Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times (27495 Views)

Tinubu Can't Sign - Dino Melaye Mocks Tinubu's Absence At Peace Pact (Video) / Obi, Atiku, Tinubu To Sign Peace Pact On Thursday / Oba Of Benin Meets Ize-Iyamu & Obaseki; As They Sign Peace Pact (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by Maxymilliano(m): 7:18am On Sep 29, 2022
2023: Tinubu to miss peace pact signing

The APC presidential candidate is currently in the UK where he is meeting with some unnamed groups.

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, will miss the signing of the 2023 election peace pact on Thursday

Mr Tinubu, who is currently in the United Kingdom, will not be around for the signing of the pact organised by the National Peace Committee (NPC), chaired by a former military Head of State, Abdulsalami Abubakar .

He will be represented by his running mate, Kashim Shettima.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported that the Mr Tinubu left the country on Sunday to meet with some unnamed groups in the UK. There were however speculations that he had gone to seek medical attention.

While away, his campaign council postponed the inauguration of the council indefinitely. The council said it was going to expand the list to accommodate more interests in the party.

PREMIUM TIMES had exclusively reported that the 422-member PCC released by the Secretary of the council, James Falake, did not go down well with the governors, who threatened to withdraw their support for the campaign.

This newspaper also reported that the Director General of the PCC, Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State and the Chairman of APC Governors Forum, Governor Abubakar Bagudu, had resolved to expand the list, to accommodate the interest of the governors.

Campaigns for the presidential and National Assembly elections began on Wednesday in line with INEC’s timetable while the APC presidential candidate was away.

This is not the first time Mr Tinubu will be missing major public appearances with other candidates.

During the conference, Mr Shettima made a controversial statement saying he would personally lead the Nigerian military against criminals while his principal, Mr Tinubu, will oversee the economy.

“I have been in the theatre of conflicts for 18 years, I will lead the troops, my principal is an economy wizard who has transformed Lagos into the third largest economy in Africa. He will concentrate on the economy.

“By God’s grace, I will handle the security, and not only handle the security, I will lead the troops to battle across the length and breadth of this country,” he said.

Some persons on social media interpreted the comment as a possible case of an absentee president.

While major candidates like Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Peter Obi of the Labour Party used the avenue to sell their ideas to the body of lawyers and Nigerians, Mr Tinubu was in the UK having a meeting with Governor Nyesom Wike led group.

Peace Pact
Mr Abdulsalam, had last week, after a meeting with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), said the candidates will sign two accords.

According to the former military ruler, the one to be signed on Thursday is to ensure rancour-free and a fair campaign devoid of acrimony while the other one on the accepting the outcome of the result will be signed in January.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/556679-2023-tinubu-to-miss-peace-pact-signing.html

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by God1000(m): 7:19am On Sep 29, 2022
Why does Tinubu keep running away from such important engagement?

What is he hiding or telling us? Somebody should please answer me

517 Likes 41 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by GoodHardDickk: 7:20am On Sep 29, 2022
The old ancestor should respect himself and retire from politics. He should step down at once and support peter Obi.

currently, the drug lord is receiving treatments in an hospital in London. In a sane society, Tinubu would not even be allowed to contest for any public office let alone contesting for presidency.

387 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by Towncrier007(m): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2022
Health related

177 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by Maxymilliano(m): 7:22am On Sep 29, 2022

grin .. Always missing in action, no wonder he was chosen as a placeholder for Shettima

349 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by derecho(m): 7:22am On Sep 29, 2022
Of What use is Mirror to a blind man?
Tinubu never wanted peace in the first place. He is a swine that enjoys fighting dirty

273 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by WibusJaga: 7:22am On Sep 29, 2022

Still baffles me how some supposedly sane Nigerians would see picture & video evidence of the sick old bat all over cyber space & still go ahead to want him to come shoulder the complex problems of this country. shocked

213 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by Peterobi90: 7:22am On Sep 29, 2022
I am sure APC members are speechless...

207 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by etebefia: 7:22am On Sep 29, 2022
Campaign just started and the Agbado man has run off to London hospital.

Peter Obi is doing the walking and the Agbado man is getting stressed out.

257 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by WibusJaga: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2022

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by GardenOfGod(m): 7:23am On Sep 29, 2022
Tinubu should be in a rehabilitation center due to years of heroin intake.

OBI-DATTI is the yearning of youths of Nigeria.

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:23am On Sep 29, 2022
The APC presidential candidate is currently in the UK where he is meeting with some unnamed groups.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by plaindealer: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2022

So, of what relevance is this news when there are other people available to take care of this basic task?

The Nigerian media are really bored and redundant..

217 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by nlreserve: 7:24am On Sep 29, 2022
Person never be president, he is already traveling up and down for medical treatment. Nigerians will never learn

169 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by Timatayo1: 7:25am On Sep 29, 2022
Hmmm chicago guy God forbid bat

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by kk2027: 7:25am On Sep 29, 2022
na wa o

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by SenatePresdo(m): 7:26am On Sep 29, 2022
Baba dey hospital grin

Buhari Pro max.

Buhari doesn't even want Tinubu to be president, and Tinubu will never be president of Nigeria, imagine who the Cabal are rejecting cheesy

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by kk2027: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2022
nlreserve:
Person never be president, he is already traveling up and down for medical treatment. Nigerians will never learn

who Nigeria offend like this?

