Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,384 members, 7,850,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:00 PM

Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. (6842 Views)

Biafra: I Am A Loyal And Staunch Supporter Of Biafra-ex Minister / Biafra;i Don’t Want Another Country, A Beautiful Piece On Biafra- Vanguard / Radio Biafra, I.P.O.B, Secession Uproar Was Never Because GEJ Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by PFRB: 6:13am On May 22, 2016
Bluetooth2. Do you know anything about the eastern Nigeria consultative assembly??
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by PFRB: 6:24am On May 22, 2016
For those who say their people were not consulted, see below.

***At each stage during the crisis, in accordance with the democratic and republican spirit of Eastern Nigerians, the people were fully consulted for their advice and guidance.  

On August 31, 1966, the First Consultative Assembly and the Advisory Committee of Chiefs and Elders *****(consisting of four representa­tives from each administrative division )*******and other interests were sum­moned and the facts relating to the crisis put before them. Their advice was as follows:
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 6:34am On May 22, 2016
PFRB:
For those who say their people were not consulted, see below.

***At each stage during the crisis, in accordance with the democratic and republican spirit of Eastern Nigerians, the people were fully consulted for their advice and guidance.  

On August 31, 1966, the First Consultative Assembly and the Advisory Committee of Chiefs and Elders *****(consisting of four representa­tives from each administrative division )*******and other interests were sum­moned and the facts relating to the crisis put before them. Their advice was as follows: 

Don't waste your time on those agents provacateur aka yorubaas pretending to be Ibibio/efiks to cause division. Ibibio/efik remains the staunchest supporters of Biafra till this day outside of SE. I'm from Abiriba and I know...I have Ibibio blood in me. Son of Gen Philip Effiong has written books and done countless presentations in positive light about Biafffra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by juman(m): 6:55am On May 22, 2016
Unfortunate.
Very unfortunate.
Very very unfortunate.

One nigeria failed to make any sense.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Alibesamuel: 7:06am On May 22, 2016
Are they 1st class citizens now
jmaine:
My grand mum told me that at first the Efik and the Ibibio clan supported the biafran cause but when a salient question was raised about the prospect and share of the minorities ( Efik and Ibibio) in the new Biafran republic if successful, the Igbos casually told them their question was not necessary liking it to a discussion between husband and wife that can always be discussed later . . You know how wife's are treated in the African settings as Persona Non Grata. the Efiks and the Ibibio felt insulted by tagging them as wife's in the Biafran cause and pulled off their support. . .that marked the beginning of a dwindling fortune of Biafra territorial gains in the war . . .They felt the Igbos could not be trusted lest they become slaves and second class citizens in the new republic
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by jmaine: 7:24pm On May 24, 2016
Alibesamuel:
Are they 1st class citizens now

Yes they are in their own rights. Do you have a problem with that ?
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by bkool7(m): 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
aljharem3:

why the insult undecided haba brother

the link is above u, i think u should check it out

Pardon the insults
Some Igbos are not intelligent enough to engage in a constructive debate without resulting to curses and insults - its instinctive
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Markfemi2: 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
I'm here to watch IGBO people beg niger delta for unity the reason why you hate Yoruba but fake love Niger delta we must know today !

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by kingzizzy: 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
Markfemi2:
I'm here to watch IGBO people beg niger delta for unity the reason why you hate Yoruba but fake love Niger delta we must know today !

Dont bring Niger Delta into this, it is an invented name just like Nigeria. This thread is about the Efik/Ibibio ethnic nationalities

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Killed At Heipang In Jos / Obasanjo Who Is He ? How Well Did He Perform? / How Buhari Should Handle Biafra Agitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.