Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades (33296 Views)

A Funny Notice Spotted At The Entrance Of Ignatius Ajuru University / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) / Ignatius Ajuru University Girls Twerk Hard During Graduation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by seunmsg(m): 10:16am On Aug 07, 2021
edoairways:

An average black man is wicked. He or she is envious of the success of brother

Says an average black man.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by guiddoti: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
A welcomed development. Let us see if indeed they merit it
So the third class merited it? It shows the level of malpractices going on in the school where students sort their ways to pass an exam.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
edoairways:

No school award first class degree without merit. An average black man is damn wicked
[/s] You are talking out of the abundance of ignorance and foolishness
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 10:42am On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
CodeTemplar:
The problem with this approach is that it open the door for someone somewhere (haterz) to cheaply discredit genuine first class.
[/s] Bros, there is no offense in the institution telling them to defend their results. Even in the US and UK, they tell Nigerians who graduated from Nigerian universities to write qualifying exams to be admitted for post -graduate studies . So I do not see the big deal in this .
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2021
guiddoti:
So the third class merited it? It shows the level of malpractices going on in the school where students sort their ways to pass an exam.
A first-class is the highest qualification that represents the best in a university. Which is why careful scrutiny has to be taken on such results. So let the university do its job in peace
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Kenmatt(m): 10:46am On Aug 07, 2021
phemmyfour:
And aggressive malpractice will see them through the test

There will be no room for such an "aggressive malpractice" during that test.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by CodeTemplar: 10:49am On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s]Bros, there is no offense in the institution telling them to defend their results. Even in the US and UK, they tell Nigerians who graduated from Nigerian universities to write qualifying exams to be admitted for post -graduate studies . So I do not see the big deal in this .

[/s]
Vulture meat need is not rated pending who cannot vouch it. Get it?
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 10:54am On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
CodeTemplar:

Vulture meat need is not rated pending who cannot vouch it. Get it?

[/s] I cannot get it o. Na only you know the gibberish you type
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by CodeTemplar: 10:56am On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] I cannot get it o. Na only you know the gibberish you type
lol...
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Willie007: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2021
mikezuruki:
This doesn't make any sense. If they pass through your system, and would have to write an exam to prove their first class grade, is that not a pointer to a porous system?

Why must one even have to write a quantitative reasoning exam for 45 Minutes to prove what I got in four years?

What would a graduate of English studies do?

Suba ha oyibo
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 11:25am On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You are talking out of the abundance of ignorance and foolishness
You are ignorant and wicked. That University should be shutdown
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 11:25am On Aug 07, 2021
seunmsg:

Says an average black man.
Of course you support wickedness
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by mechanics(m): 11:29am On Aug 07, 2021
Hmmmm, that's primary school syllabus, they want them to fail o.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Proudlysalga: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2021
Sometimes i tend to ask myself if for a fact examination is a true test of one's knowledge.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Bros, there is no offense in the institution telling them to defend their results. Even in the US and UK, they tell Nigerians who graduated from Nigerian universities to write qualifying exams to be admitted for post -graduate studies . So I do not see the big deal in this .

Not all schools in the USA or UK does the bolded text. Aside this, our degree doesn't match theirs because of our educational system.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Oghenerobo2002(m): 11:43am On Aug 07, 2021
Emeka71:
And he was given lower ¿
Yes, he was given lower
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Oghenerobo2002(m): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2021
helsinkiman:
So what happened?

He was given lower.
Another student defended his distinction, and did excellently. The school offered him a job instantly, but he turned them down
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2021
edoairways:

You are ignorant and wicked. That University should be shutdown
You are the wicked one and your irrational banter shows that you love celebrating dubious success to the detriment of standard . The university in question is only trying to scrutinize its best graduating students by ensuring that they merited their qualifications so as not to embarrass the image of the university outside. But here you are ...making noise and saying the institution should be shutdown all because it decided to scrutinize its best graduating students . Nonsense. Better go and check and see how western universities give scrutiny to Nigerian students when coming for post-graduate studies . Mumu
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
edoairways:

Not all schools in the USA or UK does the bolded text. Aside this, our degree doesn't match theirs because of our educational system.
[/s] Go for studies abroad then you will see
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Go for studies abroad then you will see
And who told I haven't been there?. Does those schools subject their graduate to a written test like
Ignatius Ajuru University?. Even top schools abroad don't do this
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by OLULAW: 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
Only in Nigeria. Who will mark the test? The Pope? Ndi ara, onye beribe.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You are the wicked one and your irrational banter shows that you love celebrating dubious success to the detriment of standard . The university in question is only trying to scrutinize its best graduating students by ensuring that they merited their qualifications so as not to embarrass the image of the university outside. But here you are ...making noise and saying the institution should be shutdown all because it decided to scrutinize its best graduating students . Nonsense. Better go and check and see how western universities give scrutiny to Nigerian students when coming for post-graduate studies . Mumu
The university should be ashamed for conducting test in the first place. It shows they lack competent lecturers to deliver knowledge. They just exposed their weaknesses in public. At the bolded, you just exhibit your ignorance, not all western universities subject Nigerians to written test. Please get your fact right instead of displaying your ignorance on public forum. I have younger ones in western countries, they weren't subjected to any exam. There are thousands of universities over there in search of candidates. The likes of Universitiy of Benin, Lagos and Ibadan didn't subject their students to such harsh decision talk more of that low budget school
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
Proudlysalga:
Sometimes i tend to ask myself if for a fact examination is a true test of one's knowledge.
Not in Nigeria were we lay emphasis on class of degree
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Proudlysalga: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
edoairways:

