Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,021 members, 7,852,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:13 PM

Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia (4135 Views)

Man Beheaded In Nanka, Anambra State (graphic Photo) / Two Young Girls Beheaded In Iju, Ondo State / Graphic Photos: Girl Beheaded In An Uncompleted Building In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by babasin(m): 9:46am On Jul 18, 2007
Saudi authorities yesterday beheaded a Nigerian

This barbaric kingdom still using 'beheading as deterrent to crime??

We are the human-rights activities?

where are democrazy louds mouths; UK, USA?

above all; where is nigeria government?

every year; they wasted money on Saudi for Haji.

Anyone going to Saudi for Haji is a fool!!

grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Afam(m): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2007
As long as the punishment is meant for offenders in Saudi Arabia and the offenses are clearly spelt out with their attendant penalties there is nothing wrong with Saudi Arabia using any form of punishment in their land.

Wetin the Nigerian do? Na offense e be for dia? The punishment na secret?

All die na dia whether na injection, bullet, hanging, beheading.

There are rules and regulations guiding societies and if you don't like them then keep off those societies.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by angel101(f): 10:12am On Jul 18, 2007
The act is certainly backed by their law. People should choose countries with linient penalties to commit crimes in. wink
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by babasin(m): 10:18am On Jul 18, 2007
The act is certainly backed by their law. People should choose countries with linient penalties to commit crimes in

There you miss the point. It is not about committing crime but about reducing crime!

Point are:

Nobody(state or individual) has right to kill another one!

Killing to control punishement has failed woefully: UK has no death law, yet crime is more in USA than UK!

Nigeria has been killing robbers, yet roberry increase from year to year.

Beheading is barbaric and belong to the past.

If it was an African country doing this; the whole world will be shouting.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Afam(m): 10:26am On Jul 18, 2007
Well, in this case thanks for reminding us how barbaric the law is.

Every country has the right to make laws that suit them.

It is not for you to advice them, they know what you are complaining about but they chose to implement what makes sense for them.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by babasin(m): 10:34am On Jul 18, 2007
It is barbaric, evil and it deserve condemnation by ALL

cool cool
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by angel101(f): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2007
babasin:

UK has no death law, yet crime is more in USA than UK!

And that has nothing to do with the size of the country?

Also, Nigeria does not kill armed robbers. (at least not anymore)
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by angel101(f): 10:40am On Jul 18, 2007
In any case, it has little to do with right or wrong. It is their law! Crime is not right afterall
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by babasin(m): 10:48am On Jul 18, 2007
Also, Nigeria does not kill armed robbers.

are you still in tune with Nigeria??
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by angel101(f): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2007
Meaning?
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by denex: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2007
@babasin

well for those that prefer electrocution, lethal injection and firing squad to beheading, let me take this opportunity to remind you that the souls of the criminals executed will still go to hell no different.

By the way, individuals and governments have the right to kill as it applies to the law. What nobody has the right to do is murder.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by mazaje(m): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2007
every government has the right to choose the system of governmet it wants to choose for its people as far as it will instill decipline and peaceful co-exsistance amongst its citizens
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by jaso1(m): 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2007
We Nigerians are still in darkness. The originator of this mail mainly concern with perseverance sentiment that has engulf Nigeria into mess today. What been practice in Saudi should be implemented here in Nigeria if we aim to move forward. at least this will stop daily reported misappropriation of public funds, treasury loots stolen mandate etc.
here you re, saying beheaded! do you thing they operate selfishly as you do here in Nigeria? don't be stupid and stop thinking like your greedy leaders if you're emotional about the situation of things in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Xris74: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2007
Shame on you Babasin for even contemplating condemning the Saudi authorities. The guy deserved the ultimate punishment, just like the one hanged in Singapore. These holier-than thou muslims supposedly go to SAUDI for religious purposes, not for drug couriering.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by babasin(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2007
Shame on you Babasin for even contemplating condemning the Saudi authorities. The guy deserved the ultimate punishment, just like the one hanged in Singapore.

the world has moved away from these barbaric thinking!!!

since they have been beheading people; has that stop any drug trafficking? NO

This evil stands condemned by any right-thinking people!

