2021
The cancel culture is here to stay.

If you say something that even "sounds" like it's not glorifying their chosen perversion, your career must be destroyed.

God bless Dr. Jordan Petersen.

He is the only academic I know who doesn't fear these creatures

1 Like

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by larryking540: 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
This woman has deceived foolish Nigerian female feminist.

While she was encouraging them to pour hot water and do karate on their fathers, husbands and brothers.

She was busy showering her own with love, warmth and care.

Now Cynthia is 28, single, bitter and attends church even on Saturdays.

kiss

I swear man,...I just pity our African girls, mostly 9ja girls

2 Likes

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by larryking540: 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2021
NtiObaEneke:

You must be a teenager if you feel 28 is 'old'.
so 28 isn't old ?
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2021
Political correctness well brewed....

1 Like

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by VULCAN(m): 6:55pm On Jul 26, 2021
Your advice holds no water because anything not glorifying these group of mentally ill people is seen as homophobic.

These gay and trans rights groups are as rigid and intolerant as fundamentalist Islamists.

Once you don't shout I love gay people and my best friend is a transgender than you are a suspect.

God Bless Dr. Jordan Petersen who has been fighting for the rights of normal people for so long now.
YungMillionaire:
The world has changed. Everything you say can and will be used against you in the future.

My advice to African students who come to America: keep your homophobic opinions to yourself. Otherwise, you will find it almost impossible to secure a job in America after graduation.

3 Likes

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by Southeast21: 6:56pm On Jul 26, 2021
These she-males are Confusing my confusion

1 Like

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by TWLifestyle: 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

While she was encouraging them to pour hot water and do karate on their fathers, husbands and brothers.

kiss
why are some men always so bothered with female issues ? Even if Cynthia is 28 and single why should it concern you ? Why are you drinking panadol for Cynthia?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by zicoraads: 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
pocohantas:

I dey pity her sef. You are very correct @clarifying. You go clarify come tire. It would begin to look like you are confused sef, but the truth is, you can’t stand for everything.

She did the right thing. I can only imagine how many times she had to remind them she couldn’t do certain things. Then you get people asking what you had in mind when you decided to model. cheesy

Exactly. And Aden was already modelling for Rihanna and co.

I also pity Adichie sometimes. A friend of mine is currently doing his masters in the US, he's on a scholarship....

...wanted to type, but let me show you it on Wazzap.
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by YungMillionaire: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
VULCAN:
[s]Your advice holds no water because anything not glorifying these group of mentally ill people is seen as homophobic. These gay and trans rights groups are as rigid and intolerant as fundamentalist Islamists. Once you don't shout I love gay people and my best friend is a transgender than you are a suspect. God Bless Dr. Jordan Petersen who has been fighting for the rights of normal people for so long now. [/s]

My advice is for Nigerians who want to succeed in the western world. You don't have to comment if it does not apply to you.

2 Likes

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by Lonelypacifist6: 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2021
TheWolfen:
Yes but basic human privileges. Not all like women sport because trans are cheat and fake..
Real feminine women should dominate their sport.
For every action there should be consequences.

Well they are enjoying the consequences of their actions aren't they?
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by Lonelypacifist6: 7:13pm On Jul 26, 2021
TheWolfen:
Yes but basic human privileges. Not all like women sport because trans are cheat and fake..
Real feminine women should dominate their sport.
For every action there should be consequences.

Well they are enjoying the consequences of their actions aren't they? Don't you think participating in sports is a basic human privilege?
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by LienwaltAbel(m): 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
crackhaus:
The people who have made it their calling to always defend this Chimamanda any time she's in the news for one controversy or the other, they're the ones I feel pity for the most.

Because if there's one thing I've always known about Ms. Adichie, it's that every time she delves outside the scope of her literary work and comments on social issues, politics, religion, etcetera...she usually ends up making a complete joke of herself.

And of course, trust her feminist minions who lack their own objective thought like ants on sugar, to always rush to defend her foolishness only to end up making themselves look like complete idiots in the process.

