Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works (3555 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? / Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2021
GardenOfGod:

1 John 3:7-10 is God's righteousness?
how are you coping with JW
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
how are you coping with JW
This is how I respond to them

Do you know how to solve a problem? You go to the taproot and deal with it. Then the problem will be forever solved.

I don't want to join issues with you, if I were to, I would ignore you and focus on the teachings of the WatchTower, which is the root cause of your insanity.
So excuse me!!!

Here's how I respond to them....

Russell I know, Rutherford I know, WHO ARE YOU Janosky? WHO ARE YOU MaxInDHouse?

"God gave Brother Russell (not Janosky or MaxInDHouse) to the church to be the *mouthpiece* for him; and those (e.g. Janosky and MaxInDHouse) who claim to have learned the truth apart from *Brother Russell* and his writings have been manifested by the Lord as "deceivers", ready to lead the flock of God in their way." (The Watchtower, September 15, 1922 page 279)
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2021
GardenOfGod:

[/b]
lol
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
lol
Titus 2:7-8
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Write that place down let me see
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Write that place down let me see
let the word of Christ dwells in you richly... That's what God says. So you should know that portion of the scriptures without me posting it here.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2021
GardenOfGod:
let the word of Christ dwells in you richly... That's what God says. So you should know that portion of the scriptures without me posting it here.

So you don't know others who don't know God read this thread when they see what you wrote they can't connect it to anything

Do things for those who don't know what you know not because of me I want others to learn from you too
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by GardenOfGod(m): 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

So you don't know others who don't know God read this thread when they see what you wrote they can't connect it to anything

Do things for those who don't know what you know not because of me I want others to learn from you too
Well spoken.....

King James Version
7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Well spoken.....

King James Version
7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

Beautiful

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:01am On Aug 10, 2021
HardMirror:
lol. you that knows, can you tell me how you got to know God's commands? at least if i dont even learn, someone else would learn from your sensible post and not be mislead by me. so please go ahead and tell us what god ever wrote
why use small letters for god
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
why use small letters for god

Not all believe in God
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Nancy2020(f): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Not mine!

As I said earlier, the Proof of Keeping The Laws of God is Blessings, Favours and Continuous Goodness!

And I have these things!

Can any one keep the laws of God without breaking one.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 8:34am On Aug 18, 2021
Nancy2020:

Can any one keep the laws of God without breaking one.

I would say yes, because we are told, if we keep The Laws, then The Lord will help us.

Proverbs 1:23
"Turn you at my reproof: (The Law is the reproof)

Behold, I will pour out my Spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you".

Obedience to The Law, is the beginning of the Way of Life.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:08am On Aug 18, 2021
Mr Bishopkingsley!
This is what i'm saying about Jehovah's Witnesses!

Only group having the same line of thought! John 17:20-23

All these people arguing with you are claiming Christians yet only Jehovah's Witnesses can substantiate using the scriptures that Jesus is the end of the Law! Romans 10:4

So enjoy the arguments with your fellow believers in da lord! Luke 11:23 cheesy
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Nancy2020(f): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I would say yes, because we are told, if we keep The Laws, then The Lord will help us.

Proverbs 1:23
"Turn you at my reproof: (The Law is the reproof)

Behold, I will pour out my Spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you".

Obedience to The Law, is the beginning of the Way of Life.
pure lies from sense interpretation if their was one who could keep all the laws then one person could have stoned that lady caught in the adultery, Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. Once you believe in Jesus you have passed from death to life. One rich man said he has kept all the law and Jesus test him on one part he failed it. You don't know what God used the laws to reveal in man if you do you won't say any man can keep all of it. Jesus is the one and only who kept all.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:52am On Aug 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Mr Bishopkingsley!
This is what i'm saying about Jehovah's Witnesses!

Only group having the same line of thought! John 17:20-23

All these people arguing with you are claiming Christians yet only Jehovah's Witnesses can substantiate using the scriptures that Jesus is the end of the Law! Romans 10:4

So enjoy the arguments with your fellow believers in da lord! Luke 11:23 cheesy

Your problem MaxInDHouse is you don't understand how God works there is traditional teaching and foundational teaching
now God reveals himself to each of us differently but the foundation must be on Christ is lord God

Notice God separated Paul and Barnabas because their was a disagreement on traditional teaching but both of them believe in the same foundation of Christ both believe he is God

So stop looking for all churches to believe in traditional teaching one may want to cover head the other may not think it needed

Most traditionally teaching is about how to handle money and who get more so each can have his own church and continue the preaching of God so long as you remain in the foundation

When you open your own church all members will believe what you believe other churches may not believe in your traditions

Note when you leave the foundation of the Christ and start to say he is an angel that when you become a cult
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:22am On Aug 18, 2021
The highlighted is a misconception!

