Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? (7653 Views)

Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / N-Power: Has Anyone Been Redeployed Successfully After Applying For It?? / Success Mail After Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Leece(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
So yeah, I have been applying for a lot of jobs recently and honestly Nairaland has been of good help cause there is literally a thread for anything on here.

I have applied for a lot of jobs as I said earlier, got shortlisted for most but it just feels as though I can't get past the first level of assessment. Before you know it, rejection mail don land.

Today I just want to hear your stories, how were you able to cope with the depression that come right after?

I understand that you need to have faith and all but when and where did you draw the line to maybe stop applying for jobs and start a business?

Is there something one can do to have better aptitude test scores?

I'm in a fix right and I believe most people are so please share your thoughts and let's us all learn from you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by budaatum: 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
I dust myself off and learn from the experience to ensure my next application is better than the last one. And after gradual improvements learnt from rejections I would have improved myself and no more be rejected.

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by aylive02(m): 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
It can be be [/i]devastating[i], especially jobs that require me to take one test or another online. But I console myself with "I move"

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by McOluOmo: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
aylive02:
It can be be [/i]devastating[i], especially jobs that require me to take one test or another online. But I console myself with "I move"
Correct Guy, dust off ur foot nd move....

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Amkay: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
I move on
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Adaorababy(f): 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
I'm presently in same comatose. I passed the necessary Certified Scrum Master test from Scrum Alliance early this year. Since then, I have watched lots of videos and read lots of stuff even outside Scrum. I have thrown in more than 100 job applications but I keep seeing rejection mails. I only got lucky once to be invited for a virtual interview which I failed. Since then, rejection mails keep hitting me left and right. At this point, I'm regretting spending $500 to obtain this CSM certificate. If by September and it remains same, I may have to give up.

At this point, I wish Nwamaikpe can just say something to me to ease the tension off even if it's his usual weird way of reasoning. I know rather than advise me not to give up, he may encourage me to commit suicide. The guy just makes me happy.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Privatepart00: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
I Never Bothered Myself Applying For A Job After NYSC. The First CV I submitted in Abuja I Got A Link To IDC in Anambra. Before Getting My Present Job. Las Las I Would Leave This Country.
Grace And God With Patience Will Show You The Way.
Many Of My Sect Mates That Graduated Before Me Still Looking For Job.
Your Time Will Surely Come.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by DenreleDave(m): 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
undecided undecided :\ so sorry about this Op... God will bless you soon..

To be sincere, even me sef dey fear....

Will be rounding up my service in 2 months time and the thing is I want to work first B4 settling down for any business idea or so...

I have been gathering my knowledge online..... Did Project mgt professional on Coursera, Did customer service on side hustle, digital marketing on Google and currently doing IT technical support on coursera..

The truth is I am just doing this so That it will improve my chance of been employed...
Studied banking and finance but I don't wana stay In one line, which is why I am learning my courses online now... Though it is very tough but I just have to do it.. I don't want to be jobless after service...

God will help me............ I have got good result in school and I am still smart as ever... I keep improving myself for a better opportunity..

God should help me.

Nairalanders that are connected and can help, pls help us..... People like me can't be jobless, ẹ get why...

God bless all

garugaru:
I have not applied for another job in over a year after my last rejection mail, I guess I didn't deal with it very well
Sorry abt that bro.. God will do a better one sir..

Lewisdinho:
It's a normal thing. You just have to move on.
Keep applying and you will nail it but if you don't there other options.
Go into a business and you will still succeed
All the best

You think naso business easy in Nigeria... Things are tough bro

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by garugaru: 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
I have not applied for another job in over a year after my last rejection mail, I guess I didn't deal with it very well
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by rashrockalabx(m): 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
U don try
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Lamasta(m): 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
As far as its Nigeria its a normal thing to get rejection mail, na until the job click before we stop applying

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by SmartPolician: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
If you always receive rejection mails, it means you need to go and do your homework. There's something you are not doing right.

However, if you have to deal with one rejection mail, it's very normal. All you have to do is rediscover yourself and understand those things that make you happy. It could be to visit and discuss with friends, enjoy some bottles of beer, speak with your loved ones or invite your babe over grin , play videogames, etc.

More importantly, you need to work on your mind. Stand in front of a big mirror and reassure yourself that it is not the end of the world. If that organization didn't find you qualified enough to join them, some other companies would. It's their loss.

