Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot (39366 Views)

Ronaldo Hires Top Bull Fighter As Bodyguard During Russia World Cup / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Litmus: 9:42am On Jul 29, 2021
I struggle to think of a worst human trait than jealousy envy. I crossed out Jealousy on just now learning envy is the proper term and that jealousy is an entirely different emotion than many attribute it. Sad, since Jealousy is a better word for envy than envy is for Envy. Jealousy is somewhat onomatopoeic of the thing.

psychologytoday.com

It turns out that Psychologists agree on a fairly straightforward distinction.

Envy occurs when we lack a desired attribute enjoyed by another.

Jealousy occurs when something we already possess (usually a special relationship) is threatened by a third person.

And so envy is a two-person situation whereas jealousy is a three-person situation. Envy is a reaction to lacking something. Jealousy is a reaction to the threat of losing something (usually someone).

This seems straightforward, so why the confusion?
https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/joy-and-pain/201401/what-is-the-difference-between-envy-and-jealousy
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 29, 2021
timesup234:
Idiotic Nigerians will come here and talk shit about Nigeria. America is a jungle. Staying in America increases your risk to die young. Borno state is safer than America
Well said. US has more than 300m population while Nigeria has more than 200m but in US more than 50k people die annually from sporadic shooting, knife stab, suicides, and above all securities extra judicial killings. Extra judicial killings by Securities in US is more than the total casualties of West Africa combined in a year. People who died in avoidable ways due to shooting and other social vices in US annually are more than the reported number of casualties of BH from 2009 to date. Though I'm not justifying the killings but those people are the greatest scammers in the world, only their local media report their cases but here we're even happy to tell the world abt our agonies!

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by seyz91(m): 10:05am On Jul 29, 2021
I tell you

But get money wahala better oo cheesy
jonnypie:
U get money wahala u no get money the same wahala...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Rayjnr: 10:08am On Jul 29, 2021
barragan:

There have been close to 300 mass shooting in the US this year alone with at least 4 people being killed do you need anyone to tell you that Nigeria cannot match that level of violence? That is a country that is not even at war. As deadly as Boko Haram is, they are estimated to have killed only about 30,000 people since their madness started, in 2019 ALONE, close to 15,000 people were killed in gun violence in the US. There is absolutely no comparison US is a dangerous place to live in.

My brother don't talk much, I love how you speak with facts
US is way more dangerous to live in than here, take example from Lagos, if you have ur money, no one disturbs you you live freely anytime, but see US, the elites spend millions and billions of dollars on private security
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Rayjnr: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2021
hefelove:

He ain't smoking any shit, if my friend for Chicago dey tell me stories, it always scares the hell out of me, he always says he might die anytime soon.
Forget Nigerians they don't know what is happening in the US, davido in an interview says he loves staying in Nigeria more than the US for so many reasons bordering on security ect
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by freddybonz(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2021
If this happened in Nigeria everybody would be shouting no security anywhere, nobody is safe in this country
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by hybridblood07(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2021
So, I am 16 abi? You're a fool! At this stage, 80% of Nigerians are thinking of moving outside the country no matter the situation they will find themselves and you're here talking nonsense. Your brain should be examined!
timesup234:
Na mouth you dey. 16yrs old boy talk with no prospect or single understanding of life.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2021
timesup234:
Why should they come and live here when you go there to slave yourself for them working like machines in other to raise a 20% down payment for a carton sugar cube house that even a local farmer in a village in Nigeria built two during the course of his lifetime

Absolute rubbish. I do the same job that fellow whites, Indian etc. I get paid well and I own properties here. I live in one and rent the rest out. The deeds to the properties I own are the same as the ones other whites own, no difference. There is nothing like 50 year C of O for non indigenes and different one for indigenes. There is nothing like singling out my property for destruction if there are riots etc. I rent my properties out through estate agents, on a management basis because I can't do it by myself, so effectively white people work for me. They earn a commission from renting out my properties. When things need fixing, white people earn money from me to fix them. 80% of my tenants are white people. I leave the estate agents to decide who they choose as tenants. I know some other Nigerians (personal friends) who have more properties than I have. One has about 60 properties. He bought an estate in Abuja about 2 years ago. Listen, there are countless Africans doing very well here in the UK and the live very well, very luxuriously and they don't have to kiss one yeye godfather's ass. A lot employ white people and other races in businesses. Our children attend top schools here and are doing very very well. Some of these Nigerians are less concerned about going ons in Nigeria and stay away from forums like this mainly because of people like YOU and also the incessant feed of traumatising bad news, extreme tribal bigotry and ridiculous political posturing from people like you about how "fantastic" Nigeria is supposed to be; perhaps on paper.

Yes there are Nigerians doing so called "yawa" jobs here in the UK. But trust me, their quality of life if far far better than what it could have been in Nigeria and many of them are executing projects back home, putting people through university and financing small businesses back home, all from "slaving" themselves. Many of them have horror stories to tell of how life was for them back in Nigeria. Some of them go on to start businesses here in the UK and end up doing very well for themselves.

Look, it's not an easy thing for someone to leave their comfort zone, family, friends, their people, their network and relocate to another country where they are treated differently. However for many its a choice between "being treated differently abroad" and "being treated worse in Nigeria - job insecurities, armed robbers, bandits, corrupt officials, tribalism, poor health facilities,...the list is endless". Two years ago I helped a middle aged woman with 3 kids resettle here. Her case in Nigeria was really bad. Things got so bad for them in Nigeria that they couldn't afford to repair her car again so she was trekking everywhere. He husband was owing everywhere and couldn't do much. Her son had to spend one year at home because they couldn't afford his school fees. On top of that, her husband was diagnosed with a very serious health condition and was wasting away before her eyes

Leave matter.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by stanliwise(m): 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2021
barragan:

There have been close to 300 mass shooting in the US this year alone with at least 4 people being killed do you need anyone to tell you that Nigeria cannot match that level of violence? That is a country that is not even at war. As deadly as Boko Haram is, they are estimated to have killed only about 30,000 people since their madness started, in 2019 ALONE, close to 15,000 people were killed in gun violence in the US. There is absolutely no comparison US is a dangerous place to live in.
By landmass and population. USA is three times the size of Nigeria, those figures you mentioned cut it down by three let’s do a better comparison.

You’re glad you could mention the stats of USA but failed to do same for Nigeria our con3 and if you do show me the source of stats
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2021
timesup234:
Idiotic Nigerians will come here and talk shit about Nigeria. America is a jungle. Staying in America increases your risk to die young. Borno state is safer than America
I swear people don't know this fact! There's 90% chance of you getting shot and killed, unprovoked o, in US than being kidnapped or killed by boko harm or bandits.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
ceaser:

That stands to reason. It's the effect of the adrenalin surge at that instant that reduces your sense to pain. It is to ensure that you don't miss out on any of the three 'Fs' (Fright, Flight and Fight) that you are expected to do when faced with danger.

At that point too, there is usually increased dilatation of the pupils and visual clarity is improved to aid the eyesight in plotting any of the three 'Fs'.

Much later after the danger had passed and the adrenalin surge has waned will he begin to feel intense pain and be able to see the extent of damage he has.
True, happens to accident victims too
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by LordErrk: 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2021
timesup234:

Go and fxck a cow please. Intelligence is not your thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Khetag Pliev Loses Finger During Fight (Photos, Video) / Stanley Nwabali Visits His Grassroot Club Chairman, Felix Obuah / My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.