Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) (5272 Views)

INEC Cannot Accept Candidates Where There Were No Primaries - Falana Backs Igini / Adeseye Ogunlewe: Why The Igbos Cannot Produce President In 2023 / Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Cannot Make Presidency Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by NGpatriot: 1:34am On Aug 02, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

Because that answer will embarrass you, not me.
but if you insist here's your answer

You don't need to dig a canal on the Niger river because the Niger river is already a river. It is wider and deeper than the panama canal. The panama canal was dug on land and filled with water because there was no river. You don't need to make an artificial river on the niger river because the niger river is already a river.

Hope that helps

You mean because the river is already there all you need to do is just row your boat down the river through souvreing nations, no dredging or any infrastructure in place to facilitate country to country commercial shipping activities?

Are you slow or just playing slow?

Btw, why are you now making distinctions between river and Panama canal? Or your pointless thread is no longer about Panama canal.?

Built on land or not, real or artificial, it's still a river that was dredged and designed for commercial shipping activities with fees and tolling system.
Panama canal is 43ft deep while river niger in some places 30 feet deep in some places and 100 ft in other places so serious dredging for miles s needed.

Nna, it's not by force to comment on the internet...
Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by Ofodirinwa: 1:43am On Aug 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

You mean because the river is already there all you need to do is just row your boat down the river through souvreing nations, no dredging or any infrastructure in place to facilitate country to country commercial shipping activities?

Are you slow or just playing slow?

Btw, why are you now making distinctions about river and Panama canal? Or your pointless thread is no longer about Panama canal.?

Built on land or not, real or artificial, it's still a river that was dredged and designed for commercial shipping activities [/b]with fees and tolling system.
Panama canal is 43ft deep while river niger in some places 30 feet deep in some places and 100 ft in other places so serious dredging for miles s needed.

Nna, it's not by force to comment on the internet...

I know you read the word dredging somewhere and you want to say it because it sounds related, but why would you need to dredge one of the deepest rivers on planet earth? lol.

if you look at the post I posted the width and length of the panama canal compared to the width and length of the Niger and you still don't get it lol. You're almost as bad as the one that thought this thread was about making an artificial river on top of the Niger river. The Niger River from Onitsha to the Atlantic is deeper than the panama canal is at any point.

I love this thread because people can be ignorant with their chest. Dredge the Niger river so it can handle boats. chie. lol
lol what do you mean real or not? We're talking about dredging (for no reason) and you're talking about real or not. The panama canal is an artifical canal. It was dredged so that that part of the world can have a small River Niger. We have a real River Niger and you're talking about dredging lol.

You reason like someone who's brain was dredged

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by Ofodirinwa: 1:51am On Aug 02, 2021
So far I've learned that

1. You people don't know that trade happens between 2 nations, not 1 IGBO nation with it's self.
2. You don't know what dredging is or why it's done
3. You don't know geography
4. You don't know where Ijaw land is lol
5. You believe that if Mali and Niger republic have not done it, nobody can do it
6. You don't know how boats work
7. You don't know the difference between blockade and embargo
8. You don't want to know any of these things because you want to fight IGBO man online
9. You don't know that problems are met with solutions

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by Sincinnati: 3:15am On Aug 02, 2021
oyatz:

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying that Niger-Delta MUST block Biafra but the issues that must be acknowledged is that Biafra will have to negotiate with Niger Delta Republic not as a matter of right but concession as friendly countries.

However, if they refuse to grant this concession, you can't do anything about it.

And if Biafran try any act of war, they will be easily defeated and made to suffer for such silly mistake.

All Niger-Delta needs to do is to sign a defense pact with the Vladimir Putins of this World to train their Army, supply them with Sophisticated weapons in exchange for oil & Gas or management of their ports for 10years.

N/Delta Republic have greater land mass, population, resources, infrastructure and coast line than Biafra.In case of an out break of war, most Super Powers are likely to back them over Biafra that has little to offer.

Any Biafran or Foreigner that cross the borders into their country to try any nonsense will know that he is commiting suicide.
You’re totally ignorant and confident about it!

Shame!!!
Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by Sincinnati: 3:32am On Aug 02, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

So Ngozi Iweala is Japanese?
Chibuike Rotimi and Peter Odili are fulanis.

Don’t mind these fools.

It’s shameful seeing yorubas masturbating on what does not concern them.

If you look at this thread, no person from Rivers State or Akwa Ibom is saying anything because they understand the demographics better than the idiots wasting their time here.

A yoruba man in far away osun state is telling me an Igbo man that I can’t have access to sea because Niger and Chad don’t have access to sea. Just imagine!!
Obigbo, a 100% Igbo town in Rivers state is not up to 50km and 1hour drive to the Atlantic Ocean, how does someone with brain in his skull compare that to Niger and Chad that are more than 1,000km away? How?

