Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (3879 Views)

She Told Me She Was Engaged, Now She Wants Me To Marry Her / 46-year-old American Woman, Set To Marry Her 23-year-old Nigerian Lover / She Is Pregnant With Twins But I Honestly Don't Want To Marry Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by reubenobi(m): 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2021
For your pastor to say you shouldn't marry her because she only did secondary school should ring bell for you.. be careful of such pastor. Pray to GOD for direction!

1 Like

Re: . by ekeday(m): 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2021
walai
Re: . by superNOVAe(m): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
Make your decision yourself, and stop having to depend on other mortals making decisions for you.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
You trust your pastor above your own reasoning? In every pastor, there's a PAST. Check the girl and pastor well o.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2021

abeg if you have time modify this my comment,

I no get time for cock and bull stories
Re: . by EmperorTolson: 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
ajyogbon:
The only way I can advise you is that God has given you power to choose between good and evil, so far the poster did not receive other lady from God. Is your life and your future don't let anybody chooses your future for.
thanks
Re: . by EmperorTolson: 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2021
supportnija:

Nobody working in the state earn more than 20k except director and chief judge of the state and some politicians, even bank in the state pay 30k.. People like push people into Yahoo Yahoo, this person earn 30k don't spent 3k for a month on transport in the state , you live in Abuja or Lagos you pay 200k for rent, 30k for transport, but his own case is not leaving in Lagos, or Abuja or Porthacourt... 30k is ok for him....Op start your life from there, God want to bless you he can catarpot from to Chevron or total or Agip or shell or CBN, NNPC, NIA, NDIC, FIRS, etc
thanks, God bless you.
Getting married with 30k as salary is not actually a big deal to me, have seen several people getting married with a lesser income.
So far the vision is there, I don't have to remain stagnant till I earn 6 digits.

1 Like

Re: . by EmperorTolson: 11:59pm On Aug 01, 2021
michael77777:

Sense will fall on you ijn
Re: . by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 02, 2021
[quote author=EmperorTolson post=104332250][/quote]
Amen! and you too!
Re: . by pansophist(m): 2:53am On Aug 02, 2021
Your pastor is an idiot, because true pastors will not look down on a girl because she is not a graduate. Also, true pastors will advice but let you make your choice in partner, not impose his choice on you. Also, why on earth will another man determine the woman you should marry ? Where is your balls bro?

The only reason why I'll tell you not to marry your hairdresser girlfriend whom you love will be because you're not man enough for her, because such women are meant for real men who knows their value. Men that are not fickle and impressionable by idiotic pastors. You just described the characteristics of a wife material, a hardworking girl that spent her prime with you, and have passed the test of virtue which most girl will fail at.

Dont disappoint that girl. Lots of men out there have only one problem, and it is that they left a good woman that was loyal to them from day one. It is after you lost her, and spend the next five to ten years jumping from one meaningless relationship to the other with women that gives you headache and see you as nothing but a cash cow, you'll now appreciate the gift of heaven, and also hate your pastor for letting you broke off with heaven's blessing.

Don't leave her, marry her and give your pastor the middle finger. And stop going to his church. Man up abeg. I dislike seeing these kinds of topics, makes me feel like men have lost their masculinity.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by focus7: 3:31am On Aug 02, 2021
EmperorTolson:
I'm 27 years old, I worked in a private school where I earn a little above 30k in one of the states in South West (not Lagos and Ogun). I'm still staying with my parent though.
Last year, I introduced my relationship of 5 years to my parent and my pastor and she was welcomed with both hands.
She's a pretty, hard-working, supportive and trusted to the core. She's been tested countless times. Also, she's 25 and a secondary school holder but she's a stylist and she's her own shop and I believe that she earns more than me at times.
Early this year, due to family issues and my stubbornness, I decided to leave my work and my parent house cos I felt they're choking me with too much advice and they expect too much from me being the first graduate.
So, I left home and I decided not to tell anybody my whereabout cos I know my parents will do anything to have me back in the house. I also changed my phone number.
For a month or two months that I wasn't at home, I decided to cut communication between me and my girlfriend cos if she knows my whereabout, she'll disclose it.
After countless calls that my pastor and my parents put to my girlfriend, she kept telling them that she didn't hear from me since I left home which is true but the problem is that they didn't believe her.

Eventually, they traced me through a friend and asked me to come home which I did. I resumed back at my previous place of work. I met a lady when I resumed and we became friends. This particular lady is also a graduate but from experience, I can tell that she's wayward, she knows every hotel and bars around the town and she always tell me about old men that wants to have sex with her (just to mention but few).

Fast forward, my pastor noticed the closeness between me and the lady and as such tries to matchmake us because he also know the lady through her family.
Now, my pastor is telling me that I should leave my girlfriend of 5 years which I truly love on the ground that she's not a graduate as I am and that she wasn't helpful in finding me when I left home..

