Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York (54554 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by RodgersAkpafu: 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
NotaMod:

True. Some places in the south occupied by whites are are scarier.

I was talking more in terms of Redlining, access to governmental loan to buy houses, segregation, Jim crow etc etc.

Do you know that the US govt through the Federal housing administration made it illegal to approve mortgage to black people?

Do you know that there's a term for when black people move to a white neighborhood? It's called blockbusting and it was used to reduce the value of a property.

So, Redlining can affect the amount of funding available for an area. The wealth of the area, the health standards and also the quality of schools.
I know all these as well
These factors fuelled the stereotype
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Originalsly: 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
Bifwoli:

When are you coming to visit us down here in Alabama? Many many Igbos and Yorubas live here.

Alabama?... in my mind Alabama is like another country! ... too sprawling... too slow... but.... will be interested in its history... like slave plantations and to get a good dose of blues from the ehmmm.... horse's mouth!
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Originalsly: 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
NotaMod:

True. Some places in the south occupied by whites are are scarier.

I was talking more in terms of Redlining, access to governmental loan to buy houses, segregation, Jim crow etc etc.

Do you know that the US govt through the Federal housing administration made it illegal to approve mortgage to black people?

Do you know that there's a term for when black people move to a white neighborhood? It's called blockbusting and it was used to reduce the value of a property.

So, Redlining can affect the amount of funding available for an area. The wealth of the area, the health standards and also the quality of schools.

True! Redlining .... Blacks moving into White area... property value drops and less money given to the community. Whites moving into a Black neighbourhood...gentrification.. a whole lot of money is pumped into the area to upgrade everything! .. then there is the one not knowing the game... youbsee how well Whites keep their neighbourhood?.. not the lazy drug peddling Blacks!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Bifwoli: 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
Originalsly:

Alabama?... in my mind Alabama is like another country! ... too sprawling... too slow... but.... will be interested in its history... like slave plantations and to get a good dose of blues from the ehmmm.... horse's mouth!
You just don't know jare. Huntsville - the city where i'm now based ranks amongst the 10 best cities to retire .In fact the last 10yrs the population has ballooned by 35,000 people thus now overtaking Birmingham as the largest city.Come here and be surprised .

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Originalsly: 2:08am On Aug 14, 2021
Bifwoli:

You just don't know jare. Huntsville - the city where i'm now based ranks amongst the 10 best cities to retire .In fact the last 10yrs the population has ballooned by 35,000 people thus now overtaking Birmingham as the largest city.Come here and be surprised .

Ranking etirement city??..... that makes it worse for my liking!... wayyy too slow and not crowded! I like noise and hustle and bustle ... but not chaos!... city needs to be bubbling!
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YelloweWest: 8:30am On Aug 14, 2021
dlordy100:

July 1st week
Pls can you link me with who ever he was working with? annria456@yahoo.com
Each time I try the only available dates are 2022...
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by dlordy100: 11:04am On Aug 15, 2021
YelloweWest:

Pls can you link me with who ever he was working with? annria456@yahoo.com
Each time I try the only available dates are 2022...
What type of visa
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YelloweWest: 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2021
dlordy100:

What type of visa
B1B2
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2021
Hi guys!
It’s Tourist again,
I will be visiting Rhode Island tomorrow for a friend’s wedding. It’s a 3 hrs drive and I intend to open another thread for the trip

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Olumighty123(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2021
Tourist123:
Hi guys!
It’s Tourist again,
I will be visiting Rhode Island tomorrow for a friend’s wedding. It’s a 3 hrs drive and I intend to open another thread for the trip

Oya, tag me when you do
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Firefox01: 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2021
Tourist123:
Hi guys!
It’s Tourist again,
You can continue with this boss. You can just adjust the title of this thread to something like "A Nairalander's road Trips in America"
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2021
Tourist123:
Hi guys!
It’s Tourist again,

Have a safe journey sir...
Please, Do A lil' giveaway for us at home ������ thanks sir
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Brightfab(m): 8:43am On Aug 28, 2021
Tourist123:
Hi guys!
It’s Tourist again,
Bro please tell the Mods not to move it to front page,it usually makes travel threads less interesting with irrelevant messages and often times derailed. You may even end up abadoning it.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2021
isaythetruth:
Nice thread, mummyimbecile I sight you, bro, you no dey visit our ashawo thread again... Keep flexing bro. It's like you don relocate from Florida?
Hello bro,I sent you a pm, there is something I wanted to enquire from you
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by isaythetruth(m): 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Hello bro,I sent you a pm, there is something I wanted to enquire from you or you can whatasapp me 08068979969
Boss, I've checked my pm, I didn't see your message. Hope is not something serious?...

We can talk on a dead thread.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
isaythetruth:
Boss, I've checked my pm, I didn't see your message. Hope is not something serious?...

Less talk on WhatsApp please
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
isaythetruth:

Am a big fan of you,I want to learn more about copy writing if you can advice me on he best way to learn and start earning online,I am against internet scam too.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by isaythetruth(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Am a big fan of you,I want to learn more about copy writing if you can advice me on he best way to learn and start earning online,I am against internet scam too.
thats nice to know. I'll send you a link to our thread.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Bablosik: 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2022
Thanks for sharing these lovely pics! Did you report that Jamaican driver for being rude? It would be best if you told us more about the experience of travelling by bus(the perks and disadvantages). I moved about three years ago to Europe with my studies, and there we aren't moving by bus. I usually travel by train with Deutschen Bahn, and fortunately, they have this online platform https://www.dbauskunft.com/de/ where you can book tickets in advance and be sure you have a seat on a specific route.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by oxiide22(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2023
Tourist123:
We just left Harford, Connecticut
hi
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Beatricebarbie: 6:48am On Aug 07, 2023
Tourist123:
Hi guys, for my birthday this year, I will be visiting New York City via Road.
Kindly sit back and relax �
Baby

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea . / Russian Plane Crash-Landed In Cornfield After Engines Suck In Birds(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.