Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership (32611 Views)

Money Laundering: CCB Invites Festus Keyamo Over Petition Against Atiku / Dino Melaye Blasts Keyamo Over His Comment On Atiku, Challenges Him To A Debate / Reno Omokri Slams Festus Keyamo Over PDP Coalition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by anigbajumo(m): 12:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

You are very funny.you do not understand the issues involved....is the pdp candidate an authority on legal matters? Is he a judge? Where you expecting him to be said? Is pdp a serious party

You don't need anyone to tells u that such narrow unanimous decision is a red flag, just wait and see wat will play out in some months. Malami is trying hard to pull down the party because of his greedy interest. Issues like this are very delicate because it will become a target for opposition....

1 Like

Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by celeiyke: 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2021
Whoever gave this man a SAN award should withdraw it

1 Like

Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by athaboi(f): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
ccollins:
hello ,how u.I want to get to know u.
why
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by fergie001: 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

You are misapprehending the situation.the guy said if buni ushers in a new APC exco,pdp can take the matter to court and void subsequent candidature. no one is arguing about buni's signature
Ok...Better Understood.

PDP cannot do that.
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by ccollins(m): 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
athaboi:
why
friend u
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by garfield1: 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
anigbajumo:

You don't need anyone to tells u that such narrow unanimous decision is a red flag, just wait and see wat will play out in some months. Malami is trying hard to pull down the party because of his greedy interest. Issues like this are very delicate because it will become a target for opposition....

Pdp cannot take apc matter to court ohhhh
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by Champneys: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
It shall not be well with Malami, Keyamo, Buni, Buhari and APC plus their supporters.

Gbogbo yin onikuuuure!
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by anigbajumo(m): 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

Pdp cannot take apc matter to court ohhhh

Oga, we are not talking of Article 17 of the Constitution of APC which says almost the same thing as section 17 of the national constitution. Av u read wat professor Adeyeye said on this issue, a former senator from Osun state. I will quote you wen or eyes open, just let wait and see.

Did u read the judgement at all, if yes I don't think u will come here to argue on this fact.
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by ddeola: 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
Who b Malami if no b quota system?
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nigeria
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by garfield1: 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2021
anigbajumo:

Oga, we are not talking of Article 17 of the Constitution of APC which says almost the same thing as section 17 of the national constitution. Av u read wat professor Adeyeye said on this issue, a former senator from Osun state. I will quote you wen or eyes open, just let wait and see.

Did u read the judgement at all, if yes I don't think u will come here to argue on this fact.

[b]Appellant said that the 1st Respondent was purportedly sponsored at the election by APC. Why the use of the word "purported"? Did the APC to which he belongs and which ?purportedly? sponsored him deny his membership or its sponsorship of the 1st Respondent? Did the 3rd Respondent, the statutory observer at the primary election of every political party deny knowledge of the process leading to the emergence of the 1st Respondent as the standard bearer or the APC at the Governorship election it conducted in Benue State on 11th April, 2015? Did INEC query the conduct of the primary it observed?

On the facts before the court, I must return a negative answer to each of the above questions and this means that contrary to the case of the appellant, the 1st Respondent was qualified and not disqualified to contest the Governorship election in Benue State on 11th April, 2015.

The next question is the locus standi of the appellant to impugn the exercise of primary election in a party other than his own, especially as he could not have participated in the primary election he complained about.

Primary elections are in-house matters of a political party. A non-member of the party has no locus to raise the issue and no member of the party who was not an aspirant can raise the issue. See Section 87(9)(a) of the Electoral Act (supra).

This Court has made many pronouncements on who has the locus to challenge the conduct of a primary election. See the case of Daniel v. INEC (2015) 9 NWLR (Pt. 1463) page 113 at 155-157. In the most recent of the plethora of cases on the point, Okoro JSC, speaking for the Court said, inter alia:

"... Only an aspirant at the primary election is permitted by Section 87(9) of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) to challenge the selection or nomination of a person for an elective office. Apart from an aspirant who took part in the primary election, no other person is authorised to file an action to challenge the selection or nomination of a candidate by a political party for an election."

See the Judgment in SC.907/2015 (not yet reported) delivered by this Court on Friday, 8th January, 2016.

The proper venue for such challenge is the High Court of a State, the Federal High Court or the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, as the party filing the action may choose. As I said earlier, the appellant is a member of the PDP, not APC and even if he is a member of the APC, he would have no locus to challenge the nomination of the 1st Respondent as he is not one of the aspirants who participated in the primary election.

