Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Your Little Suggestion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Little Suggestion (1158 Views)

Imagine Your Little Daughter Writing This About Your Wife's Ex (photo) / What Is Your Suggestion On This Naughty Thing? [Pictures] / Redpill Movies Suggestion Thread For Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Little Suggestion by Home94: 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2021
My fellow nairaland

1 Like

Re: Your Little Suggestion by BirtherOfKings(f): 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2021
Home94:
Good day my fellow nairaland
Am managing in a primary school were but there is this problem am facing
I have two of my pupils a girl and a boy who have this funny smell
The girl sit at the front but whenever am teaching I can perceive this smell from her sometimes I go close to ascertain if am not mistaking but I was not
Once started thinking if the smell is from under her skirt a very beautiful girl
I later discovered that she stays long in her mummy shop after school and got home very late before taking her second bath of the day
So I tried in telling her to always rinse her armpit with water whenever she teachers the shop
The second person is a boy very handsome and good-looking but she has this funny smell from his body one could perceive it if he enters in the class
It got worst if he sweat so much
Was kind of thinking if it's the family kind of smell or what
I always advise him to put on roll on and deodorant to school
Should I tell their parents now about their children hygiene or what
Planned of discussing it with one of the parents but don't know how they might feel about it
What should I do my fellow nairaland because I don't want those children to grow and suffer one kind depression of poor hygiene when they were small

Experienced such on my way to church last week, buy perfume oils for them and advise them to always use it when entering your class. Bring them close and advise them to always take a baths after school and wen going to bed
Re: Your Little Suggestion by WeNoGoDie(m): 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2021
Home94:
Am managing in a primary school were but there is this problem am facing
The girl sit at the front but whenever am teaching I can perceive this smell from her sometimes I go close to ascertain if am not mistaking but I was not
Once started thinking if the smell is from under her skirt a very beautiful girl
I later discovered that she stays long in her mummy shop after school and got home very late before taking her second bath of the day
So I tried in telling her to always rinse her armpit with water whenever she teachers the shop
The second person is a boy very handsome and good-looking but she has this funny smell from his body one could perceive it if he enters in the class
Planned of discussing it with one of the parents but don't know how they might feel about it
What should I do my fellow nairaland because I don't want those children to grow and suffer one kind depression of poor hygiene when they were small

Talk to the kids about their hygiene and to shower regularly and how bad odor is very offensive. Buy them roll on deodorant if you can afford.

If they don't listen and stay the same afterwards, your work is done. Ignore from that point.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Home94: 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2021
BirtherOfKings:

Experienced such on my way to church last week, buy perfume oils for them and advise them to always use it when entering your class. Bring them close and advise them to always take a baths after school and wen going to bed
They are neat kids and sometimes the smell is not offensive unlike normal body odour smell
But yet one can still perceive that smell
Thinking if it's there family smell
When my pupils go out and sweat they will be smelling normal body odour that is caused by sweat but the boys one is funny and that same funny smell
On the girl part she smell normal body odour smell maybe due to poor hygiene and from her under
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Home94: 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
I need your suggestion and way to handle it
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Home94:

Once started thinking if the smell is from under her skirt .
A very beautiful girl
So I tried telling her to always rinse her armpit with water whenever she reach their shop

Sometimes he doesn't smell much but that smell from his body must be there if you go close to him and this boy happened to be my favorite in the class.
Check so much to think or believe if it's normal body odour but can't actually ascertain the smell.dont know if it's actually from their family or a particular thing or what
Have anybody here noticed such a thing before
Give me a suggestion and possibly way to go about it
Because I don't want their parents to see it as if they are not taking care of their children or or understand it deferenntly
When dealing with children or teenagers always be very sensitive to their feelings as you could emotionally scar them for life by your approach. These kids are probably just as confused as you are about what you claim you perceive and not knowing what to do agonize about it more than you care to know. The bodies and hormones are doing to them that which they don't totally understand. The last thing they need is someone who is not willing to understand trying to make them feel even more awkward than they already do. undecided
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Home94: 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When dealing with children or teenagers always be very sensitive to their feelings as you could emotionally scar them for life by your approach. These kids are probably just as confused as you are about what you claim you perceive and not knowing what to do agonize about it more than you care to know. The bodies and hormones are doing to them that which they don't totally understand. The last thing they need is someone who is not willing to understand trying to make them feel even more awkward than they already do. undecided
That's why I always make them conformable whenever am around them
I love those kids and always feel fine when they are around me
But the thought of what they might pass through if these issues or problems are not sorthed give me bad sigma
That's why I want to try my best in correct it now.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2021
Home94:

