Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? (7680 Views)

Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / N-Power: Has Anyone Been Redeployed Successfully After Applying For It?? / Success Mail After Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Tinyemeka(m): 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
Adaorababy:
I'm presently in same comatose. I passed the necessary Certified Scrum Master test from Scrum Alliance early this year. Since then, I have watched lots of videos and read lots of stuff even outside Scrum. I have thrown in more than 100 job applications but I keep seeing rejection mails. I only got lucky once to be invited for a virtual interview which I failed. Since then, rejection mails keep hitting me left and right. At this point, I'm regretting spending $500 to obtain this CSM certificate. If by September and it remains same, I may have to give up.

At this point, I wish Nwamaikpe can just say something to me to ease the tension off even if it's his usual weird way of reasoning. I know rather than advise me not to give up, he may encourage me to commit suicide. The guy just makes me happy.

Any Scrum experience?
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Maj196(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
Adaorababy:
I'm presently in same comatose. I passed the necessary Certified Scrum Master test from Scrum Alliance early this year. Since then, I have watched lots of videos and read lots of stuff even outside Scrum. I have thrown in more than 100 job applications but I keep seeing rejection mails. I only got lucky once to be invited for a virtual interview which I failed. Since then, rejection mails keep hitting me left and right. At this point, I'm regretting spending $500 to obtain this CSM certificate. If by September and it remains same, I may have to give up.

At this point, I wish Nwamaikpe can just say something to me to ease the tension off even if it's his usual weird way of reasoning. I know rather than advise me not to give up, he may encourage me to commit suicide. The guy just makes me happy.
Why would anyone want to hear anything from NwaAmaikpe of all people.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by reealec(m): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
Never give up no matter what...
God is preparing you for something better and deserving seek his will and let it manifest in your life
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by tidoabdul(m): 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
Only if u put ur whole mind to it
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by MyExpression(m): 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
I got rejected today.
However, I learnt three things.

1. Recruiters don't care about the BEAUTY of your CV. (Argue when you are an employer)
2. Sometimes, you should empathise with the employers.
3. Study the company once you get invitation for interview, so you can highlight the skills that fits into the company's requirements.

He wanted someone to manage a fleet of bout 100 trucks.
Even with my experience in logistics- in managerial capacity, I still knew within myself that managing 100 trucks directly is a task I wouldn't give to a newbie.

I did put in my best to convince the employer that I am capable of learning quickly on the job, given my track record in my previous jobs and how I've always been passionate bout the transport sector, citing all my precious jobs that were all transport related.
He assessed me on other aspects, MSoffice suite, transport softwares, I passed above average. The only challenge, which is a true challenge even to me is that I have not managed more that a fleet of 10 buses. Managing 100 trucks is a big feat that I would like to start as a trainee or an assistant level, before managing the responsibility.
I'm hopeful but not anxious.
I'm ready to learn and give my all...but truly, that post deserves someone who has had some experience handling large fleet of trucks.
I wish they get someone better and also take me as an assistant...and watch me grow capacity to handle and exceed the responsibilities.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
I've never been bothered for once ...even today when intended to take ICPC recruitment test online and their stupid site refused to submit my answers I closed the damn window and logged on to my social media.
Nothing in nija fit pay me pass my hustle.
Oluwa bless y'all out hustling legitimately

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by phemmyfour: 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
Leece:
So yeah, I have been applying for a lot of jobs recently and honestly Nairaland has been of good help cause there is literally a thread for anything on here.

I have applied for a lot of jobs as I said earlier, got shortlisted for most but it just feels as though I can't get past the first level of assessment. Before you know it, rejection mail don land.

Today I just want to hear your stories, how were you able to cope with the depression that come right after?

I understand that you need to have faith and all but when and where did you draw the line to maybe stop applying for jobs and start a business?

Is there something one can do to have better aptitude test scores?

I'm in a fix right and I believe most people are so please share your thoughts and let's us all learn from you.
Study more and apply for more jobs. Set a standard for yourself, anything less than 90% isn't good enough
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by henrijin: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
Just drink chilled beer. Keep improving yourself and learn from the ones you didn't pass. You go dey alright later on and you'll just look back and smile.
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by swimnigeria(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
Well for me, I have gotten past the stage of rejection based on my experience in my field.

