Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,107 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones (23787 Views)

Convention: APC Governors Propose Feb 26, Al-makura, Musa Lead Chairman Race / South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control / Lagos To Get Special Courts For Traffic Offenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by onuman: 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

Wait, I want to ask something, are the South West the only regions in this country

I expect South South (Esp oil producing states) to be championing this (geopolitical governance) more than Any region.

The oil producing Southsouth is made up of different ethnic groups that can hardly sing in one tune.

Each time a few people from there rise for resource control, they are either neutralized by bribery or humiliated out like Alamiesigha and Ibori .

Some of them are paid off to sing: we in the ss no be part of Biafra. The singers know full well that Niger Delta Republic is not possible from Nigeria. So they are singing for the status quo to remain.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by atonement12: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
Frenchkiss564:
Kudos to south west governors as usual.

Why must all cases be referred to a supreme court in Abuja where judges learned in Islamic law call the shot?

The south west is already working on having a uniform high court laws, add the supreme court to the mix and we will achieve organic restructuring.

"Organic restructuring"- Nice one! smiley

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by 143WaZoBia: 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2021
uBuNiT:

Keep fucking yourself inbetween laps.
What is the meaning of "yooba ti gbabode" ? No be una dey talk am ? If I ask you now "what do you think is yoruba fate in far future?" you have no single idea. Yoruba just dey ground like cow shit, no ligacy for their coming generation
There’s no such as word as “Yooba ti gbabode” nigga. But I can tell you the new meaning of Sabo and it originated from igboland!
Tell me an equivalent of Joe Igbokwe in Yorubaland the list is long for you though.
Just rest your case.
You are hating on a thread that’s discussing Yoruba fate in the nearest future while you are still trying to overcome the Sabos in your region.

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Jeetech01(m): 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2021
Great idea coming from the southwest governors forum.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by correctyourself(m): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2021
omoolokunEsin:

Naughty you! I will tell the Senator how much you hate him in spite of his Distinguished status grin grin grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by uBuNiT: 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2021
143WaZoBia:

There’s no such as word as “Yooba ti gbabode” nigga. But I can tell you the new meaning of Sabo and it originated from igboland!
Tell me an equivalent of Joe Igbokwe in Yorubaland the list is long for you though.
Just rest your case.
You are hating on a thread that’s discussing Yoruba fate in the nearest future while you are still trying to overcome the Sabos in your region.

For telling me that that thing joe igbokwe is irritating to you also, I forgive all your sins. No fun intended
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Sincinnati: 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

Wait, I want to ask something, are the South West the only regions in this country

I expect South South (Esp oil producing states) to be championing this (geopolitical governance) more than Any region.
Omo, them say give honor to who it’s due.

I cut cap for the Yorubas with this move.
Anyway, let’s see how far they push for it and if Governors of other Southern states joins in this tactical and intelligent move.

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Gambit23: 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

SS or Niger delta does not exist.

That's why they dont speak about anything together.

IGBOS av Nnamdi Kanu fighting for their freedom.

Yorubas have Igboho fighting for their freedom.

And no one is fighting for SS freedom...for obvious reasons.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Gambit23: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2021
Sincinnati:
Omo, them say give honor to who it’s due.

I cut cap for the Yorubas with this move.
Anyway, let’s see how far they push for it and if Governors of other Southern states joins in this tactical and intelligent move.

North has 57 senators and south has 52 senators.....Its almost impossible for the south to get 2/3 majority (i.e get 73 senators) needed to make any significant change thru the senate, same applies to the federal house of reps.

If u understand this fact, u will understand why IGBOs have kept saying that Nigeria will never work, thus they agitate for an exit.

The sooner the yorubas understand this,the better for them
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Omoluabi1stborn: 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2021
Gambit23:

North has 57 senators and south has 52 senators.....Its almost impossible for the south to get 2/3 majority (i.e get 73 senators) needed to make any significant change thru the senate, same applies to the federal house of reps.

If u understand this fact, u will understand why IGBOs have kept saying that Nigeria will never work, thus they agitate for an exit.

Yoruba still have 3 plus 1 senator in north central they can lobby him

2 Likes

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by michoim(m): 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nonsense. Waste of resources in the midst of scarcity. Not the right time. Block head SW governors.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by amanze2020(m): 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nice idea. Reasoning oil still dey your brain.

festacman:
While we await the politics and politicking that will follow constitutional amendment, why can't the geopolitical zones especially SW, SE and SS begin regional cooperation with low-hanging fruits:
- Regional economic development plans and activities for cooperation and integration among member states. Programs that will boost agricultural production in line potentials of member states, small business development programs, etc
- Regional sports competitions to harness gifted youths to give them a head-start in life
- Regional football leagues to harness talented youths to use to become professionals
- etc etc

I am sure if these activities and more were already taking place at Southern geopolitical zones, the Northern zones would have begun their own, which would have ultimately made the case for restructuring easier to pursue.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Sincinnati: 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
Gambit23:

So the South can’t lobby the senators of North Central? Do they even need to be lobbied? Situation on ground demands they align with the proposal without hesitation.