Evil continues when people remain silient!
grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by denex: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2007
@Babasin

when the US government continues to execute people by lethal injection and electrocution, you don't feel the world has moved forward from those kind of barbaric culture.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by angel101(f): 11:47am On Jul 19, 2007
denex:

@Babasin

when the US government continues to execute people by lethal injection and electrocution, you don't feel the world has moved forward from those kind of barbaric culture.

Talk about double standards.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by MILITIA(f): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2007
babasin:

the world has moved away from these barbaric thinking!!!
since they have been beheading people; has that stop any drug trafficking? NO

This evil stands condemned by any right-thinking people!

Evil continues when people remain silient!
grin cheesy grin

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  Tell it to your northern brothers and sisters who still stone women for adultery and teachers for rebuking students all in the name of "koran"! tongue
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by bigspif(m): 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ babasin
Please watch what you write before thinking, what gives you the right to abuse people performing their religious obligation (Hajj). Didnt the saudi authorities warn you against drug pushing.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Mandora(f): 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2007
Its amazing dat Nigerians r getting killed all over d world 4 commiting offences. First a Nigerian was killed in Singapore 4 drug trafficking den another died while being repatriated from Spain now another in Saudi Arabia.I dont have a problem with authorities in these countries dey have d choice of deciding wat goes on in their country. But I personally believe dat these countries think dey can do what dey want because dey r of d impression dat the Nigerian authorities would do nothing. One question I ask is dat can dis b done 2 an American? Hell no any country wld think twice b4 beheading an American no matter wat he does. The Nigerian govt shld try n make the country more condusive such dat its citizens do not escape 2 other countries 2 do d wrong things. Yes, the govt may try 2 engage in some so called diplomatic whatever but d fact still remains dat all dat is medicine after death.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by MILITIA(f): 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2007
Mandora:

Its amazing that Nigerians r getting killed all over d world 4 commiting offences. First a Nigerian was killed in Singapore 4 drug trafficking den another died while being repatriated from Spain now another in Saudi Arabia.I don't have a problem with authorities in these countries dey have d choice of deciding what goes on in their country. But I personally believe that these countries think dey can do what dey want because dey r of d impression that the Nigerian authorities would do nothing. One question I ask is that can this b done 2 an American? Hell no any country would think twice before beheading an American no matter what he does. The Nigerian govt shld try n make the country more condusive such that its citizens do not escape 2 other countries 2 do d wrong things. Yes, the govt may[b] try 2 engage in some so called diplomatic whatever but d fact still remains that all that is medicine after death.
[/b]

Is it not the "Nigerian Government"  that sent these Nigerians to do "it's" business in the first place?  Holy Crock!  sad  Why should Nigerians engage in fradualent activities at all?  Do you hear of any other African country in the same predicament as Nigeria?  Everywhere you go "Nigerians this, Nigerian that"!  Haba!  Na wetin? angry
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by angel101(f): 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2007
Mandora:

Its amazing that Nigerians r getting killed all over d world 4 commiting offences. First a Nigerian was killed in Singapore 4 drug trafficking den another died while being repatriated from Spain now another in Saudi Arabia.I don't have a problem with authorities in these countries dey have d choice of deciding what goes on in their country. But I personally believe that these countries think dey can do what dey want because dey r of d impression that the Nigerian authorities would do nothing. One question I ask is that can this b done 2 an American? Hell no any country would think twice before beheading an American no matter what he does. The Nigerian govt shld try n make the country more condusive such that its citizens do not escape 2 other countries 2 do d wrong things. Yes, the govt may try 2 engage in some so called diplomatic whatever but d fact still remains that all that is medicine after death.

