Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,283 members, 7,849,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:40 PM

Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. (6841 Views)

Biafra: I Am A Loyal And Staunch Supporter Of Biafra-ex Minister / Biafra;i Don’t Want Another Country, A Beautiful Piece On Biafra- Vanguard / Radio Biafra, I.P.O.B, Secession Uproar Was Never Because GEJ Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ChinenyeN(m): 12:43am On May 18, 2011
Why are you acting so dumb? Is everyone supposed to have agreed with Ojukwu in order for you to validate this your crusade? Is everyone supposed to have been consulted by Ojukwu? For your information, (I'm not 100% sure) but I don't believe my people in particular were 'consulted', but it wasn't and isn't about my people. It was about the Eastern Region as a whole. It shouldn't come as a surprise to even you if a number of people did not agree then, or now. People don't agree 100% of the time on 100% of everything, and quite frankly, the whole "who did he consult" nonsense you keep shooting out of your azz doesn't invalidate context surrounding Biafra. I really don't want to believe you're as dumb on this situation as you're making yourself out to be. Use common sense and judge within context. Don't act like a fool.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 12:55am On May 18, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Why are you acting so dumb? Is everyone supposed to have agreed with Ojukwu in order for you to validate this your crusade? Is everyone supposed to have been consulted by Ojukwu? For your information, (I'm not 100% sure) but I don't believe my people in particular were 'consulted', but it wasn't and isn't about my people. It was about the Eastern Region as a whole. It shouldn't come as a surprise to even you if a number of people did not agree then, or now. People don't agree 100% of the time on 100% of everything, and quite frankly, the whole "who did he consult" nonsense you keep shooting out of your azz doesn't invalidate context surrounding Biafra. I really don't want to believe you're as dumb on this situation as you're making yourself out to be. Use common sense and judge within context. Don't act like a fool.
If people wer not consulted,then it goes against the will of the people.how do you think the people of bakassi will feel when OBJ seceded the area to cameroun ? Ojuku ought to conduct a referendum before taking such decision !
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ChinenyeN(m): 12:59am On May 18, 2011
What exactly pains you about the events surrounding Biafra? When a group of people (say a pack of friends) have a friend who fuqs up on something, maybe pissing off the wrong people or something, and some time later, those group of friends are out and then get jumped in connection to that fuckup, do you expect them to be standing there, reasoning with their attackers for them to wait for the group to have some bullshit 'referendum'? What the fuq is going on in your mind. What the hell pains you so bad?
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ChinenyeN(m): 1:02am On May 18, 2011
You know what, nevermind. My people say, a koruora okho ngwhere ya akuruo isi. . . I shouldn't have to talk too much on this topic. If e dey pain you so bad, then build time machine and go 'correct' the 'problem'. Nonsense. For the sake of a whole region, and you're here asking about referendum.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by EzeUche2(m): 1:20am On May 18, 2011
ChinenyeN I like what I have been reading from you for the last couple of months. And your argument was simple, but powerful.

Welcome home brother.  cool
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by buffny: 1:24am On May 18, 2011
i believe that a good bit of efik and ibibio supported biafra, i dont think all of them.

but we all know saro wiwa and elechi amadi were dissenters that did not support biafra. that is ikwerre and ogoni .
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ChinenyeN(m): 1:25am On May 18, 2011
Don't jump the gun EzeUche. grin Nothing's changed about me.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by EzeUche2(m): 1:27am On May 18, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Don't jump the gun EzeUche. grin Nothing's changed about me.

My Ngwa brother, I have been silently agreeing with you for a while now. Welcome back to the fold. You once was lost, but now you are found.  cool
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by ChinenyeN(m): 1:40am On May 18, 2011
haha. You just don't relent. I'm no different now than I was those times you disagreed with me, but let me not talk too much. Instead, let me just say that there are some things I can tolerate, and do, and some I could tolerate, but won't.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by buffny: 12:49am On May 28, 2011
are there any efik and ibibios on this forum
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by HTML5: 10:33am On May 28, 2011
All of you at talking about what you don't know.

Have you ever asked yourselves how Biafra fell?

Ibibios (Efiks are Ibibios) did not support Biafra from day one, but some greedy elements like Barr. Udoaffia, and Phillip Effiong gave Ojukwu the impression that hIs cause was supported by the Ibibios.

After the lost of Port Harcourt, Onitsha, and Enugu to the Nigerian armies, the Biafran rebels became strong and even stonger within.

The only way the Nigerian army could penetrate their strongholds was to break in via Sub-marines, and without the co-operation of the Ibibios, Oron and Calabar wouldn't have fallen into the hands of Nigerian amries which forced Ojukwu to run to Ivory Coast.

Hunger was also the most vital weapon used against the rebels.

Go and check accurate memiors.

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by HTML5: 10:42am On May 28, 2011
Posted by: buffny

i believe that a good bit of efik and ibibio supported biafra, i dont think all of them.

but we all know saro wiwa and elechi amadi were dissenters that did not support biafra. that is ikwerre and ogoni .

