Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,229 members, 7,811,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released (23318 Views)

The Jew who instigated the Nigerian Civil war (Mods can ban their father) / DSS Accuses Israeli Filmmakers Of Supporting IPOB, Detains Them In Cells / Israeli Filmmakers Arrested In Nigeria Over Alleged Contact With Separatists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by lalasticlala(m): 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2021
A leader of the Igbo Jewish community in southeastern Nigeria was released Saturday after being held by authorities for almost a month, diplomatic sources in Nigeria told the Times of Israel.

Lizben Agha was arrested the same day as three Israeli filmmakers in the Igbo village of Ogidi on July 9 by masked agents of Nigeria’s internal security agency, the Department of State Services. The Israelis, taken at gunpoint in a local synagogue, were suspected of contact with Biafran separatists in the southeast of the country and held for 20 days without access to lawyers and without being formally charged.

The filmmakers stressed that neither they nor Agha had any connection whatsoever to separatists or any political movement.

Agha had been helping the Israelis film an episode on the Igbo Jewish community.

When the Israelis were initially taken for what they were told would be a short interview, Agha asked to join them to mediate with Nigerian authorities. Her insistence on remaining with the trio likely caused her to be arrested as well, one of the filmmakers said.

Rudy Rochman, a pro-Israel activist with almost 95,000 followers on Instagram; filmmaker Andrew Noam Leibman; and French-Israeli journalist Edouard David Benaym were in Nigeria to film “We Were Never Lost,” a documentary exploring Jewish communities in African countries such as Kenya, Madagascar, Uganda and Nigeria. Their July trip was focused on the Igbo community.

“Lizben is an innocent, amazing woman,” Rochman told The Times of Israel. “Incredibly strong, powerful, hospitable, proud in her Jewish identity, and was there for us the moment we got there.”

“It’s horrible what happened to her — 29 days in prison. We were there for 20 of those days, so we know what it’s like,” Rochman said.

The three men took a third of the one daily kosher meal that their jailors allowed them to receive from Chabad and gave it to Agha through the prison guards during their captivity.

But Agha was unable to receive kosher food after the Israelis left.

“I spoke with Chabad before we left and convinced them to continue to bring food for her,” said Rochman. “They came three different times and the DSS refused to give her the food.”

Rochman said the filmmakers helped raise money for her bail.

The filmmakers said that their local fixer, Priye Amachree, was also arrested about a week ago and is still being held. He is not Igbo.

Amachree has not been granted access to a lawyer or been formally charged, Rochman said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/nigeria-releases-local-jewish-leader-who-was-arrested-with-israeli-filmmakers/

4 Likes

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2021

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by loveth360(f): 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
Answer to person above me.

Zoo will always fail.

33 Likes

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2021
What us the meaning of "Igbo Jew"? And when and how did Igbos become "Jews"?

The same Jews that will spit on your black skin?

Anyways, I'm happy she has regained her freedom.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Brokeronline: 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2021
this is good news anyway, the like of igboho and MNK should also be considered..

If you believe in the future, then consider learning how to invest in cryptocurrencies
Wtsapp me on 0.81 31.281 812
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by wwwihy: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
Which one is Igbo Jew?

"Most of the, or I should say many of the negro leaders actually suffer themselves from an inferiority complex even though they say they don't." ~ Malcolm X

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by ursullalinda(f): 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
Finally......I can imagine what she and her family went through.......this government just dey do anyhow anyhow......acting so unsecured

6 Likes

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by fourboys: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
ZooNation embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by 900warriorz: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
Let's put him up for eviction grin
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Plut01: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2021

".......an Igbo Jew who was arrested." Has it been confirmed Igbos are really Jew?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Hausaman(m): 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
An Igbo Jew, again ?. I taught all Igbo's migrated from Nazareth, which makes all of them Jews. Imagine some people claiming to be Jesus son of Mary killers. No be small thing oooooo. I now see the the connecting dots, to their wailing for, law of karma is seriously after them, for murdering a prophet of God.

NB Muslims don't believe he was killed, but rather, protected for God took him to heaven.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by BROWNEMMANUEL26: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
Before I comment, efulefu SIRAO should keep off this thread,
Back to the matter, time shall tell where all this will lead us to. As for those that voted this tyrant hope u guys are enjoying the show?
The irony of this present naija is that people are not informed of the happenings in the country.
We are loosing many uniform men in zamfara codedly on daily bases, if u have a police man as a brother that's serving in zamfara always call to know if he is still alive. Bandits are killing them inside the forest
As for @SIRAO keep enjoying the crop for now, but believe me, very soon that crop will purge u

2 Likes

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Holybwoy: 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lalasticlala

Abeg epp me push this one too.. you checked out the thread .. I don't know why you haven't pushed it

https://www.nairaland.com/6694288/it-goes-down-when-housemates
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Goodman777: 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
Worst woman on planet
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by wpadmin: 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
It is well
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Plut01: 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
Goodman777:
Worst woman on planet

Says who?
Because she called herself Jew?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Sharon6(f): 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
What's Igbo Jew?

1 Like

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Sabadon(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lizben? Lizbenson?
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by dmbb: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2021
The Igbo Jew part makes me laugh grin

3 Likes

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by DominionGreat: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2021
This country called Zootopia will never cease to disappoint.. you arrest and detain someone for 30 days without a trial...

Like are we civilized at all or we still in the stone age??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
Another delusional brainwashed fake Aba jew.

2 Likes

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Thelife: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by money121(m): 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by realstars: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
Good
Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
wwwihy:
Which one is Igbo Jew?

"Most of the, or I should say many of the negro leaders actually suffer themselves from an inferiority complex even though they say they don't." ~ Malcolm X
Malcolm was a black Muslim.
What’s the difference?

I’m sure you identify with one foreign religion or the other Mr inferiority complex.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by domchike(m): 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
Is that one giving you an erection. Yes we are the black jews of west Africa
Activist001:
What us the meaning of "Igbo Jew"? And when and how did Igbos become "Jews"?

The same Jews that will spit on your black skin?

Anyways, I'm happy she has regained her freedom.

5 Likes

Re: Lizben Agha, An Igbo Jew Who Was Arrested With Israeli Filmmakers Released by Southernigbo: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
there is nothing called igbo jew. u are either a jew or not

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"God Has Never Punished Bad Politicians In Nigeria" - Mary Njoku / Alani Bankole: Stop Imposing Wrong Candidates On Nigerians / Seriake Dickson Campaigns With MTN Recharge Card (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.