Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,853 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes (32731 Views)

Motunrayo Anikulapo Kuti Slams Man Who Said Davido Is A Better Singer Than Fela / Motunrayo Anikulapo Kuti Bares Her Boobs, Dares Women To Compete With Her / Fela Anikulapo Kuti Preparing For A Show In 1977 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Businesslist: 6:33am On Aug 02, 2021
Femi Anikulapo-Kuti shared with Caption ...

1997 we shall never forget. This day 24 years ago one of the greatest musicians in the world past. What a sad day it was. We miss him very much . RIP FELA

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSDO9caKWR7/

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Bola146(f): 6:34am On Aug 02, 2021
Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Onyi22(f): 6:35am On Aug 02, 2021
Continue to rest in peace

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Sanmigbola: 6:41am On Aug 02, 2021
Keep sleeping baba 70

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Legendrysailor(m): 6:42am On Aug 02, 2021
Hell yeah !!!!!!

Fela d greatest musician in Africa. His music was a true definition of afro beats. Fela kuti(legendary)

PLS PATRONIZE US AT KYARI TAILORS

We sow and design all types of clothes.

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Tony3245(m): 6:54am On Aug 02, 2021
To the legendary of our ancient times.
Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Baawaa(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2021
The real hero home and abroad

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by DankemzI(m): 7:17am On Aug 02, 2021
Baba Fela everything you said about corruption in Nigeria is happening.
It's now in a greater dimension

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by jaeyking(m): 7:24am On Aug 02, 2021
When Nigerian musics could be used as a voice for the other nations to know about it's happenings.

Now just boobs, ass, money ,dey reign.

Just like Zombies by cranberries

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Timi45: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2021
Hmm 24 years ago.
What baba fela warned Nigerians about is currently happening several years after his death. He used his music to fight for the right of people, to criticize bad government and to expose the lies of government. He was so impactful but more important beyond impactful on Earth is the end of our Journey after our sojourn on Earth. Accept the Love of Christ today

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Pweetiedude(m): 7:43am On Aug 02, 2021
One of the greatest musician of all time. We'll continue to celebrate you Abami Eda.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by 24kmagic: 8:44am On Aug 02, 2021
I sha never for once, feel the man songs.

I just like his bravery

1 Like

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by femijay8271(m): 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2021
tongue make I find small "turoble" Abeg I need a Super hmmmm tailor for Abuja, who go help me with any one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Seniorwriter(m): 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2021
A musical prophet!

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by 111sunshine: 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2021
legend....

he is the reason why we now have an "African giant" called Burna Boy....wise heads will understand

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
Abeg what legacy fela get, smoking igbo up and down,

Na fella influence musician to be smoking igbo up till now.

Contribute to increase in drug abuse in Nigeria ��.

What a wayward life he lives......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
FOR EVER LIVES ANIKULAPO

It’s been 24 years Fela since you left us.
Twas just like yesterday.
Baba 70,
You are missed but your legacy continues in your children and grandchildren.
Gone but never forgotten.
You left too strong a legacy to be forgotten
!!!”

Going back memory lane on this good Monday.
*singing Baba 70*
Arrangeeee Masters cheesy

"Army Arrangement"

[Chorus]
One day go be one day!
Those wey dey steal the money for government!

Whether you like or you no like
After you hear this true talk
Whether you like or you no like
After you hear this true talk

[Chorus]
Ge ge!

If you like e good
If you no like you hang
If you like e good
If you no like you hang
If you hang you go die
You go die for nothing
We go carry your body go police station
You die wrongfully

Suffer dey Africa, pa pa ra pa
I suffer dey, pa pa ra pa
Condition dey e, pa pa ra pa
Me I no say you be African man
And we dey suffer, pa pa ra pa
Which condition you dey I don't know
The condition me I dey me I know
My condition don reach make I act

If your condition today make you shake
And you still dey not talk the way you feel
Make you open your two ears very well
To hear the truth talk me I dey talk
Listen make you dey agree for me
Every day and night you dey hear me talk
One day you self you agree with me
To dey act the way as you dey feel
Remember if you no act your own
One day of course we must die

Nigeria get the money
Foreign money for oversea
Nigeria get the money
Foreign money for oversea
Announcement start to happen
Newspaper carry them paper
Radio dey shout for studio
Obasanjo turn vocalist
Yar'Adua road manager
Every government statement
Seven billion naira missing
Missing from oversea
Foreign currency scandal
Them start to arrest everybody o

E no finish, e no finish...