In my view, appellant is a meddlesome interloper who, having assumed the role of a hired mourner, is crying more than the bereaved.[/b]

The above is from the supreme court my friend in tarzoor vs ortom 2016 supra.how dare you compare adeyeye to the supreme court? What is your problem? Please stop talking nonsense.
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by anigbajumo(m): 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

[b]Appellant said that the 1st Respondent was purportedly sponsored at the election by APC. Why the use of the word "purported"? Did the APC to which he belongs and which ?purportedly? sponsored him deny his membership or its sponsorship of the 1st Respondent? Did the 3rd Respondent, the statutory observer at the primary election of every political party deny knowledge of the process leading to the emergence of the 1st Respondent as the standard bearer or the APC at the Governorship election it conducted in Benue State on 11th April, 2015? Did INEC query the conduct of the primary it observed?

On the facts before the court, I must return a negative answer to each of the above questions and this means that contrary to the case of the appellant, the 1st Respondent was qualified and not disqualified to contest the Governorship election in Benue State on 11th April, 2015.

The next question is the locus standi of the appellant to impugn the exercise of primary election in a party other than his own, especially as he could not have participated in the primary election he complained about.

Primary elections are in-house matters of a political party. A non-member of the party has no locus to raise the issue and no member of the party who was not an aspirant can raise the issue. See Section 87(9)(a) of the Electoral Act (supra).

This Court has made many pronouncements on who has the locus to challenge the conduct of a primary election. See the case of Daniel v. INEC (2015) 9 NWLR (Pt. 1463) page 113 at 155-157. In the most recent of the plethora of cases on the point, Okoro JSC, speaking for the Court said, inter alia:

"... Only an aspirant at the primary election is permitted by Section 87(9) of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) to challenge the selection or nomination of a person for an elective office. Apart from an aspirant who took part in the primary election, no other person is authorised to file an action to challenge the selection or nomination of a candidate by a political party for an election."

See the Judgment in SC.907/2015 (not yet reported) delivered by this Court on Friday, 8th January, 2016.

The proper venue for such challenge is the High Court of a State, the Federal High Court or the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, as the party filing the action may choose. As I said earlier, the appellant is a member of the PDP, not APC and even if he is a member of the APC, he would have no locus to challenge the nomination of the 1st Respondent as he is not one of the aspirants who participated in the primary election.

In my view, appellant is a meddlesome interloper who, having assumed the role of a hired mourner, is crying more than the bereaved.[/b]

The above is from the supreme court my friend in tarzoor vs ortom 2016 supra.how dare you compare adeyeye to the supreme court? What is your problem? Please stop talking nonsense.

Shut up, read the supreme Court judgement of Friday on Ondo state Gubernatorial election. You are arguing blindly on wat u kmw nothing about...check the screenshot below, did u knw more than festos Keyamo and that professor Adeyeye who is former senator. ..

Read down the line of the screenshot and see wat former PPA presidential candidate said about APC on Anambra election, the Constitution is clear yet some of u guys think u can use logic to blend the law. Again go and read the verdict of the judgement before u talk blindly. What ordinary primary two pupil will understand easily.

Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2021
Whada:

He is either deliberately trying to twist the facts, or he's simply too daft to understand. His analogies are usually out of point and I keep imagining how advanced his overall thinking capacity is

I think I'll go for the latter
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by Duru009(m): 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2021
APC is a time bomb...... Thy won't last the next seven months ,

Bookmark here....
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by garfield1: 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
anigbajumo:

Shut up, read the supreme Court judgement of Friday on Ondo state Gubernatorial election. You are arguing blindly on wat u kmw nothing about...check the screenshot below, did u knw more than festos Keyamo and that professor Adeyeye who is former senator. ..

Read down the line of the screenshot and see wat former PPA presidential candidate said about APC on Anambra election, the Constitution is clear yet some of u guys think u can use logic to blend the law. Again go and read the verdict of the judgement before u talk blindly. What ordinary primary two pupil will understand easily.

You are the one talking blindly my boy.am simply wasting my time with you.just ask any lawyer around you to help you.lete attempt to help you for the last time. ..

Pdp questioned why a governor will sign the nomination form of a candidate....it did not question the chairmanship of governor buni....the supreme court said buni as a governor can not sign the nomination form of any candidate.in implication,it means that his chairmanship of apc is illegal and it is illegal to occupy another office while being a governor...he also signed the nomination form of uba which means uba may be in trouble if pdp goes to court.