It's okay to feel bad and be moody, but you need to reassure yourself that we live in a world of limitless opportunities, so better offers are underway. With all this and more, you will certainly get over it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by olaboy33(m): 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
Forget I even applied.
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Noblejay7: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
Most companies repeat aptitude test questions. Get a recently updated GMAT and continue practicing ahead. Don't wait till you get an invite for an aptitute test.

Also, you can go online and buy past aptitude test questions for different companies and practice regularly.

Don't give up.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by ikopawow: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2021
I tell them

FVCK YOU
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Lewisdinho(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2021
It's a normal thing. You just have to move on.
Keep applying and you will nail it but if you don't there other options.
Go into a business and you will still succeed
All the best
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by EzeyLion(m): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
We move
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by PAWG(m): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
Na normal, na who no believe in him/herself dey feel downcast. You just have to look for the areas you underperformed, apply some ‘patches’ and look forward to the next opportunity.
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by saajus: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
I will check if no errors from my side. I always apply for jobs I over-qualify, qualify, and not qualify for. If the ones I over-qualify and qualify for, I try to check if I made any errors during the applications. If the ones I do not qualify for, I don't even think about it cos I know I still need to acquire some more skills.

When all is said and done, I move.
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by MikeMicheal(m): 5:11pm On Aug 09, 2021
I applied for a job last 2 years, they said they will get back to me.

I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEIR CALL

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by MarveworldG: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
It's quite painful when we (at Marveworld interior design services) prepare a proposal/design for a service but gets rejected by the supposed client cry
We will maintain standards and the right client will come.
If you need anything to do with home/hotel /office /commercial property interior design, we could be your best plug

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by RoyaltyQueen(f): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
I'm strategiezing with my boyfriend to start coded banditry, our focus are businessmen.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by inforesource: 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
Reject it too. no waste time.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by whodeyhere: 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
Adaorababy:
I'm presently in same comatose. I passed the necessary Certified Scrum Master test from Scrum Alliance early this year. Since then, I have watched lots of videos and read lots of stuff even outside Scrum. I have thrown in more than 100 job applications but I keep seeing rejection mails. I only got lucky once to be invited for a virtual interview which I failed. Since then, rejection mails keep hitting me left and right. At this point, I'm regretting spending $500 to obtain this CSM certificate. If by September and it remains same, I may have to give up.

At this point, I wish Nwamaikpe can just say something to me to ease the tension off even if it's his usual weird way of reasoning. I know rather than advise me not to give up, he may encourage me to commit suicide. The guy just makes me happy.

Good you have spent some money to upskill but you might also need to acquire some experience even after you have obtained the certificate. Tbh I might not be able to understand how you feel now but you need to find a way to acquire experience even if unpaid or small pay. God be with you and open abundant doors of opportunity for you... you are stronger than what you believe.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by kersha1(m): 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2021
Mehn its frustrating like having a family and nothing is coming damn! And the rejection mails keeps coming. Even business not moving. I need help please
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by tishbite41(m): 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2021
Na G sure pass
Make I finish service everywhere go stew
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by seanwilliam(m): 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2021
Same way you’ll feel when you loose betting wink

Sell your PayPal/skrill funds and giftcards to me at higher rate
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by irijuola: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2021
It can be frustrating. Whenever I get regret mail, I just pity my dad cos he spends so much in making sure I'm comfortable by staying in hotels. Ha, my dad is a father. Cos when I'm even discouraged and feel bad, he will ask me to apply elsewhere again. Another round of hotels and travellings. Hmmmm. If you have the means, just leave this country. Cos when you eventually get the job, it may not be worth it.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Bullman(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2021
Leece:
So yeah, I have been applying for a lot of jobs recently and honestly Nairaland has been of good help cause there is literally a thread for anything on here.

I have applied for a lot of jobs as I said earlier, got shortlisted for most but it just feels as though I can't get past the first level of assessment. Before you know it, rejection mail don land.

Today I just want to hear your stories, how were you able to cope with the depression that come right after?

I understand that you need to have faith and all but when and where did you draw the line to maybe stop applying for jobs and start a business?

Is there something one can do to have better aptitude test scores?

I'm in a fix right and I believe most people are so please share your thoughts and let's us all learn from you.

Lol omor na today ? E don tey..
Normal something. grin
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by AntiWailer: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
Move on dear

Back then, I try not to expect too much

I am a core pessimist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HEINEKEN IGP: Invitation To The Take Off (online Assessments) / Oil & Gas, Petroleum And Exploration Vacancies / Tips For Tailoring Your Resume To The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.