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by kk2027: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2022
This is ridiculous

31 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by Healthquest: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2022
TINUBU WAS IN HIS CAMPAIGN OFFICE TO MEET THE BISHOP WHO CAME to INTERROGTE HIM ON CHOICE OF SHETTIMA.
And as an obvious winner of coming election,president in waiting,they are step you need to take to avoid some undisclosed issue.

That's how they poison buhari in 2015.

It's scary and God saved the man.
They would have lied that he died due to ailment but was treated of poison.

Tinubu will defiled all odds and become NUM1.

I did not support him before but because of the hate from children of perdition, AMA support him even with no kobo.

He doesnt know me ,I dont know him but I will give him 100% as i believe he is the best hands for the job ahead beyond every reasonable doubt.

Nobody can do what he has done. I'm imagine alot of ppp project because massive companies that will be established through his cronies will be too much and the economy will recieve a huge boost der by work go plenty.

I trust my guy, none of u can tell me otherwise.

Tinubu or nobody.

ATIKU HAS BEEN IN FRANCE FOR ALMOST A MONTH IMMEDIATELY THE PRIMARY.

TINUBU HAS BEEN OM GROUND.

U SUPPOSED EVEN DO MEDICAL CHECK UP EVERY MONTH AS A 70 yrs old man if you've the money, it doesnt mean you will die.

Alao akala of 50plus years died of covid.

Buhari didn't, Tinubu didn't, sanwolu didn't.

Person wey go die fo die, if u like look like ngolo Kante.

Tinubu is strategizing.
He has been having engagement for the past 5 weeks.

Wait for the master strategist to shock you.

VOTE FOR EXPRIENCE NOT EXPERIMENT, AT this stage if buhari was an experimental president, we would have been bankrupt wit our low oil production.

SEE ,IF YOU ARE DECIEVE AS AN ADULT THAT A POLITICIAN IS FRUGAL,I'm ashamed of you.

If you're adult and decieved that 61 yrs old man is a youth. I'm ashamed of you.

Ipob use there strategy on you and it work simple.

You must not have sense to reason logically.

Ipob Will not take our country in Jesus name.

Those who call us zoo, will not rule over the ZOO INSHA ALLAH

7 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by kk2027: 7:27am On Sep 29, 2022
plaindealer:

So, of what relevance is this news when there are other people available to take care of this basic task?

The Nigerian media are really bored and redundant..

Did you really read what you wrote ? What are you saying?

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by fourboys: 7:27am On Sep 29, 2022
Back to where it all started..... HOSPITAL grin

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by kk2027: 7:27am On Sep 29, 2022
If Southern presidency means handing a sick country to a sick old man, what's the point?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by ambale(m): 7:29am On Sep 29, 2022
Nigerians don buy market walai

If this man just win pii, make I never talk sha

Two days into campaigning he's nowhere to be found

Only proxy talks, even the President himself is no where to be found

And some idiots( no apologies) want to give their votes to someone like that

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by kk2027: 7:30am On Sep 29, 2022
ambale:
Nigerians don buy market walai

If this man just win pii, make I never talk sha

Two days into campaigning he's nowhere to be found

Only proxy talks, even the President himself is no where to be found

And some idiots( no apologies) want to give their votes to someone like that
And his supporters have been bragging about 'wait till campaign starts'
Since last month, when you ask about his whereabout, they tell you to wait till campaign starts.

Defending the guy is not easy fa

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by Redstubpen: 7:31am On Sep 29, 2022
shocked

He said Emilokan but when it's his time to sign Peace treaty, He was nowhere to be found.
We cannot afford to have 3 sick Presidents in 15 years. Governance would definitely be on autopilot
Asiwaju, are you sure 'Emilokan' ?

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by Slynation(m): 7:31am On Sep 29, 2022
But come to think of it, why does this man hates anything public speaking or anything that requires his public attention, the earlier the naysayers realize they are voting for Shettima the Boko chairman as President, the better for everybody...

Anyways, the plan is to keep praying for Nigeria from my japa-zone...

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by hisexcellency34: 7:32am On Sep 29, 2022
Man no well

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by Lurdmax10: 7:32am On Sep 29, 2022
This is not the first time Mr Tinubu will be missing major public appearances with other candidates.

Tinubu will eventually miss his swearing in ceremony cool

11 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by kk2027: 7:32am On Sep 29, 2022
It is well with Nigeria and Nigerians

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu To Miss Peace Pact Signing - Premium Times by kk2027: 7:35am On Sep 29, 2022
Healthquest:
TINUBU WAS IN HIS CAMPAIGN OFFICE TO MEET THE BISHOP WHO CAME to INTERROGTE HIM ON CHOICE OF SHETTIMA.
And as an obvious winner of coming election,president in waiting,they are step you need to take to avoid some undisclosed issue.

That's how they poison buhari in 2015.

It's scary and God saved the man.
They would have lied that he died due to ailment but was treated of poison.

Tinubu will defiled all odds and become NUM1.

I did not support him before but because of the hate from children of perdition, AMA support him even with no kobo.

He doesnt know me ,I dont know him but I will give him 100% as i believe he is the best hands for the job ahead beyond every reasonable doubt.

Nobody can do what he has done. I'm imagine alot of ppp project because massive companies that will be established through his cronies will be too much and the economy will recieve a huge boost der by work go plenty.

I trust my guy, none of u can tell me otherwise.

Tinubu or nobody.

So he can't talk to the voters at all?

A candidate that can't be seen or heard during election, is it after election you'll see or hear him?

36 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do / It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana / Why Kaduna Train Attackers Invaded Kuje Prison – Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.