Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades (33280 Views)

A Funny Notice Spotted At The Entrance Of Ignatius Ajuru University / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) / Ignatius Ajuru University Girls Twerk Hard During Graduation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by ModestGal(f): 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Oga, stop being foolish and see the bigger picture here : a student who graduated with a first class will surely be able to defend it any day, anytime . So save your noise making for something more worthwhile
I understand you are dumb dear, you cannot understand how such policy makes no single sense. You have forgotten about other factors that could impede such student, you don't even know what cgpa means, go and read the definition of that first
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
ModestGal:

I understand you are dumb dear, you cannot understand how such policy makes no single sense. You have forgotten about other factors that could impede such student, you don't even know what cgpa means, go and read the definition of that first
[/s] A fool like you should never have graced this thread . I wonder why Seun has not done the necessary in giving IQ tests to people as a means of registering on this platform.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] A fool like you cannot understand that every school has its rules and regulations by which it abides. And each schools' Senate law differs from the next. Those pioneering universities you mentioned are thriving on old glory and corruption ,yet you want this university to follow that same path... ? Wallahi you dey mad ...
Am sure you were referring to your father.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You have not been abroad, neither have you seen a better standard of education. For if you had , you would not have said "Does those schools subject their graduate to...
So you think the time zones in the world are the same I suppose?. How universities have you toured globally if I may ask? Before you gained admission into secondary school, I had my degrees. Don't think everyone on this platform are of the same age group.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
edoairways:

So you think the time zones in the world are the same I suppose?. How universities have you toured globally if I may ask? Before you gained admission into secondary school, I had my degrees. Don't think everyone on this platform are of the same age group.
[/s] Keep quiet jare ...you're on of those miscreants from this generation indomie idiots that can't construct a complete sentence without throwing grammatical blunders . And even if you were older than me (which I doubt ) you should know that there is nothing wrong with what I said regarding the universities scrutinizing their finest
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Keep quiet jare ...you're on of those miscreants from this generation indomie idiots that can't construct a complete sentence without throwing grammatical blunders . And even if you were older than me (which I doubt ) you should know that there is nothing wrong with what I said regarding the universities scrutinizing their finest
Just look at this kid? You were you born in 70's or 80's?. You are absolutely wrong because Ignatius Ajuru University just exposed their weaknesses in public. This singular act would send a bad signal to employers that Ignatius Ajuru University had been graduating half baked graduate. . It is rare for a universitiy anywhere in the world to do what they just did. The excuse of Nigerian graduate writing
exams abroad is null and void. Harvard university will never conduct exam twice for their graduate talk more of other schools globally. Ignatius Ajuru should check their staffs because majority are corrupt.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
edoairways:

Just look at this kid? You were you born in 70's or 80's?. You are absolutely wrong because Ignatius Ajuru University just exposed their weaknesses in public. This singular act would send a bad signal to employers that Ignatius Ajuru University had been graduating half baked graduate. . It is rare for a universitiy anywhere in the world to do what they just did. The excuse of Nigerian graduate writing
exams abroad is null and void. Harvard university will never conduct exam twice for their graduate talk more of other schools globally. Ignatius Ajuru should check their staffs because majority are corrupt.
Oga, your country is the 3rd most corrupt nation on earth and I wonder how you can sit there and rant without shedding tears for Nigeria. If you don't know that Nigeria's corruption level is on a high , then you need your brain rewired. Because as it stands now , Nigeria is well known both home and abroad for dubious practices in all things...even what is produce in Nigeria is always in need of a kind if verification test before it can be accepted worldwide. And this has manifested itself even in our standard of education.

Didn't it occur to you that this trend might have been seen by the management of the school, and it wanted to take strong actions against such acts by setting up such exams to truly test the abilities of their finest students so as not to allow them to bring embarrassment to the image of the institution when they go out for employment?

This is something simple, and I don't know why your head can't comprehend the good behind this motive

1 Like

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by guiddoti: 2:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You have to understand that Nigeria is a corrupt country that is filled with corrupt practices in the most unlikely institutions , and that includes the academia . If you have had the privilege of travelling up north or to some rural areas down south , you will see student-graduates who came out with 2.1 , 2.2 and 3rd class speaking and writing as if they are slightly less than semi-illiterates. Which is why I support this institution for giving a test to its finest.
Why do you think 2.1, 2.2 and 3rd shouldn't be given test too.? All shit na shit
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga, your country is the 3rd most corrupt nation on earth and I wonder how you can sit there and rant without shedding tears for Nigeria. If you don't know that Nigeria's corruption level is on a high , then you need your brain rewired. Because as it stands now , Nigeria is well known both home and abroad for dubious practices in all things...even what is produce in Nigeria is always in need of a kind if verification test before it can be accepted worldwide. And this has manifested itself even in our standard of education.

