Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) (67462 Views)

Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog / Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) / Young Girl Lands In A Hospital After Being Bitten By A Venomous Snake. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by dontbothermuch: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2021
irony:
What are the first aid treatments needed in this situation and is there any local remedy to snake bites? These are the things I want to hear please.
Reply if you have answers to the queries I have outlined.
No local remedy. When the snake was slightly injured, it opened it's mouth, exposing it's teeth instead of fangs, then I knew I was at the safer path. I pick it up & it turned & bit me out of defense. I am ok.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by fotadmowmend(m): 8:56am On Aug 03, 2021
dontbothermuch:

No local remedy. When the snake was slightly injured, it opened it's mouth, exposing it's teeth instead of fangs, then I knew I was at the safer path. I pick it up & it turned & bit me out of defense. I am ok.
Says who.... Bitter kola works well for snake bites
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by etrange: 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ofadaman:

Hey, you talk too much ,here is a study from national geography.

Not everything works at gene level some are already built into the species, but their diet doesn't allow them develop it. We are all product of evolution.

Like I said, if you don't show us the bite wounds, I do not believe you, you're only driving attention to brag about how much you know about snakes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/article/the-snake-that-eats-toads-to-steal-their-poison

You're already gearing up for a fight. If you not, you would have known I'm not the OP but a passerby amazed by your submission.

Now if you read my comment you quoted:
Wow... I didn't know this. Did you say "develop"? How? Any link to support this, please?

First, non venomous snake developing venoms after eating anything is like a man getting pregnant after making up. It's impossible because neither of the two has the biological buildup for those. The snake mentioned in the article you shared is classified as a venomous snake and it has all the characteristics of one. It has the glands and the transportation system to. It is not a non venomous snake that developed venom. It a venomous snake that gets its venom from an external source.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Ofadaman(m): 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
etrange:

You're already gearing up for a fight. If you not, you would have known I'm not the OP but a passerby amazed by your submission.

Now if you read my comment you quoted:

First, non venomous snake developing venoms after eating anything is like a man getting pregnant after making up. It's impossible because neither of the two has the biological buildup for those. The snake mentioned in the article you shared is classified as a venomous snake and it has all the characteristics of one. It has the glands and the transportation system to. It is not a non venomous snake that developed venom. It a venomous snake that gets its venom from an external source.

Can you even hear yourself,

"Venomous snake that get it's venom from an external source".

So If it's a venomous snake why does it need to get it's venom from external source?. I'm not even sure you read the link at all, be open to learning and don't close your mind when you're wrong, instead just learn and be better
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by etrange: 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ofadaman:

Can you even hear yourself,

"Venomous snake that get it's venom from an external source".

So If it's a venomous snake why does it need to get it's venom from external source?. I'm not even sure you read the link at all, be open to learning and don't close your mind when you're wrong, instead just learn and be better

Dude, take correction and stop embarrassing yourself. The tiger keelback is a venomous snake. Whether it manufactures its venom or gets it from an external source does not make less a venomous snake.

Contrary to your post, it is not a non venomous snake that develops venom after eating toads. A non venomous snake cannot develop, store or transport venoms even if it eat only toads all its life because it does not have the body organs for any of those. The ability to retain and transmit venom has to do with the physiology of the animal.

Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Ofadaman(m): 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
etrange:

Dude, take correction and stop embarrassing yourself. The tiger keelback is a venomous snake. Whether it manufactures its venom or gets it from an external source does not make less a venomous snake.

Contrary to your post, it is not a non venomous snake that develops venom after eating toads. Non venomous snake cannot develop, store or transport venoms because they do not have the body organs for any of those.

Another lazy analogy and pictures,

Why do people think that by posting picture and links you can confuse or make a point, you making reference to a snake species that produces its own venom?.

You fallen into the path of frequency illusion, a combine case of selective attention and confirmation bias.
You've not gone searching for non venomous snakes that can build up Venum from consunming poisonous diets, or snakes whose Venum comes from their diet, you instead went to search out the opposite, just to confirm your bias.
Like I said , open up your mind to reason and thoughts, don't lose knowledge because of pride.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by etrange: 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ofadaman:

Another lazy analogy and pictures,

Why do people think that by posting picture and links you can confuse or make a point, you making reference to a snake species that produces its own venom?.

You fallen into the path of frequency illusion, a combine case of selective attention and confirmation bias.
You've not gone searching for non venomous snakes that can build up Venum from consunming poisonous diets, or snakes whose Venum comes from their diet, you instead went to search out the opposite, just to confirm your bias.
Like I said , open up your mind to reason and thoughts, don't lose knowledge because of pride.

I did not search for anything other the the exact snake mentioned in the article you shared yourself. It seems you didn't even read what you shared. Otherwise, you would have known that's where the tiger keelback came from. You've just run around without really making any point. A non venomous snake does not become venomous based on what it eats. Snakes that can produce or store venoms are classified as venomous as they have the body organs required for that as well as the characteristics. It's as simple as that. Don't argue to win, argue to learn.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Umaruxoxo(m): 7:15am On Aug 07, 2021
Op how far ?u still de alive?
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Virus99: 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
Umaruxoxo:
Op how far ?u still de alive?

The baba don payin this afternoon... grin
You no see him news for front page ?
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by nizelgirl(f): 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
Op. Don't joke with your life. Still seek medical treatment. One of my Aunt's once had a dog scratch on her hand she didn't take the case serious because according to her it was not painful but today she is history, after a month of living with no pain from the dog scratch the case became an emergency and she barked like a dog and died.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by JoeBazz(m): 7:36am On Dec 23, 2023
Is this person bitten by non venomous snake alive?
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by nicho450(m): 11:20am On Dec 30, 2023
JoeBazz:
Is this person bitten by non venomous snake alive?

I am waiting for his response along with you

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Guys Please What Kind Of Growth Is This?! / Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) / How To Get Clear White Eyes Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.