Every interview is always like discussion and the most part is about salary. If you no fit pay my offering no short list me for your yeye interview.

Back to OP's question....

I say thank you for the feedback and I move.

No too much talk... cool

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by daretodo(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2021
I delete immediately and move on!
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Fortez: 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
Try again
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by maiquel: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
I took a scholarship course to study Law in England, after scaling through the first stage and getting a good score in the test, I got rejected in the next stage....
When I saw the mail..."we regret to inform you..." I deleted the mail and closed my app. That's all... its past now. That's how I move.
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by maureensylvia(f): 6:44pm On Aug 09, 2021
I pat my back and tell them it's there loss...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Komu1048(m): 6:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
Leece:
So yeah, I have been applying for a lot of jobs recently and honestly Nairaland has been of good help cause there is literally a thread for anything on here.

I have applied for a lot of jobs as I said earlier, got shortlisted for most but it just feels as though I can't get past the first level of assessment. Before you know it, rejection mail don land.

Today I just want to hear your stories, how were you able to cope with the depression that come right after?

I understand that you need to have faith and all but when and where did you draw the line to maybe stop applying for jobs and start a business?

I'm in a fix right and I believe most people are so please share your thoughts and let's us all learn from you.

I stopped applying for jobs when one stupid access bank interviewer told me I'm grandpa, Cox at 30 I applied for a job of 26years. I was so sad I went straight to learn painting n everything was good until today that I fell from a scaffold, it was a yahoo boy house in chevy view ooo. I felt bad for myself, all my body is painful right now. But im too addicted to nairaland

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by arthurwillia(m): 6:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
Privatepart00:
I Never Bothered Myself Applying For A Job After NYSC. The First CV I submitted in Abuja I Got A Link To IDC in Anambra. Before Getting My Present Job. Las Las I Would Leave This Country.
Grace And God With Patience Will Show You The Way.
Many Of My Sect Mates That Graduated Before Me Still Looking For Job.
Your Time Will Surely Come.

What’s the point of this exactly? You didn’t answer the question neither did you talk about it, you even went as far as saying many of your friends that graduated are still looking for job and finally saying your time will come.
So many contrast
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by adedayourt(m): 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
We read Ile and move on knowing the right one will give you the chance you desire.

In addition, I got a rejection mail from a multinational coy last week tuesday, buy Friday I got a chat from another blue chip coy via LinkedIn inviting me for a chat.

So rejection is actually nothing to be worried about when when you think you qualified, they might just be needing something you don't have at the time.
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by evil1: 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
I have received more rejections but I won't despair. I have learnt to keep pushing on because I can't change my CV to something else that I don't have only to produce bad results if I'm taking finally.

Also I see rejection as a means to breakthrough. Setting up a system of being my own boss and not depending on the pay by someone else.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by toygod2: 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2021
arthurwillia:

What’s the point of this exactly? You didn’t answer the question neither did you talk about it, you even went as far as saying many of your friends that graduated are still looking for job and finally saying your time will come.
So many contrast

Man, he already answered that He never bothers to apply for job.

He even wished others in the process well.

What else?
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by adonaimart(m): 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
If possible, find out why you were rejected, so as to learn and see where you can improve in your next interview.

What you learnt from the feedback, you can also include in your resume.

Note, its not "entirely" your fault you were rejected. Be positive and keep trying.

One love
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by toygod2: 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
This is just like what I experienced today.

Mine wasn't a rejection actually but I wasn't able to submit my online answers for the questions before the time went out.

My usual ME, once it's about 5mins to the end , I start rushing down to submit. I just do not know what cake over me today.

And I have really hoped on performing excellently in the screening test, but I guess, over-confidence killed me.

Honestly, I really feel based but thank God I have one at hand but anytime I think of loosing my chance of working in my long desired state(ABJ), I become moody immediately.

I know God is still on the throne & will pave another way but till then.....

Lastly, I wish others who don't have any , all the best.

