Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal (13061 Views)

2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times / Emir Of Bungudu, Hassan Attahiru, Still With Kidnappers Despite N20m Ransom / Oba Of Benin Meets Ize-Iyamu & Obaseki; As They Sign Peace Pact (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/6530896/niger-communities-negotiate-boko-haram#101248268

Bandits affiliated to Boko Haram insurgents are terrorising residents of Niger State, despite pocketing more than N20 million to maintain a ceasefire.

In April, about 65 communities signed a peace deal with the terror groups to avoid future raids. Villages in Gurmana, Manta, Bassa and Kukoki districts in Shiroro area of Niger negotiated with the terrorists after reaching an agreement to pay certain amounts of money. The helpless citizens also bought the terrorists at least six Honda motorcycles worth N500,000 to pacify them.

Before then, the terrorists had displaced over 5,000 villagers from their ancestral homes in Shiroro and Munya local councils.

FIJ understands that bandits in Shiroro have a strong affiliation with the northeast’s Boko Haram terrorists.

Abubakar Bello, the Governor of the state, had pronounced the hoisting of the Boko Haram flag in Shiroro town, admitting that the terror group had taken over many communities.

About 42 communities in Niger have fallen under the control of Boko Haram, according to Mohammed Sani Musa, the senator representing Niger East in the National Assembly.

“I can authoritatively confirm that the Boko Haram terrorists have mounted their flags in many of the villages they have captured such as Kaure, Alawa and Magami,” Musa said while speaking on the floor of the Senate.

THE TEMPORARY PEACE

In May, peace returned to communities in Shiroro and Muniya areas, as residents heaved a sigh of relief after negotiating with the terrorists.

Justifying why they had to negotiate with the armed groups, many of the residents, who are mostly farmers, told FIJ they were left with no other choice.

“There has been no major attack since they signed for a ceasefire with the terrorists,” Sani had told FIJ in May. “Residents are currently reuniting in the communities; they are now coming back from IDP camps.”

Sani had projected that the peace deal was not a lasting solution to the problem.

“Those guys are not to be trusted; they can come at any time to make fresh demands,” he said.

‘HOW CAN YOU SIGN A PEACE DEAL WITH A CRIMINAL?’

In many communities where the peace deal was signed, the terrorists often come at night to rape their wives and children. This happens almost every day in communities like Bassa and Kurebe.

“You’ll see terrorists moving around with their rifles in broad daylight,” said Yusuf Allawa, a youth leader in Lakma axis of Shiroro. “It’s now a lawless area because there is no law. The terrorists decide what happens in those areas. And the fear is that if this continues, some of our children will join them.”

Allawa noted that many times, newly recruited terrorists are the ones breaching the peace agreement. Sometimes, he said, it takes some of the community leaders to report to terrorist leaders before they stop them from doing certain things.

“Three days ago, in Bassa, three women were taken to the bush. They were released after the terrorists gang-raped them.

“How can you sign a peace deal with criminals? They are not respecting the peace pact.”

Foundation for Investigative Journalism

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by longetivity(m): 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2021
Okay, I don't care

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by insidelife22(m): 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
naija na jungle,banditery na business.APC na failure,Buhari na bigot. BMCs are shameless.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by chatinent: 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2021
There was a name called Luggard.

He was the figure who did the amalgam of the protectorates living in disuntity today for administrative convenience.

His w hore came around and did the naming ceremony, assuming men made by God monkeys.

This was around 1914. Some 46 years later, his lineage, Clifford, MacPherson, Richard, Lyttleton, etc., agreed to abandon the overused entity to rule themselves, after they had suckled the oil they discovered to stupor.

These are people those entities still honour today; people who stole from them.

A sad reality happened. The people who fought to be alone wanted more. They wanted the oil to themselves so they grew themselves so powerful so they must be amongst the system forever.

The circle has been the ones maintaining that entity till today. The w hore called it a Nigga Area.

Today, the oil is and has been controlled by only some few. The peasants are programmed to wail and wail out their views still penury-stricken.

I shall not cry because I am aware there is a government coming to undo all our problems.

(Wipes tears).

