Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works (3484 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? / Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:40am On Aug 05, 2021
Paul often says that human beings are righteous by faith (e.g., Rom. 1:17; 3:22, 26; 4:3, 5, 9, 13; 9:30; 10:4;
Gal. 2:16; 3:6, 11; 5:5;
Phil. 3:9).
In such contexts Paul contrasts righteousness by faith with righteousness by works. Ordinarily, people are declared to be righteous in human courts on the basis of their good behavior.

That is, if they did what is good, they are declared to be in the right; but if they did what is evil, they are condemned. Paul, however, maintains that it is not those who work but those who believe who are righteous before God (Rom. 4:4–5).

Indeed, no one can be righteous by works before God, for all have fallen short of what he requires (Rom. 3:23).

Righteousness by faith, then, must refer to the gift of righteousness given to human beings by God. Human beings are not justified on the basis of doing but on the basis of believing. God declares the ungodly to be righteous (Rom. 4:5).

Nor does Paul view faith as a “work” that merits the declaration of righteousness. Faith saves because it looks entirely to what God has done for believers in Christ. It rests on Christ’s death for the forgiveness of sins and his resurrection for the sake of their justification (Rom. 3:21–26; 4:25).

The righteousness given to believers, then, is alien since it is not based on anything they have done but only on God’s work in Christ. This suggests that righteousness as a gift is granted to those who believe.

Actually what God is saying is that once I give you my holy spirit because the Righteousness of God is in the holy spirit

Then you will equally have the ability to carry out my laws my works

You can't do any good thing until God gives you his Righteousness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Truth is my friend therefore, I am standing on and with it, not fighting it.

Which is why after my answer, you have no reasonable and valid way to counter and that is very fine with me.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:52am On Aug 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Truth is my friend therefore, I am standing on and with it, not fighting it.

Which is why after my answer, you have no reasonable and valid way to counter and that is very fine with me.
I will explain more on here
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Then you were not in class when God said "TURN YOU AT MY REPROOF:"

after that, "... I will pour out my Spirit unto you, I will make known my words into you". Proverbs 1:23.

That scripture has no impact on this topic because the turn you part is about believing in the one who God sent

Jesus proves it by showing
What the work of God actually means
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

That scripture has no impact on this topic because the turn you part is about believing in the one who God sent

Jesus proves it by showing
What the work of God actually means

Is this not the Same Christ Jesus speaking here in Proverbs?

Did Christ Jesus not say "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life" (John 14:6)?

Is this not Christ Jesus who spoke herein in Proverbs below?

Chapter 8:20-30
"I lead in the WAY of Righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgement; (John 14:6) - THE WAY!

That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
(John 1:1)

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; (John1:1)

Verse 8:7
"For MY MOUTH SHALL SPEAK TRUTH" (John 14:6)- THE TRUTH

Proverbs 3:13, 18, 21, 22
"Wisdom is a TREE OF LIFE to them that lay hold upon her. Keep sound wisdom and discretion:

So shall they be Life unto thy soul,.... (John 14:6) THE LIFE.

You must DO THE TURNING YOURSELF!

"If thou Turn and Do the Words of The Lord, thou do it for thyself. If thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it."

I am done!
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

@the emboldened:
That statement in itself is "boastful" that was exactly what Paul was trying to AVOID! "so that no man will" boast ".

Also,
[b]There is "God's righteousness" and there is "Christian's righteousness"
Eg. Of Christians righteousness is in
1. John. 14:15, "if you love me keep my COMMANDMENT (righteousness)"

2. 1 John. 5:3, "for this is the love of God, that we keep his COMMANDMENTS (Righteousness)"

3. 1 John 3:4–10. "Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.(unrighteousness)
5 You know that he (Christ) appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.
6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.
8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was rto destroy the works of the devil.
9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.
10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who udoes not love his brother"

4. As Christians, you are expected to do what 2 Peter 1:3-9 says which is an act of righteousness,
"3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly (righteousness) life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.
8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins
[/b]

God's righteousness is expressed in the spiritual working of man's salvation.

Man know thyself!

https://www.nairaland.com/6686766/righteousness-god-not-according-works

Show me where God speaks or Bible show Christian Righteousness

1. John. 14:15, "if you love me keep my COMMANDMENT

Lol

That is not Christian Righteousness

Stop adding to Bible
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Is this not the Same Christ Jesus speaking here in Proverbs?

Did Christ Jesus not say "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life" (John 14:6)?

Is this not Christ Jesus who spoke herein in Proverbs below?

Chapter 8:20-30
"I lead in the WAY of Righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgement; (John 14:6) - THE WAY!

That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
(John 1:1)

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; (John1:1)

Verse 8:7
"For MY MOUTH SHALL SPEAK TRUTH" (John 14:6)- THE TRUTH

Proverbs 3:13, 18, 21, 22
"Wisdom is a TREE OF LIFE to them that lay hold upon her. Keep sound wisdom and discretion:

So shall they be Life unto thy soul,.... (John 14:6) THE LIFE.