Also know that Port Harcourt became Igbo when the Igbo became so powerful and popular after the first military coup that produce Aguiyi Ironsi.

Port Harcourt that was a complete Ikwere land, but started claiming Igbos to stay alive as people were massacred on their down south should they claim not to be Igbo by some Nigeria Soldiers of Eastern Nigeria.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Abagworo(m): 11:23am On May 28, 2011
HTML5:

Also know that Port Harcourt became Igbo when the Igbo became so powerful and popular after the first military coup that produce Aguiyi Ironsi.

Port Harcourt that was a complete Ikwere land, but started claiming Igbos to stay alive as people were massacred on their down south should they claim not to be Igbo by some Nigeria Soldiers of Eastern Nigeria.

Guy you are late.Very late.Ikwerre has never claimed not to be Igbo.What Ikwerre says is that they are not Isuama.Most Igbos are not Isuama but are erroneously referred to as that by uninformed Ikwerres.

Back to topic.The propaganda machine employed by the Gowon government was what streamlined Biafra into the present day Southeast.Accross the entire Biafra several people(both Igbos and non-Igbos) were forced to fight the war.It is the same thing with the last election where PDP government used propaganda to polarise the country and capped it with the murder of youth corpers.Instead of Nigerians to call for investigation into the actual killing,they were blinded from the truth and sheepishly believe it was the protesters that killed them.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by AndreUweh(m): 12:01pm On May 28, 2011
HTML5:

What a brainless crap above. Why not just read through what intelligent people posts rather than displaying stupidity in this thread. Since when was Port Harcourt completely Ikwerreland?.
Mind you, Ndigbo have been living in Port Harcourt from day one because Ikwerre people are Igbo people. Ndigbo from hinterland moved into Port Harcourt from 1914 when it was made a sea port to evacuate coal from Enugu to Great Britain. Ndigbo did not come to P.H during Ironsi's regime. I don't know why some brains are so think to learn new ideas. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Dede1(m): 2:47pm On May 28, 2011
@HTML5

I had the urge to unload selective insults on your moniker but realized that morons beget morons. I should blame the school of thought that led you to believe the conjectural craps you posted about defunct eastern region and Biafra. Of course, Biafra was defeated and tendencies to deny any involvement in war on the Biafra side are abound among non-Igbo of eastern region who are expecting crump leftovers from the victorious side. However, these turncoats should be reminded that Nigeria is in transition. Could the ethnic group of HTML5 believe that Bakassi would have been ceded to Cameroon by agents of victorious Nigeria?

I have never for one day doubted the fact Nigeria must come to end suddenly.
The postulations you made about the Port Harcourt as Ikwerre land, the claim of Igbo by Ikwerre to avoid massacre and easy capture of riverine areas of defunct eastern region of Nigeria by Nigerian vandals are proves that no good comes out of foolish mind. I can not attribute this wanton display of stupidity to your parents because they could be innocent of your idiotic transgressions on naira land.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by FACE(m): 8:12pm On May 28, 2011
HTML5:

All of you at talking about what you don't know.

Have you ever asked yourselves how Biafra fell?

Ibibios (Efiks are Ibibios) did not support Biafra from day one, but some greedy elements like Barr. Udoaffia, and Phillip Effiong gave Ojukwu the impression that hIs cause was supported by the Ibibios.

After the lost of Port Harcourt, Onitsha, and Enugu to the Nigerian armies, the Biafran rebels became strong and even stonger within.

The only way the Nigerian army could penetrate their strongholds was to break in via Sub-marines, and without the co-operation of the Ibibios, Oron and Calabar wouldn't have fallen into the hands of Nigerian amries which forced Ojukwu to run to Ivory Coast.
Hunger was also the most vital weapon used against the rebels.

Go and check accurate memiors.

In your own thinking, Enugu , Nsukka etc also fell because the Igbo people there cooperated with the Nigerian forces. Laffing at Nigeria using submarines to penetrate Oron and Calabar.

Calabar fell as a result of tactical error, less hardware and the support Gowon received from Ahidjo, which Biafra did not envisage.

As per Ibibio people, all I can say is that many of them stood side by side in the trenches with their Biafran counterparts, giving as much as they were getting and even more.

Ndi Igbo have shouldered the consequences of the war alone and survival instincts made their natural allies to keep their distance. The Ibibios have intermingled with and married Ndi Igbo from God knows when. My grand dad married an Ibibio woman as far back as 1917 and her own parents also lived in Umuahia within the same period.

My Uncle was in Calabar sector when Calabar fell. He was a 2nd Lt in Biafran army and his section covered retreating Biafran forces. One of their last stand points was at SPC Calabar, where De Martin stood fighting for more than three days before pulling out. He had nothing negative to say about his Ibibio colleagues.

Your assertions about PH do not deserve any response.

2 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Dede1(m): 9:04pm On May 28, 2011
FACE:

In your own thinking, Enugu , Nsukka etc also fell because the Igbo people there cooperated with the Nigerian forces. Laffing at Nigeria using submarines to penetrate Oron and Calabar.

