Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,109 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Business Or Building A House - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Business Or Building A House (16293 Views)

7 Tips For Building A Successful Career / Photo Of A Disable Man Plastering A House / Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Or Building A House by Spain007(m): 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
AlwaysMotun:
I made same mistake when I was around that your age, rushing to build house. When i eventually needed money to put into my business, I tried to sell the house but no buyer came around... Brother, make research on a business or learn a trade and invest in it... You are still young... Try not to live an extravagant life and manage yourself through the hustling days and you will eventually build yourself a bigger house...

My house is still there and looking for buyer.
Any interested person...

1 Like

Re: Business Or Building A House by victorazy(m): 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
The answer is in the Bible, just that you never come across it
Re: Business Or Building A House by Capeverde: 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
koldej:
I'm sorry to disturb you sir/ma, I'm currently in a position I feel I needed a serious advise.
I rounded up my service year, Nov.2020, luckily I was able to secure a job in a construction company jan.2021 although m on probation (1year).
I managed to secure an half plot of land this month somewhere around Ogun state from my little savings(as a result of this I don't have any savings in my acct)
my probation period will be over by dec. With little chance of being retained.
I'm actually planning to rough things through to Dec. again this year so that I can do the foundation of the land(which means I will not be having any savings) with high probability of not being retained.
Is it advisable to do this when m sure I will probably not be retained or I should save to invest in a business?
Still below 26yrs, pls I need ur opinion and suggestions..thank you

If you know what is good for you read my thread on how I built my house very cheap follow the same route and grow.
https://www.nairaland.com/5165531/follow-me-low-cost-house

You can also watch my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbzamBtw1Xo

As soon as we enter the dry season am starting a fresh project but right now am saving tirelessly for it.
Re: Business Or Building A House by Plut01: 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2021

*You're not sure of being retained.

*You do not have enough to complete a house, even till December unless a miracle happens. Don't start it.

*Starting a business when you sell the land. Not advisable since you will still need some fund to keep soul and body together in case of * one. Starting a business and succeeding in it takes time.

*Use the money and buy a slot in your state civil service, start work and then think of how to start a side business.

Re: Business Or Building A House by Capeverde: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
AlwaysMotun:
I made same mistake when I was around that your age, rushing to build house. When i eventually needed money to put into my business, I tried to sell the house but no buyer came around... Brother, make research on a business or learn a trade and invest in it... You are still young... Try not to live an extravagant life and manage yourself through the hustling days and you will eventually build yourself a bigger house...

Any interested person...
You should have built it for rent because it also business and investment too.
Remember that not everyone can handle business but commercial building is never a failed business.

2 Likes

Re: Business Or Building A House by Ademolaononuga: 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
Use the funds with you to secure the land by doing "something" on it to avoid stories that touch if Omo-Onile (Land Grabbers) comes and takes the land from you. This is a safe way method and in the nearest future, you can sell the land for twice or thrice the price and you can use the money to invest in something that will ensure you steady cashflow.

1 Like

Re: Business Or Building A House by frozen70(f): 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
koldej:
I'm sorry to disturb you sir/ma, I'm currently in a position I feel I needed a serious advise.
I rounded up my service year, Nov.2020, luckily I was able to secure a job in a construction company jan.2021 although m on probation (1year).
I managed to secure an half plot of land this month somewhere around Ogun state from my little savings(as a result of this I don't have any savings in my acct)
I'm actually planning to rough things through to Dec. again this year so that I can do the foundation of the land(which means I will not be having any savings) with high probability of not being retained.
Is it advisable to do this when m sure I will probably not be retained or I should save to invest in a business?

