Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? (33999 Views)

Who Has The Best Midfield Trio In The Epl This Season (photo) / Best Midfield Trio ? Xavi-busquets-iniesta Or Kroos-casemiro-modric? / RETURN LEG: Which Team Has What It Takes To Enter The Next Round Of Hifl® 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by BigDawsNet: 8:45am On Aug 06, 2021
Eillyeillz:

He agreed to a pay cut at barca, His wage was slashed in half(250k)Liverpool can afford it, but our owners would never sanction the move.

Even if he wants 200k, Liverpool will never sign him... They are literally Arsenal in disguise
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Eillyeillz(m): 8:54am On Aug 06, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Even if he wants 200k, Liverpool will never sign him... They are literally Arsenal in disguise

Been telling people this for a long time now, FSG turned Liverpool into Arsenal in the transfer market.
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by BigDawsNet: 8:56am On Aug 06, 2021
Eillyeillz:

Been telling people this for a long time now, FSG turned Liverpool into Arsenal in the transfer market.

Let's just maintain the big players we have now.... because lfc is only looking to sign player from 15m-30m max and expect him to be the world best
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by koladebrainiac(m): 9:25am On Aug 06, 2021
gentlegenius:

Are you not contradicting yourself?
If Chelsea has the most effective midfield, then they surely, are the best.
not in that sense
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Eillyeillz(m): 10:56am On Aug 06, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Let's just maintain the big players we have now.... because lfc is only looking to sign player from 15m-30m max and expect him to be the world best

Sadly..... No trophy for a few more years, since they've refused to improving on an already Tired and aging squad.

Are you on any interactive Liverpool Group on Whatsapp?? If Yes, Drop a link.

The one's I'm on have been ran over by kids.

1 Like

Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by OMNIVIRUS(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2021
Mangekyo:

Im not talking about this year's euro 2020. I'm talking about world cup. France used 4-3-3 in World cup and won it with kante playing as a, lone defensive midfielder. Sit down man
How so?
A midfield of Matuidi, Kante and Pogba is more 4-2-3-1, or two pivot DM.
Matuidi is a classic box to box midfielder, so how is he a lone pivot?
In the absence of Matuidi we have a Tolisso, box to box, so baba calm down.
In football, the position your heat map shows, when you popped most, determines you role, not where the team list says you are.
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by BigDawsNet: 11:28am On Aug 06, 2021
Eillyeillz:

Sadly..... No trophy for a few more years, since they've refused to improving on an already Tired and aging squad.

Are you on any interactive Liverpool Group on Whatsapp?? If Yes, Drop a link.

The one's I'm on have been ran over by kids.

Nah , only reason I don't fancy the WhatsApp group

I just follow the Facebook
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Mangekyo: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
OMNIVIRUS:

How so?
A midfield of Matuidi, Kante and Pogba is more 4-2-3-1, or two pivot DM.
Matuidi is a classic box to box midfielder, so how is he a lone pivot?
In the absence of Matuidi we have a Tolisso, box to box, so baba calm down.
In football, the position your heat map shows, when you popped most, determines you role, not where the team list says you are.

Ogbeni keep quite and stop talking trash.
France used a 4-3-3 formation in 2018, with kante playing as a defensive/holding midfielder. Matuidi/tolisso and Pogba played as CM.
Is box to box not a cm? What the f**k is this guy even saying? grin there's a difference between a DM and a box to box.
A dm stays back at most times, but a box to box always moves forward to join the attack whenever the opportunity arises. They can also track back if they have the stamina.
Pogba played as a center midfielder, matuidi/tolisso played as a box to box center midfielder. While kante played as the holding midfielder.
I can't believe you're actually saying you haven't seen kante play as a lone dm, or he isn't good as a lone dm. Well it can only mean one thing. You started watching football in 2019, obviously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Powerfly(f): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Thank you for d correction. I'm considering giving them 0-0 today though Viborg their opponent sabi score so it may not end goalless.

Copenhagen dey try but they messed people up last week.

