Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

David Oyedepo's Story - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / David Oyedepo's Story (17263 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Oyedepo's Story by free123: 6:56pm On May 18, 2011
i am yet to see our so called MOG fly to iran, gaza, afghanistan or lybia for evangelsm
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Zikkyy(m): 6:56pm On May 18, 2011
Azibalua:

Conveying materials to other parts of the world

Only a fool would believe the plane is being used to convey materials to other part of the word angry

I am also interested in knowing the nature and volume of materials that is being transported. You are using oyedepo's private jet to transport materials to other parts of the world abi angry it's like a trader using a Rolls-Royce to convey tomatoes from Kano to Lagos grin or Dangote using the Benz s-class to supply cement grin
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Azibalua(f): 7:43pm On May 18, 2011
It's like saying we do not need church buildings in the country because of it's economic state,we should rather use the money on welfare
No, to every thing there is a time and season
The plane is a necessity not a luxury,even if it were a luxury is it wrong? No,
Aside from helping members of his congregation, he does this too for non members,but this is not even his primary responsibility,his primary responsibility is to equip the saints for the work of ministry.

You are yet to say what you think the plane is used for.
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 7:55pm On May 18, 2011
Azibalua:

It's like saying we do not need church buildings in the country because of it's economic state,we should rather use the money on welfare
The plane is a necessity not a luxury,even if it were a luxury is it wrong? No,
Aside from helping members of his congregation, he does this too for non members,but this is not even his primary responsibility,his primary responsibility is to equip the saints for the work of ministry.

dare2think:

Firstly, I dont think there is a need for a plane in a poverty stricken country like Nigeria. The money for the plane and its maintainance can be used productively on welfare and the less priveledged, not only to church members but anyone who needs help.

"Love thy neighbor" not love thy Christain neighbor.

To answer your question, I think the planes are used to satify Oyedepo's ego, and an unecessary show of wealth in a country or continent ravaged by poverty and disease.

So, what materials do they carry?

food? mosquito nets? what materials does a luxury jet carry??
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 8:00pm On May 18, 2011
Azibalua:

The plane is a necessity not a luxury,[b]even if it were a luxury is it wrong? No,[/b]Aside from helping members of his congregation, he does this too for non members,but this is not even his primary responsibility,his primary responsibility is to equip the saints for the work of ministry.

Lol, is it wrong.?? even if it is for luxury??

Sighs.

Pointless having a meaningful exchange with you if you find no wrong in a man that got the money from the church cruising around in a jet.

Karl Marx, I see your point
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Azibalua(f): 8:18pm On May 18, 2011
To answer your question, I think the planes are used to satify Oyedepo's ego, and an unecessary show of wealth in a country or continent ravaged by poverty and disease.

Sorry I missed this
The reason you can think this way is because you have allowed all sorts of information into your mind.
What ego is he satisfying? What show of wealth?
He has a large auditorium recognised in the world where people come to hear the good news.he has a plane not used just to visit countries but to spread this gospel in various countries, is this a show of wealth?
In a country ravaged by poverty what do you think the solution is?
It is not in giving money to the masses but rather in the preaching of the gospel.

Luke 4:18
18 The Spirit of the Lord[ is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised

The word of god has saving and penetrating power,and is capable of all sorts.,

Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double- edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 

even if we sell the planes and give the monies to the beggars on the street,beautiful but I can tell you that in a short while they will go back to begging because that was just a placebo ,the real problem is spiritual and can only be handled thru gods word

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 18, 2011
who God has blessed no man can curse.!!!
all this things u see in oyedepo's life can only be God if it is human or all this get rich quick
he would have been frustrated cos the money would have entered his head.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Zikkyy(m): 9:55pm On May 18, 2011
Azibalua:

he has a plane not used just to visit countries but to spread this gospel in various countries, is this a show of wealth?

He was able to spread the gospel in these countries prior to the acquisition of the planes, and he can still spread without the plane. There are other pastors making similar impact (if not more) without the use of private jet. So, it easy for us to conclude that the private jet does not add value to the spread of the gospel angry Your daddy (Oyaks) is doing fine without a privte jet abi grin

Azibalua:

In a country ravaged by poverty what do you think the solution is?
It is not in giving money to the masses but rather in the preaching of the gospel.