Not in Nigeria were we lay emphasis on class of degree
that sector has been so basterdized, little wonder our elites send their children/wards outside the shores of this country for quality education.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by edoairways: 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
Proudlysalga:
that sector has been so basterdized, little wonder our elites send their children/wards outside the shores of this country for quality education.
Yeah.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
edoairways:

And who told I haven't been there?. Does those schools subject their graduate to a written test like
Ignatius Ajuru University?. Even top schools abroad don't do this
[/s] You have not been abroad, neither have you seen a better standard of education. For if you had , you would not have said "Does those schools subject their graduate to...
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
edoairways:

The university should be ashamed for conducting test in the first place. It shows they lack competent lecturers to deliver knowledge. They just exposed their weaknesses in public. At the bolded, you just exhibit your ignorance, not all western universities subject Nigerians to written test. Please get your fact right instead of displaying your ignorance on public forum. I have younger ones in western countries, they weren't subjected to any exam. There are thousands of universities over there in search of candidates. The likes of Universitiy of Benin, Lagos and Ibadan didn't subject their students to such harsh decision talk more of that low budget school
[/s] A fool like you cannot understand that every school has its rules and regulations by which it abides. And each schools' Senate law differs from the next. Those pioneering universities you mentioned are thriving on old glory and corruption ,yet you want this university to follow that same path... ? Wallahi you dey mad ...
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by guiddoti: 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
A first-class is the highest qualification that represents the best in a university. This is why scrutiny has to be taken on such results. So let the university do its job in peace
It is a wrong initiative by the school. I would have expected stringent rules on examinations that don't discriminate against a certain class of students.
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2021
guiddoti:
It is a wrong initiative by the school. I would have expected stringent rules on examinations that don't discriminate against a certain class of students.
You have to understand that Nigeria is a corrupt country that is filled with corrupt practices in the most unlikely institutions , and that includes the academia . If you have had the privilege of travelling up north or to some rural areas down south , you will see student-graduates who came out with 2.1 , 2.2 and 3rd class speaking and writing as if they are slightly less than semi-illiterates. Which is why I support this institution for giving a test to its finest .
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by ModestGal(f): 12:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
A first-class is the highest qualification that represents the best in a university. Which is why careful scrutiny has to be taken on such results. So let the university do its job in peace
People like you are those we have in our government and public parastatals, you guys are semi illiterate. Dumb people that think they are wise, and the reason Nigeria will remain backward.
So you think the best is to test student within 1hour for a work of 4years. You think the best scrutiny should not have been done when they were in the university, but within an hour after graduation.
Well, I already know that Nigeria Hass 80% of her people with your type of brain, crratiy policies left and right to make the lifes of her citizens more difficult and with you guys, the country is hopeless. Well, I will never set my foot in Nigeria, so good luck with your senselessness
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by Ammishaddai: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
ModestGal:

People like you are those we have in our government and public parastatals, you guys are semi illiterate. Dumb people that think they are wise, and the reason Nigeria will remain backward.
So you think the best is to test student within 1hour for a work of 4years. You think the best scrutiny should not have been done when they were in the university, but within an hour after graduation.
Well, I already know that Nigeria Hass 80% of her people with your type of brain, crratiy policies left and right to make the lifes of her citizens more difficult and with you guys, the country is hopeless. Well, I will never set my foot in Nigeria, so good luck with your senselessness
[/s] Oga, stop being foolish and see the bigger picture here : a student who graduated with a first class will surely be able to defend it any day, anytime . So save your noise making for something more worthwhile
Re: First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades by ModestGal(f): 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
guiddoti:
Don't argue with him, that's how our policy makers think, that's how an average Nigerian think. Instead of the school to look up ways to make their examination practices better, by thinking of advancement/innovations to reduce malpractices, na how to do exam for already certified graduate they will be thinking of.
Somebody will just wake up one day,, and start a policy out of no where, without critical deep thinking. They forget that,it would be unfair to have any exam done for first-class and leaving other graduates out. They forget that the same law should bind all students

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queen's College Orphan Pupil Buried (Photos) / Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Suspended By UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.