Calabar fell as a result of tactical error, less hardware and the support Gowon received from Ahidjo, which Biafra did not envisage.

As per Ibibio people, all I can say is that many of them stood side by side in the trenches with their Biafran counterparts, giving as much as they were getting and even more.

Ndi Igbo have shouldered the consequences of the war alone and survival instincts made their natural allies to keep their distance. The Ibibios have intermingled with and married Ndi Igbo from God knows when. My grand dad married an Ibibio woman as far back as 1917 and her own parents also lived in Umuahia within the same period.

My Uncle was in Calabar sector when Calabar fell. He was a 2nd Lt in Biafran army and his section covered retreating Biafran forces. One of their last stand points was at SPC Calabar, where De Martin stood fighting for more than three days before pulling out. He had nothing negative to say about his Ibibio colleagues.

Your assertions about PH do not deserve any response.

Please Bros do not even attempt to educate the deluded nincompoop. I had love the idea of watching such misguided maggots wallow infinitely in their ignorance.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by EreluY(f): 2:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
jmaine:
My grand mum told me that at first the Efik and the Ibibio clan supported the biafran cause but...They felt the Igbos could not be trusted lest they become slaves and second class citizens in the new republic

WOW.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Ojuku forced them into the so called biafra struggle all because of the oil.Can any ibo tell us why the ibos overshadowed other minorities within the biafra thing ?

Oil ke

Why are nigerians very stupi. Pipo

2 Likes

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
jmaine:
My grand mum told me that at first the Efik and the Ibibio clan supported the biafran cause but when a salient question was raised about the prospect and share of the minorities ( Efik and Ibibio) in the new Biafran republic if successful, the Igbos casually told them their question was not necessary liking it to a discussion between husband and wife that can always be discussed later . . You know how wife's are treated in the African settings as Persona Non Grata. the Efiks and the Ibibio felt insulted by tagging them as wife's in the Biafran cause and pulled off their support. . .that marked the beginning of a dwindling fortune of Biafra territorial gains in the war . . .They felt the Igbos could not be trusted lest they become slaves and second class citizens in the new republic

I ope ur grand mum is still alive. Tell her she was deaf, blind n dumb during d war.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
Yes they did. Biafra was mainly a war fought by d whole eastern nigeria for self determination.

Why do u fink ss has Alwz been marginalized

Why did the north n s waste n all muslims in nigeria come together to oust GEJ from power
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by jmaine: 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
chuna1985:

I ope ur grand mum is still alive. Tell her she was deaf, blind n dumb during d war.

Believe me, you won't like to go down this route with me. Kindly sheathe your emotions. Thanks . . . .

1 Like

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
jmaine:

Believe me, you won't like to go down this route with me. Kindly sheathe your emotions. Thanks . . . .

Taaa run away.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by jmaine: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
chuna1985:

Taaa run away.

From who ? You ? You be jonser . . .I swear . . . . .
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
jmaine:

From who ? You ? You be jonser . . .I swear . . . . .

From ur grand mother.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
Ndiongon ke nsi nan ufanado atan ndiseme do grin grin grin
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by coolitempa(f): 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
No they did not......they were forced by the ibos......check ur history books... sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by SOUNDKING: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
aljharem3:
op

they did not, effiong an efik man still insulted ojukwu before he die calling him a spoilt child

ojukwu and igbo soilders killed the minority leaders and put puppets head in place of them

i can provide links for this

u watch
in lucky dube's voice ''your mother did'nt tell you the truth and your father did'nt tell you the truth''
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by jmaine: 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
chuna1985:

From ur grand mother.

It wasn't my fault your grand mum, mum and your aunt's were laid to waste after a brutal rape session by members of the Nigerian armed forces.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by fx45(m): 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
jmaine:
My grand mum told me that at first the Efik and the Ibibio clan supported the biafran cause but when a salient question was raised about the prospect and share of the minorities ( Efik and Ibibio) in the new Biafran republic if successful, the Igbos casually told them their question was not necessary liking it to a discussion between husband and wife that can always be discussed later . . You know how wife's are treated in the African settings as Persona Non Grata. the Efiks and the Ibibio felt insulted by tagging them as wife's in the Biafran cause and pulled off their support. . .that marked the beginning of a dwindling fortune of Biafra territorial gains in the war . . .They felt the Igbos could not be trusted lest they become slaves and second class citizens in the new republic
How well have they fared in the incumbent Republic since the end of the war?
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by tpiander: 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
yes, they did, imo.

the second in command of Biafra was Efik/Ibibio.
Re: Did Efiks And Ibibios Support Biafra . I Really Want To Know. by PFRB: 5:43am On May 22, 2016
So many young people who dont know what happened are talking here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CJN, Tanko Study Law Without English & Mathematics (PHOTOS) / If Innoson Want To Make A Progress He Should Move His Head Office To Ogun . / Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.