Now,the buni committee have planned a national congress to elect a new APC exco before the end of this year.by December,apc will have a new chairman who is not holding another office so pdp cannot go to court again.my boy,do you understand?
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by anigbajumo(m): 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

You are the one talking blindly my boy.am simply wasting my time with you.just ask any lawyer around you to help you.lete attempt to help you for the last time. ..

Pdp questioned why a governor will sign the nomination form of a candidate....it did not question the chairmanship of governor buni....the supreme court said buni as a governor can not sign the nomination form of any candidate.in implication,it means that his chairmanship of apc is illegal and it is illegal to occupy another office while being a governor...he also signed the nomination form of uba which means uba may be in trouble if pdp goes to court.

Now,the buni committee have planned a national congress to elect a new APC exco before the end of this year.by December,apc will have a new chairman who is not holding another office so pdp cannot go to court again.my boy,do you understand?

Lol, u refer me to u as ur boy...very laughable. The planning ongress will produce the position of the party escos that will nominate party candidate in the next election so they can go to court to question the legality of those excos. You don't read, that's ur problem. Go and read Keyamo memo and educate urself.
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by sosereal201(m): 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2021
fergie001:

SECTION 183
The Governor shall not, during the period when he holds office, hold any other Executive Office or paid employment in any capacity whatsoever.

I wonder why this Malami turns English upsidedown even a primary 4 student will understand clearly what the constitution says. Must he manipulate everything?
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by fergie001: 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
sosereal201:
I wonder why this Malami turns English upsidedown even a primary 4 student will understand clearly what the constitution says. Must he manipulate everything?
That's his way.... bamboozle everything because he is Minister.

Mtchew...It is not forever sha.
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by megidax: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
Cracks In Buhari Government As Attorney-General Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership

http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/31/cracks-buhari-government-attorney-general-malami-counters-keyamo-over-apc-leadership

Malami, so what you're saying now is that your reasoning and arguments are superior to that of the justices of the Supreme Court. You have the audacity to constitute yourself into a final decision making body. Why then don't you just join the bench? You belong to the Executive. The judiciary, which in a system of separation of powers have the function to pronounce on such matters, have spoken. But you want to be the Executive/Judiciary both rolled in one. In what civilized jurisdiction is that ever done?

Many of your reasonings and arguments betray your cosmetic knowledge of the law. Am sorry to say that after listening to you a couple of times, I have come to the irrevocable conclusion that you lack the capacity to reason like a legal mind. How can you compare the chairmanship of a political party to the Governors Forum.? If the governors have a forum, is it a carpenter that will be their chairman? I also heard the other day you compared the ban on open grazing by southern governors to the possible ban of selling vehicle spare parts in the north. I advise you to lie low for a while in order not to continue to expose your shallow thinking.

Keyamo has told you the truth and the reasonable course of action in view of the Supreme Court judgment. If you like ignore him. But when the problem starts for your party, you cannot claim nobody told you.
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by garfield1: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
anigbajumo:

Lol, u refer me to u as ur boy...very laughable. The planning ongress will produce the position of the party escos that will nominate party candidate in the next election so they can go to court to question the legality of those excos. You don't read, that's ur problem. Go and read Keyamo memo and educate urself.

You almost got it but failed as usual.once a new exco is onboard,pdp cannot question them my boy.no other party can.only apc members can do that ohhhhhhhh
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by anigbajumo(m): 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

You almost got it but failed as usual.once a new exco is onboard,pdp cannot question them my boy.no other party can.only apc members can do that ohhhhhhhh

You still don't get it, The legality of the Congress by caretaker chairman is questionable coz it does not recognized in APC constitution, if it's recognize pls show me in their constitution....No room for caretaker chairman in APC constitution.

I still say it and say it again, APC might be doom in this case coz they av shown a leakage for PDP to capitalize on. It's just a matter of time, ur eyes will clear soon. Am not either APC or PDP member am just saying eat the law says.
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

So your point is that APC will commit political suicide not that it will be killed by PDP?
What difference does that make exactly
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by garfield1: 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2021
anigbajumo:

You still don't get it, The legality of the Congress by caretaker chairman is questionable coz it does not recognized in APC constitution, if it's recognize pls show me in their constitution....No room for caretaker chairman in APC constitution.

I still say it and say it again, APC might be doom in this case coz they av shown a leakage for PDP to capitalize on. It's just a matter of time, ur eyes will clear soon. Am not either APC or PDP member am just saying eat the law says.

