Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

How I Became An Atheist. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Became An Atheist. (8278 Views)

Why I Became An Atheist / Shiloh: I Became A Minister After Bishop Oyedepo Prayed For Me - Betta Edu / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Ynix(m): 5:35am On Aug 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Religion is not helping our economy.

This evening I told a religious dude that insincere corrupt crooked politicians also pray

He replied saying God doesn't answer them
That the rich also cry(perhaps Saraki is less comfortable than people in the slums making him less cheerful � )
That I deserve to be negatively affected by the excesses of the people in government (all tiers and arms) because I never voted or contested for any public post
That I am not suffering from the economic regress as a result of a caring God's inexistence or that it has nothing to do with a caring God's inexistence

Imagine such nonsense!!!

He expects me not to complain about nonsense because there's nothing I can do about nonsense after saying God is aware of nonsense and permits nonsense despite the uselessness of nonsense!!!!!!!

What on Earth is the meaning of this nonsense in which those that refuse to be accountable and responsible for their own nonsense accuse others of being irresponsible towards what they never caused for themselves or what they couldn't avoid amidst such nonsense

The guy is right, you don't blame God for your room when it is dirty, God have given all men will power to choose what they want, even if it takes not choosing him and he won't judge you for that until you come to his own domain. The Holy Scriptures says the heavens is the Lord's but the earth has he given to the sons of men. How bad our nation is, is not the fault of the devil or God himself but Nigerians and related script players in the whole scenes.
It seems you have not taken your time to study the Holy Bible, it will really help you do so and help you understand things better.
The challenge in life is that for most of us we criticize what we don't understand
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by HardMirror(m): 7:14am On Aug 06, 2021
Ynix:

If being born again is by christian knowledge then most professors of theology and divinity would have been frontiers of the advancement of the message of Christ but sincerely it is not.
The average apostle of Christ like Peter, John, James among others were not schooled. Moreover there were no mass production of books then.
Being in Christ that is being born again is far beyond being a bible reader, it takes a spiritual and supernatural work of God by his Holy Spirit to get that done. Have you not read as it is written, the letter kills but the spirit gives life.
Being born again is not by being knowledgeable about the Holy Scriptures else Nicodemus would have been comprehend the message of Christ to him.
See, it is good to read the Holy Bible, but it is better to be taught by those whom God have helped to be strong by reason of their experiences in life and conducts concerning the Christian life. True it is that the Holy Spirit is our teacher, but there are things we will read and will not understand except we have teachers to teach us else we get confused.
The Holy Spirit is our teacher, but the apostles including Paul kept writing letters to those saved by them for their learning and growing in the knowledge of Christ.
Reading books that gets one confused is like telling a 4 years old boy to go get the KEY OF AN SUV and drive from Lagos to Ibadan, or for a child that have not gained understanding of addition and multiplication to begin studying calculus, geometry, iteration priciples of Laplace, Randoff and Rungi kutta.
There are books that one will read with not only get one confused but also get one destroyed.
A good example is Abdul mutallab the son of the former Chairman of First Bank Nigeria, he went about seeking for Islamic knowledge and ended becoming a fanatic.

God's goal is not fanaticism, his goal is peace joy and stability. It is eccentric knowledge that creates disorder that makes people get confused causing all the problem we have.
Apostle Paul told Timothy in his letter to warn the churches he is lording to be careful of unnecessary genealogies such that create strifes and chaos.
For example what is importance of me trying to know if my grandfather is related to me when my father is there and there are dominant traits visibly evident that I am from that line of generation.
It confuses me that some people said man came out from monkeys, it is absurd and on the premise of unfounded facts just hypothesis they conclude that there is no God.
Knowledge kills and knowledge heals, it is up to us to go for that will heals and not that which heals.
I will end by saying in the beginning was the WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD... IN HIM IS LIFE AND THE LIFE IS THE LIGHT OF MEN. SELAH
you dont just get it cos you want to deceive yourself that your religion is special. tell me if the bible is not the well from which knowledge of your religion is drawn. you are just using many words to beat around the bush trying to make it seem there is more to the religion than what the bible teaches. In fact if you have any beliefs that are not backed by the bible then you would say that belief is not scriptural hence not of god.
as i said before, many people have become "born again" by just opening a bible and reading, THIS IS A FACT. hence why the Gideon Foundation spends so much money in placing bibles in hotels, airports and distributing free bibles to schools, because they are getting testimonies. the other holy spirit mumbo jumbo you are vigorously promoting is irrelevant to my argument, because i know the bible is the very center of the christian faith and not the holy spirit. you wont even believe in the holy spirit if the bible did not ask you too. so this is another piece of trash you just wrote, totally off the point and just a dance of a headless chicken.
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Ynix(m): 7:32am On Aug 06, 2021
HardMirror:
you dont just get it cos you want to deceive yourself that your religion is special. tell me if the bible is not the well from which knowledge of your religion is drawn. you are just using many words to beat around the bush trying to make it seem there is more to the religion than what the bible teaches. In fact if you have any beliefs that are not backed by the bible then you would say that belief is not scriptural hence not of god.
as i said before, many people have become "born again" by just opening a bible and reading, THIS IS A FACT. hence why the Gideon Foundation spends so much money in placing bibles in hotels, airports and distributing free bibles to schools, because they are getting testimonies. the other holy spirit mumbo jumbo you are vigorously promoting is irrelevant to my argument, because i know the bible is the very center of the christian faith and not the holy spirit. you wont even believe in the holy spirit if the bible did not ask you too. so this is another piece of trash you just wrote, totally off the point and just a dance of a headless chicken.
I have read books and books, I have questioned if God actually exists, If I go into the lane of secularism you might say this guy is a free thinker, but I have by reason of experience discovered that God does not only exists but is and will continue to be. I have also discovered that whether you believe it or not there is life after death and that believing in the Salvation from God by Christ Jesus is the only way to him and being in right standing with him.
My experiences are beyond books and religion, I am not even the churchy type. But I assure you that life is beyond knowing, because even the knowledgeable become foolish often. There is more to life than science.
I say again Jesus is the way the truth and life
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 06, 2021
Ynix:

The guy is right, you don't blame God for your room when it is dirty, God have given all men will power to choose what they want, even if it takes not choosing him and he won't judge you for that until you come to his own domain. The Holy Scriptures says the heavens is the Lord's but the earth has he given to the sons of men. How bad our nation is, is not the fault of the devil or God himself but Nigerians and related script players in the whole scenes.
It seems you have not taken your time to study the Holy Bible, it will really help you do so and help you understand things better.
The challenge in life is that for most of us we criticize what we don't understand

You are the one that doesn't understand.

I am not blaming God since I don't think God exists.

I only mentioned God because he can't do anything about it despite the attention he gets from billions across the world.

This idea of blaming ALL Nigerians is pure nonsense.
It is nothing but the effect of a mental disaster

You know you are doing what is wrong but you try to defend it by saying nobody was able to stop you from doing it!!!!!

So, that makes it right in your mind.

Therefore you accuse people irresponsibly of being irresponsible like budaatum who has confessed to being untrustworthy , hypocritical and prone to wasting space and time for no reason.

The economy is doomed when people intentionally divert ,turn the truth upside down and make it look like they deserve peace when they don't!!!!!

INEC is one of the worst organizations on Earth!!!!

I know politics is a game of killers across the world but the elections show Nigeria has some of the worst players in the world!!!!!

No response from budaatum can change anything because all that comes from the mouth of such persons is useless!!!!

Either stupid questions or pointless accusations or needless thoughts!!!

Spits.....
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 06, 2021
HardMirror:

Someone once told me some people have fake faith.
Imagine!!!!!
Another one said the Devil takes faith away from some people!!!!

What else?
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 06, 2021
CharisEleos:

God exists. Whether you believe it or not doesn't change that fact.

Have you ever thought of how and where the oxygen you breath comes from?

Have you thought of how your brain and other organs of your body were formed and wired to work and function the way they do?

You think your sleeping and waking up is by some scientific order? Think again.

God exists like the very air you breath.

My sleeping and waking shows disorder.

The poisoned air occurs as a result of the random movement of ageless indivisible objects which form patterns/structures as they move anyhow for no reason.

Life is absurd.

The truth is more than madness.

Hallelujah to nobody.
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

My sleeping and waking shows disorder.

The poisoned air occurs as a result of the random movement of ageless indivisible objects which form patterns/structures as they move anyhow for no reason.

Life is absurd.

The truth is more than madness.

Hallelujah to nobody.

You see? You don't even sound convincing to yourself.

When will you lots learn to accept the things that are beyond you and your human reasoning and just believe.

Mind you, whether you shout alleluya to him or not doesn't reduce or stop him from existing. I mean.... The Host of heaven including the 24 elders are shouting hallelujah to him unend. So what makes you think yours will matter?

Stop being a rebel. Hod cares about you even I'm that tough situation you're in. It doesn't matter what you're passing through. He knows. If only you'll acknowledge and turn to him today.

Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Ynix(m): 8:58am On Aug 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

You are the one that doesn't understand.

I am not blaming God since I don't think God exists.

I only mentioned God because he can't do anything about it despite the attention he gets from billions across the world.

This idea of blaming ALL Nigerians is pure nonsense.
It is nothing but the effect of a mental disaster

You know you are doing what is wrong but you try to defend it by saying nobody was able to stop you from doing it!!!!!

So, that makes it right in your mind.

Therefore you accuse people irresponsibly of being irresponsible like budaatum who has confessed to being untrustworthy , hypocritical and prone to wasting space and time for no reason.

The economy is doomed when people intentionally divert ,turn the truth upside down and make it look like they deserve peace when they don't!!!!!

INEC is one of the worst organizations on Earth!!!!