That's why I always make them conformable whenever am around them
I love those kids and always feel fine when they are around me
But the thought of what they might pass through if these issues or problems are not sorthed give me bad sigma
That's why I want to try my best in correct it now.
Do your best for them but don't try to handle them. undecided

Assuming it is not in fact the case that you have an overly sensitive nose yourself, do some research of online or even ask doctors about what persons can do or use in such situations. Suggest ideas to the kids and ask them what they think...get their input in as friendly a manner as you possible can. Try to put yourself in their shoes - we were all once teenagers ourselves - so they do not feel you are trying to badger them in to dealing with the possible issue. undecided
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Home94: 7:33am On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Do your best for them but don't try to handle them. undecided

Assuming it is not in fact the case that you have an overly sensitive nose yourself, do some research of online or even ask doctors about what persons can do or use in such situations. Suggest ideas to the kids and ask them what they think...get their input in as friendly a manner as you possible can. Try to put yourself in their shoes - we were all once teenagers ourselves - so they do not feel you are trying to badger them in to dealing with the possible issue. undecided
Make clearer please
Re: Your Little Suggestion by zexy2030(m): 7:44am On Aug 12, 2021
Call the parent quietly and investigate why. Just be thoughtful the way you present it. Then finally get them deodorants soaps and sprays or perfume oils or otherwise keep quiet n endure.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 12, 2021
Well... This is a serious issue and the parents are soley responsible for it. Though you didn't state their age, I still believe it all begins from the home front. How personal hygiene was handled from inception.

Now, while it may be a natural cause, it may also be lack of hygiene.
If it's the former, then it can be managed by checking what they eat or use that act as triggers. Eg. Fresh fish, onions and spices.

If it's as a result of lack of hygiene, then masking the odour with perfumes won't work. In fact, it will only make it worse. What can work here is dealing with the problem itself and getting rid of it before applying any deodorants.

Some parent are just lazy. If you see they way they bathe their children. Some don't even wash the corner of the earlobes or remove earwax and the odour from that part alone can overshadow the entire body but most people don't know.
Also treat them very well if they have catarrh. Untreated catarrh can cause unexplanable odour.

How to converge your message without sounding derogatory.
Advise them either by treating it as a topic in class, a closing remark everyday on the assembly/class or setting it up somewhere at an angle (where they can easily see it) of the class as a reminder telling them to

. Always bathe with soap and enough
water after school
. Focus more on private parts of the body
when washing
. Tell mummy and daddy to clean the ear
( Remove built-up wax)
. Use antiseptic soap to kill germs and
bacteria that cause odour
. Apply powder to the armpit to control
sweating.
. Use children antiperspirant roll-ons.

No perfumes please because they can't afford good perfumes for now and most of the cheap ones out there are just 2% frangrance Oil (FO) with 80 % methanol /Ethanol that end up worsening the whole thing.

I remember when the public schools mandated all secondary school students to start using perfumes in Lagos. Haha.. come and see parents trooping into cosmetic shops, buying perfumes. I was curious and asked a few parents with wards in different schools and they all confirmed the school ordered their wards to start using deodorants. So, it's a general issue in all schools.

In all, I still believe proper hygiene is the first steps to preventing body odour.
Bathe your wards well. And after that, smell them before wearing them clothes and sending them off to school.

2 Likes

Re: Your Little Suggestion by Limassol(m): 9:12am On Aug 12, 2021
I must admit this is an awkward situation as i'm just teacher as you. However, i suspect there is something these kids are not telling you or probably they themselves don't know of, i mean it might be a case of an underlying health condition or something, as someone above suggested, be very mindful how you talk about these sensitive issue be it with the kids or their parents.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 12, 2021
Limassol:
I must admit this is an awkward situation as i'm just teacher as you. However, i suspect there is something these kids are not telling you or probably they themselves don't know of, i mean it might be a case of an underlying health condition or something, as someone above suggested, be very mindful how you talk about these sensitive issue be it with the kids or their parents.

I'm also a teacher though part time but I still have close contact with the pupils and it can be very disturbing being hit with some strange odour. So, nothing bad or wrong in what the op, is saying.

A child once walked up to my table to submit her homework. I was taken aback and asked if she brushed her mouth that morning.
I turned to the class teacher and told her what I observed and she said, it's normal. There's nothing she can do. I was like..what??

I now stood up and addressed the class Immediately. Telling then that, " any one of you that fails to brush before coming to school next time will receive some strokes of the cane". Come and see commotion in the air. haha.. they were all chorusing "Miss J, I brushed my teeth, I brush my teeth, I've brush my teeth" lol.. I just gave them a wide smile and walked away. At least message has been passed.