Madam Olaniyi, please bring me one bottle of my friend udeme to step down this ofe nsala. Kpọọ m nwa agbọghọ ahụ selling garden egg na akuku that transformer. You know I don't play with that fruit. Also tell those your friends on Nairaland that I am available to write their assignments, thesis, and dissertations, inugo?

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by inoki247: 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2021
20million don finish be that dem don use am du Dorime.....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by iLegendd(m): 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2021
APC and Buhari created a monster. I pity the next president.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by tony0806: 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2021
Are there Christians in those villages that have been captured by BH in Niger state? If there are, are their stories heard at all? How are they coping? What's the level of persecution they are going through?

Father in the name of Jesus! I join the host of other brethren praying for your children in these communities. Let help arise

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Xscape047: 9:00pm On Aug 03, 2021
Islamic terrorism is an existential threat to modernity. Maybe Islam is at war with itself. But these theses seem overly simplistic and fail to ring true.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hmm
Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by GOTVee: 9:00pm On Aug 03, 2021
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I think the federal government should grant these bandits amnesty so as to put an end to this economic banditry. Just like Sheik Gumi posited, granting them amnesty like the Niger delta militants will make the north peaceful. We Christians have enjoyed relative peace in the south because of education while northerners are mostly uneducated and we expect peace. God knows majority of we Christians condemning these people will probably do worse if we were not educated sad

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by superCleanworks(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
Peace pact deal? With criminals? Okay

6 Likes

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Mrmacc: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nigeria is A big Mess
Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by slawormiir: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Too bad
Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Ruggedniggaone: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
How much is 20m to the bandits that have collected more than 100m in one operation?bandits and terrorism have come to stay in the North and it seems like hausa are okay with it.
Imagine malami refused to prosecute those bureau d change operators that were caught funding terrorism,who is fooling who?and yet hausa are still busy defending malami on fb for not prosecuting those that are funding the destruction of their region.

6 Likes

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by myfantasies(f): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
What do you expect when you make a deal with the DEVIL .

6 Likes

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
Stupid leaders with useless ideas, you just opened the doors of blackmail...

1 Like

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Drsnives(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
Buhari is sick

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2021
Wow,

Business gone wrong~ElRufai

1 Like

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by mushystuff: 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2021
It is expected; there's a reason they are criminals! They honour no agreement or deal and will keep coming back for more until they are decisively eradicated or stopped dead! CNG and co idiots that want Afenifere proscribed will not see actual terrorists to demand action against from the FG.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Numerouno94(m): 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2021
I don't usually do this, buh Buhari is a disaster. A complete failure.
Signing peace deal wit terrorists buh attacking nd killing Southern agitators.

U will never see the so called Northern groups releasing press statement on their security issues buh they re quick to releasing press statement on how they stand wit Abba Kyari nd Pantami nd how they want Igboho nd Kanu arrested nd jailed.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Anneka101(f): 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2021
Signing a peace deal with bandit?

Buhari why

Where is ABBA Kyari when you need him.
Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Almaigaa: 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2021
IPOB BANDITS should leave the peaceful North alone.

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by PAWG(m): 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
I really don’t understand, Northern Nigeria is finished

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by shegzhkn: 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
failed state.
Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Earlystar698(m): 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
Peace accord gone wrong haha the north is breading terrorist and not children..

Let them sign another peace accord cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
this yeye people are using the government incompetence to terrorised innocent people well i no blame.. one day is one day their cup will full.. I'm certain
Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by merits(m): 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2021
cry
Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by simplesearch: 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2021
And this people too have a religion they hold so dear, yet with hardened conscience.
Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by Ogaga87(m): 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2021
Thought they said some people will go to jail for paying terrorist..?
Re: Bandits Attack Niger Communities Despite N20m Peace Pact Deal by nairavsdollars(f): 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2021
Another group will attack and demand a higher ransom tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2022 Armed Forces Remembrance Day (Photos And Video) / 2023: Opposition Parties Allege Massive Voter Registration With Fake Names / President Tinubu’s Visit To Qatar: Onanuga Explains Qatar’s "Rejection Letter"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.