Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works (3547 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? / Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
capnies:

HEBREWS 12:14

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

A HOLY PERSON IS A RIGHTEOUS PERSON

Which type of Righteousness are you talking about hope you know the types of Righteousness Bible talks about
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Betscoreodds: 7:46am On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You choose not to avoid it but I have been doing it since I learnt it and I indeed living the promises of God wherein He said "if ye would Obey My Voice Indeed and Keep My Commandments and Statutes and Judgements, ye shall be Blessed in All of his way"

And indeed I am blessed in all of my ways, in my going out and in my coming in and in my lying down, exactly as promised.

So as I said earlier, you shall lie in the bed you have laid, i am lying on mine and it very very good for me.

ye shall be Blessed in All of his way"..... This place got me cracking, so if hard things happen to you does that mean you have sinned.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 7:52am On Aug 21, 2021
Betscoreodds:

ye shall be Blessed in All of his way"..... This place got me cracking, so if hard things happen to you does that mean you have sinned.

Since I have been avoiding sin, NEITHER EVIL NOR HARD THINGS HAPPEN TO ME, ONLY GOOD, GOODER, GOODEST, GOODESTESS,... HAPPEN TO ME, EXACTLY AS IS WRITTEN.

"Evil Pursueth sinners: but to the Rightfull (Righteous) GOOD SHALL BE REPAYED!" Proverbs 13:21. This is The Law!
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:49am On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Since I have been avoiding sin, NEITHER EVIL NOR HARD THINGS HAPPEN TO ME, ONLY GOOD, GOODER, GOODEST, GOODESTESS,... HAPPEN TO ME, EXACTLY AS IS WRITTEN.

"Evil Pursueth sinners: but to the Rightfull (Righteous) GOOD SHALL BE REPAYED!" Proverbs 13:21. This is The Law!
.. Name one disciple of Jesus that did not encounter evil.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01am On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Are they ministers of Christ? I (speak as a fool) I am more; in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths often. Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily,, the care of all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak?, who is offended, and I burn not? If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities. The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed forevermore,, knoweth that I lie not. 2Corinthians 11:23-31

The above are the WORDS of Apostle Paul the man Jesus (Christ) chose to connect gentiles like you to himself. Act 9: 15; Romans 11:1; Galatians 1:15-16; 1Timothy 2:7

Paul experienced lots of HARD times so please i'll like to know, how come your own glory pass that of the man singlehandedly chosen by Jesus to connect you (a gentile) to himself? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:08am On Aug 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Are they ministers of Christ? I (speak as a fool) I am more; in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths often. Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily,, the care of all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak?, who is offended, and I burn not? If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities. The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed forevermore,, knoweth that I lie not. 2Corinthians 11:23-31

The above are the WORDS of Apostle Paul the man Jesus (Christ) chose to connect gentiles like you to himself. Act 9: 15; Romans 11:1; Galatians 1:15-16; 1Timothy 2:7

Paul experienced lots of HARD times so please i'll like to know, how come your own glory pass that of the man singlehandedly chosen by Jesus to connect you (a gentile) to himself? undecided

. MaxInDHouse first time you minister with wisdom keep it up
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:24am On Aug 21, 2021
Sorry i didn't come to support you, i only came to defend the TRUTH of God's word!
Jesus said all those following him will suffer lots of hard times:

From that time forward, Jesus began explaining to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes and be killed, and on the third day be raised up. At this Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying: “Be kind to yourself, Lord; you will not have this happen to you at all.” But turning his back, he said to Peter: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.” Then Jesus said to his disciples: “If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and keep following me" Matthew 16:21-24

According to Jesus lots and lots of HARD times awaits all those who determine to follow his footsteps {Matthew 6:34} because the Prince of this world {John 14:30} will not let them be just as he dealt with Jesus! Luke 4:13

So whenever we see someone misinterpreting our book (Bible) we step in to CORRECT them it's left for them to take it or leave it! smiley

Bishopkingsley:

. MaxInDHouse first time you minister with wisdom keep it up
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 9:44am On Aug 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Are they ministers of Christ? ...

grin Simple! Always Look to The Law. grin

The Law is "Unless a seed falls down and dies, it shall not bear any fruit. grin

Thus, The Seed (Christ Jesus) Died and bore the disciples and followers.

