Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,359 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? (37217 Views)

Cornrows! I Didn't Know Nigerian Men Love This Hairstyle So Much (Photos) / Eyelashes: Why Do Nigerian Men Pretend They Are Not Attracted To This On A Lady? / "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by descarado: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
chatinent:
The same reason the few in Ghana does.
Ghanaian men bleach more than naija men.
As per their women, when you compare the population ratio, they bleach more than naija babes.
Love Ghanaians but this is one weakness they have.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by hopexter(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
ymdo:
A lady bleaching is disgusting

A man bleaching should be stoned to death

angry

Cos na you buy bleaching cream for am abi undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Goldbw122(m): 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:
Whites tan their skins to look dark and our people are bleaching their skin to look like pigs. So sad.
And they have one kind of smell that follows them

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by vivalavida(m): 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
iaamxavier:
Be specific. Yoruba men.

Especially all those ele eran
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by mamawa123: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
Inferiority complex
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Alexaonfleek: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
Benin boys are very fond of this too undecided

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Nwaotu10(m): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
Bleaching is a norm in Western Nigeria.
My male colleagues during NYSC were all using bleaching cream. It's quite surprising.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by DrMuzungu(m): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
It is interesting how Africans bleach their skin, whites do the tanning to get their skin darker. African ladies use relaxers to make their hair straight, European women use chemicals that turn straight hair curly, etc. Every skin complexion and every type of hair can be beautiful. Black skin is beautiful and so is white. Straight hair is beautiful and so is curly. Be what you are!

Btw, would you say this girl is not beautiful because she is, you know, almost literally black?

Or this one

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by drightguy(m): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
Most times it not intentional. It's wrong choice of cream.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by HabaHaba: 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
Workch:
Igbo and Hausa men don’t bleach, it’s usually Yoruba men

Na lie O!!! I don see many Hausa men that bleach blue black many times. Its a personal problem, not tribal. Although the tribes that ive noticed that bleach more are 1. YORUBA. 2. EDOS, 3 IGBOS. 4. KOGI/OKENE,. 5. OTHERS

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Ykc2(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
And na africans dey shout black is beautiful pass come austria almost all naija girls dey use caro white,but Jamaican ladies can bleach for Africa,for Africa na Congo Zaire bleach pass
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by kenzysmith: 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
VTJN:
Lol smiley

Na crime say we fair or wetin
the thing tire ma o all this ashana and d way they reason
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by KingDash: 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
Doja2000:
Most especially igala and idoma guys, na them dey bleach pass.
alaye na edo guys oh..
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by KingDash: 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
Nwaotu10:
Bleaching is a norm in Western Nigeria.
My male colleagues during NYSC were all using bleaching cream. It's quite surprising.
dem dey soak them sef inside cream.. lwkmd.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by PrideofLincoln1(m): 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
Goldbw122:

And they have one kind of smell that follows them
I have a friend here in Chicago and he bleaches and you can't believe how much he sweats and smells funky in the summer. I don't even want to hang around him in the Summer because of his sweats and the funky smells that comes out of his body because of all that stupid creams he rubs on his body. So taky and yucky.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Sijo01(f): 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Very irritating angry
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Glycolite: 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Divoc19:
She's looking for beauty. According to nature, it's the man that chooses a partner and not the other way round.
All a man has to do is to just make money fine or no fine but a lady needs enhancement because of the competition.

But today, we have men that have lost the ingredients that made them MEN in the first instance behaving like women.

Women can go to any length to justify the absurds,once they are the one in the picture of discuss.
Nobody that have a positive image about their person,either male or female,are going to bleach their skin.
Any man or woman that bleaches he or her skin is suffering from huge poor self image.
The way it's disgusting to see a man bleaching his skin,is the same way it should be disgusting to any sensible person that sees a woman bleaching her skin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Goldbw122(m): 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
PrideofLincoln1:
I have a friend here in Chicago and he bleaches and you can't believe how much he sweats and smells funky in the summer. I don't even want to hang around him in the Summer because of his sweats and the funky smells that comes out of his body because of all that stupid creams he rubs on his body. So taky and yucky.
Well God help them..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by mechanics(m): 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2021
Hmmm, maybe you ask those who you have seen doing it.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Ndipe(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
Why should anybody bleach to begin with? You shouldnt just pick on Nigerian men who bleach.

Preciousgirl:
Bleaching is news in Ghana
In Ghana, a few women bleach their skin to look fair

Guys rarely bleach in Ghana
However, the story is different for Nigerian men. Most Nigerian men have bleached their skin under the guise of toning

For me, it is hilarious and disgusting
Because I can make out a natural fair man and bleached man; besides I don't like fair guys

Guys, why do you bleach?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Saynotoapc(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
fati2001:

yesterday where I was buying buttons[for my lab coat ],nah so a guy just came in ordering for a cream called paw-paw ... look at his legs[feet]so so black and reddish color .SO DISGUSTING HOW PEOPLE SPOIL THEIR SKIN.

Bro don't lie the idiot called it botanical name.
Papaya abi?
Lol ���
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by JaceBlaze: 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2021
Nigerian men Hella defensive in the comments so I guess we won't be getting a genuine answer cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2021
Alexaonfleek:

True that
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by neyoohhh: 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
Think it's white supremacy related.. if whites didn't exist people won't bleach.

The self hatred is ingrained in the black man's psyche, to include weaves, how we view the world, what we accept as truth's etc.

More answers on this please.. great topic.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2021
KingDash:
alaye na edo guys oh..
I never meet Edo guys way dey bleach ooo
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2021
Preciousgirl:
Bleaching is news in Ghana
In Ghana, a few women bleach their skin to look fair

Guys rarely bleach in Ghana
However, the story is different for Nigerian men. Most Nigerian men have bleached their skin under the guise of toning

For me, it is hilarious and disgusting
Because I can make out a natural fair man and bleached man; besides I don't like fair guys

Guys, why do you bleach?

Well the case is different here, edo girls like fair boys scarra (bleach or natural). Once you are fair you are half way winning her heart.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by ymdo(m): 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2021
hopexter:

Cos na you buy bleaching cream for am abi undecided
Are you bleaching? Talk true
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by fati2001(m): 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2021
angelfallz:
Men who bleach their skin have No sense of purpose.
A man that has a sense purpose would not waste his time bleaching, rather he would be working to better himself.

I said it today, I would say it again. I pity men who think looking handsome would take them anywhere. Its not only bleaching, look at the way some men pose while taking pictures, they would be pouting like women, ozo those it a lot.

i wouldn't be surprised if some men actually rub lipstick on their lips, so that their lips would look red or pink.

We are living in a generation of confused men.

Lastly, Women who bleach, have inferiority complex

I'm sexy and I know it.

be a fashionista!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Glycolite: 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2021
ymdo:
A lady bleaching is disgusting should be stoned to death.

A man bleaching should be stoned to death

angry
Fixed!
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by ymdo(m): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2021
Glycolite:

Fixed!
Lol
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by KingDash: 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2021
Doja2000:
I never meet Edo guys way dey bleach ooo
bros na them be the king of bleaching, no kind cream wey them no know.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2021
Alexaonfleek:

Naim their girls they like, they go extra length to get skin toning cream for their bf. They will be like " I know a cream that will bring your colour out "

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? / Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? / "I Am Happier In Bikinis": Yvonne Nwosu Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.