Are you a lady? Or a male with an f... I'm just curious... cheesy
Copenhagen messed me up...if I need goals...I always count on brondgy..ABI na wetin Dem dey call am....
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Eillyeillz(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Nah , only reason I don't fancy the WhatsApp group

I just follow the Facebook

I don't facebook.
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Liposure: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lamasta:
[/b]
Oga una don win now na to dey shout Tuchel dis Tuchel that we dey here na 1 season or 2 I give the Tuchel before una tone go change....Na here we dey league go soon start we will see what your Tuchel wants to offer grin
What do you think about this Grealish buy? To me its outrageous. Grealish is not up to that amount
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Lamasta(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
Liposure:
What do you think about this Grealish buy? To me its outrageous. Grealish is not up to that amount
The guy is good but I don't see him as a regular starter for Pep tho I might be proved wrong but personally I think its a wrong buy for City....
For the money that's British for you their players are overhyoed and outrageous fees are placed on them but most if not all don't perform.
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by AutoChick4U(f): 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
Powerfly:

Copenhagen messed me up...if I need goals...I always count on brondgy..ABI na wetin Dem dey call am....
Broendy. I'm a lady

1 Like

Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Powerfly(f): 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Broendy. I'm a lady

Wow... Can we come together and predict? I have a 20 odd game.. o would love you to throw some insights on....

2 Likes

Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by AutoChick4U(f): 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
Powerfly:

Wow... Can we come together and predict? I have a 20 odd game.. o would love you to throw some insights on....
Great.dm

1 Like

Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by OMNIVIRUS(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
Mangekyo:

Ogbeni keep quite and stop talking trash.
France used a 4-3-3 formation in 2018, with kante playing as a defensive/holding midfielder. Matuidi/tolisso and Pogba played as CM.
Is box to box not a cm? What the f**k is this guy even saying? grin there's a difference between a DM and a box to box.
A dm stays back at most times, but a box to box always moves forward to join the attack whenever the opportunity arises. They can also track back if they have the stamina.
Pogba played as a center midfielder, matuidi/tolisso played as a box to box center midfielder. While kante played as the holding midfielder.
I can't believe you're actually saying you haven't seen kante play as a lone dm, or he isn't good as a lone dm. Well it can only mean one thing. You started watching football in 2019, obviously
Then you're misunderstanding me.
I used to have that misunderstanding. But lemme clear you.
Kante is a proper play destroying midfielder. Intercept, and recycle play. There is a holding midfielder, tactically called a libero, they are not very defensive, but their positioning and ball playing ability allows them to recycle play effortlessly, especially when playing balls into channels eg Busquets, Jorginho, case in point.
There are also players who seems to be defensive but are actually play makers in their role, they call them defensive play makers eg Pirlo, Alonso, Fabregas under Conte.
You dropped an Image showing matuidi and Kante in the same midfield but you're judging base's on the line up.
Matuidi is box to box, he'd will always defend when out of position, very deeply with Kante but is able to make forward runs into channels on transition.
Kante is never alone in a midfield but Pivot.
He suffered when used solitary by Frank and also when asked to box to box by Sarri.
Tuschel used him as a double with a dm play maker just as conte did with Fabregas just as Deschamps did with Matuidi and Ranieri Did with Drinkwater.
Are you getting the point now?

If not,
In France when Kante was asked to Singly pivot with Rabiot and Pogba in midfield, check his performance or even alone in Chelsea as a lone pivot.....

Oga I get your anger, but when you watch ball, don't watch just the line up, look at the players in transition, both offensively and defensively, you may start to understand that line ups do not count in the modern football. Coaches my line up 4-3-3 but play 4-4-2 diamond, they may line up one way and play another.
There are teams that a 4-1-4-1 in attack but defend 4-2-3-1, it all about the tactical acumen of the coaches.
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Mangekyo: 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
OMNIVIRUS:

Then you're misunderstanding me.
I used to have that misunderstanding. But lemme clear you.
Kante is a proper play destroying midfielder. Intercept, and recycle play. There is a holding midfielder, tactically called a libero, they are not very defensive, but their positioning and ball playing ability allows them to recycle play effortlessly, especially when playing balls into channels eg Busquets, Jorginho, case in point.
There are also players who seems to be defensive but are actually play makers in their role, they call them defensive play makers eg Pirlo, Alonso, Fabregas under Conte.