But the farm is just starting, so those same disciples and followers had to be Seeds themselves and replanted.

So they had to die, so that The Farm of The Lord will bear much fruits and a very great harvest, which is why many of our Founders had to suffer hardship.

Today, that Farm is great and we today are the blessed recipients of their sacrifice.

Which is why we say, He died, that I might live, He suffered that I might enjoy, He took my weakness and gave me His Strength! grin
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
.. Name one disciple of Jesus that did not encounter evil.

The Law is "Unless a seed falls down and dies, it shall not bear any fruit.

And those same disciples and followers had to be Seeds themselves and replanted.

Which is why He told them that they shall suffer many persecutions and death Mathew 10:16-22.

So they had to die, so that The Farm of The Lord will bear much fruits and a very great harvest,

Today, that Farm is great and we today are the blessed recipients of their sacrifice.

Which is why we say, He died, that I might live, He suffered that I might enjoy, He took my weakness and gave me His Strength!
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Law is "Unless a seed falls down and dies, it shall not bear any fruit. grin

But the farm is just starting, so those same disciples and followers had to be Seeds themselves and replanted.

So they had to die, so that The Farm of The Lord will bear much fruits and a very great harvest, which is why many of our Founders had to suffer hardship.

Which is why we say, He died, that I might live, He suffered that I might enjoy, He took my weakness and gave me His Strength! grin

Hebrews 4:12 ►
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

New Living Translation
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

English Standard Version
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

No human or devil can divide soul and spirit because they are one yet God said I can do it with my word

As you read blessing that children of God get also know the tough part you can't be victorious if you did not under go trouble

Great Men of God is in the level of if I perish I perish that when no matter what happens I stay with God not only when you enjoy from God
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:13am On Aug 21, 2021
This one sweet paaaa! smiley
Only that i'm suspecting something:
Are you sure what you're saying is not some human THOUGHTS that's contrary to God's THOUGHTS {Isaiah 55:8-9} because you said all these without any scripture to back each of your points! undecided
Let me break down your points!
© Jesus is the seed that must suffer so that his disciples can enjoy the benefits of his suffering but Jesus said his followers will face the same thing because a slave is not above his Master! Matthew 10:22-25

©Apostles who were the first fruit of Jesus' ultimate sacrifice you also classified them as SEEDS so they're the ones to suffer yours is to enjoy, but you will like to share the same glory with them when they say they're going to judge angels!

©The farm is great and you are the BLESSED recipients of their sacrifice!

©He died that you may live: please for how long and where? Because there's difference between life and death oh! undecided

©He suffered that you may enjoy!

©He took your weakness so that you may have strength!
Do you have scriptural backings for all these or they're just the wishful thinking of humans like what Jesus condemned in Peter? Matthew 16:22-23 smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 10:17am On Aug 21, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

No human or devil can divide soul and spirit because they are one yet God said I can do it with my word

Outside Scope of your Query!

You did not ask about "division soul"and I did not speak about division of soul.

Bishopkingsley:

As you read blessing that children of God get also know the tough part you can't be victorious if you did not under go trouble.

Great Men of God is in the level of if I perish I perish that when no matter what happens I stay with God not only when you enjoy from God

Take it or leave it, It is Already The Law that "Evil Pursueth sinners:

Poverty and Shame SHALL BE TO him that refuseth Instruction:

In the house of the Rightfull (Righteous) is much treasure: but the Salaries and Revenues of the Wicked IS TROUBLE
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:32am On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You did not ask about "division soul"and I did not speak about division of soul.

Take it or leave it, It is Already The Law that "Evil Pursueth sinners:

Poverty and Shame SHALL BE TO him that refuseth Instruction:

In the house of the Rightfull (Righteous) is much treasure: but the Salaries and Revenues of the Wicked IS TROUBLE

You did not ask about "division soul"and I did not speak about division of soul.....

Answer

the above shows the word of God producing two things as it comes to human

So the soul represents the troubled part it produces and the spirit represents the sweet part of which you love

Am trying to let you know you can't get one and leave the other one because flesh can not inherit the sweet part of God only the spiritual body can

So as long as you are in the flesh you must be purified and tested
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
This one sweet paaaa! smiley
Only that i'm suspecting something:
Are you sure what you're saying is not some human THOUGHTS that's contrary to God's THOUGHTS {Isaiah 55:8-9} because you said all these without any scripture to back each of your points! undecided

I have told you several times that what is known, does not require proof.

