Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

The Bread Of Life. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bread Of Life. (153 Views)

The Bread Of Life / I Am The Bread Of Life / Bread Of Sorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bread Of Life. by AbundantLife05: 5:16am On Aug 08, 2021
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION.
THE BREAD OF LIFE. John 6:35
“Jesus replied, I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me will never be hungry, and he who believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me will never thirst any more (at any time).” AMPLIFIED.

Good morning dear friends and I welcome you to another teaching of Abundant Life. I pray that our lives shall conform to the life of our Lord Jesus. The topic before us today dear friends is “The Bread of Life”. What is bread of life? We can go on and on to define bread, life and join everything together but I would go straight to the point by saying that the bread of life is our Lord Jesus Christ. How is this so? The scripture above has it that Jesus described himself as the bread of life. This is because Jesus, just as bread symbolise food (a source of strength) gives us strength and life. Without Jesus in our lives, we are weak vessels that becomes prey for the enemies and the power of sin.

Therefore, for us to have spiritual strength, we are to do the following;
1. Believe in Jesus. John 6:36
“But you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me.” NLT.
Have you ever wondered why some people despite hearing the word of God and seeing signs and wonders still refuse to believe God to the point of salvation? It is because of human nature and it is not a new thing. The people during the time of Jesus saw Jesus in the flesh, yet they did not believe him. We humans have a funny way of behaving and unless the Holy Spirit breathes the revelation of God’s word to our hearts we cannot believe by faith. Romans 10:17 “So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.” NLT.

2. Come to Jesus. John 6:37.
“However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.” NLT.
After you have believed in the one and only begotten of God. The next step is to repent from your sins and depart from them. As the scriptures says, Jesus will never reject anyone who repents from his or her sins and ask for forgiveness from him.

Therefore, if you are reading this and you want to have strength from Jesus and become the son of God or you want to go back to God, say this prayer after me; Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and repent from my evil ways. I pray that you forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. Amen. If you have recited this prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and welcome you to the fold. Please join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

For questions, prayers and enquiries, contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Idolatry In Christian Garbs / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/08/2021 / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:sunday, August 29, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.