I know of some children that rush off to school without brushing. The day their dad remembered them. He stopped them at the gate of the compound that day and was using his finger to rub their teeth and if sees any stain, you'll stand aside. He flogged.. even up to the ones in secondary school that day and sent back to brush.

So let op speak up. That is why we are their teachers.to teach them the right thing.

Way forward is all we need.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Kobojunkie: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
Home94:

Make clearer please
All I can really say is tailor your solution as best you can to the situation as it presents itself to you. No two situations or teenagers are the same so, I can't really say "buy them anti-perspirants, and that should resolve it all". Also, I can say you should delve into their private lives to determine the real source of the issue either as that is another sensitive area. So? undecided
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Home94: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
Limassol:
Yes I thought of so because they use deodorant as per answers they gave me
The girl in question is probably lack of poor hygiene because her odour is normal body odour and from her undies too
But the boy who use deodorant and washed clean keep having this peculiar smell which is hard for me to distinguish between normal body odour or family odour
The smell is so peculiar that I started thinking there is something I need to know
The boy is my favorite in the class and I truly like him,like my own.but I don't want to feel I didn't do much in helping him now as his teacher
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Pumpumking: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2021
Home94:
Am managing in a primary school but there is this problem am facing
A very beautiful girl
So I tried telling her to always rinse her armpit with water whenever she reach their shop
Sometimes he doesn't smell much but that smell from his body must be there if you go close to him and this boy happened to be my favorite in the class.
Check so much to think or believe if it's normal body odour but can't actually ascertain the smell.dont know if it's actually from their family or a particular thing or what
Because I don't want their parents to see it as if they are not taking care of their children or or understand it deferenntly

angry
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Pumpumking: 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
Home94:
Am managing in a primary school but there is this problem am facing
A very beautiful girl

ok so u sayin yor 2 student smell like dog....correct?...Bro juss call them Bingo!!! (no ofeinse) angry
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Limassol(m): 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
Home94:

Yes I thought of so because they use deodorant as per answers they gave me
The girl in question is probably lack of poor hygiene because her odour is normal body odour and from her undies too
But the boy who use deodorant and washed clean keep having this peculiar smell which is hard for me to distinguish between normal body odour or family odour
The smell is so peculiar that I started thinking there is something I need to know
The boy is my favorite in the class and I truly like him,like my own.but I don't want to feel I didn't do much in helping him now as his teacher

i understand you perfectly, and the fact you are making efforts to remedy the issue shows how much of a good soul you are, may heaven bless you! However, i think bringing his parent(preferably his mom) on board will be a good idea, what do you think?
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Home94: 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2021
Limassol:
i understand you perfectly, and the fact you are making efforts to remedy the issue shows how much of a good soul you are, may heaven bless you! However, i think bringing his parent(preferably his mom) on board will be a good idea, what do you think?
Thanks so much
The boy In question is handsome, good looking,neat and have a benevolent heart
The thought of what he might go through if this is not solved gives me thought and hallucination
He is my favorite and really good
Don't want to sound somehow to the parents or being misunderstood
The smell can be perceive from a standing point and it's peculiar especially when he sweat and stay long
Have on time told him to always bath immediately he comes back from school which he does perfectly
The smell is so peculiar that it doesn't smell per normal body odour
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Divoc19(f): 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2021
If you're used to face me I face you apartment in Lagos you may understand this smell better. Some people's house/room/apartment use to have a particular smell. Some could be the smell of Eba/Garri my friend's room I was use to, or other kind of smell.

Just encourage them to use perfume. Be careful about that parent thing please.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2021
CharisEleos:

I'm also a teacher though part time but I still have close contact with the pupils and it can be very disturbing being hit with some strange odour. So, nothing bad or wrong in what the op, is saying.

A child once walked up to my table to submit her homework. I was taken aback and asked if she brushed her mouth that morning.
I turned to the class teacher and told her what I observed and she said, it's normal. There's nothing she can do. I was like..what??

I now stood up and addressed the class Immediately. Telling then that, " any one of you that fails to brush before coming to school next time will receive some strokes of the cane". Come and see commotion in the air. haha.. they were all chorusing "Miss J, I brushed my teeth, I brush my teeth, I've brush my teeth" lol.. I just gave them a wide smile and walked away. At least message has been passed.

I know of some children that rush off to school without brushing. The day their dad remembered them. He stopped them at the gate of the compound that day and was using his finger to rub their teeth and if sees any stain, you'll stand aside. He flogged.. even up to the ones in secondary school that day and sent back to brush.

So let op speak up. That is why we are their teachers.to teach them the right thing.