My pastor is someone I respect so much.
What should I do in situation like this?
I don't want to leave the woman I knew I'm going to marry right from the first month we met for a woman I knew has been sampled by many and not showing any sign that she'll change.
I can't be telling my pastor about everything but if I refuse to listen to him, he might begin to think that I've stopped listening to him.

Now

Must you keep listening to your pastor. People should stop making god out of this pastors many of them has led many lives astray and you end up baring the brunt alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by cooooooks(m): 5:36am On Aug 02, 2021
Are you marrying your pastor?

Marry your long term sta ke girlfriend (who you abandoned for months) and leave the other lady.

EmperorTolson:
I'm 27 years old, I worked in a private school where I earn a little above 30k in one of the states in South West (not Lagos and Ogun). I'm still staying with my parent though.
Last year, I introduced my relationship of 5 years to my parent and my pastor and she was welcomed with both hands.
She's a pretty, hard-working, supportive and trusted to the core. She's been tested countless times. Also, she's 25 and a secondary school holder but she's a stylist and she's her own shop and I believe that she earns more than me at times.
Early this year, due to family issues and my stubbornness, I decided to leave my work and my parent house cos I felt they're choking me with too much advice and they expect too much from me being the first graduate.
So, I left home and I decided not to tell anybody my whereabout cos I know my parents will do anything to have me back in the house. I also changed my phone number.
For a month or two months that I wasn't at home, I decided to cut communication between me and my girlfriend cos if she knows my whereabout, she'll disclose it.
After countless calls that my pastor and my parents put to my girlfriend, she kept telling them that she didn't hear from me since I left home which is true but the problem is that they didn't believe her.

Eventually, they traced me through a friend and asked me to come home which I did. I resumed back at my previous place of work. I met a lady when I resumed and we became friends. This particular lady is also a graduate but from experience, I can tell that she's wayward, she knows every hotel and bars around the town and she always tell me about old men that wants to have sex with her (just to mention but few).

Fast forward, my pastor noticed the closeness between me and the lady and as such tries to matchmake us because he also know the lady through her family.
Now, my pastor is telling me that I should leave my girlfriend of 5 years which I truly love on the ground that she's not a graduate as I am and that she wasn't helpful in finding me when I left home..

I don't want to leave the woman I knew I'm going to marry right from the first month we met for a woman I knew has been sampled by many and not showing any sign that she'll change.
I can't be telling my pastor about everything but if I refuse to listen to him, he might begin to think that I've stopped listening to him.

Now
Re: . by phemmyfour: 8:05am On Aug 02, 2021
EmperorTolson:

Now
Your pastor doesn't have a discerning spirit. Tell him your findings about the graduate girl and why your gf couldn't locate you when ran away from the house. If he's truly a man of God, he ll let you marry the girl after your heart. If you miss it Marriage, your pastor won't be around to console you
Re: . by goldstar25(f): 8:12am On Aug 02, 2021
Are you not a man like your pastor? Do you make decisions for him? Seeing the topic I thought maybe the girl did something bad but right now your pastor is just abusing his power. Marry someone you are comfortable with so that you won't start getting divorced tomorrow. I respect my pastor too but if this is the reason for me not to marry someone I love then I will have to disobey him. Guy marry your love.
Re: . by AmgMakanaki(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2021
All I could say is that you are a big fool. Marry woman give pastor. Cow
Re: . by Veteran20(m): 8:52am On Aug 02, 2021
I'm not surprised your pastor decision is confusing you judging by the way you narrated how your parent made you to come back home. OP, better get a hold of your life. When it's not as if you are a lady. Your parents are still pushing you here and there. You are still comfortably living under their roof and getting pushed around by your elders. When will that end?

You call yourself a graduate and you said you can handle a marital life with the 30k you are currently earning? Then what is stopping you from leaving your parent's house permanently, getting a place of your own and start making a matured grown man decisions for yourself. If you should later get married, is that when you will move out from their house (or you go carry your wife join them for that ur parent's house)?

Stop being a pushover. Take control of your life and know peace. If you don't change now and care is not taken, you might come back to NL again to ask for advise that "your parents are rejecting your new girlfriend after your pastor had already approved it or that your parents are against your new place of accommodation as it is far away from them".

Man up bro. Be taking their advice (your pastor and other elderly people you respect) like a suggestion (and not as a necessity), just like the way you will take advices on NL. If you should man up, It's only left for you to choose which way to follow but if you should remain as mummy's or daddy's boy, then they will keep trying to force things at you to follow at will.
Re: . by EmperorTolson: 9:12am On Aug 02, 2021
phemmyfour:
Your pastor doesn't have a discerning spirit. Tell him your findings about the graduate girl and why your gf couldn't locate you when ran away from the house. If he's truly a man of God, he ll let you marry the girl after your heart. If you miss it Marriage, your pastor won't be around to console you
Thanks
Re: . by EmperorTolson: 9:14am On Aug 02, 2021
cooooooks:
Are you marrying your pastor?

