Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones (23789 Views)

Convention: APC Governors Propose Feb 26, Al-makura, Musa Lead Chairman Race / South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control / Lagos To Get Special Courts For Traffic Offenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by 27Pushing30: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
Very daft idea
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Gideon16(m): 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2021
Can those two guys making tribalist argument carry their argument out of here. You are just wasting precious space na.

6 Likes

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Kandeed: 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
uBuNiT:

I hear your cheering from the crowd; it contributes nothing to the match. Trophy is for the best player at the end.

Fact: World is giving attention to IGBOS. Why are yorubas wearing IPOB shirts in Europe today ?
Ask yourself "can Igbo man put on an Oduduwa T-shirt ?" that will be codescension

where are the pictures of Yorubas putting on Ipob shirt. stop reasoning like an illiterate when ur not. even if they did put it on which I'm sure they dint, it's cause of the coalition btwn Oduduwa and Biafra set by both Igboho n Kanu

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by godumes: 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
To your tenth oh Israel is the songs of my south east governors. South West amaka
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
Absolutely!
festacman:
While we await the politics and politicking that will follow constitutional amendment, why can't the geopolitical zones especially SW, SE and SS begin regional cooperation with low-hanging fruits:
- Regional economic development plans and activities for cooperation abd integration. Programs that will boost agricultural production in line potentials of member states, small business development programs, etc
- Regional ICT hubs and 'Silicon Valley'
- Regional sports competitions to harness gifted youths to have a head-start in life
- Regional football leagues to harness talented youths to use to become professionals
- etc etc

I am sure if these activities and more were already taking place at Southern geopolitical zones, the Northern zones would have begun their own, which would have ultimately made the case for restructuring easier to pursue.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Elliotwaveforec: 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
Each state has its own SC in the US, that's an element of good federalism.

2 Likes

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Elliotwaveforec: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
SmartPolician:
Bad idea. If we do that, we are no longer a country guided by one constitution.

Is US not a country?

2 Likes

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Zubydeangelo(m): 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2021
[quote author=cocolacec post=104310688]

https://punchng.com/south-west-govs-propose-supreme-courts-for-geopolitical-zones/ How can a country have *supreme courts*?
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by 143WaZoBia: 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2021
uBuNiT:

I know long time ago.

But I always hear "OMO JO IBO"

You ever heard "OMO JO YORUBA" ?

You all want to born pikin wey look like "ONYE IGBO"
I wish you luck

The word omo jo ibo is not polical to us. When we born a flat head we say ojo ibo. I have not met one Yoruba man that’s not proud of his origin but I’ve met IMO people that hate their own people and I can say the same about other of your states. Just chill bro. You are in a wrong argument. Yoruba as it is Is not your mate in all ramification but you can argue all you like. You are on your own hence.

5 Likes

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by weyreypey: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

Wait, I want to ask something, are the South West the only regions in this country

I expect South South (Esp oil producing states) to be championing this (geopolitical governance) more than Any region.

No be Bayelsa Dickson dey support 3% derivation to SS region?
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by harjay1986: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:

Is US not a country?

the guy is a Educated illiterate bandwagon..... the fail to understand change always stik to baba riga way of life
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by uBuNiT: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kandeed:

where are the pictures of Yorubas putting on Ipob shirt. stop reasoning like an illiterate when ur not. even if they did put it on which I'm sure they dint, it's cause of the coalition btwn Oduduwa and Biafra set by both Igboho n Kanu
Baba you sound as if we are in the church. That s nice but not good
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by AmazingELixir: 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

Wait, I want to ask something, are the South West the only regions in this country

I expect South South (Esp oil producing states) to be championing this (geopolitical governance) more than Any region.

Shebi you never hear of true federalism and resource control from south south region ni
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by anataala: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2021
Fear God and stop lies.
TarOrfeeek:
Very important.

We have seen that the Judicial system in Nigeria is blind to crimes committed by Northerners.

How can the NPF and Army not have arrested a single Fulani Herdsmen. Yet, they have killed almost 50,000 people in the past 6 years.

Does it not baffle you people? Not even one arrested and charged to court.

No single one. Daily they attack villages in broad day light and kill innocent farmers like Chicken.

State Police. State Judiciary. State INEC. Infact State President.

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by BusinessDream: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
Frenchkiss564:

Yes boss.