So suddenly trans-women are not women, yet the same Chimamanda will say feminism is about allowing people make their own choices and about respecting those choices... cheesy
Anyway, e don tay wey I know say this woman has very little to no depth.

The other time it was Hillary Clinton she was attacking for her bio on Twitter. She could not respect Hillary's choice to do that either.. LoL!

Imagine having a role model like Chimamanda whose every word you have to defend and explain for people to understand her better. It can't be easy na.
I pity her followers...
All this off point jargon and yet reading would have saved you this rubbish. Do you support transgenders? No. Did you even know if the topic was about transgenders? No.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by ayesco202(m): 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
Poor use of punctuation marks by writer.
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by LienwaltAbel(m): 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
VULCAN:
Your advice holds no water because anything not glorifying these group of mentally ill people is seen as homophobic.

These gay and trans rights groups are as rigid and intolerant as fundamentalist Islamists.

Once you don't shout I love gay people and my best friend is a transgender than you are a suspect.

God Bless Dr. Jordan Petersen who has been fighting for the rights of normal people for so long now.
Reading and understanding is really a rare talent. He advised people who want to succeed in the West. Why don't you go there with your hard earned visa and shout "I hate gay people"? Make we test something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by illicit(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2021
manikspears:

grin grin grin

What does that makes Amadi?

Amadioha lol

1 Like

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by BigIyanga: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

kiss
Typical Naija... always wired for rumors and fake news
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by Agugbadin: 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2021
Generalwoodz:
Hope these South Africans won't start another round of riot and looting ?

Why
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by atonement12: 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2021
"Transformation values"- Oniranu!
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by SunTzu123(m): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

kiss

Thank you for making me laugh!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
BF69BF:
I think we females brought this upon ourselves. This issue started when female felt their real problems are males. What started in mild form when women took to every available media to vent their frustration as to how they have been mistreated, battered to submission, abused in whatever fling they saw as relationship. It did not take long for far left feminist to blow hot, finding it way into mainstream media. It gave rise to the identity crisis most women are still struggling with today 'the girl power'. I think those that have chaired and spearheaded this feminist ideology should be humble enough to come out and correct this ideology they have sold to our women and Adichie should be at the forefront of it.

lol, are you a male or female lipsrsealed

Males are part of the problem if we are to be fair, the pursuit of equal rights for women also means that every other type of gender deserves equal right & I fully support it, but I fear it at the same time because there is no limit.

More is yet to come, In the next 100 years the gender of babies might be changed at birth.
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by olisaEze(m): 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2021
Just because u dressed up a pig and called it a poodle doesn’t make it a dog. Trans women are just that, transvesites!

You got the female equipment thru surgeries, u wouldn’t need to if u were actually a woman!

Make the South Africa students wen dey rake kuku follow the trans dem getat. They should not forget to also take bobrisky along with dem on their way out! cool

2 Likes

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by rafikii: 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2021
But Adichie is right, trans women are trans women...she never called them men cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by Nyenatetan(m): 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2021
This is what you go through when you know so much but doesn't understand little of it.

There's different between Knowledge and Understanding, For me I see Knowledge as something one can acquire whereas Understanding, is a gift from your creator.

Adichie is fond of making unguided comments, not so long we saw thread about her , apologising for the comments she made about Catholicism sometime ago,

She will continue making rash comments and come back to tender apologies, despite her Level of Education and how renowned she may be, if she doesn't seek for proper UNDERSTANDING.

God get the way Him the run Him universe oo ,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by wingmanIII: 11:24pm On Jul 26, 2021
crackhaus:
The people who have made it their calling to always defend this Chimamanda any time she's in the news for one controversy or the other, they're the ones I feel pity for the most.

Because if there's one thing I've always known about Ms. Adichie, it's that every time she delves outside the scope of her literary work and comments on social issues, politics, religion, etcetera...she usually ends up making a complete joke of herself.