This is spiritual Economics grin Do you think if we spend more time (6 days in a week) in church, nigeria economy would bounce back in no time would be nice to know how economies develop via the application of the gospel (only) Madam Azibalua, i hope you will not run away grin I need answers please kiss Also provide case studies grin

Azibalua:

even if we sell the planes and give the monies to the beggars on the street,beautiful but I can tell you that in a short while they will go back to begging because that was just a placebo ,the real problem is spiritual and can only be handled thru gods word

Interesting smiley
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Nobody: 6:37am On May 19, 2011
Azibalua:

Sorry I missed this
The reason you can think this way is because you have allowed all sorts of information into your mind.[/b]What ego is he satisfying? What show of wealth?
He has a large auditorium recognised in the world where people come to hear the good news.he has a plane not used just to visit countries but to spread this gospel in various countries, is this a show of wealth?
[b]In a country ravaged by poverty what do you think the solution is?

Yes, forget supply and demand, forget monetary or inflation targeting, price stability, pursuing a natural rate of unemployment, forget using the oil price windfall to improve public infastructure and create jobs to provide taxable income, forget all fiscal and monetary policies. LET'S JUST PREACH THE GOSPEL!!!!!
I wish I could nominate you for the Nobel Prize in economics because this has to be one of the soundest financial advice I've ever heard. Forget improving the education system, lets just pray!!!
How do you mitigate the rise in food prices? Let's pray that manna will fall down from heaven like it did for the children of israel in the fairytale bible.
I think you've managed to outdo Joagbaje's Fed Ex analogy and I thought that was impossible.

If you two are a sample of the CE members, I can see why chris is doing very well.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” · Albert Einstein

If this site is a sample of nigerians then the country has been sucked into a black hole of ignorance and we know its impossible to get out of a black hole.

Sensible people are constantly accused of having "worldly knowledge" and the religious continue to wreak havoc with their ignorance, superstitions and pipe dream of a next world!!! LMAO grin heaven my a$$, black people need to wake up and look around, this is the only shot you get!!.

Azibalua:

Sorry I missed this
The reason you can think this way is because you have allowed all sorts of information into your mind.

While the reason you can't think is because you have abandoned your critical thought process and have become a "sheep", like you people like to call yourselves. Put the bible study guide your MOG gave you down, and read about ANYTHING not related to christianity so maybe your worldview might expand and you'll see why you are viewed as gullible or just willfully ignorant. You NEED to allow all sorts of information into your mind and not be limited by what your so called "leaders" spoon feed you, you can never learn enough.
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by DonShark(m): 11:51am On May 19, 2011
May God have mercy on all those negatively criticizing the servant of God for buying a jet.
Let me ask you these questions;
1. Is it a crime for God to bless someone.
2. If not,is it a crime for someone to enjoy God's blessings on one's life.
2. If not,why the hullabaloo about Bishop David O. Oyedepo owning a private jet.
Let me confide this to you;God's blessings maketh rich and addeth no sorrrow,if only you can give up pleasures of life to serve God genuinely,God will not only give you a jet but shall make you own an airline company.You know he can do all things.I pray that God should bless you richly so that your mentality will change.Amen.
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 12:48pm On May 19, 2011
Don Shark:

May God have mercy on all those negatively criticizing the servant of God for buying a jet.
2. If not,why the hullabaloo about Bishop David O. Oyedepo owning a private jet.
Let me confide this to you;God's blessings maketh rich and addeth no sorrrow,if only you can give up pleasures of life to serve God genuinely,God will not only give you a jet but shall make you own an airline company.You know he can do all things.I pray that God should bless you richly so that your mentality will change.Amen.

No, it is not a crime to receive God's blessing. But it is a crime to deceive and manipulate people.

Don shark,
which money did he use for the Jets?,  What are the jets used for?, how does the jet affect the lives of those that contributed to it? Of what benefit is it to them?
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by oderemo(m): 12:57pm On May 19, 2011
2. If not,why the hullabaloo about Bishop David O. Oyedepo owning a private jet
have u ever questd the bolded. y him , y not u. is our GOD now partial by any form.
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 12:59pm On May 19, 2011
Don Shark:

I pray that God should bless you richly so that your mentality will change.Amen.

How do you know those that criticizes him are poor?

Maybe your mentality needs to change. Because someone is rich, does that mean the person is beyond reproach??
Why is Oyedepo richer than most of his congregation?
If his prosperity teachings are really true, why do members need the church transport to go to church ?? why do they need his scholarships and subsidies?

I would have expected that most of his members would be able to afford this things anyway since they have been blessed with riches.