If you want to reside at Ogun state, start a foundation of one room and parlour, which you may use as boys quarter or live in

Am saying this because it won't be difficult for you to build and your land will no longer be vacant

Every thing in life is all about risk taking
Re: Business Or Building A House by IamKizzbrown10(m): 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2021
If you are interested call me +2347041079600
Re: Business Or Building A House by kingolovich(m): 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
KINDLY LET ME ADVISE YOU TO READ THE BOOK "RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON". I BELIEVE YOUR ANSWER IS IN THAT BOOK, TRUST ME.
Re: Business Or Building A House by dhoncesar(m): 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
Buy your land.... Continue your job. As time goes on, you can develop it or keep buying more.. when you are ready in few years time. You can sell from the land and use in developing it because the lands would have appreciate. Or you shld sell all the land and travel out with it . Depending on how much it cost whole purchasing. Make e no be say na my village u come buy land put.
Re: Business Or Building A House by phemmyfour: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
koldej:

You need steady income to build your house on time. Go into biz first
Re: Business Or Building A House by abuaaliyah(m): 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
my advise for you keep the money and be looking for job with prayer even if is low pay job you can be using that money to support yourself, once you have a job doing you can decide on what to do next with the money. dont go and do foundation at the end it could take long time to get a job and you will be thinking is somebody that is behind that o, calculate well. i left service with almost 100k 9years ago and i almost finish the money before i could get something doing not that i rent house o in was staying with somebody.
Re: Business Or Building A House by Emperor5(m): 5:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
If you don't have any business idea...you can invest in transportation

1 Like

Re: Business Or Building A House by okunola123(m): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
koldej:

If the land is safe and has a proper documentation In place. While hurrying my brother. You better safe to invest because only valid investment will help you to actualize that building. I works with a reputable real estate company and they have better investment package than bank.
Re: Business Or Building A House by Gfskw: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2021
Building a house cost more than you imagine only if you have backup plans you can spend your savings on building if not don’t start or else it will just be an Abadoned project
Re: Business Or Building A House by Bluehill1051: 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
koldej:

Where's the land. I'm interested in purchasing it
Re: Business Or Building A House by koldej(m): 7:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
Seniorwriter:

You can strategically do both simultaneously and set a standard towards achieving your goals.

This above is also handy....

BTW in what capacity do you work so I can know what to suggest as alternative earning means plus way forward incase you aren't retained !

@SENIORWRITER
I work as a site engineer
Re: Business Or Building A House by koldej(m): 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
Bluehill1051:
Where's the land. I'm interested in purchasing it
Smile...not ready to sell sir
Re: Business Or Building A House by koldej(m): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
Emperor5:
If you don't have any business idea...you can invest in transportation
Please can you provide me with more info
Re: Business Or Building A House by elilistic(m): 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
Hi bro.....,
I really appreciate you to have saved such amount in a shortwhile.
First thing first-make sure the land is secured
2. Open an interest yielding account and start saving whatever u earn henceforth
3. Don't be in a hurry to invest or start a business until u have enough information.
4. Opportunities knock at the door of every man, only those who have readily available money can cease it
Re: Business Or Building A House by AlwaysMotun: 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2021
White house, Command, Abule Egba, Lagos
Spain007:

Re: Business Or Building A House by Wapgod(m): 3:33am On Aug 10, 2021
AlwaysMotun:

Any interested person...
DROP YOUR CONTACT
Re: Business Or Building A House by Ofolete: 6:37am On Aug 10, 2021
Build house because you can equally sell the house double of what you spent in the next five years. Land and house have nothing than daily appreciation. There is no business bigger than this.
Re: Business Or Building A House by brainpowerng(m): 6:43am On Aug 10, 2021
Proverbs 24:27

Don't build your house and establish a home until your fields are ready, and you are sure that you can earn a living.
Re: Business Or Building A House by AlwaysMotun: 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
0 9 1 3 0 7 5 2 5 5 0
I am Motun
Wapgod:

DROP YOUR CONTACT
Re: Business Or Building A House by yuvsaha123: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2021
thanks for the awesome information.
Re: Business Or Building A House by 77star: 2:06am On Aug 16, 2021
following
Re: Business Or Building A House by yuvsaha123: 1:18pm On Sep 20, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station / Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? / 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.