Thus, all I have said are known for they are popular very sayings very much known among Bible readers.

MaxInDHouse:

Let me break down your points!
© Jesus is the seed that must suffer so that his disciples can enjoy the benefits of his suffering.

The bold: To say, that I said, what I did not say, is evil.

I implicitly said that Jesus commissioned them to be His "Fishers of Men" but this is not the issue you stood against me for, HENCE DEVIATION FROM DISCUSS!

MaxInDHouse:

...but Jesus said his followers will face the same thing because a slave is not above his Master! Matthew 10:22-25

ANOTHER DEVIATIONS FROM POST, for I did not make any comment on "Slave and Master"

MaxInDHouse:

©Apostles who were the first fruit of Jesus' ultimate sacrifice you also classified them as SEEDS so they're the ones to suffer yours is to enjoy, but you will like to share the same glory with them when they say they're going to judge angels!

YET ANOTHER CHANGE OF POST, for though my goals are none of your business, I do however state that, only a fool will think that this is an aim worth pursuing.

I am very content with just escaping the Anger of The Lord!

That is my goal, which is none of your business, so stay in your side of the fence.

MaxInDHouse:

©He died that you may live: please for how long and where? Because there's difference between life and death oh! undecided

Your JW screwedness is not mine, so definitely, your blindness is yours alone to bear, for being Jw means to choose to see what you want to see, and not a seeing of That which The Lord hath Established forever.

MaxInDHouse:

©He suffered that you may enjoy!

©He took your weakness so that you may have strength!
Do you have scriptural backings for all these or they're just the wishful thinking of humans like what Jesus condemned in Peter? Matthew 16:22-23 smiley

Only Jws will never know

"for ye know (but jw Max did not know) the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

"knowing (jw Max does not know) that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you." 2 Corinthians 4:14

And jw Max never knows the Gold hidden in the Land of Isaiah 53.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 11:17am On Aug 21, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

the above shows the word of God producing two things as it comes to human...

Not in Issue!
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:27am On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Not in Issue!

Bible said if we confess our sins he will forgive us if we say we have no sin we call God a liar
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2021
I'm satisfied with the bolded! Matthew 7:13-14

So you can now continue with your fellow believer with whom you only chose to argue after agreeing on what is POPULAR! smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

I have told you several times that what is known, does not require proof.
Thus, all I have said are known for they are popular very sayings very much known among Bible readers.

The bold: To say, that I said, what I did not say, is evil.

I implicitly said that Jesus commissioned them to be His "Fishers of Men" but this is not the issue you stood against me for, HENCE DEVIATION FROM DISCUSS!

ANOTHER DEVIATIONS FROM POST, for I did not make any comment on "Slave and Master"

YET ANOTHER CHANGE OF POST, for though my goals are none of your business, I do however state that, only a fool will think that this is an aim worth pursuing.

I am very content with just escaping the Anger of The Lord!

That is my goal, which is none of your business, so stay in your side of the fence.

Your JW screwedness is not mine, so definitely, your blindness is yours alone to bear, for being Jw means to choose to see what you want to see, and not a seeing of That which The Lord hath Established forever.

Only Jws will never know

"for ye know (but jw Max did not know) the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

"knowing (jw Max does not know) that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you." 2 Corinthians 4:14

And jw Max never knows the Gold hidden in the Land of Isaiah 53.

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Bible said if we confess our sins he will forgive us if we say we have no sin we call God a liar

The Bible did not just stop at "CONFESS" but at "confess AND PUT AWAY (FORSAKE)".

"He that covereth his sins SHALL NOT PROSPER:

But, Whosoever, Confesseth AND FORSAKETH (PUT AWAY) THEM, Shall Have Mercy!" Proverbs 28:13. (The Law)

"Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings," 1 Peter 2:1

Hebrews 12:1

12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with.

And many other Pronouncements of Law, Counseling us to Put Sin Away from us.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible did not just stop at "CONFESS" but at "confess AND PUT AWAY (FORSAKE)".