You must DO THE TURNING YOURSELF!

"If thou Turn and Do the Words of The Lord, thou do it for thyself. If thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it."

I am done!

My brother we are talking about
Righteousness
The definition of doing good works of man vs what God defines good works as

John 6:29
New International Version
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

New Living Translation
Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

https://www.nairaland.com/6686766/righteousness-god-not-according-works

Show me where God speaks or Bible show Christian Righteousness

1. John. 14:15, "if you love me keep my COMMANDMENT

Lol

That is not Christian Righteousness

Stop adding to Bible
Have you not read the numerous examples of the scriptures I quoted for you?
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Show me where Bible state Christian Righteousness

Just show me don't add your own word to it and say it the meaning of Christian Righteousness
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Show me where Bible state Christian Righteousness

Just show me don't add your own word to it and say it the meaning of Christian Righteousness
What is the meaning of righteousness?
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

[b]There is "God's righteousness" and there is "Christian's righteousness"

That completely wrong and not from God to say there is Christian Righteousness
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

What is the meaning of righteousness?

Bible say Righteousness is a gift

It is ability to do good work according to how God wants it

Righteousness is the condition of being in right relationship with the Lord. This can only happen through total faith and dependence upon Christ.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bible only defines two Righteousness

1)Self Righteousness

2)God's Righteousness Also called the Righteousness of Christ Jesus
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

The definition of doing good works of man vs what God defines good works

No sir, you imported me from the thread which was laying down the Truth that RIGHTEOUSNESS SHOULD AND MUST BE DONE BY The True Children of God, wherein I said all the things you sought to oppose but you can now see that you are Off-Way!
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

No sir, you imported me from the thread which was laying down the Truth that RIGHTEOUSNESS SHOULD AND MUST BE DONE BY The True Children of God, wherein I said all the things you sought to oppose but you can now see that you are Off-Way!

Bible only defines two Righteousness

1)Self Righteousness

2)God's Righteousness Also called the Righteousness of Christ Jesus

Righteousness is the condition of being in right relationship with the Lord. This can only happen through total faith and dependence upon Christ.

First
Accept there is no good work that can save you

The only work that can save you is to accept Jesus as your lord God and Savior first
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

There is "God's righteousness" and there is "Christian's righteousness"

That completely wrong and not from God to say there is Christian Righteousness

Ok....
What does it mean to [b]"work out your salvation with fear and trembling?"

What about this....

"Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous"

Don't you think if you practice RIGHTEOUSNESS and you become righteous, it's "your righteousness as a Christian?"
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Bible say Righteousness is a gift

@the bolden please list out the "good works" that translate to mean "righteousness" let's compare and contrast.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Ok....
What does it mean to "work out your salvation with fear and trembling?"

What about this....

"Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous"

Don't you think if you practice RIGHTEOUSNESS and you become righteous, it's "your righteousness as a Christian?"

My brother

What about this....

Answer

This place is directly talking to those who
Have the holy spirit those who already now have the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus

It talking to them to become aware of the gift in them for them to work it out by doing the things of God since they now have the power because some think since they have holy spirit they don't need to work good works so Paul is reminding them to do good works

Someone who has not accepted Jesus does not have the power to stop sin or does not have the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus

Answer

If you practice Righteousness

Without accepting Jesus as your lord God and Savior and without receiving the holy spirit

God says that your Righteousness
Is self Righteousness

And means nothing to him
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

@the bolden please list out the "good works" that translate to mean "righteousness" let's compare and contrast.

Answer

First you can't do good works that God requires
Until you do this below

New Living Translation
Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”

Until you accept Jesus as your lord God and Savior
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Answer

First you can't do good works that God requires
Until you do this below

New Living Translation

Until you accept Jesus as your lord God and Savior
You are confusing yourself.
Please was Peter talking to unbelievers in 2 Peter 1:1-9?

Please was John talking to those who did not accept, or believe in Jesus in 1 John 3:7-10?
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

My brother

What about this....

Answer

This place is directly talking to those who
Have the holy spirit those who already now have the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus

It talking to them to become aware of the gift in them for them to work it out by doing the things of God since they now have the power because some think since they have holy spirit they don't need to work good works so Paul is reminding them to do good works

Someone who has not accepted Jesus does not have the power to stop sin or does not have the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus

Answer

If you practice Righteousness

Without accepting Jesus as your lord God and Savior and without receiving the holy spirit

God says that your Righteousness
Is self Righteousness

And means nothing to him

Before I started I said that it is good to rightly dividing the word of truth...
It is also good to be in depth and comprehensive in the studies of the scriptures.

Chech what you are typing because you have ended up trying to amend your original post.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

You are confusing yourself.

