Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York (54534 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by CYPRIANJUNGLE: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
OmoEpe:

IPOB miscreant/ Cownu slave spotted

So sad I haven't seen today's 100+ deaths from the north grin grin blood suckers

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by CYPRIANJUNGLE: 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2021
supportnija:

Is like I hit very well, sorry eeeh , IGBOO are the only good people in Nigeria

When people are talking I don't expect a boko haram to speak grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by ArticleBeast: 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
Okikiade03:
Hello sir
One of my dream is to become a tourist
Can you please enlighten me more or how to go about it
Thanks
@Tourist123
Hustle and make money. When you have money or source of income you can travel

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Lamanii22(f): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
celestialAgent:
Could you be kind to pick me up at Oshodi? I wouldn't mind sitting on the bus undecided

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Lamanii22(f): 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I live in one of the New England states in America. One of the intriguing things about these states is the naming of the cities and town. A vast majority of the towns are named after England.
You gonna see names like New Hampshire, Manchester, New London etc

Oh no wonder... The names of the street made it seem like you live in england ☺️
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Springboot: 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
puremaker7:
Springfield?
Hope you saw the Simpson family

Lol
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Springboot: 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I live in one of the New England states in America. One of the intriguing things about these states is the naming of the cities and town. A vast majority of the towns are named after England.
You gonna see names like New Hampshire, Manchester, New London etc

Same is replicated in Canada.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by bigpicture001: 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
Vabasi:
How come roads dry like this. People no dey walk for there?

Oyinbo place dey very scanty...only for event people dey com out..very boring
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2021
Focus on the green circle. That guy is a mad man roaming the street.
There is suffer here too though

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
you’re just so ignorant. That guy is in his mid 30s. He dyed his hair and beards. About the comment of fighting him, I meant a verbal fight. I’m an too civilized to be go physical with anybody
I reacted to your comments about mentioning is nationality because your people ain't good to strangers . My cousin is from delta and just this year he and some non Edo indigenes who have worked in Edo state for 5years being a contract staff where told to go to there state to get jobs . Just tell me now what's the different between Edo and delta state ?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
OwenJesse27:

Bad Belle Na ur people come cool abi nonsense tongue
Bad belle na Benin people get am pass oo

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2021
sugah:

Well, sort of.

I've used greyhound twice. First time was uneventful from Orlando to Atlanta Night bus so I slept all the way.
Second time the bus smelled of piss (from the toilet) and it wasn't pleasant at all.
wow... Yet we assume these buses are the best on earth
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by cedricksly: 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
zolajpower:

Bad belle na Benin people get am pass oo
I wish u can listen to this trash u just said....

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by timstone(m): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
What's the cost of the transport
Do you pay online
Is the distance compare to lagos to Benin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by excel1960(f): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
God When will I share my story?
God when??
Boss cut soap for me abeg.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by EmmaLege: 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Thats the yeye Jamaican driver

See the man head sef cheesy grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Lamanii22(f): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I used google maps to search the closest restaurants and found this nice Arabian restaurant

How's the taste like?
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YelloweWest: 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I’m back to my Airbnb apartment. Tomorrow I will visit Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty and Fifth Avenue
I was to visit these places with my dad. Then covid showed up, crippled business and now there's no visa appointment date till 2022.

My dad is 81... cry

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Lamanii22(f): 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
NotaMod:

Fellow New England. (Go PATS!!!).

Which city do you reside? I'm in Billerica, MA.

Bus trip to NY is so exhausting. All that stop, stop and more stop. The driver sef go dey drive like say na inside bus we go sleep.
What of the people wey dey enter bus, dem go dey move like snail. grin

So many Nigerians abroad... Oluwa when will I travel too ooo

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
cedricksly:
I wish u can listen to this trash u just said....
Just move on okay . Don't pour out your frustrations on me . I'm not the reason why you guys still live in dark age or backward in your reasoning . Asaba was a baby to Benin in terms of creation but I will tell you this that the development in Benin is at under par when compare to asaba yet you still condemned and become vicious to yellow fellow citizens.
Guy just accept and kiss the truth BENIN PEPO WICKED PASS JAMAICAN PEPO

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Lamanii22(f): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
Newborn27:

I'd prefer to hawk over there like him rather than work like elephant,feed like ant and still sleeping in darkness here in Nigeria....una lucky Sha diaspora Nigerians, things are happening here.