I think u're wrong. There are 2 british teenagers now being held in Ghana for drug trafficking. And the Ghanaian authorities have made known that they do not opreate a system with the option of criminals serving their sentences in their home countries. ie one rule holds for all. I am also sure that if u do some research, u will find that there are countless American citizens in foreign jails.
This is not to say that i support the laxity of the Nigerian govt towards its citizens.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Mandora(f): 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2007
Why have d Ghanian govt not killed dem? Dey wldn't dare even if such a thing was operational in their system. My point is dat the Nigerian govt is being taken 4 granted because of it's laxity
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by MILITIA(f): 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2007
Mandora:

Why have d Ghanian govt not killed them? Dey wldn't dare even if such a thing was operational in their system. My point is that the Nigerian govt is being taken 4 granted because of it's laxity

When you have respected yourself as a country, then the whole world will respect you and you can sit on the table with other human beings to negotiate. The only thing we have is oil to even smell near the outside world. If we did not have that "oil"-------- hen hen hen! No body will be able to point to Nigeria on the world map! Period! Which Nigerian government are you talking about? Do we really have a government? shocked
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Afam(m): 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2007
Just ask an american to go do drug trafficking in Saudi Arabia so we can know if Saudi will give the american some cake and fanta to enjoy when caught.

You seem to forget that not every country takes instruction from the White House.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by MILITIA(f): 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2007
Afam:

Just ask an american to go do drug trafficking in Saudi Arabia so we can know if Saudi will give the american some cake and fanta to enjoy when caught.

You seem to forget that not every country takes instruction from the White House.

Okay! That is why I say that there are countries and there are "settlements"! We know those that can be called countries and those that can be called settlements or whig whams! Nigeria is yet to adjectify the nature of it's entity! embarassed SHIT-ZU!
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by jaso1(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2007
We seem to be out of it here! the situation in Saudi Arab is just law conformity which differ from our insincerity here in Nigeria. the policy has been set up that once its been breached, the ramification is automatic no sacred cow. once you are caught you must face the music. there is no racism as majority of us here perceived it.
if we are now emotional about our people for being enormous of iregularity, your govt should be held for this that is why yaradua should borrow this policies to deviate this earthless leader from more treasury looting. then Nigerian number will reduce from this act.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Mamajama(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2007
This is a matter of choice, if you chose to traffic drug and get caught, I hope they burn you alive. if I can make the judgment to go to school and better my life, and some useless small boy want fast money so he can buy the best thing, please behead and roast their head to send a message to other followers.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Xris74: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2007
Trafic drug and get hanged or beheaded. Nothing more, nothing less. Why are some Nigerians such irredemable thieves and bad guys? Down with all those who give us bad image.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by angel101(f): 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2007
Mandora:

Why have d Ghanian govt not killed them? Dey wldn't dare even if such a thing was operational in their system. My point is that the Nigerian govt is being taken 4 granted because of it's laxity

Because thats not their law. did u consider that?

Afam:

Thank u my brother.

Why do u think it is every country that will stoop so low to operate double standards? My dear no matter who u are, if u go and peddle drugs in saudi, u will be beheaded. shikena.

And by the way where were u when Buhari and Idiagbon were killing drug peddlers by firing squad?
Oh girl save ur breath for more worthy causes. wink
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by freeguy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ Babasin,

I want you to remember that where there is no law, there is no crime.  Probably u seems to ve forgotten that drug trafficking is a serious crime in the Saudi Kingdom. Many people have gone to their early graves due to the consumption of these deadly drugs and u here are shouting about someone getting beheaded. Think before u start saying those rubbish.

Anybody caught in Saudi Arabia for Drug trafficking dies by being headed, whether a Nigerian, American, Briton etc. Thats wat their laws says, period. So anybody that contravene such laws will have to face the full wrath of the law. Period and Simple.

Any Nigerian living or travelling abroad shud obey and not go against the laws and regulations of their host country.

Its in Nigeria that u can do anything and go away it, not some other countries of the world.
Re: Nigerian Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Seun(m): 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2007
I do not support the execution of any human being who is not guilty of first degree murder. That's all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawyers Are Buried Six Feet And Not With Theirs Faces Turned Upside Down. / Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? / The Mighty Has Fallen, Police Inspectors On Their Knees Begging For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.