Please was John talking to those who did not accept, or believe in Jesus in 1 John 3:7-10?

you are completely confused with the steps of salvation

First God is actually the one who enables any one to believe in Jesus

After he does this great work for you
You can now accept Jesus into your life

Next he gives you the holy spirit
The holy spirit gives you the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus

From there Christ begins to form inside you and God write his laws in your heart

Which will enable you to be able to do good work and sin will not have dominion over you

That does not mean you will not sin
But God says it won't dominate you and you are now having the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus

Once you sin the laws of God in your heart won't let you rest until you Repent and forsake that sin

That how it works

Now if you don't accept Jesus as you lord God and Savior

Your self Righteousness is nothing to God

It as simple as 123
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Before I started I said that it is good to rightly dividing the word of truth...
It is also good to be in depth and comprehensive in the studies of the scriptures.

Chech what you are typing because you have ended up trying to amend your original post.

I did not mix sin with steps of Righteousness because you were the one trying to mix it as if I allow sin

That why I check you up

First accept there is nothing like Christian Righteousness
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

you are completely confused with the [b]steps of salvation[/]

First God is actually the one who enables any one to believe in Jesus

After he does this great work for you
You can now accept Jesus into your life

Next he gives you the holy spirit
The holy spirit gives you the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus

From there Christ begins to form inside you and God write his laws in your heart

Which will enable you to be able to do good work and sin will not have dominion over you

That does not mean you will not sin
But God says it won't dominate you and you are now having the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus

Once you sin the laws of God in your heart won't let you rest until you Repent and forsake that sin

That how it works

Now if you don't accept Jesus as you lord God and Savior

Your self Righteousness is nothing to God

It as simple as 123

Where we discussing "steps of salvation?"

Answer my questions from the 2 portion of the scriptures I gave you please.
Don't divert again, stay on the topic.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

I did not mix sin with steps of Righteousness because you were the one trying to mix it as if I allow sin

That why I check you up

First accept there is nothing like Christian Righteousness

You believe in trinity, yet there is no such word as trinity in the Bible.
Same thing as "Christian Righteousness". It is term used to express Christian ways of expected daily living as is evident in the 2 portions I submitted.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Please answer this questions
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

You believe in trinity, yet there is no such as trinity in the Bible.
Same thing as "Christian Righteousness". It is term used to express Christian ways of expected daily living as is evident in the 2 portions I submitted.

1 John 3:7-10?

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother

*****'' '' *'' '.' '**********
Little children... 1 John. The First Letter of John was apparently addressed to a group of churches where “false prophets,” denounced as Antichrist, denied the Incarnation of Jesus

Now look at what John say here1 John 3:8....
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil;

And look at what he equally says here
first John...... 1John 1:8

[8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. [9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. [10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Do you see one place is talking about both every one, people who come to church general preaching

The other place is to people who already have the holy spirit

If you doubt it explain why two sentences contradicts each other

*******'' ''. '*******
Peter 1:1-9?
Let me study this to answer it soon
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Please answer this questions

1 Peter 1:1-9
King James Version
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.(

. 1 Peter is addressed to the "elect resident aliens" scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia. The five areas listed in 1:1 as the geographical location of the first readers were Roman provinces in Asia Minor.

To born again
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother

Little children... 1 John. The First Letter of John was apparently addressed to a group of churches where “false prophets,” denounced as Antichrist, denied the Incarnation of Jesus

[8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. [9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. [10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Do you see one place is talking about both every one, people who come to church general preaching

*******'' ''. '*******
There is no Contradiction in that passage.
Bro. John was admonishing the church on Christian living. As those who abide in Christ should not sin but do righteousness. When you are born of God the spirit of God will quicken you from committing sin.
Vrs 10 says that between sin and righteousness, the true children of God will be made manifest.

But you are saying that no one is justified by his righteousness. It is you that contradict yourself.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

1 Peter 1:1-9
King James Version
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.(

. 1 Peter is addressed to the "elect resident aliens" scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia. The five areas listed in 1:1 as the geographical location of the first readers were Roman provinces in Asia Minor.

To born again
2 Peter 1:1-9 not 1 Peter.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2021
GardenOfGod:

There is no Contradiction in that passage.
Bro. John was admonishing the church on Christian living. As those who abide in Christ should not sin but do righteousness. When you are born of God the spirit of God will quicken you from committing sin.
Vrs 10 says that between sin and righteousness, the true children of God will be made manifest.

But you are saying that no one is justified by his righteousness. It is you that contradict yourself.

Answer

What I say is that no man can be justified by self Righteousness

Note the difference

No one is be justified by his own Righteousness or by his self Righteousness

That is what God says

You can only be justified by the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

*******'' ''. '*******
Now from the admonition of John in that portion, HAVE YOU SEEN THAT THOSE THAT DO RIGHTEOUSNESS ARE SONS OF GOD? HAVE YOU ALSO SEEN THAT RIGHTEOUSNESS IS A MUST IN THE LIFE OF ALL CHRISTIANS?

Yes or No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! / Your View About Abortion... / How My Religious Mum Encouraged Me In The Path Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.