Marry your long term sta ke girlfriend (who you abandoned for months) and leave the other lady.

thanks
Re: . by EmperorTolson: 9:15am On Aug 02, 2021
goldstar25:
Are you not a man like your pastor? Do you make decisions for him? Seeing the topic I thought maybe the girl did something bad but right now your pastor is just abusing his power. Marry someone you are comfortable with so that you won't start getting divorced tomorrow. I respect my pastor too but if this is the reason for me not to marry someone I love then I will have to disobey him. Guy marry your love.
Thanks
Re: . by EmperorTolson: 9:16am On Aug 02, 2021
AmgMakanaki:
All I could say is that you are a big fool. Marry woman give pastor. Cow
You're senseless.
All I asked for was advice not insult
Re: . by EmperorTolson: 9:18am On Aug 02, 2021
Veteran20:
I'm not surprised your pastor decision is confusing you judging by the way you narrated how your parent made you to come back home. OP, better get a hold of your life. When it's not as if you are a lady. Your parents are still pushing you here and there. You are still comfortably living under their roof and getting pushed around by your elders. When will that end?

You call yourself a graduate and you said you can handle a marital life with the 30k you are currently earning? Then what is stopping you from leaving your parent's house permanently, getting a place of your own and start making a matured grown man decisions for yourself. If you should later get married, is that when you will move out from their house (or you go carry your wife join them for that ur parent's house)?

Stop being a pushover. Take control of your life and know peace. If you don't change now and care is not taken, you might come back to NL again to ask for advise that "your parents are rejecting your new girlfriend after your pastor had already approved it or that your parents are against your new place of accommodation as it is far away from them".

Man up bro. Be taking their advice (your pastor and other elderly people you respect) like a suggestion (and not as a necessity), just like the way you will take advices on NL. If you should man up, It's only left for you to choose which way to follow but if you should remain as mummy's or daddy's boy, then they will keep trying to force things at you to follow at will.

Thanks so much
Re: . by Brunicekid(m): 9:35am On Aug 02, 2021
Bro... Pray to God for direction... If what the Pastor says is "true", ask God for Divine Revelation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Ola17: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2021
EmperorTolson:
shocked

Na confirmed OT the guy reason you bruh.
No allow any so-called pastor run you street with babe wey him don lash tire.

Be guided.
Re: . by lereinter(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2021
Is the stylist ready for marriage

Is the graduate ready for marriage

Why trouble yourself?

What's the business of your pastor with your marriage

I guess your pastor is rccg
Re: . by Truvelisback(m): 10:26am On Aug 02, 2021
EmperorTolson:

Now
Re: . by AmgMakanaki(m): 10:53am On Aug 02, 2021
EmperorTolson:

You're senseless.

Mumu. I swear this topic when you bring come make you Dey childish. Na pastor dey decide for you. Beside, Person like you Na Dem dem Dey see vision for pass.
Re: . by WackyJ1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2021
EmperorTolson:

You're senseless.

You're 27 years old and living with your parents and earning 30,000 naira every month when you can pick up a computer and double your income.

You lack the self-awareness to know that your life is pitiable yet you have the gall to call someone senseless.

You have a rare gem on your hands for the last 5 years, someone who earns more than you (women rarely stay with men they outearn) and you're dumb enough to want to let her go because of your pastor.

You should be sitting down somewhere thinking about your life deeply and praying serious prayers.

Instead you're here calling someone else senseless

Disgusting.

3 Likes

Re: . by SaiRuiMall: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2021
OP, I have only one advice for you.
Go back to school.
Re: . by AmgMakanaki(m): 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2021
WackyJ1:

You're 27 years old and living with your parents and earning 30,000 naira every month when you can pick up a computer and double your income.

You lack the self-awareness to know that your life is pitiable yet you have the gall to call someone senseless.

You have a rare gem on your hands for the last 5 years, someone who earns more than you (women rarely stay with men they outearn) and you're dumb enough to want to let her go because of your pastor.

You should be sitting down somewhere thinking about your life deeply and praying serious prayers.

Instead you're here calling someone else senseless

Disgusting.

You have said it all. The guy Na cow
Re: . by EmperorTolson: 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2021
lereinter:

Is the stylist ready for marriage

Is the graduate ready for marriage

Why trouble yourself?

What's the business of your pastor with your marriage

I guess your pastor is rccg
They're both ready for marriage.
Not like it's an immediate thing o but they're both ready
Re: . by EmperorTolson: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2021
AmgMakanaki:

Mumu. I swear this topic when you bring come make you Dey childish. Na pastor dey decide for you. Beside, Person like you Na Dem dem Dey see vision for pass.
Will you just keep shut.
I respect my pastor not just because he's a pastor but because he's a father figure. I know how far he has gone to see me through some things in the past. If he's not a pastor, I'll still want to listen to his advice and decide whether or not to follow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghosting Gone Wrong / I Recorded Myself Naked In The Shower (pics) / What Turns You Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.