Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,702 members, 7,827,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? (25578 Views)

The 2 Things Holding You Back / Why The Diy Cv Is Holding You Back? / 6 Things You Can Do To Ensure Your Day Is Productive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Not for me. Mine is addiction, not habit.

What are you addicted to. So someone who has overcome can help you with tips and guidelines to do the same.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by DoggoneDogg: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
litigator:

Nah! I am a male grin grin grin grin

Okay.
Dey go
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by FaruqMadridCr7(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
ibechris:
I agree with u on number 5,because I am a product of that part.

I grew 300k i saved during my University and NYSC days to 47million in 9years.

And because friends don't always believe in me,I discarded all of them and I am left with one and my wife who, at least understands me better.
Life continues.
what were you into then sir?
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by UltimateSpice: 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Good writteup
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Abakelawal(f): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
All dis things mentioned is affecting me from 1-6 is my major problem
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Bekermann(m): 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
GeneralPula:
7.. Procrastination

God bless you for this addition. My biggest undoing looking at myself.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Zona123(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
This is wisdom, and thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by rukz: 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
litigator:

Observe the pattern and the exact time your craving is at its peak. Once you observe the pattern you will be able to flee. You can't fight it. You just have to flee.
nice thread bro....pls how do one discover his passion in life?
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Ashiru97(m): 2:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
G
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by HottieCoach(f): 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
oluseyiforjesus:
I disagree with you OP
Personal growth is broad for u to HV mentioned dos few points up there
Your own personal growth could be different from mine.
I come in peace o

Let us know what you think is Missing.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Okay.
Dey go

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
rukz:
nice thread bro....pls how do one discover his passion in life?

What do you like to do for free? Find it, improve on it and learn to monetize it. Someone said earlier on the front page that he has a passion for travelling or so.

So that person has found his passion and he is now trying to monetize it by either working for an employer in that sector or create a job for himself by being self-employed.

If he is serious enough and has grace in his side, he will have his own company and become an employer of labour too.

That is how it works.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bekermann:

God bless you for this addition. My biggest undoing looking at myself.

The way fastest way to beat procrastination is by just showing up every day, and improving by at least 1% other days.

In a month, you will see a 30% improvement. Then compound your improvement %. You will be shocked at how fast you will achieve 70-300% improvement in a month.

The key is to get a to-do list. List all you wish to do that month, show up, do 1% on the first day and improve by 1% or more every other day. It's that simple.

It's called the gym effect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by jaxxy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
U said most of it if not All. Nice and meaningful thread.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by jaxxy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
GeneralPula:
7.. Procrastination

This is a major.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
GeneralPula:
7.. Procrastination
is the key to delayed sucess.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by RPG2020(m): 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
Thank you �
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Frales6(f): 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Only no. 5 is my major challenge
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by bennytrips27(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
3. Fear:
You are afraid of judgment or failure in your new
This is me,still working and trying to outgrow it.so help me God.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Musiccover: 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

What are you addicted to. So someone who has overcome can help you with tips and guidelines to do the same.

Masturbation ruining my life cry

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by touchLife: 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
litigator:
Psychology says that six major things can hold from human beings from personal growth. Which is your poison?

1. Relationship:
Your current relationship circle does not understand or support your growth.

2. Trauma:
You are unable to grow because your past trauma is blocking you. And are, therefore, stuck in a merry go round.

3. Fear:
You are afraid of judgment or failure in your new direction.

4. Patterns:
These are your daily habits, the way you act around people, especially your friends. Your daily patterns and your habits are what sums up your life. What you do every day becomes your yearly habit and if the pattern is not broken, one won't make much progress in life. We become what the choices we make and what we do every day.

5. Resources and Resourcefulness:
You have a lack of necessary resources to make a change. While lack of resources could be a challenge, lack of resourcefulness is way worse. Give a resourceful man 500k, and he will build a business worth 5 million in 5 years. Give an unresourceful man 5million, and he will be lucky to have a business worth 500k in 5 years.

6. Beliefs:
" As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is"

You can't grow more than your belief system, and you cannot become what you do not believe in.

Pre-existing beliefs are preventing you from taking action. It's better than making a decision and failing, than regretting the decision you never took. But ensure you do diligent research and count the cost.

Shalom.

nice one OP, my major challenge is that i easily get overwhelmed and find it difficult to stay focus on set goals. i wish to have a mentor or an instrument that will help me focus, monitor, measure and evaluate my level of progress on desired goals. i'd also love to be part of a team where vulnerabilities can be freely discussed and help one another find their life paths. any advice, suggestions or recommendation will be greatly appreciated.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
touchLife:

nice one OP, my major challenge is that i easily get overwhelmed and find it difficult to stay focus on set goals. i wish to have a mentor or an instrument that will help me focus, monitor, measure and evaluate my level of progress on desired goals. i'd also love to be part of a team where vulnerabilities can be freely discussed and help one another find their life paths. any advice, suggestions or recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

I think I should set up a close group like the ask the litigator group.

Pay close attention. It will be announced soon.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Gfskw: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
Really
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by touchLife: 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
litigator:

I think I should set up a close group like the ask the litigator group.

Pay close attention. It will be announced soon.
That will come in handy, I shall keep a close tab. thanks a lot.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Odide009: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
litigator:

Observe the pattern and the exact time your craving is at its peak. Once you observe the pattern you will be able to flee. You can't fight it. You just have to flee.

I have same problem. How do you mean run, not fight?.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
alizma:

Add money. When there is money in your account, it boost your self esteem and this will influence your decision positively

Money comes from inside you.

Everybody was born naked without money. Obi, Emoney, you, me.

Money shouldn't be in the list.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Fortez: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
Really
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Vince77(m): 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2021
Numbers 2 & 3 are my nightmares
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by AgricMaster: 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2021
litigator:
Psychology says that six major things can hold from human beings from personal growth. Which is your poison?

1. Relationship:
Your current relationship circle does not understand or support your growth.

2. Trauma:
You are unable to grow because your past trauma is blocking you. And are, therefore, stuck in a merry go round.

3. Fear:
You are afraid of judgment or failure in your new direction.

4. Patterns:
These are your daily habits, the way you act around people, especially your friends. Your daily patterns and your habits are what sums up your life. What you do every day becomes your yearly habit and if the pattern is not broken, one won't make much progress in life. We become what the choices we make and what we do every day.

5. Resources and Resourcefulness:
You have a lack of necessary resources to make a change. While lack of resources could be a challenge, lack of resourcefulness is way worse. Give a resourceful man 500k, and he will build a business worth 5 million in 5 years. Give an unresourceful man 5million, and he will be lucky to have a business worth 500k in 5 years.

6. Beliefs:
" As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is"

You can't grow more than your belief system, and you cannot become what you do not believe in.

Pre-existing beliefs are preventing you from taking action. It's better than making a decision and failing, than regretting the decision you never took. But ensure you do diligent research and count the cost.

Shalom.

Sequel to the above
Why are you broke?
is it lack of Knowledge
is it lack of Guidance
is it lack of Resources
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
Addictions and Habits nko ?

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by iretemide(f): 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
okeyumez:
True but God blesses whoever He pleases irrespective of family and educational background, ethnicity, religion or location.
The race is not to the Swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill, but Time and chance happeneth to them all. Ecc 9.11
To me personal growth is different from blessings, the story of ants in the Bible is very valid for successful personal growth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Electricity Worker Electrocuted Today In Kano (Photos) / Lacasera Company Workers Protest Over The Sacking Of 700 Workers / Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.