This thing trend might have been seen by the management of the school, and it may want take strong actions against such acts by setting up such exams to truly test the abilities of their finest students so as not to allow them to bring embarrassment to the image of the institution when they go out for employment.

This is something simple and I don't know why your head can't comprehend the good behind this motive
When you treat an issue, you go to the root not the stem. University introduced screening exams as result of the inefficiency in JAMB however it back -fired as many students circumvent the system to gain admission. Jamb registrar even confirm this in his reports last year. Ignatius Ajuru University will experience similar fate if they don't retract their step to get it right. Ways to validate their certificate include but not limited to the following;
1. The use of CCTV cameras for lectures and examinations
2. Teaching and marking of scripts shouldn't be restricted to one or two lecturers across all levels. Schools like Uniben, OAU, UI among others had adopted this approach.
3. Computerisation of results should be the school's priority.
4. From time to time, the school should change their staffs at the following units- ICT, exams and record, Students' Affairs.
5. Nepotism and tribalism should be reduced. Infact this has contributed to the menace in our educational system.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
edoairways:

When you treat an issue, you go to the root not the stem. University introduced screening exams as result of the inefficiency in JAMB however it back -fired as many students circumvent the system to gain admission. Jamb registrar even confirm this in his reports last year. Ignatius Ajuru University will experience similar fate if they don't retract their step to get it right. Ways to validate their certificate include but not limited to the following;
1. The use of CCTV cameras for lectures and examinations
2. Teaching and marking of scripts shouldn't be restricted to one or two lecturers across all levels. Schools like Uniben, OAU, UI among others had adopted this approach.
3. Computerisation of results should be the school's priority.
4. From time to time, the school should change their staffs at the following units- ICT, exams and record, Students' Affairs.
5. Nepotism and tribalism should be reduced. Infact this has contributed to the menace in our educational system.

These are recommendations that have not been implemented by any NUC body governing universities in Nigeria. But until that happens ,let the students take their test in peace. After all, its is reasoning test biko
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
guiddoti:
Why do you think 2.1, 2.2 and 3rd shouldn't be given test too.? All shit na shit
All results should be scrutinized, but a first class should be scrutinized more because it is the image of the school. You can allow your inner shirt get dirty, but what you wear outside must be clean at all time if not you will be seen as a dirty person

1 Like

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Gfskw: 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ok
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by IgboWarlord(m): 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
Na yahoo influence am..Ni**ggas be offering lecturers huge sums to pass their courses.I know of a dude here in PH that practically paid for all his 300 level to final year courses,turning a 2.45 CGPA to a high 4.something.The money he spent spanned almost seven figures and no be only am.There are many others like him,so i support this test set up by this Uni.Mey we know who be who.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
IgboWarlord:
Na yahoo influence am..Ni**ggas be offering lecturers huge sums to pass their courses.I know of a dude here in PH that practically paid for all his 300 level to final year courses,turning a 2.45 CGPA to a high 4.something.The money he spent spanned almost seven figures and no be only am.There are many others like him,so i support this test set up by this Uni.Mey we know who be who.
Your head get oil...
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by IgboWarlord(m): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Your head get oil...

Thanks man.The thing is very clear,the rot of the Yahoo menace has eaten so deep that it has affected the University system,certificates are being BOUGHT left right and center like common newspaper.There is even a price range,depending on the level of cert you want.You pay higher for 1.1 and 2.1 and pay lesser for 2.2 and below..The rate it's going now,in 3-5 years time,secondary school students will be coming to school with cars and buying WAEC and NECO certificates.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Thanks man.The thing is very clear,the rot of the Yahoo menace has eaten so deep that it has affected the University system,certificates are being BOUGHT left right and center like common newspaper.There is even a price range,depending on the level of cert you want.You pay higher for 1.1 and 2.1 and pay lesser for 2.2 and below..The rate it's going now,in 3-5 years time,secondary school students will be coming to school with cars and buying WAEC and NECO certificates.
You are right my brother . Even the school I graduated from was involved in something like that . There were instances of students from the department of Mathematics and Statistics getting abnormal CGPA . I can even recall that during my set there were over 400 first class students ...can you imagine ? And a lot of them got this grade through different shades of examination malpractice . But what saved people like us was just God and hard work which is why I welcome this development with all joy .
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Igwekaala(m): 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
That's a shame and puts a question mark on the credibility of school
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Sunsets: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
That wan weak me
stanliwise:
And the part where the university just showed the world. They don’t trust their own stsystem nkor?
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Karleb(m): 6:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Very very stupid idea. angry