And one idiot said that Niger Delta Republic has more resources and is more populated than the Igbo Nation, sadly this guy happens to be yoruba but he’s claiming to be an authority in old Eastern Region affairs. If I talk now e go be like say I be tribal bigot, but some people no wan put their mouth where it’s actually needed, no, ha musturu isu imi ogologo ha dika nke nkapi na ihe na agbasa ha!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by Sincinnati: 3:40am On Aug 02, 2021
aribisala0:

You are only making sense to yourself. How is a River in Ebonyi State in direct contact with the Atlantic Show us a map of the Imo river emptying into the Atlantic
This one doesn’t even know that the Imo River empties into the Atlantic Ocean and he’s been arguing confidently. Lmao �

He also thinks Imo River is/originates in Ebonyi State. SMH ��‍♂️
Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by Sincinnati: 3:44am On Aug 02, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

LOL just say 'I did not know that'. Why do so many of you start getting aggressive towards the person giving info you didn't know. Have you been to east nigeria? You don't need to answer the question to me, answer to yourself.
And he was the first to tag someone ignoramus on this thread. What an irony!!
Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by Ofodirinwa: 6:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Sincinnati:
Chibuike Rotimi and Peter Odili are fulanis.

Don’t mind these fools.

It’s shameful seeing yorubas masturbating on what does not concern them.

If you look at this thread, no person from Rivers State or Akwa Ibom is saying anything because they understand the demographics better than the idiots wasting their time here.

A yoruba man in far away osun state is telling me an Igbo man that I can’t have access to sea because Niger and Chad don’t have access to sea. Just imagine!!
Obigbo, a 100% Igbo town in Rivers state is not up to 50km and 1hour drive to the Atlantic Ocean, how does someone with brain in his skull compare that to Niger and Chad that are more than 1,000km away? How?

And one idiot said that Niger Delta Republic has more resources and is more populated than the Igbo Nation, sadly this guy happens to be yoruba but he’s claiming to be an authority in old Eastern Region affairs. If I talk now e go be like say I be tribal bigot, but some people no wan put their mouth where it’s actually needed, no, ha musturu isu imi ogologo ha dika nke nkapi na ihe na agbasa ha!

It's really sad lol. I can't imagine the feeling they get when they see the people they hate succeed. Anticipating failure is not working, so they're are hoping for a hypothetical 'ijaw blockade' based on nothing other than hate. a 'blockade' that has no identifiable benefit between two ethnicities with 0 conflict with each other. It's really insane, but the more hate the more the thread grows and the more ppl learn geography by fore.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by Ofodirinwa: 6:07am On Aug 02, 2021
Sincinnati:
This one doesn’t even know that the Imo River empties into the Atlantic Ocean and he’s been arguing confidently. Lmao �

He also thinks Imo River is/originates in Ebonyi State. SMH ��‍♂️

LMAO embarrassing
Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by Ofodirinwa: 6:10am On Aug 02, 2021
oyatz:

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying that Niger-Delta MUST block Biafra but the issues that must be acknowledged is that Biafra will have to negotiate with Niger Delta Republic not as a matter of right but concession as friendly countries.

However, if they refuse to grant this concession, you can't do anything about it.

And if Biafran try any act of war, they will be easily defeated and made to suffer for such silly mistake.

All Niger-Delta needs to do is to sign a defense pact with the Vladimir Putins of this World to train their Army, supply them with Sophisticated weapons in exchange for oil & Gas or management of their ports for 10years.

N/Delta Republic have greater land mass, population, resources, infrastructure and coast line than Biafra.In case of an out break of war, most Super Powers are likely to back them over Biafra that has little to offer.

Any Biafran or Foreigner that cross the borders into their country to try any nonsense will know that he is commiting suicide.

HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE! LOL oh God,

So you don't know Russia oil can drown Nigeria?! LOL Maybe they can said a pact with Saudi arabia and supply them with Niger Delta sand LOL. Post your primary school

Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by aribisala0(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2021
i know it is a bitter pill to swallow
According to IPOB logic Lokoja and Benue are not landlocked BECAUSE the River Niger empties into the Atlantic
THEREFORE any country that has a river is not landlocked according to IPOB

Last time I checked the River Nile begins in Ethiopia and ETHIOPIA IS LANDLOCKED

Ethiopia has not claimed and can not claim any right for ships to sail through the territory of Egypt.

Instead they solve their situation using the port of Djibouti by negotiation and they have a rail link to the port with inland port infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by oyatz(m): 10:29am On Aug 02, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE! LOL oh God,

So you don't know Russia oil can drown Nigeria?! LOL Maybe they can said a pact with Saudi arabia and supply them with Niger Delta sand LOL. Post your primary school

I guess you don't know what is called contextual meaning?