Ciao at the TOP
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by noble2faith(m): 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
sad sad
That thing dey pain!
The recent one I experienced was Teach For Nigeria. After passing through series of stages: filling application form, answering eligibility questions, online test, phone interview, sample teaching through zoom, and in-person interview which was the final stage, I was not given the offer letter.

I can't fathom why I was selected because during the interview I did excellently well. The interviewers were impressed with my performance.
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by patreecio1: 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
For me it was that believe that one day one day e go click even after hundreds of rejection mail...

Like I strongly believed that one day my acceptance letter will show...well to cut the story short...it showed up 6 months back and I am now a full stack developer...so don't give up oooo... believe that one day your own too go show
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by womenareapess: 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
In Nigeria rejection is like eating bread and akara!
If job reject you keep the file one place continue elsewhere. One day luck go shine.

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by patreecio1: 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
patreecio1:
For me it was that believe that one day one day e go click even after hundreds of rejection mail...

Like I strongly believed that one day my acceptance letter will show...well to cut the story short...it showed up 6 months back and I am now a full stack developer...so don't give up oooo... believe that one day your own too go show

Just a quick one...you can also learn the basics of software development on YouTube and apply for those jobs too possible as a young developer...I can help mentor if anyone is interested though
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by arthurwillia(m): 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2021
toygod2:

Man, he already answered that He never bothers to apply for job.

He even wished others in the process well.

What else?

Lol what do you do after you are rejected from job offers?

I don’t bother to go for job application because I have a job, I was lucky to get a job, even my mates like plenty of them don’t have jobs, your time will come.

No answers whatsoever but it’s all good
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by GboyegaD(m): 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
Seeking employment after school was very challenging for me particularly, having schooled in two countries in the West. I learned to manage my expectations mainly because my experience getting my first job in Nigeria was super easy without any connections.

One thing I learned is that it is okay not to get the job even when it seems the interview was extremely great. To get better, I usually request feedbacks and to add to the pain sometimes was hearing that comment "You did very well unfortunately, we found someone whose experience matched our requirements more". To cope, what I did sometimes was to take two days off job search and ruminate over the experience.

A live changing experience was when three different directors told me that they had no reasons for not offering me the job however, it is not every job one applies for that one gets. These were PhD holders like me in the industry and one was from my field of study. At that point I learned not to worry too much about rejections and take it as one of those things.

In conclusion, the day I got a job, it was funny because the job I looked forward to, I did not get a call from them. When my manager called, I was expecting the rejection news however, she was making me an offer and the rest is history.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by EbukaHades10(m): 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lamasta:
As far as its Nigeria its a normal thing to get rejection mail, na until the job click before we stop applying
People stop applying when they get jobs?

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Lamasta(m): 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2021
EbukaHades10:
People stop applying when they get jobs?
If you get job you go relax now na until you need change before you start to apply again now....
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by ylaa(f): 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2021
No be my own simple
Me too go reject them
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by Judolisco(m): 12:56am On Aug 10, 2021
Leece:

move on d only problem i have is that they don't tell u why you've been rejected
Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by All4good: 7:23am On Aug 10, 2021
Leece:
So

These are entry level jobs requiring aptitude test. One job opening receiving over 5,000 applications. The recruiter can't even read beyond 50 CVs. So even 1st class holders won't make the shortlist.

A for aptitude test. It not even related to the specific job applied for most times but just a ploy to weed off excess applicants and this ends up being counter productive for the Employer.

What's your area of interest? If IT, good. Register on upwork and fiverr and offer your service. You earn some money but the main aim is to acquire on the job experience. This will move you away from seeking EntryLevel jobs. Then you can go back and polish up your CV to re-enter the job market. You can apply for remote jobs so you are not limited to Nigeria. Look out for Bootcamps, they will help you more than Certifications.

Cc
@Adaorababy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Rejection Mail After Applying For A Job? by baby124: 8:20am On Aug 10, 2021
Just delete their rejection and move on. That should not be the only job you applied to anyway. Except you are a lazy applicant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Event Management Training (lagos) / 10 Tips To Make Your CV Stand Out / List Of Contractors Of Telecommunication In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.