"He that covereth his sins SHALL NOT PROSPER:

But, Whosoever, Confesseth AND FORSAKETH (PUT AWAY) THEM, Shall Have Mercy!" Proverbs 28:13. (The Law)

"Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings," 1 Peter 2:1

Hebrews 12:1

12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with.

And many other Pronouncements of Law, Counseling us to Put Sin Away from us.

as long as you keep insisting on your self Righteousness acts then only God can redeem you since you refuse to be humble

Jesus taught us how to pray each day.... Forgive our trespassing as we forgive others..... To wake up each day Boasting I have no sin it shows how pride has taken hold of you lol

It shows your greed to want to be self perfect continue to rise in your self imagination
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
as long as you keep insisting on your self Righteousness acts then only God can redeem you since you refuse to be humble.

The mere fact you do not know what self righteousness means, is your bowl of garri. All I said and what I said, is what I said!

And I never said anything about owning any "righteousness"

Put Away your sins or Hold unto them, it's you who shall bear the reward thereof.

I never brought you into this discuss, you jumped in on your own, so jump out and continue in your own way.

As for me, I shall continue to follow The Way of The Commandments, the Statutes, the Judgements and Ordinances of God. Gbam!
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Betscoreodds: 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
as long as you keep insisting on your self Righteousness acts then only God can redeem you since you refuse to be humble

Jesus taught us how to pray each day.... Forgive our trespassing as we forgive others..... To wake up each day Boasting I have no sin it shows how pride has taken hold of you lol

It shows your greed to want to be self perfect continue to rise in your self imagination

When you see people who claim to be holy run from them because they are mostly filled with anger in their hearts they pride themselves of being holy the law they claim to hold their is formality they think the law can save them that why they brag up and down even with their hearts full of iniquity. You see him say put away sin as if he have personal power to accomplish it lol.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Betscoreodds: 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The mere fact you do not know what self righteousness means, is your bowl of garri. All I said and what I said, is what I said!

And I never said anything about owning any "righteousness"

Put Away your sins or Hold unto them, it's you who shall bear the reward thereof.

I never brought you into this discuss, you jumped in on your own, so jump out and continue in your own way.

As for me, I shall continue to follow The Way of The Commandments, the Statutes, the Judgements and Ordinances of God. Gbam!
which power do you use in putting away sin.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
Betscoreodds:
which power do you use in putting away sin.

By the Power of Counting the people that would be wounded and must be harmed when I do any wicked thing after i had learnt of A Law which I did not know was out there which said

"The Tenets of The Law is To Live Honestly, To Harm No One and To Give to each His Due"
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Betscoreodds: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

By the Power of Counting the people that would be wounded and must be harmed when I do any wicked thing after i had learnt of A Law which I did not know was out there which said

"The Tenets of The Law is To Live Honestly, To Harm No One and To Give to each His Due"
in other words the law is what keeps you Righteousness and your self determination.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2021
Betscoreodds:
in other words the law is what keeps you Righteousness and your self determination.

In my words "Fear God and Obey His Directions!"
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Betscoreodds: 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

In my words "Fear God and Obey His Directions!"
Adam and eve did not fear God right.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2021
Betscoreodds:
Adam and eve did not fear God right.

Ask them when you see them.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Betscoreodds: 3:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Ask them when you see them.
for the fact that you are afraid to admit that it not your own power that stopped the sin you said you put away that shows you still have sense. Now you don't want to admit it God power that gives holy life style and not self determination. The law can't help you it meant for you to cry out to God for help that where Jesus steps in.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
Betscoreodds:
for the fact that you are afraid to admit that it not your own power that stopped the sin you said you put away that shows you still have sense. Now you don't want to admit it God power that gives holy life style and not self determination.

Proverbs tells me several times, "MY SON, HEAR THE INSTRUCTION OF THY FATHER."

Do I not have power to hear?

He goes on to say "RECEIVE MY WORDS AND HIDE MY COMMANDMENTS WITH THEE"

Is this impossible to do?

"MY SON, FORGET NOT MY LAW; BUT LET THINE HEART KEEP (OBEY) MY COMMANDMENTS"

Do I not have the Power to keep remembering The Laws of God and exercise my power to carry them out?

Here is Another Power I use, "and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."

The same Power you use to accomplish an evil purpose, is the same power you can use to obey The Instruction of The Lord, if you truly wanted to keep it.

Betscoreodds:

The law can't help you it meant for you to cry out to God for help that where Jesus steps in.