Guess what??, HE IS THE ONE WITH THE RICHES.
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Kgdavid(m): 1:37pm On May 19, 2011
oh dear! first and foremost understand that the money was given freely by people who know exactly wat it is being used for and do not mind. wat r all your problems? if anyone in winners chapel feels their money is being misappropriated then who is stopping them from leaving? but still they stay which means they are satisfied, why must you begin to speculate about another mans problems wen he has not told you he has a problem? why do people seem to think that pastors are confined to a certain level of comfort above which they would be sinning? i really dont know much about winners chapel but there are some things that should be very obvious. to put it simply

1. the money was gained through honest means
2. those assets belong to the organization not the man
4. who are you to decide how they use money you never contributed to?
3. work out your own salvation with fear and trembling i.e mind your business
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 1:49pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

This is not Winnerschapel-land, this is NAIRALAND. where everyone is entitled to their opinions, if you are un-happy, ask your "Papa" for money and create your own forum,

oh wait , Papa is cruising around in HIS jet and does not have your time.
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 1:57pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

Do you have access to use the Jets?

Dont members pay for using the assets that they own?? I.e School fees and other facilities?

Since the Church has now become an "organisation" are dividends, i.e profits distributed amongst members ?
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 1:58pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

Who are you to decide what I decide to decide??
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Azibalua(f): 2:00pm On May 19, 2011
@ Martian
Where were all the finance giants when we saw the economy crash,
What happened to all the economic theories
The only thing that has stood the test of time without faltering is gods sure word
But of course you can't understand this

1 Corinthians 2:14-16
14 But the man who isn't a Christian can't understand and can't accept these thoughts from God, which the Holy Spirit teaches us. They sound foolish to him because only those who have the Holy Spirit within them can understand what the Holy Spirit means. Others just can't take it in. 15 But the spiritual man has insight into everything, and that bothers and baffles the man of the world, who can't understand him at all. 16 How could he? For certainly he has never been one to know the Lord's thoughts, or to discuss them with him, or to move the hands of God by prayer. But, strange as it seems, we Christians actually do have within us a portion of the very thoughts and mind of Christ.  
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 2:01pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

And how do you know this??

Are you there when they gather all the contributions and decide what to do?

I dont know, but do you??
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 2:09pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

This is my best bit,

The fear that they feed your ignorant mind does not move me, I'm more scared of the cat in the garden than to be scared of questioning the "funny" activities of a man that claims God told him to liberate the world from oppresion,

Tel me, is the world free of oppression? has it ever been free of oppression?, what the hell is he still doing, coz the world is still oppressed and my man flexes in a private jet under the pretext of spreading the gospel. When did God's word need jets for conveyance?
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Zikkyy(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2011
dare2think:

When did God's word need jets for conveyance? 

I like this smiley Very good question smiley
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Kgdavid(m): 2:36pm On May 19, 2011
dare2think:

This is not Winnerschapel-land, this is NAIRALAND. where everyone is entitled to their opinions, if you are un-happy, ask your "Papa" for money and create your own forum,

oh wait , Papa is cruising around in HIS jet and does not have your time.

lol, im not unhappy at all, wat gave yu that impression? your the one who comes across as extremely unhappy

dare2think:

Do you have access to use the Jets?

Dont members pay for using the assets that they own?? I.e School fees and other facilities?

Since the Church has now become an "organisation" are dividends, i.e profits distributed amongst members ?

if you would have merely paid a little more attention instead of being in a rush to sound smart you would have realized im not a winners chapel member so i dont know wat arrangements they have concerning those but surely those who are members are satisfied with the arrangement no?. so organizations distribute profit amongst their members lol Oh my God what am i reading here? look up the meanings of organization and company pls, for your own good.

dare2think:

Who are you to decide what I decide to decide??

where did i decide wat you should decide to decide? merely pointed out that you are not in any position to decide for otheers. (gotta give u an A for your efforts to sound smart while evading the fact that you are really commenting on an issue without having any basis for such)

dare2think:

And how do you know this??

Are you there when they gather all the contributions and decide what to do?

I dont know, but do you??

obviously churches make their money through offerings and tithes, these are honest means(legally) or are you adding a new accusation of criminal activity?  undecided

dare2think:

This is my best bit,

The fear that they feed your ignorant mind does not move me, I'm more scared of the cat in the garden than to be scared of questioning the "funny" activities of a man that claims God told him to liberate the world from oppresion,

Tel me, is the world free of oppression? has it ever been free of oppression?, what the hell is he still doing, coz the world is still oppressed and my man flexes in a private jet under the pretext of spreading the gospel. When did God's word need jets for conveyance?  

