Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,673 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones (23826 Views)

Convention: APC Governors Propose Feb 26, Al-makura, Musa Lead Chairman Race / South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control / Lagos To Get Special Courts For Traffic Offenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by AfonjaConehead: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
jneutron4000:
hahaha so the typographical error sweet you well so tey you forget the message. Anyway I know na iyammiri you be
If I nor be nyamiri nko?

grin

GBOSA chairman baaaaahahahahahahhaahaaaaa!!!!! grin grin grin

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by AfonjaConehead: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
jneutron4000:
Exactly, Yoruba is pushing for what SS region ought to be champion for, na SS region dey suffer pass.

Another GBOSA!!!!!! cheesy grin
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Gambit23: 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2021
cocolacec:

This is not true:Berom,Junkun,Tiv,Nupe ,Gwari,Baribas,Kanuris of the North will vote along the south governors ideas if they are educated along the merits of such especially with the calamity Fulani had caused in their. Regions.

'"Berom,Junkun,Tiv,Nupe ,Gwari,Baribas,Kanuris of the North will vote along the south governors""

We re yet to witness them voting alongside southern senators.

For now they are withd core nortg
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Gambit23: 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2021
Sincinnati:
I careless about the middle-belt.

What if it’s a Fulani or compromised southerner is the sitting President, what executive powers is going to invoke on 120,000,000 people?

Your last paragraph is a joke!

When the federal house of reps n senate submit whatever bill to the d fulani or hausa president, He will simply refuse to sign it so that it can become law.

If any state breaks th Nigerian constitution by refusing to give FG whatever revenue stipulated by the law, the president will just declare marital law, remove the governor and appoint a soldier as an interim governor
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Sincinnati: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2021
Gambit23:

When the federal house of reps n senate submit whatever bill to the d fulani or hausa president, He will simply refuse to sign it so that it can become law.

If any state breaks th Nigerian constitution by refusing to give FG whatever revenue stipulated by the law, the president will just declare marital law, remove the governor and appoint a soldier as an interim governor
Yeah, the President will declare martial law and remove 17 governors simultaneously.
Nonsense!!!
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by uBuNiT: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
143WaZoBia:

grin. I’ve been waiting for you to get emotional. No we don’t support evil. We are just right thinking people. Lol. See somebody that worship NK that’s talking about MURIC. Have you ever seen any Yoruba man give Ishaq any credence? We don’t insult him, we don’t applaud him, we just know he doesn’t speak for us, matter of fact it is you people that gives him attention not us. Like you said if he’s from your region you would have sent him into exile but we don’t do that here. “Omo e ni o kin buru ka fi f’ekun pa je” Will you even understand if I explain? The NK that’s fighting for you people is on his own fighting for his life in DSS custody. See the way northerners are fighting to protect Kyari? I was waiting for you to mention Ishaq. Lol. Ishaq has the right to air his opinion we are in democracy.

We are not lilly livered but we don’t make chaos when it’s not necessary that’s why your people can trust us enough to invest their lives here, how many businesses does your people have in the East compared to West? It’s our sanity. How many Yoruba man do you see in the East? How many foreign investors does your East atttact? You will say you are tapping opportunity, the people giving you the opportunity you so much love to hate. If I school you from now until the kingdom come you will still argue.

I would have gone into history with you but you don’t have history.
By the way you don’t need to get emotional.
You brought hate to this thread that’s why I’ve been busy responding to you. Instead of you to learn from what the thread is about so that your people and your future can move forward you brought hate into the thread. Later you people will say they hate igbos. Am I supposed to kiss you when you constantly attack my people? Anyways go and sleep, you are already emotional telling me to shut up.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Gambit23: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
Sincinnati:
Yeah, the President will declare martial law and remove 17 governors simultaneously.
Nonsense!!!

He will remove any governor that breaks the law by refusing the remit monies to the centre.

THE NUMBER OF STATE DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING.

It's like u dont know anything about Nigeria
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by NSK4U(m): 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
They're still saying restructuring which is what every region but the North has been asking for.....

.......we can't continue asking for items in restructuring bits by bits like this......we need everything in wholistic measure..... regional police/security, regional electoral body, regional control of resources, regional ministry of health, education, etc.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by DCatt: 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
This is how people who want to be independent do it, not by only mouth as you do it.

When "southwest" has so much power and just now learning to use it, it should scare the hell out of the parasites with the scream of "are you the only one" since like dogs they live off of what falls from other's hands.

Y'all only want democracy with mouth but deep down love tyranny.

Scottish don't take their case to supreme court in England neither is Georgia taking it's own to New York. Every region or state has its own supreme court.
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

Wait, I want to ask something, are the South West the only regions in this country

I expect South South (Esp oil producing states) to be championing this (geopolitical governance) more than Any region.

2 Likes

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by wink2015(m): 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
South West Governor should fight for restructuring instead of piecemeal issue that will only delay the progress of the southern part of Nigeria.

If it is the core north that is blessed with crude oil other mineral resources they will long before now established restructuring.

They will have approved RESTRUCTURING. for the core north without seeking the co-operation of other region d
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by DCatt: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
Having own supreme court is part of restructuring and no it has nothing to do with the "south" our struggles are different from yours.
wink2015:
South West Governor should fight for restructuring instead of piecemeal issue that will only delay the progress of the southern part of Nigeria.

If it is the core north that is blessed with crude oil other mineral resources they will long before now established restructuring.

They will have approved RESTRUCTURING. for the core north without seeking the co-operation of other region d
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by eplanning: 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

Wait, I want to ask something, are the South West the only regions in this country

I expect South South (Esp oil producing states) to be championing this (geopolitical governance) more than Any region.