Even at that, who told you that countries that have crude oil don't make crude oil deals with other countries?

The US has more crude oil than Nigeria, yet American oil companies are still doing oil business in Nigeria.

It's better that you concentrate on buying and selling at Ariara Market and stop dabbling into discussions on Politics and international Relations.
Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by NGpatriot: 10:58am On Aug 02, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

I know you read the word dredging somewhere and you want to say it because it sounds related, but why would you need to dredge one of the deepest rivers on planet earth? lol.

if you look at the post I posted the width and length of the panama canal compared to the width and length of the Niger and you still don't get it lol. You're almost as bad as the one that thought this thread was about making an artificial river on top of the Niger river. The Niger River from Onitsha to the Atlantic is deeper than the panama canal is at any point.

I love this thread because people can be ignorant with their chest. Dredge the Niger river so it can handle boats. chie. lol
lol what do you mean real or not? We're talking about dredging (for no reason) and you're talking about real or not. The panama canal is an artifical canal. It was dredged so that that part of the world can have a small River Niger. We have a real River Niger and you're talking about dredging lol.

You reason like someone who's brain was dredged

So, the fact that you have river niger means you don't have to dredge the shallow parts of that river that can not accommodate shipping vessels??

River niger is not the deepest because while parts of the river are about 100 ft deep, other parts are 30 feet deep so are the boats or ships sailing in the deepest parts not going to sail through the shallow 30 feet parts of the river that can never accommodate commercial shipping vessels?

You based your ignorant thread on Panama canal which is 43 feet deep, deeper than parts of river niger.

Your thread is just another bait and switch ignorant rendition of facts and realities.

You sound very shallow and mediocre in your puerile thinking.

Again, it is not by force to comment on the internet because you are too elementary in your thinking.
Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by NGpatriot: 11:07am On Aug 02, 2021
If river niger is so deep and ok for commercial shipping vessels, then why are we dredging the same river niger for shipping activities? Why?

Or your biafra boats won't sail through the dredged parts of the same river within the Nigerian territory?

I really hate going back and forth with shallow and miniscule knowledge people.

Sounds like your brain is like a DOT.

Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by cazchi: 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2021
Why are you lot even arguing with these people? The Eastern region was divided by Gowon to cause division. (FACT). There is a video of this. Biafra isn't just Igbo. Don't let these enemies lure you into unnecessary discussions.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by aribisala0(m): 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2021
Edwin Clark is a divisionist?
The Ijaws that have rejected Eegboes were told to do that by Gowon?
Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by aribisala0(m): 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

So, the fact that you have river niger means you don't have to dredge the shallow parts of that river that can not accommodate shipping vessels??

River niger is not the deepest because while parts of the river are about 100 ft deep, other parts are 30 feet deep so are the boats or ships sailing in the deepest parts not going to sail through the shallow 30 feet parts of the river that can never accommodate commercial shipping vessels?

You based your ignorant thread on Panama canal which is 43 feet deep, deeper than parts of river niger.

Your thread is just another bait and switch ignorant rendition of facts and realities.

You sound very shallow and mediocre in your puerile thinking.

Again, it is not by force to comment on the internet because you are too elementary in your thinking.

And there won't be consequences to dredging the 30 feet parts for the communities next to the banks in terms of flooding in terms of impact on their fishing livelihood and or consequent security challenges like piracy
Those communities won't have a say over what happens in their part of the river because of benefits for others upstream?
What is the environmental impact of this dredging for neighbouring host communities? What impact does dredging have on fish population? What impact will ship traffic have on fish population?
Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by NGpatriot: 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2021
aribisala0:

And there won't be consequences to dredging the 30 feet parts for the communities next to the banks in terms of flooding in terms of impact on their fishing livelihood and or consequent security challenges like piracy
Those communities won't have a say over what happens in their part of the river because of benefits for others upstream?
What is the environmental impact of this dredging for neighbouring host communities? What impact does dredging have on fish population? What impact will ship traffic have on fish population?

Dredging is never a problem free option environmentally..
Re: Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) by aribisala0(m): 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

Dredging is never a problem free option environmentally..
And those who will face problems in Rivers state and Bayelsa or Akwa Cross should rightly have a veto .
Why should they agree to it

What is in their interest is to have Port and MAKE MONEY from it by linking it to the interior by rail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throw Back Of Obasanjo And Babagida Playin Draft While Dajuma And Abacha watches / Nigerians, Don't You Desire This Beautiful Woman As Your First Lady In 2023? / Mai Mala Buni And His Wife Gumsu Sani Abacha Chilling: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.