Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State (32008 Views)

4 Well-known Popular People Who Hide Their Faces And Why They Do It. / Whitemoney Begs BBNaija to Stop Married People From Participating In The Show / Video See The Most Popular People That Were All Over The News In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
Buharidgeneral:

How?

I don't know sef! See ur head. You d set trap make u finish me. I know ur plan grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by honcdm01(m): 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
Michael Adikwu nkor?
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by todayo(m): 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
Sheikh Adam Al-Ilory and Sheik Kamaldeen Al-Adaby

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by LamidiCownu: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:

Maybe they should start bearing Yoruba names because of loss of identity. Does it mean without Arabic names Muslims will not make heaven?
How's it loss of identity?
Did they ever deny their ancestry ??
Do you mean without biblical names Christians can't make heaven ??

Stop asking mumu questions abeg

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by lordmans(m): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
juman:

You must be very young person.
Lateef jakande said it himself that he was originally from igbaja.
He said that when he came to kwara to do presidential campaign during ibb time.

If you actually heard it from him, maybe that may be the truth. You never can trust politicians though. I'm from Lagos Island and the oriki of the jakandes is Omo olomu aperan Omo oloro agogo. Though of igbomina ancestry which igbaja is also one but that isn't their oriki cos I schooled with some of them. They always boast if themselves as oko irese Omo awoyira.

It's also possible the jakandes migrated from irese to omu aran before migrating to okepopo area of Lagos their present abode. This is common among Yoruba folks. We move around. That's why you see some families in about 2 or 3 different states or cities. Yorubaland belongs to all the Yorubas.

And for the records, it wasn't Lateef Jakande or his father that migrated to Lagos but his grand father or great grandfather. The family holds the title of Oluwo nla in Lagos Island and that's their home. But the ancestry is definitely of igbomina origin. Almost every Yoruba family traced their origin somewhere. Most of the ilorin Yorubas are of Oyo stock, likewise Ibadan, Iwo, Ede, Offa, Ekiti, and the igbomina, does it make them Oyo people today? No!
And are Yoruba towns and communities not made up of families from different part of Yorubaland?

Stop following the non Yorubas lack of understanding of migration to cast aspersion on the metamorphic identity a Yoruba person can have by settling down in another Yoruba town.

Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by vickydevoka(m): 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
LukasPodolski:

what is kawara? ibera?

dead brains everywhere.
Ur mothers brain was dead wen she gave birth to you. You understood something buh felt u wanna insult you mothers wretched condition. Idiot. # spit on you
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by DonroxyII: 12:47am On Aug 09, 2021
imam07:
moji Makanjuola is from Okun side in Kogi State. Unless u can tell me she got married to a Kogi man. From day one I knew she is from Kogi state
she is from Offa in Kwara State ...
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by imam07: 12:48am On Aug 09, 2021
You are d one who is a small boy her. Unless u were born in 1971 that you are older than me. Stop arguing on what u don't know.this was a man some of his family relatives even did burial in his compound in Omu Aran. Can't u Google it instead of coming here to post wrong information
juman:

You must be very young person.
Lateef jakande said it himself that he was originally from igbaja.
He said that when he came to kwara to do presidential campaign during ibb time.

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by imam07: 12:55am On Aug 09, 2021
DonroxyII:
she is from Offa in Kwara State ...
if she is from offa then she got married to a Kogi man. I know her very well when she was in Kwara and I can remember when she was using peugeot 404. Red colour. I don't think u have known her this period.
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by DonroxyII: 1:23am On Aug 09, 2021
imam07:
if she is from offa then she got married to a Kogi man. I know her very well when she was in Kwara and I can remember when she was using peugeot 404. Red colour. I don't think u have known her this period.
I know she started from NTA ilorin and her family compound is at Offa but I don't know where she married to !
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Smilepelekiet: 1:41am On Aug 09, 2021
Justice Alfa Belgore (former CJN).Dele Belgore(SAN).Muinat Shagaya(one of richest black woman ever).chief Adesoye(the okin biscuit and Adesoye college).Lanre Shittu(one of most popular car dealer in Nig).prof gambari (former UN secretary and current Nig COF).Albdullahi Adangba first Nig COF during obj).Justice Akanbi (pioneer Chairman ICPC).Senior Apostle Oluwole Awotuyi(The Chief Executive Officer of Tuyil Pharmaceutical Company) and many more
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Moblux(m): 6:28am On Aug 09, 2021
juman:
Lateef jakande.
Was from igbaja kwara state.

No!

Omu-Aran

Late Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by gentleguy1975: 6:48am On Aug 09, 2021
Op nawao for u o, you left out people like yinka quadri,kebe kwara, and oga bello,u go dey mention ibrahim chatta
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by juman(m): 7:50am On Aug 09, 2021
imam07:
You are d one who is a small boy her. Unless u were born in 1971 that you are older than me. Stop arguing on what u don't know.this was a man some of his family relatives even did burial in his compound in Omu Aran. Can't u Google it instead of coming here to post wrong information

Baba jakande said himself that he came from igbaja.
But as you pointed out his father and forefathers came from omu aran.

So they are igbaja people of omu aran origin.

We have such examples abound around the country.
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Caseless: 8:35am On Aug 09, 2021
LukasPodolski:
notable mention.

Tony Tetuila (musician)

Moji Makanjuola (The most popular NTA news broadcaster)

Seun Okinbaloye ( Most popular Channel TV presenter)

Sarah Alade (former CBN Governor)

Segun Toriola (most decorated Nigerian table tennis player)

David Abioye (clergy)

Adebayo Salami

madam Saje

Ayinla Kollington (Sikiru Ayinde Barrister rival)

Taiwo Awoniyi

Olushola Saraki

Tunde idiagbon

Taiwo Awoniyi

Dele Awoniyi

I Don tire, dem too plenty.......,.

cc
lalasticlala
mynd44
Dominique
moji makanjuola is more popular than Ruth opia, cyril stober, Eugenia Abu, Fatima abbas Hassan, aisha Bello, and that lady we all admired in the 90s(she's late)?
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by akdjr(m): 8:47am On Aug 09, 2021
Afonja of Ilorin who was the "Are Ona Kakanfo". I wonder how you forget this great man
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by imam07: 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
juman:

Baba jakande said himself that he came from igbaja.
But as you pointed out his father and forefathers came from omu aran.

So they are igbaja people of omu aran origin.

We have such examples abound around the country.
I will advise you to stop arguing like this sha.
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by juman(m): 2:39am On Aug 10, 2021
imam07:
I will advise you to stop arguing like this sha.

grin grin grin grin

Go home and ask elders about such.

Let me give an example, a prominent offa man, late chief femi adekanye, was offa man of course but he was of omu aran origin.
Listen to Ayinde Barrister "Fantasia" music. From 14.50. He sang about him as such.

Many example across the country.
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by imam07: 5:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
juman:

grin grin grin grin

Go home and ask elders about such.

Let me give an example, a prominent offa man, late chief femi adekanye, was offa man of course but he was of omu aran origin.
Listen to Ayinde Barrister "Fantasia" music. From 14.50. He sang about him as such.

Many example across the country.
God will help you.
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Bottomofpussy(m): 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2021
People are hungry... food wey pour for ground, na so one woman and her pikin begin rush to the food, later d woman had to tell us dat Dy av not eaten since morning...na so one guy decide to help d woman by adopting her son
Simbrixton:
bottom of toto wetin happen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Regina Askia Rocks Bum Shorts (Photos) / Celebrities And Their Mums / “I'll Do Anything To Have Genevieve Nnaji On My Bed”– Upcoming Artiste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.