here is indeed the bit where your lack of understanding is most exposed. work out your salvation with fear and tremblng has nothing to do with being afraid of a pastor, it simply means God does not care wat you think about any pastor, all he cares about is what you do with your life, so if you're gonna spend your time scrutinizing the activities of another man, you're wasting your time. your question should be am i right with God? not is bishop David Oyedepo right with God?
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Kgdavid(m): 2:38pm On May 19, 2011
Zikkyy:

I like this smiley Very good question smiley

how do you propose God's word should travel from Nigeria to pakistan from example? by boat??
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Kgdavid(m): 2:41pm On May 19, 2011
free123:

i am yet to see our so called MOG fly to iran, gaza, afghanistan or lybia for evangelsm

you really thought this was a smart comment?? why
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Zikkyy(m): 2:48pm On May 19, 2011
Azibalua:

The only thing that has stood the test of time without faltering is gods sure word

Nobody faults this. But how do you relate this to the economy the only aspect of the economy that appears to be standing the test of time is poverty sad So how does preaching the gospel eradicate poverty How does it put food on the table It's very easy to just throw words around (no backup to substantiate your comments). Right now you dont make any sense angry Its not ideal to make statements even you dont understand smiley

Azibalua:

But of course you can't understand this

Do you
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 2:52pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

how do you propose God's word should travel from Nigeria to pakistan from example? by boat??

How did the message reach Africa before the advent of technology.

What's wrong with the commercial transport?
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 3:00pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

lol, im not unhappy at all, wat gave yu that impression? your the one who comes across as extremely unhappy

I come accross un-happy, because I voice my opinion on the subject matter dude, common. It only my opinion. You felt compelled to comment on the issue the same way I did, we only differ in views, going by your assertions, do you come accross happy just because you are "for" the debate? , Yawnsss,
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 3:13pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

if you would have merely paid a little more attention instead of being in a rush to sound smart you would have realized im not a winners chapel member so i dont know wat arrangements they have concerning those but surely those who are members are satisfied with the arrangement no?. so organizations distribute profit amongst their members lol Oh my God what am i reading here? look up the meanings of organization and company pls, for your own good.

You are right,  I jumped to conclude you are a member. You dont know the arrangements, but you Concluded just like me, to think they are happy with the arrangements.

In your silly effort to distinguish my error between an Organization and a Company, I really question your motives. Firstly, are there no organizations that distribute profits to shareholders??  I would have thought you understood the fact that I was using my Analogy in that context:

To help you,

ORGANIZATION: The administrative personnel or apparatus of a business

Source, DICTIONARY.

Dude, knowing words is not only the important bit, its application is relevant too. So, for your own good, learn how to apply and understand meanings of words.
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 3:19pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

lol,
obviously churches make their money through offerings and tithes, these are honest means(legally) or are you adding a new accusation of criminal activity?  undecided

It is criminal activity if the offerings and tithes are used in a deceitful manner. Two jets in a poverty striken country is an unscrupulous spending pattern and an abvious lack of direction.
Again, I dont need to be a member to comment on this issue. It's a social and general matter.

Or do I need to be an an American to comment on american affairs to speak about Obama??
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 3:32pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

here is indeed the bit where your lack of understanding is most exposed. work out your salvation with fear and tremblng has nothing to do with being afraid of a pastor, it simply means God does not care wat you think about any pastor, all he cares about is what you do with your life, so if you're gonna spend your time scrutinizing the activities of another man, you're wasting your time. your question should be am i right with God? not is bishop David Oyedepo right with God?

Kgdavid:

This is the bit where your inability to explain comprehensively is exposed.
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by Zikkyy(m): 3:34pm On May 19, 2011
@Kgdavid, i see dare2think has responded to your question smiley But i had something else in mind when i made that post smiley

Kgdavid:

I am sorry sir, i see you dont understand my post smiley let me rephrase smiley

What do you think Dressing up/package the word of God in Armani suit, relax it in luxurious condition (private jet with extremely expensive leather mix with the finest wood) and send to pakistan (popping champange all the way grin).

Do you think this beautiful care and comfort given to the word enhances or increase the probability of acceptance by pakistanis especially when you take into consideration the fact that you will be leaving behind in pakistan, a 50cents (at most one usd)  version of the word smiley What value does it add to the spread of the gospel
Re: David Oyedepo's Story by dare2think: 3:36pm On May 19, 2011
Kgdavid:

Are you minding your own business You have just mentioned that you don't belong to the congregation?  So, how is it your business?

Check the meaning of Contradiction, You need it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) / Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? / Ramadan: Election Riggers, Kidnappers, Yahoo Boys Fasting In Vain, Say Clerics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.