Paul and Barnabas had an argument not on anything having to do with TEACHING they disputed because of Mark!
Barnabas wanted Mark to follow them in their missionary journey but Paul objected because Mark has once disappointed them!

Barʹna·bas was determined to take along John, who was called Mark. Paul, however, was not in favor of taking him along with them, seeing that he had departed from them in Pam·phylʹi·a and had not gone with them to the work. At this there was a sharp burst of anger, so that they separated from each other; and Barʹna·bas took Mark along and sailed away to Cyʹprus. Act 15:37-39

Let me advice you, you don't need to continue in this insecured beliefs of yours. Even if you open 1,000 accounts on Nairaland you can't beat the efficacy of JWs.

When God's word said:

A thousand will fall at your side And ten thousand at your right hand, But to you it will not come near! Psalms 91:7

God wasn't talking about your physical being but your faith. So if you did not build your faith with solid materials (adequate info) you will always feel insecure anytime you come in contact with people whose faith is built with solid materials on the foundational rock!

That's why you've been running around looking for support against JWs whose faith is built on the solid foundation with solid materials.

All these people you're looking at as Christians and thinking they're with you are just feeling insecure like you whenever they see or hear of JWs, because when the wind blows their feeble houses (dead faith) that's not strong will FALL! Matthew 7:24-27
Bishopkingsley:

Your problem MaxInDHouse is you don't understand how God works there is traditional teaching and foundational teaching
now God reveals himself to each of us differently but the foundation must be on Christ is lord God
Notice God separated Paul and Barnabas because their was a disagreement on traditional teaching but both of them believe in the same foundation of Christ both believe he is God
So stop looking for all churches to believe in traditional teaching one may want to cover head the other may not think it needed
Most traditionally teaching is about how to handle money and who get more so each can have his own church and continue the preaching of God so long as you remain in the foundation
When you open your own church all members will believe what you believe other churches may not believe in your traditions
Note when you leave the foundation of the Christ and start to say he is an angel that when you become a cult
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Dtruthspeaker: 11:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Nancy2020:
pure lies from sense interpretation if their was one who could keep all the laws then one person could have stoned that lady caught in the adultery,

Hate yourself and not I. You did not ask "if their was one who could keep all the laws", you asked "Can any one keep the laws of God without breaking one."

And here, you have obviously forgetten Daniel and his friends, Job and the young man in Mark 10:19/20.

Nancy2020:

One rich man said he has kept all the law and Jesus test him on one part he failed it.

See, twisting! Christ told him the anchor that was holding him down which is "his possessions and riches" WHICH IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW.

So, the man did not break Any Law, WHICH WAS YOUR QUESTION.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The highlighted is a misconception!

Paul and Barnabas had an argument not on anything having to do with TEACHING they disputed because of Mark!
Barnabas wanted Mark to follow them in their missionary journey but Paul objected because Mark has once disappointed them!

Barʹna·bas was determined to take along John, who was called Mark. Paul, however, was not in favor of taking him along with them, seeing that he had departed from them in Pam·phylʹi·a and had not gone with them to the work. At this there was a sharp burst of anger, so that they separated from each other; and Barʹna·bas took Mark along and sailed away to Cyʹprus. Act 15:37-39

Let me advice you, you don't need to continue in this insecured beliefs of yours. Even if you open 1,000 accounts on Nairaland you can't beat the efficacy of JWs.

When God's word said:

A thousand will fall at your side And ten thousand at your right hand, But to you it will not come near! Psalms 91:7

God wasn't talking about your physical being but your faith. So if you did not build your faith with solid materials (adequate info) you will always feel insecure anytime you come in contact with people whose faith is built with solid materials on the foundational rock!

That's why you've been running around looking for support against JWs whose faith is built on the solid foundation with solid materials.

All these people you're looking at as Christians and thinking they're with you are just feeling insecure like you whenever they see or hear of JWs, because when the wind blows their feeble houses (dead faith) that's not strong will FALL! Matthew 7:24-27

That is why I told you that you don't understand what traditional teaching is

This above falls under what traditional teaching is

Because it has nothing to do with Bible Jesus foundation
This disagreement is not something that can lead anyone to hell fire

But saying Jesus is an angel can lead to to hell because unbelieve is deadly
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2021
OK my own Jesus is Archangel Michael o.

I'm awaiting your HellFire! cheesy

Bishopkingsley:

That is why I told you that you don't understand what traditional teaching is
This above falls under what traditional teaching is
Because it has nothing to do with Bible Jesus foundation
This disagreement is not something that can lead anyone to hell fire
But saying Jesus is an angel can lead to to hell because unbelieve is deadly
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
OK my own Jesus is Archangel Michael o.