In a scenario they act too foolish not to align, there must be a compromise or the Southern Leaders will shun Abuja and refuse to remit revenues to the National purse.
Let’s assume it plays out like this, what choice do you think the Northern leaders have?

And who and who among the Igbos have been saying Nigeria would never work?
Nnamdi Kanu and Emma Powerful?
We Igbos have 15 senators and 5 governors which of them are you talking about?

Until we understand that we can’t fight against a constituted authority with fugitives like Kanu while our own people in authority feigns ignorance we will never achieve independence.

Kanu had the golden opportunity but he foolishly missed it, now the North see how much influence he wields, they would never want to release him again.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Sleekfingers: 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2021
cocolacec:

https://punchng.com/south-west-govs-propose-supreme-courts-for-geopolitical-zones/

thats good.......

But all southwest governors should do something about food security.......invest more in farming........we got very fertile lands in the southwest......and let us stop waiting for food from the north........

Oyo and osun state can feed the entire southwest conveniently.....and also export to other countries or states.....

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by hibeebeeking: 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2021
They are now waking up. A very much welcome idea. It very expedient.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Frenchkiss564: 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2021
harjay1986:

aboki will say no to this..... we try to market a cloud server to one norther company na so the man say we wan save something to the cloud what if it rain everything go destroy

grin grin

Are you serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by tymicjay77: 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
festacman:
While we await the politics and politicking that will follow constitutional amendment, why can't the geopolitical zones especially SW, SE and SS begin regional cooperation with low-hanging fruits:
- Regional economic development plans and activities for cooperation and integration among member states. Programs that will boost agricultural production in line potentials of member states, small business development programs, etc
- Regional sports competitions to harness gifted youths to give them a head-start in life
- Regional football leagues to harness talented youths to use to become professionals
- etc etc

I am sure if these activities and more were already taking place at Southern geopolitical zones, the Northern zones would have begun their own, which would have ultimately made the case for restructuring easier to pursue.
You made a good point here, but the governors from SS and SE are busy betraying themselves over crumps. Dnt get me wrong I m from SS ., The way things are going SS and SE are not straight forward and calculative . They are too arrogant to summit for each other opinion. They feel too proud to even sit together on one table to discuss issue bothering their region.
That is why that region will continue to be oppressed. It only pain me that the greedy politicians at the top of affair in the region are guided by the poor mass they enslaved and betrayed
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Onyxberyl: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
The other ones especially my SE brodas still have bubu's blokos inside their mouths. So, you see why they've not been talking.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by pacespot(m): 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
Fact, omo igbos will still come here and say rubbish about how Yoruba's are Fulani's slaves, but it is the same Yoruba's making hard-hitting efforts to restructure the country. In fact, the fact that Yoruba can tolerate igbos hate means they can live with anyone in this life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Ayomi90: 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
uBuNiT:

I know long time ago.

But I always hear "OMO JO IBO"

You ever heard "OMO JO YORUBA" ?

You all want to born pikin wey look like "ONYE IGBO"
I wish you luck
I never in my life love to born pikin with a flat head. Olorunmaje
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Sincinnati: 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Very important.

We have seen that the Judicial system in Nigeria is blind to crimes committed by Northerners.

How can the NPF and Army not have arrested a single Fulani Herdsmen. Yet, they have killed almost 50,000 people in the past 6 years.

Does it not baffle you people? Not even one arrested and charged to court.

No single one. Daily they attack villages in broad day light and kill innocent farmers like Chicken.

State Police. State Judiciary. State INEC. Infact State President.

Far from that bro, far from that.

This proposal gives full credit and blames to every geopolitical zone for their good deeds and shortcomings.

Cases like Supreme Court Governor will no more be blamed on the President, the ruling party or the justices of other ethnic groups.

