Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades (33297 Views)

A Funny Notice Spotted At The Entrance Of Ignatius Ajuru University / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) / Ignatius Ajuru University Girls Twerk Hard During Graduation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by SmartPolician: 7:32am On Aug 07, 2021
I like this, but the truth remains that no undergraduate can make a First Class if they are not brilliant. Making a First Class starts from when you were a novice in school (Year 1).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Oju4190: 7:33am On Aug 07, 2021
Will they also conduct test for third class or pass students to ascertain whether they have been victimised by the lecturers wit the usual if "u don't sleep with me u won't graduate".

3 Likes

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Sonnobax15(m): 7:33am On Aug 07, 2021
grin

Good...
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Chigold101(m): 7:34am On Aug 07, 2021
BabbanBura:

Not necessary except if it is for a research purpose. The system should have taken care of proving if these are meritorious or not!
Which system are you talking about?
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by aikyg(m): 7:35am On Aug 07, 2021
This is very wrong! Very very very wrong!

1 Like

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Pharaohny: 7:35am On Aug 07, 2021
What are they trying to defend? Standard they never had?

1 Like

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by lunacol(m): 7:37am On Aug 07, 2021
It means that they don't trust there system. They should have called an outside body like Dragnet to set the test for them.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by michealdeco: 7:39am On Aug 07, 2021
What about test for failed students to see if they really failed

4 Likes

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by otokx(m): 7:41am On Aug 07, 2021
Go to NYSC orientation camp and read the application letters of "graduates" seeking for permission to exit the camp.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by house10studio: 7:41am On Aug 07, 2021
unnecessary n d administration should be punish
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by matm: 7:42am On Aug 07, 2021
very good.Say no to sorting
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Shinor(m): 7:43am On Aug 07, 2021
Typical African/ Nigerian reaction to a problem. Always demonstrating a lack of critical analysis of situations. This is an institution that is supposed to produce teachers of future leaders O.
Hmmm. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by walozanga(m): 7:43am On Aug 07, 2021
mikezuruki:
This doesn't make any sense. If they pass through your system, and would have to write an exam to prove their first class grade, is that not a pointer to a porous system?

Why must one even have to write a quantitative reasoning exam for 45 Minutes to prove what I got in four years?

What would a graduate of English studies do?

the school should be ashamed of the system that gave them the grade if they can't trust it
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 07, 2021
The vice chancellor needs to be sacked. Period!
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by tolaade1960: 7:52am On Aug 07, 2021
This is rubbish. There was a standard to measure their grade which they had passed through unless their lecturers just dashed them scores.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Fiscus105(m): 7:52am On Aug 07, 2021
mikezuruki:
This doesn't make any sense. If they pass through your system, and would have to write an exam to prove their first class grade, is that not a pointer to a porous system?

Why must one even have to write a quantitative reasoning exam for 45 Minutes to prove what I got in four years?

Innocent mind fear no accusations

If indeed they are first let them do the reasoning exam.

Let graduates start presenting exact grades that their intelligent equivalent to.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by akanbiaa(m): 7:53am On Aug 07, 2021
True test is for the graduates to use their skills and knowledge to practically (not theoretically)solve different societal problems.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by WibusJaga: 7:55am On Aug 07, 2021
Nonsense!
There is no single test that that will accurately retest the integrity of the process of acquiring a first class. They can as well build it into the process.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by seunayantokun(m): 7:57am On Aug 07, 2021
Symptom of a defective system
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by BuzoDeGr8: 7:59am On Aug 07, 2021
This system doesn't make any sense to me because, that cumulative is not a one year stuff talk more of being a particular course.
Come to think of it now, someone who studied English language or chemistry will have to prove him/herself with quantitative reasoning! Is there any relationship between them?
If and only if this kind of system will work out then, let those students face the test in their various areas of profession. Or better still, the university system should question their credibility. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by optimistic0001: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2021
This is rubbish, then what was the essence of the exams they were writing all through their time, or do we now use test to award grade in the University instead of widely used exams?

2 Likes

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ojycelarma: 8:03am On Aug 07, 2021
The sch are not sure of their practical credibility nii? I guess its mostly theory not practical undecided dem go use theory kill you for this country, with all our first shocked well what if a student says he's not interested nko, at least they should put prize money if not they shouldn't write it. I guess no students right in Nigerian uni
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Comedian2019: 8:05am On Aug 07, 2021
It's illegal to subject them to another test outside the exams.
Are they going to reduce their grades if they perform below expectation?

Whoever advised the school to embark on this sham must be high on some cheap substance.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Trustedpronet: 8:05am On Aug 07, 2021
I'm not a fan of first class,..i'm interested in what can stop Nigeria from importing cars, phones, zink, tyre, Biro, textiles, electronic and good government.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 07, 2021
BabbanBura:

Not necessary except if it is for a research purpose. The system should have taken care of proving if these are meritorious or not!
Exactly. I don’t know the kind of nut that comes off the head of Nigerians from time to time.
There’s a system in place to ensure that every grade awarded to each student was merited.
But one person would just wake up one day and pull out one awkward policy out of nowhere and try to enforce.
Like the lady that printed “cheated in all my exams on her polo”. Imagine the dumb school management asking her to retake all exams from 200lvl.
Isn’t there a system in place to check malpractice. The girl can claim to be joking for all anyone cares. The case holds no water.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by hectorswag(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2021
Wow! Very laudable initiative by the University and major respect to those students who agreed to take the test. This is an opportunity for them to truly prove their worth because this news is already making headlines.

Any student that passes the 70% mark in this test should be given cash rewards, automatic employment or scholarships to further their education, and those who fail, well, should be allowed to go home with their first class. My two cents smiley
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Sunsets: 8:07am On Aug 07, 2021
A bad and ridiculous move. You are actually mocking your system. The university is on test and not the students. They should rather fix their substandard system.
Sixsigmahub:

https:///first-class-students-of-ignatius-ajuru-university-of-education-to-write-test-to-prove-degree-authenticity/
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by UncleKoboko: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2021
mikezuruki:

It doesn't make sense to you but it makes sense to them. Who cares about your opinion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by 9gerian: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2021
Makes sense! Even 2.2 should be added to the test if that’s all it takes to get the 1st class award.

Timoken:
This sounds vague. This means the school doesn't trust in the credibility of her system.

If they deem this fit, they should also give the test to students who graduated with 2.1, and if they merit it, they should be awarded First Class. Rubbish school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queen's College Orphan Pupil Buried (Photos) / Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Suspended By UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.