With Edwin Clark as the supposed spokesman, their slavery to Fulani is already stamped and sealed. They are very loyal to Fulani One Nigeria.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Deadlytruth(m): 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2021
WibusJaga:

It's always a challenge for SS to come together as one because of so many ethnic nationalities within.
I don't think it is due to their ethnic plurality. It is more of the fact that their governors are mostly directionless and the natives themselves are always too preoccupied with Hausafulani domination accusations. When their own son Jonathan was in power there were countless solidarity visits to him by different SS groups and none of those visits was about reminding Jonathan the need to sponsor a bill for the resource control they had been mouthing prior to Jonathan's presidency. All they concerned themselves with was how and why Jonathan must be allowed to complete his two terms in order to balance the power equation as if that was more important than the need to use that opportunity to once and for all address the resource control question.

2 Likes

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by DabFrankNG: 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2021
With regional government, actualization of Oduduwa nation is 80% done.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by King44(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

I don't know if I should call those ones back benchers
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Wickedfact: 10:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
Gambit23:

I don't know how best to address your ignorance of the law, but at least let me start from the basics.

If the President refuses to assent to a Bill, the Bill can be passed by a two-third majority of the National assembly and it becomes law.
The President lacks the power to declare martial law in any state or federating unit. Obasanjo that tried it last used a repealed 1963 Law. The Supreme Court has declared the act illegal.
So, get proper knowledge of the law before you make bold but ignorant claims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Oleys: 10:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
How come only the south west governors are feeling my vibes.

The only way out of Nigeria's political problem is federalism and or any of its form. There is no way this unitary structure will work for a heterogeneous Nigeria. The fear of political domination is real, it is the major cause of this tension we are experiencing,

The earlier we accept this fact, the better
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by orisa37: 5:33am On Aug 02, 2021
cocolacec:

36 state structure is fulani created,we want regional autonomy like after independence as agreed by our founding fathers.Britain and many European countries practise regional govt.Ghana and South Africa practise the same system of govt.

THE IGBOS WANTED ONE NIGERIA INITIALLY.

THE YORUBAS GOT THE CofO FOR GO ON WITH ONE NIGERIA.

THE FULANIS SCATTERED IT TO 36 AND NOW PLOT TO SELL THE 36 TO THE SAHEL.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by kingsceedon(m): 6:34am On Aug 02, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

Fat Buffoon Asari Dokubo don sold them to Hausa Fulanis, they no get mouth again for ZOOGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 02, 2021
uBuNiT:

I am not interested in your ancestors because they are nobody. I give you chance to study me because I worth studying and today the whole world are reading about NDIGBO

You mean NDIGBOLUGI?
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by uBuNiT: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

You mean NDIGBOLUGI?
Arindin
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 02, 2021
uBuNiT:

Arindin

Showing your id card.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by uBuNiT: 12:28pm On Aug 02, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Showing your id card.
As olofo wey u be
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by smartNerd: 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2021
I have learned over the years that when one’s
mind is made up, this diminishes fear. -- Rosa
Parks

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900158_dearpastthank_jpeg_jpegdb11b56dcd31f27e7abf4625978d6c01
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Gambit23: 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
Wickedfact:

I don't know how best to address your ignorance of the law, but at least let me start from the basics.

If the President refuses to assent to a Bill, the Bill can be passed by a two-third majority of the National assembly and it becomes law.
The President lacks the power to declare martial law in any state or federating unit. Obasanjo that tried it last used a repealed 1963 Law. The Supreme Court has declared the act illegal.
So, get proper knowledge of the law before you make bold but ignorant claims.

Read and have sense.

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Wickedfact: 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
Gambit23:

Read and have sense.

Go and ask your father to read and have sense, dumb bandit.

If your mother breastfed you, your brain would have developed properly for you to know that we don't have a 'Congress' in Nigeria. Yet, yo are using a screenshot of the American Constitution to argue constitutional issues in Nigeria. You are very talented in stupidity.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2021
Bobbyjay001:

your location and number?

09014566031 call or Whatsapp

Ikeja computer VILLAGE
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Gambit23: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2021
Wickedfact:

Go and ask your father to read and have sense, dumb bandit.

If your mother breastfed you, your brain would have developed properly for you to know that we don't have a 'Congress' in Nigeria. Yet, yo are using a screenshot of the American Constitution to argue constitutional issues in Nigeria. You are very talented in stupidity.

U are a very very great aggressive mumu, It takes a daft person to type this rubbish...In nigeria the senate and federal house of reps is called NASS while in USA both are called Congress.

Are that deluded that u do not know that Nigeria copied the USA basic constitution. Okpo ngaji.

Go and bring whatever trash u have and counter my claims, instead of making animal noises online.

THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA HAS THE POWER TO REFUSE SIGNING ANY FORM OF DOCUMENT COMMITTED TO HIM BY THE NASS....U either bring ur own proof or U can argue all u like
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Bobbyjay001(m): 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2021
tolakush92:

09014566031 call or Whatsapp
Ikeja computer VILLAGE
OK
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Gambit23: 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2021
Wickedfact:

Bandit23 or whatever you call your foolish self, you must have inherited strong genes of stupidity from both parents.

The US constitution makes the VP the head of the Senate and empowers the VP to give a casting vote, is that the same here?
Your parents should have used you as firewood, oloriburuku masanfani omo ewúré.

Nigerian president can refuse to sign any bill and u cannot do shit about it except rant with red pen.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Wickedfact: 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2021
Gambit23:
Nigerian president can refuse to sign any bill and u cannot do shit about it except rant with red pen.

I'm not surprised you can't understand, you are a daft bandit without basic understanding of how the law operates.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DSS, Police Petitioned Over Plan To Stage Protest Against Buhari / Peter Obi's Achievements In Rural Areas In Anambra That Isn't Talked Much About / State Governors Sacked By Court So Far And Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.