Na now I go know whether Igbos really mean what we have been yearning for for years.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Fortez: 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
Really
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by harjay1986: 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2021
Frenchkiss564:

grin grin

Are you serious

aboki and fulani are millenium years behind i swear
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Sincinnati: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2021
puremaker7:
you got fish's brain
Na fulani cow. Did you see any Igbo talking rubbish here?
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by harjay1986: 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2021
pacespot:
Fact, omo igbos will still come here and say rubbish about how Yoruba's are Fulani's slaves, but it is the same Yoruba's making hard-hitting efforts to restructure the country. In fact, the fact that Yoruba can tolerate igbos hate means they can live with anyone in this life.

just leave the half baked igbo alone was it not the same igbo that reject the inclusion of separaties law in Nigeria then constitution and later come to want it 6 years after ..... until they assume their wrong they will be going in circle without no headway .... yes as yoruba we have our own fault but we can still trace ours and make ammendment but just forget about the developers

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Litmus: 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2021
Bad idea that will lead to, 'jail Igbo we go jail hausa; you free Yoruba, we go free Fulani', judiciary and only infamous thieves, crooked politicians, bandits and militants will be the winners.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Gambit23: 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
Sincinnati:
So the South can’t lobby the senators of North Central? Do they even need to be lobbied? Situation on ground demands they align with the proposal without hesitation.

In a scenario they act too foolish not to align, there must be a compromise or the Southern Leaders will shun Abuja and refuse to remit revenues to the National purse.
Let’s assume it plays out like this, what choice do you think the Northern leaders have?

And who and who among the Igbos have been saying Nigeria would never work?
Nnamdi Kanu and Emma Powerful?
We Igbos have 15 senators and 5 governors which of them are you talking about?

Until we understand that we can’t fight against a constituted authority with fugitives like Kanu while our own people in authority feigns ignorance we will never achieve independence.

Kanu had the golden opportunity but he foolishly missed it, now the North see how much influence he wields, they would never want to release him again.

""Let’s assume it plays out like this, what choice do you think the Northern leaders have?""

This scenario will only work is a free southerner (not a stooge) sits as president.

Middle belt have about 18 senators and 18 NC senators + 52 southern senators = 70 senators, still less than.....And still there is no guarantee that all NC senators will agree.

Nigeria is a death trap (NIGERIA IS RIGGED IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT WILL NEVER WORK), the SOONER Yoruba citizens understand this, the better for everyone.

""We Igbos have 15 senators and 5 governors which of them are you talking about?""

ALL IGBO POLITICIANS & ALL IGBOS HAVE BEEN READY TO LEAVE NIGERIA SINCE 1966
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Wickedfact: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
SmartPolician:
Bad idea. If we do that, we are no longer a country guided by one constitution.

Was Sharia law part of the 1999 constitution?
Did the 1999 specify that the Supreme Court shall be in only the FCT?
The 1999 Constitution will be amended whether you guys like it or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Obamaofusa: 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
uBuNiT:

I know long time ago.

But I always hear "OMO JO IBO"

You ever heard "OMO JO YORUBA" ?

You all want to born pikin wey look like "ONYE IGBO"
I wish you luck

Born Ojukwu? God forbid.You are a known fulani terrorist...

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Sincinnati: 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
Gambit23:

""Let’s assume it plays out like this, what choice do you think the Northern leaders have?""

This scenario will only work is a free southerner (not a stooge) sits as president.

Middle belt have about 18 senators and 18 NC senators + 52 southern senators = 70 senators, still less than.....And still there is no guarantee that all NC senators will agree.

Nigeria is a death trap (NIGERIA IS RIGGED IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT WILL NEVER WORK), the SOONER Yoruba citizens understand this, the better for everyone.

""We Igbos have 15 senators and 5 governors which of them are you talking about?""

ALL IGBO POLITICIANS & ALL IGBOS HAVE BEEN READY TO LEAVE NIGERIA SINCE 1966
I careless about the middle-belt.

What if it’s a Fulani or compromised southerner is the sitting President, what executive powers is going to invoke on 120,000,000 people?

Your last paragraph is a joke!
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Litmus: 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
Listen carefully and you'll hear it in echoes from the future, the people in South crying in protests, "free the Ugbafor Rapists Gang now, the courts in the North frees bandits, why not us?'.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Sincinnati: 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2021
Wickedfact:

Was Sharia law part of the 1999 constitution?
Did the 1999 specify that the Supreme Court shall be in only the FCT?
The 1999 Constitution will be amended whether you guys like it or not.
Either it gets thoroughly amended or it gets abandoned.

The Fulanis can no longer dictate terms of life for more than 120,000,000 Southerners.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Afegbua Praises Wike, Says Okowa Betrayed Southern Governors / Lauretta Onochie Mocks FFK - "Jonathan & Southeast Leaders Have Denounced IPOB" / Obansanjo Is An Expired Politician- Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.