You dropped an Image showing matuidi and Kante in the same midfield but you're judging base's on the line up.
Matuidi is box to box, he'd will always defend when out of position, very deeply with Kante but is able to make forward runs into channels on transition.
Kante is never alone in a midfield but Pivot.
He suffered when used solitary by Frank and also when asked to box to box by Sarri.
Tuschel used him as a double with a dm play maker just as conte did with Fabregas just as Deschamps did with Matuidi and Ranieri Did with Drinkwater.

If not,
In France when Kante was asked to Singly pivot with Rabiot and Pogba in midfield, check his performance or even alone in Chelsea as a lone pivot.....

Oga I get your anger, but when you watch ball, don't watch just the line up, look at the players in transition, both offensively and defensively, you may start to understand that line ups do not count in the modern football. Coaches my line up 4-3-3 but play 4-4-2 diamond, they may line up one way and play another.
There are teams that a 4-1-4-1 in attack but defend 4-2-3-1, it all about the tactical acumen of the coaches.

Oga what are you even saying? When did I say box to box midfielders don't defend when out of possession? All midfielders defend when out of possession! Fact!
In Chelsea, Kante and jorginho do play as holding midfielders. Kante and I think Pogba paired as holding midfielders in the Euro 2020. Now you make it look as if kante cannot function alone as the only holding midfielder in a team which is false.
He clearly did it the world cup. Matuidi played as a box to box, not a holding midfielder with kante in the midfield. Kante was the only one left behind to break up fast paced counter attacks and he did it wonderfully. There's a difference between dm and box to box. A box to box is a cm who has the stamina and can get forward whenever the opportunity arises. Dm hardly go forward. They stay behind to break up counter attacks. There may be attacks that would be too fast for box to box to return back for, that's where dms come in. Kante functioned as a lone dm in the world cup.

Kante is never alone in a midfield but Pivot
Is there a midfielder that can funtjon alone in a midfield? Midfielders have specific roles in a midfield. The role of kante in the midfield is to hold play and break up attacks (defensive midfielder). Although he's more effective with having another holding midfielder with him in the midfield eg jorginho/kovacic, he can do it alone if there are none. He did it in the world cup!

Ogbeni I never said kante can play box to box if that's what you think I said.
What I said is only he can play as a dm with two box to box or cms in front of him.

Why would anyone be playing kante as a box to box when he's a a natural dm? It's like playing busquets, or matic as box to box midfielders. Lampard was dumb. Sarri wanted to accommodate jorginho who couldn't play any other place apart of holding midfielder.
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by pacifust058(m): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
proxillin:

No cry ooo
cry on wetin?
I argue football with fact, even Porto won the UCL being underdogs
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Powerfly(f): 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Great.dm

I have....
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Tundex911: 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
BigDawsNet:

grin grin we go still replace gini bayi?

Cus it's important oh...if we won contests with mancity

Saul my focus
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by BigDawsNet: 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tundex911:

Saul my focus

If we can sign him...then we good to go

1 Like

Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Silentgroper(m): 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tundex911:

Saul my focus
Eillyeillz:

He agreed to a pay cut at barca, His wage was slashed in half(250k)Liverpool can afford it, but our owners would never sanction the move.
BigDawsNet:

If we can sign him...then we good to go
Eillyeillz:

U guys knw we've got an official thread 4 discussions like dz.
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Silentgroper(m): 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
Powerfly:

Seriously ??
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by BigDawsNet: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Silentgroper:

Seriously? Liverpool Thread? Send link
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Silentgroper(m): 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2021
Powerfly:

I have....
U're getting ur groove back. If it is wat i think it is.
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Powerfly(f): 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
Silentgroper:
U're getting ur groove back. If it is wat i think it is.

Something like that
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Silentgroper(m): 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
Powerfly:

Something like that
Enjoy.
ur signature though.
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Eillyeillz(m): 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
Silentgroper:

Where??
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Powerfly(f): 8:31am On Aug 07, 2021
Silentgroper:
Enjoy.

ur signature though.

Yea...I set that as a reminder for myself
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Silentgroper(m): 10:21am On Aug 07, 2021
Powerfly:

Yea...I set that as a reminder for myself
I knw.. doesnt it get to u negatively?
Re: English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? by Powerfly(f): 10:46am On Aug 07, 2021
Silentgroper:
I knw.. doesnt it get to u negatively?

Well.... I don't think so....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Ahmed Musa Reacts As Victor Moses Retires From Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.