I'm awaiting your HellFire! cheesy

Funny at the end of life you will confess
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Until then! cheesy
Bishopkingsley:

Funny at the end of life you will confess
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Until then! cheesy

Only Jesus can give you rest
Holy spirit is there with you speak to him call on him to show you Jesus as God almighty and he will show it to you
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:40pm On Aug 18, 2021
According to Jesus, it's his disciples that will do the job to convince unbelievers about faith in him {Matthew 28:19-20; Act 1:8} not the holy spirit!
The holy spirit only speak to BELIEVERS in Christ. So Mr Bishopkingsley do you think Maximus is a believer in Jesus? smiley

Bishopkingsley:

Only Jesus can give you rest
Holy spirit is there with you speak to him call on him to show you Jesus as God almighty and he will show it to you
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
According to Jesus, it's his disciples that will do the job to convince unbelievers about faith in him {Matthew 28:19-20; Act 1:8} not the holy spirit!
The holy spirit only speak to BELIEVERS in Christ. So Mr Bishopkingsley do you think Maximus is a believer in Jesus? smiley

When I say you don't know Bible you think it a joke

John 16
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

As we preach the good news to sinners the holy spirit will be speaking in their heart and
he will reprove them of sin,
Which will make them come to Jesus

Holy spirit speaks to all creatures
God speaks to devil so nothing new if holy spirit speaks to you

Any body that calls Jesus to do any thing for him the holy spirit will attend to the request if it according to the plan of God
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
Excellent idea!
So let that holy spirit speak to me but then i'll continue preaching and teaching what i know, and i'll not stop learning from the group i love and TRUST (BELEIVE) in their teachings! wink

Bishopkingsley:

When I say you don't know Bible you think it a joke
John 16
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
As we preach the good news to sinners the holy spirit will be speaking in their heart and
he will reprove them of sin,
Which will make them come to Jesus
Holy spirit speaks to all creatures
God speaks to devil so nothing new if holy spirit speaks to you
Any body that calls Jesus to do any thing for him the holy spirit will attend to the request if it according to the plan of God
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Excellent idea!
So let that holy spirit speak to me but then i'll continue preaching and teaching what i know, and i'll not stop learning from the group i love and TRUST (BELEIVE) in their teachings! wink

If you want him call on Jesus to send you the holy spirit watch and see the evidence
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
I don't need it! cheesy

Bishopkingsley:

If you want him call on Jesus to send you the holy spirit watch and see the evidence
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I don't need it! cheesy

Ok
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by Nancy2020(f): 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
HardMirror:
lol. you that knows, can you tell me how you got to know God's commands? at least if i dont even learn, someone else would learn from your sensible post and not be mislead by me. so please go ahead and tell us what god ever wrote
why small g God
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by capnies: 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Paul often says that human beings are righteous by faith (e.g., Rom. 1:17; 3:22, 26; 4:3, 5, 9, 13; 9:30; 10:4;
Gal. 2:16; 3:6, 11; 5:5;
Phil. 3:9).
In such contexts Paul contrasts righteousness by faith with righteousness by works. Ordinarily, people are declared to be righteous in human courts on the basis of their good behavior.

That is, if they did what is good, they are declared to be in the right; but if they did what is evil, they are condemned. Paul, however, maintains that it is not those who work but those who believe who are righteous before God (Rom. 4:4–5).

Indeed, no one can be righteous by works before God, for all have fallen short of what he requires (Rom. 3:23).

Righteousness by faith, then, must refer to the gift of righteousness given to human beings by God. Human beings are not justified on the basis of doing but on the basis of believing. God declares the ungodly to be righteous (Rom. 4:5).

Nor does Paul view faith as a “work” that merits the declaration of righteousness. Faith saves because it looks entirely to what God has done for believers in Christ. It rests on Christ’s death for the forgiveness of sins and his resurrection for the sake of their justification (Rom. 3:21–26; 4:25).

The righteousness given to believers, then, is alien since it is not based on anything they have done but only on God’s work in Christ. This suggests that righteousness as a gift is granted to those who believe.

Actually what God is saying is that once I give you my holy spirit because the Righteousness of God is in the holy spirit

Then you will equally have the ability to carry out my laws my works

You can't do any good thing until God gives you his Righteousness

REVELATION 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works by capnies: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Show me where Bible state Christian Righteousness

Just show me don't add your own word to it and say it the meaning of Christian Righteousness

HEBREWS 12:14

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

A HOLY PERSON IS A RIGHTEOUS PERSON

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Did God Make Homosexuals? / How Bishop David Oyedepo Is Paid Monthly Salary / ⭐ THESE POWERFUL "QUOTES" WILL TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE!! (Updated Today)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.