I know politics is a game of killers across the world but the elections show Nigeria has some of the worst players in the world!!!!!

No response from budaatum can change anything because all that comes from the mouth of such persons is useless!!!!

Either stupid questions or pointless accusations or needless thoughts!!!

Spits.....
I get your point, it is obvious we are saying the same thing
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Image123(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2021
HardMirror:
na so. that's how you keep hopping from one excuse to another. as if people do not actually breakdown and become born again after reading the bible. as if you have any other authority that educates you on what you should belief. i guess Punch Newspaper must be your source of your christian knowledge.

What's wrong with the efficacy of the Bible?
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 06, 2021
CharisEleos:

You see? You don't even sound convincing to yourself.

When will you lots learn to accept the things that are beyond you and your human reasoning and just believe.

Mind you, whether you shout alleluya to him or not doesn't reduce or stop him from existing. I mean.... The Host of heaven including the 24 elders are shouting hallelujah to him unend. So what makes you think yours will matter?

Stop being a rebel. Hod cares about you even I'm that tough situation you're in. It doesn't matter what you're passing through. He knows. If only you'll acknowledge and turn to him today.

Jesus loves you.

Nothing is beyond my reasoning!!!!

I don't need you to make me feel loved by someone that never shows he exists let alone cares!!!!
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
Image123:

What's wrong with the efficacy of the Bible?

Everything is wrong with it as well as the Quran and many other books like that!!!!
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Image123(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Everything is wrong with it as well as the Quran and many other books like that!!!!

Like mention seven things wrong with the efficacy of the Bible?
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
Image123:

Like mention seven things wrong with the efficacy of the Bible?

It says there is a limit to what exists.

It says there is a being that created what exists.

It says the being is good.

It says the being made rules.

It say the being has servants.

It says the being is always right.

It says the being can see.
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Image123(m): 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

It says there is a limit to what exists.

It says there is a being that created what exists.

It says the being is good.

It says the being made rules.

It say the being has servants.

It says the being is always right.

It says the being can see.

i didn't ask for your feelings or grouse with the Bible. i asked you and mirror mirror what is wrong with the efficacy or efficiency of the Bible as a book. As in why would any sane person have a problem with someone else using or quoting the Bible in the religion section?
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
Image123:

i didn't ask for your feelings or grouse with the Bible. i asked you and mirror mirror what is wrong with the efficacy or efficiency of the Bible as a book. As in why would any sane person have a problem with someone else using or quoting the Bible in the religion section?

The issue is that we don't think it makes sense.

Period.
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Image123(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

The issue is that we don't think it makes sense.

Period.

Why, why doesn't it make sense to be used and quoted in context? What should be quoted instead?
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2021
Image123:

Why, why doesn't it make sense to be used and quoted in context? What should be quoted instead?

Honestly, I don't think there's a solution to this catastrophic exchange of messages.

All humans can't think the same way concerning every issue.

It will remain so till humans go extinct.
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by budaatum: 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ynix:

I get your point, it is obvious we are saying the same thing
You are saying the same thing about buda?

You must know buda well then, right?
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Image123(m): 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Honestly, I don't think there's a solution to this catastrophic exchange of messages.

All humans can't think the same way concerning every issue.

It will remain so till humans go extinct.

Did you forget this before going on the spree or you just remembered? Your mirror friend has a grouse with people becoming born again after reading the bible. Or the Bible being an educating authority. i asked why not, and you jumped in only to realize humans can't think the same way. Congrats.
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by budaatum: 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
HardMirror:
you dont just get it cos you want to deceive yourself that your religion is special.

I ask again, Hard, what is religion?
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Image123:

Did you forget this before going on the spree or you just remembered? Your mirror friend has a grouse with people becoming born again after reading the bible. Or the Bible being an educating authority. i asked why not, and you jumped in only to realize humans can't think the same way. Congrats.

Honestly I'm not in the mood towards arguing for long periods.

E don tire me

Life doesn't favor me

Life happens anyhow

You only get favored by chance
Re: How I Became An Atheist. by bluefilm: 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2021
frank317:

Worst still, the so called Jesus performed lots of magic... Turned water to wine (really?), healed the sick (in a world with no hospital), cured the blind etc and promised his followers will do much more... We are still looking for the first blind man to cured... Whats even the physical relevance of the existence of Jesus

A Jesus that was God the creator didnt teach us anything relevant in his once in a life time opportunity to show himself to the world. Not even the invention of microphone or loud speakers knowing it would be easier for him to speak to five thousand people and awe them with both his invention and insightful words... How long will we continue to decive ourselves.

Nekwanu nwokem a bikonu.

So oga you expect Jesus to be building stuff like cars like Innoson?

Na wa for you o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

To All Nairalanders That Supported Trump On His View About Islam / Who Rain Down These Brimstone On Sodom And Gomorrah? / COZA: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Full Biography, Early Life, Age, Family, Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.