Way forward is all we need.
And what if the problem was that the student in question had halitosis and there was nothing she could do about it, there by your act, you have simply made the child more miserable about the situation and probably more insecure. undecided
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And what if the problem was that the student in question had halitosis and there was nothing she could do about it, there by your act, you have simply made the child more miserable about the situation and probably more insecure. undecided

It wasn't halitosis. This was a clear case of not brushing that morning.
My action did not in any way make her feel miserable. If anything, it made her make adjustments: including the others.

I take them as my own children and they understand that I wasn't dissing but correcting them.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
CharisEleos:

[b]It wasn't halitosis. This was a clear case of not brushing that morning.
[/b]My action did not in any way make her feel miserable. If anything, it made her make adjustments: including the others.

I take them as my own children and they understand that I wasn't dissing but correcting them.
You may think so but It is never that clear. These are sensitive issues that ought to be dealt with in sensitive manner so you don't end up scaring a child for life or something. undecided
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You may think so but It is never that clear. These are sensitive issues that ought to be dealt with in sensitive manner so you don't end up scaring a child for life or something. undecided

Ok. I understand but some teenagers are stubborn that even when you try to teach them hygiene, they won't listen.

Well .. I still blame the parents.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2021
Teachers are an integral part of parenting, I hope the kids' parents understand that else they may not take it well
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
CharisEleos:

Ok. I understand but some teenagers are stubborn that even when you try to teach them hygiene, they won't listen.

Well .. I still blame the parents.
Is it possible that they want to pay attention but they can't though? Africans are too used to seeing things a certain way that anything that challenges their preconceptions, they quickly label as defective and continue with what they know. undecided

A lot of the "stubborn" kids from my time were actually more students struggling with attention problems. I was one of them. I didn't know what it meant to focus until I finally went on mental illness treatment, this in my adult years. I was was myself depressed kid with an overactive mind so even sitting still, my mind could not focus on just one thing for a long period and you could not get me to actually do homework either. What I am saying all this to say is don't write them all off as problem children, instead let them learn these things when they are able to. undecided
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Is it possible that they want to pay attention but they can't though? Africans are too used to seeing things a certain way that anything that challenges their preconceptions, they quickly label as defective and continue with what they know. undecided

A lot of the "stubborn" kids from my time were actually more students struggling with attention problems. I was one of them. I didn't know what it meant to focus until I finally went on mental illness treatment, this in my adult years. I was was myself depressed kid with an overactive mind so even sitting still, my mind could not focus on just one thing for a long period and you could not get me to actually do homework either. What I am saying all this to say is don't write them all off as problem children, instead let them learn these things when they are able to. undecided

Shes not mentally challenged. Shes just stubborn.

What you're describing is autism and she doesn't exibit any signs of that.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2021
CharisEleos:
Shes not mentally challenged. Shes just stubborn.

What you're describing is autism and she doesn't exibit any signs of that.
I didn't describe autism. What I instead described was ADHD lipsrsealed

Mental illness is not easily diagnosed by those who don't know what to look for. undecided

I recall I was able to not only diagnose myself but also observe some of my very own symptoms in some of my classmates too. I recently reached out to some and thankfully at least one of them confessed to receiving counseling and treatment at this time. undecided
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't describe autism. What I instead described was ADHD lipsrsealed

Mental illness is not easily diagnosed by those who don't know what to look for. undecided

I recall I was able to not only diagnose myself but also observe some of my very own symptoms in some of my classmates too. I recently reached out to some and thankfully at least one of them confessed to receiving counseling and treatment at this time. undecided

Oh.. k. I see.

Hope you no longer exibit the symptoms.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
CharisEleos:

Oh.. k. I see.
Hope you no longer exibit the symptoms.
Why? You know a better treatment for me than what I currently have going for it? undecided
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why? You know a better treatment for me than what I currently have going for it? undecided

Huh?
But you can now read and understand. Even reply and comment to post. So, what do you still need treatment for?

Jesus is a better treatment I have for you. He'll heal you completely.
Re: Your Little Suggestion by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2021
CharisEleos:

Huh?
But you can now read and understand. Even reply and comment to post. So, what do you still need treatment for?

Jesus is a better treatment I have for you. He'll heal you completely.
See, not necessarily the case yet, but my hope is I will be able to comprehend more than just these in time to come. undecided

There are many other dimensions to the illness than simply lack of focus or concentration. Jesus heals right but what happens when you ask for just that everyday and the response remains the same - "Trust your Father". What do you do then? ? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Right To Check Through Your Girl Phone / In Need Of Something Serious, No Game / Gosh! Please Help Me. How Can I Survive This Life Now(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.