Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? (4046 Views)

Inflation In Car Prices - Then Vs Now - 2million Vs 15million To Buy A Yaris / Peter Obi Stole And Kept 15million Dollars In Offshore - Simon Ekpa / Ukrainian Man 'on Stroll In Forest' Finds And Claims £15million Russian Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:14am On Jul 28, 2021
sad
DuwaRepublic:
[[s]quote author=Nisiw365 post=104171406]
From ijaw edited wiki.

For example eguns are in Ogun and Lagos states but they have their own kings, land , settlements which everyone in Lagos and Ogun states know of.
So I'm asking you again, where are the indigenous I jaws in Lagos state, what's the name of their king/chief, what's the name of their settlement called, where is their land so I can buy land there in Lagos state

If you can't give me answers to these, then you are a typical slow low IQ I jaw slave [/s]
Lol werey has no answer

If you want much population as yorubas, then start speaking your langauge everywhere you go whether the hosts like it or not so with time you can be like Yoruba's as well
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Nisiw365:
sad
Lol werey has no answer

If you want much population as yorubas, then start speaking your langauge everywhere you go whether the hosts like it or not so with time you can be like Yoruba's as well
[/s]
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
[s][/s]
Oloribu omo in sifia pains
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
[s][/s]
Oloribu omo in sifia pains.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Nisiw365:

Oloribu omo in sifia pains
[/s]
grin
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:20am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
[s][/s]
grin
olofo didan is pained
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Nisiw365:

olofo didan is pained
[/s]

I see you’re still suffering, don’t worry I get your time today.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
[s][/s]

I see you’re still suffering, don’t worry I get your time today.
Olofo is pained
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 28, 2021
Nisiw365:

Olofo is pained
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2021
[quote author=DuwaRepublic post=104171984][/quote]
Olori efolo is pained
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Nisiw365:

Olofo is pained
[/s]

Igbo boy, speak more yoruba. I want to see something grin
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:31am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
[s][/s]

Igbo boy, speak more yoruba. I want to see something grin
Arindin who is Igbo boy?
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Nisiw365:

Arindin who is Igbo boy?
[/s]

speak more yoruba jor, I wan see sumtin’ flat headed idiot grin you go die for Ijaw matter, watch.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 8:58am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
[s][/s]

speak more yoruba jor, I wan see sumtin’ flat headed idiot grin you go die for Ijaw matter, watch.
Lunatic in pains
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Nisiw365:

Lunatic in pains
[/s]

Describe yourself some more jare, keep going grin
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 9:02am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
[s][/s]

Describe yourself some more jare, keep going grin
Omo ale in pains
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Nisiw365:

Omo ale in pains
[/s]

Okoro, you try small but you have much to learn. E be like say u just land for Lagos, don’t worry your yoruba will be fluent in no time, keep trying. grin
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Nisiw365: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
[s][/s]

Okoro, you try small but you have much to learn. E be like say u just land for Lagos, don’t worry your yoruba will be fluent in no time, keep trying. grin
Incoherent werey
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Kondomatic(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2021
richmond500:
that is the essence of Youth service corps,
No be everybody go school chief and I don't see how spending a few months in one community will broaden my perspective as regards my question.
richmond500:

u should travel around and see that there is diversity in culture.
I travel a lot chief. I have been to at least twenty states in Nigeria and I spent some time in some of them so I know a little about some Nigeria cultures and tribes.
richmond500:

Ijaw is actually a tribe but there is also a language called the ijaw language which is not spoken by everyone in the tribe.
Ijaw is a tribe, I know this. I visit Bayelsa on a regular and since Ijaw is a tribe and also a language then anyone who doesn't speak this language or at least a variation of this language is not Ijaw.

This is what I believe and that's why I asked you to enlighten me.
richmond500:

The truth is if we listen keenly to each other, we do understand ourselves even though we speak different languages, a Kalabari man can speak Kalabari to a bille man, they will speak their individual languages but still able to understand themselves,
There's an Igala family here, I visit them often and I speak Igbo to them and they understand and I understand some of their own. Matter of fact we have a lot in common, even same name for some food et all but I am Igbo they're Igala.
richmond500:

but if someone who isn't from Kalabari but stays in Kalabari for 3-5yrs and learn the language, he won't be able to communicate with a bille man the way a real Kalabari will communicate with a bille man, I don't know how to explain it, but that is the beauty of Nigeria and its diversity, we are just destroying it with politics
I understand you sir but here's my confusion.

A tribe usually share the same ancestry(one way or the other) and they have a unifying language. This is their central language. This language may have variations, usually due to intermarriage in the olden days and living close to boundaries but they have the same alphabet and meaning. The difference most times is in the pronunciation.

For instance, an Nsukka man speaks Igbo alright but it's not the same Igbo that Anambra man speaks. If these two meet, they will speak the unifying language(central Igbo) so that they will understand each other.

The main thing here is that their individual language is still Igbo even though they don't sound alike. I believe this is obtainable in Yoruba.

I live in the North and there are some small groups that their language isn't Hausa and they will tell you point black that they're not Hausas even though Hausas understand their language when they speak it and they understand Hausa.

Have you seen my confusion? The languages you listed as Ijaw languages doesn't sound like a variation of the original Ijaw language.

They sound like the language of minor tribes around and within Ijaw.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by HornyTave: 10:03am On Jul 28, 2021
richmond500:
Oh, I never knew there isn't a single ijaw in other states except Ondo, not even Lagos or Ibadan,
I am sorry for assuming, though I know a an ijaw in Ogun state, but u can assume I am lying and there isn't any grin grin

You're not making sense. there are ijaes everywhere but not ijaw community everywhere. get the point
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by horsepower102: 11:20am On Jul 28, 2021
I think anyone with a brain who reads through this thread can easily figure out who is lying and who is saying the truth. Anyway, the truth will be undeniable in the future.

2 Likes

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by RobbStark(m): 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
richmond500:
haters will hate, potatoes will potate.

Kalabari is ijaw, Google is ur friend

Just imagine Ibo man telling the kalabari man that he isn't Ijaw.
Wonders shall never end.
This must be the tenth wonder of the world.

These ipob miscreants matter don tire person abeg
Pls ignore him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accord Party Asks Ekiti Residents To Reject APC, PDP Over Lack Of Infrastructure / 'My Dad Was Terribly Sick' - Tinubu's Daughter Admits / Ibb Calls For Decentralisation Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.