Happy birthday and safe journey bro

grin grin grin is Nigeria that bad
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by RolexOfGeneva(m): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I used google maps to search the closest restaurants and found this nice Arabian restaurant
No be kpomo be dat?
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
Springboot:

He's right, I lived in the US for 16yrs, when the opportunity came that I had to return Nigeria when my organization started full operations here, I was selected. Initially I wasn't happy about it but now I do not regret moving back here. If you're comfortable financially, Nigeria is not as bad as you all paint it online.
statements like this irk me. How many people in Nigeria are as comfortable as you are? The reality of about 90% of the pple who aren't as privileged as you, is so easily rubbished by you cos you have a posh life. Abeg. Newsflash! Every country on the surface of this earth is not so bad when you have money. Imagine the statement from this dude propped up in his luxury apartment, luxury car and well paid job 'Nigeria not so bad as you all paint it'. Nonsense

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by donforeign: 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
zolajpower:

Just like una dey tear there head Italy bah . Or I criticize them for that wan too ?

Other tribes no dey there ni ...
No be Yoruba dey pack sacrifice for street ni for UK ...Dem tear ur head?
Yeye talk
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by aswani(m): 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
What a wonderful thread op, I am enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by WaffenSS(m): 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hey, my other car.

Looks great in red

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Chloraseptic: 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2021
Gilbertase:
statements like this irk me. How many people in Nigeria are as comfortable as you are? The reality of about 90% of the pple who aren't as privileged as you, is so easily rubbished by you cos you have a posh life. Abeg. Newsflash! Every country on the surface of this earth is not so bad when you have money. Imagine the statement from this dude propped up in his luxury apartment, luxury car and well paid job 'Nigeria not so bad as you all paint it'. Nonsense

Pay most of them no mind. You'd be surprised they are equally as frustrated as every other struggling average Nigerians who're tired and eager to migrate.. Most of them don't have international passport and probably haven't even been to the local airport in the state..

It's like someone like Davido who's an American citizen by birth but residing mostly in Nigeria because of his line of work saying there's no difference between America and Nigeria.. To someone like David it could be the truth only because he's that privilege enough to escape should push ever comes shove...

As better a country as China than Nigeria, the number of Chinese people applying for residency in America triple the number of Nigerians if not more self.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by codemaniacs: 5:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
Gilbertase:

millions of people in Nigeria are more comfortable than Springboot..

Nigeria didn't start in the year 1960, millions of Nigerians have generational wealth..

your comment reeks of envy..

he doesn't need to live in a luxury apartment or have a luxury car or well paid job to make comments... As long as his working and he can pay his bills and have savings then he can live comfortably and its the same for anyone...

your problem is you want to live a luxury life, own a luxury car and have a well paid job before you believe you're living comfortably and that's a negative mentality to have...

from this your comment, Your other problem is you're ready to verbally attack and most likely also physically attack Nigerians that you assume are doing better than you...

that he said he lived in the U:S does not mean its true as anyone can say anything online but its likely true as I said a lot of Nigerians have generational wealth especially if you come from a family whose grand parents were university educated and even great grand parents were university educated.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
codemaniacs:

millions of people in Nigeria are more comfortable than Springboot..

Nigeria didn't start in the year 1960, millions of Nigerians have generational wealth..

your comment reeks of envy..

he doesn't need to live in a luxury apartment or have a luxury car or well paid job to make comments... As long as his working and he can pay his bills and have savings then he can live comfortably and its the same for anyone...

your problem is you want to live a luxury life, own a luxury car and have a well paid job before you believe you're living comfortably and that's a negative mentality to have...

from this your comment, Your other problem is you're ready to verbally attack and most likely also physically attack Nigerians that you assume are doing better than you...

that he said he lived in the U:S does not mean its true as anyone can say anything online but its likely true as I said a lot of Nigerians have generational wealth especially if you come from a family whose grand parents were university educated and even great grand parents were university educated.
lots of mumbo-jumbo. First, I envy no one. Second, what you FAILED to comprehend is that you can't rubbish the glaring realities of the vast majority cos you are in the privileged few. I suspect you may be a politician, and if you aren't, you are no different..they are the ones who are low in comprehension and only see life thru the prism of their posh lives. To the Nigerian politician, Nigeria is Eldorado and hunger no dey. I pray you get the point now. Bye.

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Mcslize: 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
Springboot:

He's right, I lived in the US for 16yrs, when the opportunity came that I had to return Nigeria when my organization started full operations here, I was selected. Initially I wasn't happy about it but now I do not regret moving back here. If you're comfortable financially, Nigeria is not as bad as you all paint it online.

Seriously? With all the insecurities, kidnappings, police harassments, irredeemable corruptions, incessant killings, dieing health care we all experience in this country?

Please, tell me another thing. We are not safe in this country. Any day you wake up and see a new day, thank God.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by omanzo02: 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

What's that thing that looks like condoms in your meal
It's not condom.... it's coffee cookies, little cup of milk or jam or butter or cheese for bread.....that type are mostly used in hotels, restaurant and airplane.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Petr Kellner Dies In Helicopter Crash / 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.