Each region must be allowed to grow at their pace. Enough of operating a single central processing unit.

There is a reason sophisticated computers have more than a CPU grin
I swear bro... but the North will fight to resist it!
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by mannobi(m): 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

When it comes to intelligence and proactiveness in this country, just give it to the yorubas. They are intelligently smart and act on time

6 Likes

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by skedospencer2g: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
God bless our governors.
You guys should advice Daru Dapo, Makinde and Oyetola to sit up.
you are not well , which one be Daru dapo bayi oooo
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by harjay1986: 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
Frenchkiss564:

Yes boss.

Each region must be allowed to grow at their pace. Enough of operating a single central processing unit.

There is a reason sophisticated computers have more than a CPU grin

aboki will say no to this..... we try to market a cloud server to one norther company na so the man say we wan save something to the cloud what if it rain everything go destroy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Jman06(m): 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
See how the southwest governors are smartly going about things while my southeast brothers are busy making noise about Biafra while electing dunces as leaders! I only pity the illiterate Igbos that end up as casualties when the Nigerian army descend on them!

Nor be by mouth! Na brain!

Kudos to the southwest governors!

3 Likes

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by walozanga(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
[quote author=Omoluabi1stborn post=104310724] cool cool cool

I expect South South (Esp oil producing states) to be championing this (geopolitical governance) more than Any region.[/quot]

My dear na just oil dey their head. They will never reason those direction
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Holyman3(m): 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool cool

The Greedy South South governor's are contented with the oil money they are strong from FG
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by ohosi4real(m): 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2021
saintjimos:
Where are my South south governors
Your south south governors are looking for vice president position
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by omoregie7968: 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
Brilliant

1 Like

Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Joetttimua1811(m): 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nice move
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by uBuNiT: 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2021
143WaZoBia:

The word omo jo ibo is not polical to us. When we born a flat head we say ojo ibo. I have not met one Yoruba man that’s not proud of his origin but I’ve met IMO people that hate their own people and I can say the same about other of your states. Just chill bro. You are in a wrong argument. Yoruba as it is Is not your mate in all ramification but you can argue all you like. You are on your own hence.

Keep fucking yourself inbetween laps.
What is the meaning of "yooba ti gbabode" ? No be una dey talk am ? If I ask you now "what do you think is yoruba fate in far future?" you have no single idea. Yoruba just dey ground like cow shit, no ligacy for their coming generation
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by onuman: 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2021
cocolacec:

https://punchng.com/south-west-govs-propose-supreme-courts-for-geopolitical-zones/

When you propose Geo-political zones structure but still have oil and gas proceeds and ports proceeds be shared among the Geo-political zones, the proposal makes no sense.
True and FISCAL FEDERALISM with Resource Control or split Nigeria via referendum.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Water9430(m): 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
cocolacec:

https://punchng.com/south-west-govs-propose-supreme-courts-for-geopolitical-zones/

I don't take this people serious again........after all said and done, when it comes to voting for or against the proposal, there law makers will still vote against it. Bunch of jokers
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
cocolacec:

This will further divide the country
Any Northern man that goes to the south will not get justice till he goes to his zone likewise the Southern man must only obtain justice from his geopolitical zone
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by wpadmin: 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2021
festacman:
While we await the politics and politicking that will follow constitutional amendment, why can't the geopolitical zones especially SW, SE and SS begin regional cooperation with low-hanging fruits:
- Regional economic development plans and activities for cooperation and integration among member states. Programs that will boost agricultural production in line potentials of member states, small business development programs, etc
- Regional sports competitions to harness gifted youths to have a head-start in life
- Regional football leagues to harness talented youths to use to become professionals
- etc etc

I am sure if these activities and more were already taking place at Southern geopolitical zones, the Northern zones would have begun their own, which would have ultimately made the case for restructuring easier to pursue.

Hmm, nice one.
Re: South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2021
correctyourself:
So that at the end of the Toilet! Or end of tonnel any how any how grin

Naughty you! I will tell the Senator how much you hate him in spite of his Distinguished status grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"These God Forsaken Human Beings Were Roaring": Seyilaw Blasts Obidients' / 15 Things Buhari Is Doing To Cut Down Cost Of Governance By Lauretta Onochie / Immunity Can't Stop Fayose's Prosecution- Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.