Doctor, lawyer, hustlers
Engineer, photographers
Doctor, lawyer, hustlers
Engineer, photographers
All of them Kirikiri
Ten to fifteen years in jail
After one year inside jail
Civilian government take over
Them release all of dem
Them say dem be innocent o

Two-point-eight-billion naira
Oil money is missing
Two-point-eight-billion naira
Oil money is missing
Them set up inquiry
Them say money no lost o
Them dabaru everybody
Supervisor Obasanjo
Them say make him no talk o
"Money no lost," them shout again
Inquiry come close o

Election story nko
Obasanjo plan am very well
Election story nko
Obasanjo plan am very well
Him take old politicians
Wey rule Nigeria before
The same old politicians
Wey spoil Nigeria before
Obasanjo carry all of them
All of them dey there now

[Chorus]
Yeah!

The young Africans them get two ears for head
Them get two eyes too
Them dey see the thing wey dey happen
Them dey hear am too
Few people dey fat with big money
And the rest dey hungry
Me Fela, I challenge Obasanjo
Na wayo him dey all the time
Make him carry me go any court
I go open book for am
Na wayo government we dey o
E gba mi o
Na weak government we dey o
Ye paripa o
Na paddy paddy government we dey
E gba mi o

[Chorus]
Yeah!

We give money
Paddy paddy
Arrange ni
Wayo wayo
Economic
We give money
Paddy paddy
Wayo wayo

[Chorus]
Army arrangement!

Add am together, give me the answer
Give me money, add am together
Paddy paddy, add am together
Economic, add am together
Division or multiplication
Mathematician, put am together
One answer you go get
One answer you go get

Give me money, put am together
Paddy paddy, put am together
Wayo wayo, put am together
Economic, put am together
Division or multiplication
Mathematician, put am together
One answer you go get
One answer you go get

Wayo wayo, put am together...

Arrange e ma si ta si o
Yeah yeah
Arrange e ma si ta si o
Yeah yeah
Arrange e ma si ta si o
Yeah yeah
Arrange e ma si ta si o
Yeah yeah
Arrange e ma si ta si o

Wayo wayo, put am together
Economic, put am together

[Chorus]
Ju'di! Ju si le!

[Chorus]
One day go be one day!
Those wey dey steal the money for government!

[Chorus]
One day, one day!

Listening to this powerfu lyrics is a testimony that dis country don spoil no be today.
Imagine what the equivalent of 7 BILLION in the 70's is right now?

Nigeria will be great again, in our lifetime.

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Lattop(m): 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
Anikulapo he who has death in his pocket grin

Rest on
Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Fiscus105(m): 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
Abami Eda! Orun ire e oooo.
Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
His songs are still relevant today. Currently jamming overtake don overtake overtake.

Nigerian today
Yeye rolling
Baba nla nonsense
Soldier go soldier come
Buhari animal in human skin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Vipro(m): 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
jaeyking:
When Nigerian musics could be used as a voice for the other nations to know about it's happenings.

Now just boobs, ass, money ,dey reign.

Just like Zombies by cranberries
Only burna boy's song still kinda relate with fela's.

1 Like

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Franking: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
Fearless one.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by pejenehype: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
RIP legend

2 Likes

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by PrinceOfLagos: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
Baba himself

Continue to rest in peace
Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by naijadjmixtape: 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
Sharp download best of Fela Dj mix on naijadjmixtape.com
Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by ddippset(m): 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
Naija's own Tupac Amaru Shakur.

RIP Baba.

1 Like

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by EdoFirstBorn(m): 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
Abeg rest

We get too many issues dealing with .

This country needs to remember how to be sane not dead musicians. If it was just the leaders that are the problem then we are not far from salvation. But the average Nigeria is more animal them human.

They don't care about what is right, just instant gratification.

They don't want to do anything legit. The only country I have seen people similar to Nigerians is Brazil. In the slums , they remind one so much of Nigerians.

Nigerians need a reset of mentality. The problem is form individual homes and lack of decent home training. This is why 99% of Nigerian women are whöres while the men and fraudsters.

They think money is everything, they don't respect values or integrity. Tomorrow they will blame Buhari , when just read the posts on front page here and see how they think.

Was it Buhari that made those youth nearly kill that young graduate who went for a job interview in the other thread?

Before we blame only Hausa..Where the Aluu 4 murdered by Fulani ?

Until we all realize there is something wrong with all Nigerians of all tribes except the Edo people then we aren't going anywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by usen1234: 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
Legend abeg rest on greet dagrin for me
Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by ChizzyBuna(m): 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
Seed
Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Optimistguy1969: 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
24kmagic:
I sha never for once, feel the man songs.

I just like his bravery
He no sabi sing.
Dem just too hype am
Re: Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
very handsome man.. his songs fit the social life we live in today especially the way government behaves.. his music has inspired many black people home and abroad.. even Beyonce is inspired..

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eniola Badmus Cruising In A Rolls Royce In Grand Style To Ghetto Bred London Pre / Rahama Sadau Back In Hollywood, Shares Cute Selfie With Akon [PICS] / Iyabo Ojo Stuns In 40th Pre-Birthday Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.