You are the one missing the point.the exco might be illegal but pdp or other parties cannot take it to court.only apc members can oh...another party can question the candidate of another on all matters except internal party affairs oh...what is your problem
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by anigbajumo(m): 7:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

You are the one missing the point.the exco might be illegal but pdp or other parties cannot take it to court.only apc members can oh...another party can question the candidate of another on all matters except internal party affairs oh...what is your problem

Really, how was Zamfara and Rivers won in a blatter of gold by PDP...You know more than me or festos Keyamo (SAN)?? Her eyes will soon open it's just a matter of time.

I still shown u the screenshot of this same issue on live program yet u seems not to understand..just chillax for some time
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by garfield1: 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2021
anigbajumo:

Really, how was Zamfara and Rivers won in a blatter of gold by PDP...You know more than me or festos Keyamo?? Her eyes will soon open it's just a matter of time.

Zamfara and rivers was lost because apc took itself to court not pdp.get it right please.only apc can go to court not pdp.is comprehension a problem for you?
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by anigbajumo(m): 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

Zamfara and rivers was lost because apc took itself to court not pdp.get it right please.only apc can go to court not pdp.is comprehension a problem for you?

Ok, on wat file does PDP filed their case, Oga try to be reading Verdict of judgement. U are just arguing blindly. I av no strength to keep educating u on wats not hard to assimilate. Goodnight.
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by garfield1: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
anigbajumo:

Ok, on wat file does PDP filed their case, Oga try to be reading Verdict of judgement. U are just arguing blindly. I av no strength to keep educating u on wats not hard to assimilate. Goodnight.

The funny thing is that you are the one disgracing yourself and arguing blindly.if you rear the judgment in rivers and zamfara,you will see that it is apc vs apc.pdp were never a party nor part of that case.you need to read are.are you even ok?
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by anigbajumo(m): 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

The funny thing is that you are the one disgracing yourself and arguing blindly.if you rear the judgment in rivers and zamfara,you will see that it is apc vs apc.pdp were never a party nor part of that case.you need to read are.are you even ok?

You are talking absolutely nonsense, on wat ground does PDP filed their case in those two state yet u can't anz but beating around the bush. Right now as am typing, Muiz Banire (SAN) is saying exactly my point on politics today on channels TV. Let me quote it as he says" The Congress of APC is reckless because of the supreme Court judgement "

Did u knw more than these people, Keyamo and Muiz banire who were SAN. I talk about Politics with fact not with emotions.
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by garfield1: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2021
anigbajumo:

You are talking absolutely nonsense, on wat ground does PDP filed their case in those two state yet u can't anz but beating around the bush. Right now as am typing, Muiz Banire (SAN) is saying exactly my point on politics today on channels TV. Let me quote it as he says" The Congress of APC is reckless because of the supreme Court judgement "

Did u knw more than these people, Keyamo and Muiz banire who were SAN. I talk about Politics with fact not with emotions.

You are talking pure rubbish.what a fellow.pdp never filed a case in those two states against apc.go and sleep boy
Re: Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership by anigbajumo(m): 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2021
garfield1:

You are talking pure rubbish.what a fellow.pdp never filed a case in those two states against apc.go and sleep boy

Oya see urself naked here

He said if indeed the Supreme Court ruled that Governor Buni’s position as APC caretaker committee chairman is illegal and he shouldn’t have signed Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s forms, then any action was taken by the committee and the ones that will be taken in the future will be considered illegal.

“Nobody has seen the full judgment of the Supreme Court, the expectation is that by tomorrow, the certified true copy will be released for people to digest and now be able to make informed decision and opinion. In such circumstances, why will they be proved with the congress?”
“ Why are they in a hurry to do something which eventually might end up being calamitous? If eventually, it is the truth that the Supreme Court came to the conclusion unanimously for that matter that Governor Buni ought not to have signed any of the nomination papers of Governor Akeredolu, the same thing will apply to the congress they are doing”.

https://www.nairaland.com/6680612/caretaker-committee-internal-implosion-apc

I don't knw why u fund it hard to understand basic things, if u can't understand me since morning I hope u can see now thaty point is tantamount to wat SAN said here. Goodnight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Stand With Nigeria" Protest In Lagos (videos, photos) / The Babajide Sanwo-Olu App On Playstore Mocked By Nigerians / Pictures Of Charles Soludo And His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.