And of course, trust her feminist minions who lack their own objective thought like ants on sugar, to always rush to defend her foolishness only to end up making themselves look like complete idiots in the process.

So suddenly trans-women are not women, yet the same Chimamanda will say feminism is about allowing people make their own choices and about respecting those choices... cheesy
Anyway, e don tay wey I know say this woman has very little to no depth.

The other time it was Hillary Clinton she was attacking for her bio on Twitter. She could not respect Hillary's choice to do that either.. LoL!

Imagine having a role model like Chimamanda whose every word you have to defend and explain for people to understand her better. It can't be easy na.
I pity her followers...

Very senseless post. You made no point

2 Likes

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by UKBobo(m): 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2021
olisaEze:
Just because u dressed up a pig and called it a poodle doesn’t make it a dog. Trans women are just that, transvesites!

You got the female equipment thru surgeries, u wouldn’t need to if u were actually a woman!

Make the South Africa students wen dey rake kuku follow the trans dem getat. They should not forget to also take bobrisky along with dem on their way out! cool

GBAM - SA is just doing the dance their oyibo masters want them to do on trans matter. Want to know the truth, ask the average SA man in Joburg to marry trans-woman - u go see real reaction

1 Like

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by redsun(m): 12:24am On Jul 27, 2021
Most of the toughest creatures in the wild are ruled by dynamic and intelligent females. So why should the so-called intelligent man see female domination as a problem? Who the cap fits, let he/she wear it.

Adichie is an intelligent African woman and she doesn't have to attend that lecture to feel whole. Rational people should have the right to their opinions as long as they are not physically harming others, and shouldn't be compelled by Babylon to believe that black is white or red is yellow.
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by manikspears: 1:03am On Jul 27, 2021
illicit:

Amadioha lol

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by DoctorStylish: 4:32am On Jul 27, 2021
The moment I saw South Africa I knew where the whole story was going .
To be very honest I’ve come across alot of news ,article and real life scenarios I’ve come to the conclusion that south Africans hate other Africans particularly Nigerians. This may come as a surprise these guys are illiterates and then sometimes I don’t really know where the hatred is coming from . I was in college and then SA guys were beefing naija guys because of English they say we’re pompous proud lol
There’s always this hostile attitude from them .Xenophobia na them . Though their girls have tight pussy and big arsenal still alot of them are dumb .
Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by sonofthunder: 5:45am On Jul 27, 2021
BF69BF:
I think we females brought this upon ourselves. This issue started when female felt their real problems are males. What started in mild form when women took to every available media to vent their frustration as to how they have been mistreated, battered to submission, abused in whatever fling they saw as relationship. It did not take long for far left feminist to blow hot, finding it way into mainstream media. It gave rise to the identity crisis most women are still struggling with today 'the girl power'. I think those that have chaired and spearheaded this feminist ideology should be humble enough to come out and correct this ideology they have sold to our women and Adichie should be at the forefront of it.

I agree with your points and fell out of love with Adichie when I discovered her feminist views..... But on the issue of her transphobic comments, it's clear that those South Africans are tripping.

2 Likes

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by sonofthunder: 5:48am On Jul 27, 2021
pocohantas:

Did you even read at all? Gosh!

If she summons you in court to prove the bolded, can you? Some of you just open mouth waaa and comment without reasoning.

To the topic, the problem with being a liberal is where to draw the line. There would be so many crazy ideologies and you just have to keep endorsing them, else you would step on toes.

Actually, when liberal, it should be impossible to have one's toes stepped upon but then, getting offended with an opposing opinion/approach just exposes the hypocrisy of most liberal philosophies.

2 Likes

Re: Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC by MufasaLion: 7:04am On Jul 27, 2021
Righteousness2:
Both Chidinmma Adiche and the SA Institution need an Encounter with JESUS Christ.
They both are Confused..

Clown!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie / The Twelve Fuvk-filled Days Of New Year!!! / What Are The Top 5 Books One Must Read In Their Lifetime And Why?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.