What test would I write if I graduate with a pass? They should just keep their first class and start grading from 2.1.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by guiddoti: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
ModestGal:

Don't argue with him, that's how our policymakers think, that's how an average Nigerian thinks. Instead of the school to look up ways to make their examination practices better, by thinking of advancement/innovations to reduce malpractices, na how to do the exam for already certified graduate they will be thinking of.
Somebody will just wake up one day, and start a policy out of nowhere without critical deep thinking. They forget that it would be unfair to have an exam done for first-class and leaving other graduates out. They forget that the same law should bind all students
You are very right.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by LordIsaac(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2021
It is a very useless policy, one borne of envy and "pull him down" syndrome. Quote me daily!
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by LordIsaac(m): 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ni
IgboWarlord:
Then the "test" should be for all the degrees the school awards, not just first class
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by emmyileri(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
What a pure nonsense
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by calcal: 2:16am On Aug 08, 2021
Another reason why this country is name zoo.

Pyranoid and joblessness
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by 9jaRealist: 7:22am On Aug 08, 2021
Sixsigmahub:

https:///first-class-students-of-ignatius-ajuru-university-of-education-to-write-test-to-prove-degree-authenticity/

EXCELLENT!

As a part employer of labor, I’ve grown increasingly suspicious of Nigerian certificates…
If they genuinely merited their first-class degrees, why would any of them worry about a 45-min aptitude test?!

>
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by 9jaRealist: 7:28am On Aug 08, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga, stop being foolish and see the bigger picture here : a student who graduated with a first class will surely be able to defend it any day, anytime. So save your noise making for something more worthwhile

Exactly! When some of them reportedly started moaning about “short notice” you know the blowing wind has exposed nyashes!
>
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2021
9jaRealist:

Exactly! When some of them reportedly started moaning about “short notice” you know the blowing wind has exposed nyashes!
>
Na so my brother . Many of them soliciting for the school not to give the test probably cheated and did all manner of examination malpractice just to graduate and hold dubious certificates of no academic worth.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by ABCJ(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2021
sirrvicc:

See better university with better management.

No be like Covenant University wey dey graduate 2000 1st class every year

How to Get High CGPA In Tertiary Institution: 16 Proven Tips

https://infocona.com/2021/07/21/how-to-get-high-cgpa-in-tertiary-institution-16-proven-tips/
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Asour: 1:47am On Aug 09, 2021
9jaRealist:

>

Well this isn't true for most brilliant scholars — That a scholar would be able to answer exams excellently & be in exam mode ALL the time /at short notice—They may score well (above average) but not as good, perhaps, as they would with preparation.

Someone able to answer any exam questions(I am guessing not the same already answered before), anyday, anytime in his field would be a rare type of genius.
First class students aren't always geniuses.
In most Nigerian institutions, any combination of equal parts — Averagely weighted—As and Bs in all your modules would give you a First class. This can be achieved by a few non-geniuses.

However, I am not against giving the student here a retest/re-examination. No. I am just saying almost none of us is a walking, exam-ready student prepared for any/all college courses. That's why we prepare.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by 9jaRealist: 7:21am On Aug 10, 2021
Asour:
Well this isn't true for most brilliant scholars — That a scholar would be able to answer exams excellently & be in exam mode ALL the time /at short notice—They may score well (above average) but not as good, perhaps, as they would with preparation.

Someone able to answer any exam questions(I am guessing not the same already answered before), anyday, anytime in his field would be a rare type of genius.
First class students aren't always geniuses.
In most Nigerian institutions, any combination of equal parts — Averagely weighted—As and Bs in all your modules would give you a First class. This can be achieved by a few non-geniuses.

However, I am not against giving the student here a retest/re-examination. No. I am just saying almost none of us is a walking, exam-ready student prepared for any/all college courses. That's why we prepare.

Your dissertation is totally unnecessary….
One does not have to be a “genius” to competently pass a 45-minute APTITUDE test in her field of expertise.
>
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Gtwatt1: 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNN Law Students Defy Rain To Celebrate Final Exams (Photos) / Students 'Tied To Cross And Whipped' In Ogun For Being Late / 6 Sets Of Friends We All Had In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.