It has already helped me for I dwell very well on every side.

So you can keep wasting your time and energy crying rather than carrying out The Instructions of God.

However it is very clear that

Evil Will Always Pursue the Sinner and the Wicked will Always Earn Troubles
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Betscoreodds: 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Proverbs tells me several times, "MY SON, HEAR THE INSTRUCTION OF THY FATHER."

Do I not have power to hear?

He goes on to say "RECEIVE MY WORDS AND HIDE MY COMMANDMENTS WITH THEE"

Is this impossible to do?

"MY SON, FORGET NOT MY LAW; BUT LET THINE HEART KEEP (OBEY) MY COMMANDMENTS"

Do I not have the Power to keep remembering The Laws of God and exercise my power to carry them out?

Here is Another Power I use, "and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."

The same Power you use to accomplish an evil purpose, is the same power you can use to obey The Instruction of The Lord, if you truly wanted to keep it.

It has already helped me for I dwell very well on every side.

So you can keep wasting your time and energy crying rather than carrying out The Instructions of God.

However it is very clear that

Evil Will Always Pursue the Sinner and the Wicked will Always Earn Troubles

That is why many people end up not believing in any God because they end up seeing strength failed in all aspects of God

Yes you read one part and you now forgot the vital part............

John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

New Living Translation
“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

English Standard Version
I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Berean Study Bible
I am the vine and you are the branches. The one who remains in Me, and I in him, will bear much fruit. For apart from Me...........

Now what does nothing mean it means every nothing........ It means without Jesus you can not do anything

So this scripture is telling us those who did anything in the past their secrets was the son of God, then they called him the son of man
Because he was not yet revealed to the world

That is why God commands us to use scripture to explain scripture.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2021
Betscoreodds:

That is why many people end up not believing in any God because they end up seeing strength failed in all aspects of God

Do people want God?

No, they do not.

So, they never intended to Listen to Him nor Obey Him. They wish to make their own way for themselves.

So it has nothing to do with their strength for anything they set their hearts to, they pursued it skillfully and intelligently, eg Women, men, sex, cars, money, husbands and wives snatching etc.

But when it comes to the pursuit of God, they become powerless, weak and full of excuses exactly the same thing they do with things they never wanted to do eg work, diligent research, upholding agreements etc.

So, they were never with God in the first place not to talk of them departing from Him as Israel and Solomon did.

Betscoreodds:

Yes you read one part and you now forgot the vital part............

John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Now what does nothing mean it means every nothing.....

I did not forget anything because i see Christ is The Law and The Law came out from God's Mouth and by John 1, Christ Came out from God's Mouth.

So I think we can give it a rest here for this is a case of to each his own.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Betscoreodds: 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Do people want God?

No, they do not.

So, they never intended to Listen to Him nor Obey Him. They wish to make their own way for themselves.

So it has nothing to do with their strength for anything they set their hearts to, they pursued it skillfully and intelligently, eg Women, men, sex, cars, money, husbands and wives snatching etc.

But when it comes to the pursuit of God, they become powerless, weak and full of excuses exactly the same thing they do with things they never wanted to do eg work, diligent research, upholding agreements etc.

So, they were never with God in the first place not to talk of them departing from Him as Israel and Solomon did.

I did not forget anything because i see Christ is The Law and The Law came out from God's Mouth and by John 1, Christ Came out from God's Mouth.

So I think we can give it a rest here for this is a case of to each his own.
what your saying is God (Jesus) coming to earth and discovering it by himself even though he knew about it yet he physical found out that the spirit is actually willing to serve God but the flesh is really weak in doing it.

What you saying is Jesus is wrong on that part if strength can do it on it own.

Another person Paul cried out what I want to do I can not do it because my member war with me all the time who then can save me from this problem before he now thanked the lord Jesus for victory.

So he was wrong to declare strength actually failed.

Good let end it here because people reading it must look up to Jesus and get strength from him not looking up to themselves which is idolatry because man wants to rise above the thought of God thinking he is God on his own.

Never that way because the flesh pulls down one who thinks this way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

People Reportedly Missing In Different Parts Of World Few Minutes Ago: RAPTURE!! / A Thread For The 21 Days Prayer And Fasting of The Winners Family / Licence To Kill From The Holy Bible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.