Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir (2363 Views)

Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests / IPOB Members Burn Passenger In Imo For Flouting Sit-At-Home Order / Kaduna: Army General Arrested For Flouting Lockdown Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Emergingnation(m): 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2021
IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-East Residents For Flouting Sit-At-Home Directive

It was also reported that there was heavy shooting around Banana junction along Orlu-Owerri Road as gunmen engaged security agents in a shoot-out.

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has refuted claims that it was behind the killing of people in some parts of the South-East to enforce compliance with its sit-at-home order on Monday.

SaharaReporters published on Monday that suspected IPOB members reportedly burnt a passenger alive in Nkwogu, Ahiazu Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State for flouting the sit-at-home order issued by the group.

File Photo: IPOB members
Two of the vehicles, Hummer Buses, belonging to a popular transport company, Libra, were coming from Umuahia, Abia State capital when they ran into a group of hoodlums suspected to be members of IPOB.

It was gathered that they shot at the tyres, which forced the buses to stop. The passengers of the buses scampered to safety, while one of the drivers was reportedly shot in the hip.

The passenger could not escape before one of the buses was burnt.

It was also reported that there was heavy shooting around Banana junction along Orlu-Owerri Road as gunmen engaged security agents in a shoot-out.

Also, two persons were reportedly shot dead in Nnewi, Anambra State, for allegedly flouting the sit-at-home directive by the separatist group.

While reacting to these sad incidents, the Media and Publicity Secretary of the group, Emma Powerful who spoke to SaharaReporters, blamed Nigeria's security agents for causing mayhem in the region.

Powerful added that the group did not force anyone to comply with the directive. 

He accused the operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) of deriving pleasure from killing South-East residents and labelling the volunteers of IPOB's militant arm, Eastern Security Network (ESN) as responsible.

“IPOB never forced anyone to obey sit-at-home order issued by IPOB leadership because that was the dance we dance always. Those killings were done by Nigerian security forces disguised as ESN to implicate IPOB and ESN.

“They knew that was the only way to create confusion between IPOB and our people, but we are smarter than them. It has been long they were looking for ways for people to hate IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu (IPOB leader). We reiterate once again that IPOB members are not ready by whatsoever means to kill people. We are fighting to gain Biafra.

“We know that Nigerian Government and her partners in crime do not like Biafrans and their businesses in Nigeria. Our people must understand that DSS can kill them and blame it on ESN and IPOB.

"Everybody must realise that they are looking for different ways to implicate our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, and ESN operatives while they allow Fulani terrorists to be rampaging the country. IPOB order for sit-at-home does not reflect the killing of our people on the sit-at-home day.

“Nigeria police and colleagues always derive joy in slaughtering innocent citizens and turning around to implicate IPOB and ESN,” Powerful said.

Also, one of Kanu's disciples and former Radio Biafra broadcaster, Simon Ekpa on his Twitter page on Tuesday blamed Nigeria's joint forces for the killings.

Ekpa also vowed that there would be no election in the South-East region of Nigeria, while blaming those who flouted the order for their misery.

The Finland-based disciple of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the group, added that the sit-at-home would again be observed in the South-East next Monday.

“This is a picture from a video circulating on social media, some tag them ESN (Eastern Security Network). For the records, this is not ESN, rather the Nig security JTF, the same group who destroys properties, attacks fellow police and stations in the name of blackmailing IPOB. If you saw the video now you know.

“No election in Biafraland will be activated by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), starting from the Anambra election. The leaders in the SE don’t know what the electorate are ready to do. The struggle has entered AutoPilot. The Leaders from SE must learn from Northerners.

“The civil disobedience sit-at-home will continue next Monday the 16.8.2021. Those of you who didn’t listen to our warning about the plot by the Military to kill our people, we warned you not to come out to avoid being scapegoats for Nigeria Army criminals. Hopefully, you’ve learnt,” Ekpa tweeted.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/10/ipob-denies-killing-harassing-south-east-residents-flouting-sit-home-directive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Northernblood3: 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2021
I am currently in Aba and I must advice IPOB not trend the way of Nigeria (lying). It was enforced.You gave the DSS the breading ground to commit atrocities in your name.

This stupidity embedded in the mind of black people with power must not manifest among IPOB.

The moment Nnamdi Kanu loses support or IPOB loses integrity and trust among people, Nnamdi Kanu will be eliminated.

Don't threaten or enforce the sit at home, their is no joy in it, let the people do it out of love. The same love anyi wa bu Ndi Aba nyere Nnamdi Kanu na 2017,we can also do it now, don't just use force. You will only make people hate you
mynd44

8 Likes

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
It's too late to eliminate prophet Nnamdi kanu (SAW) no jokes
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by OfoIgbo: 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2021
Northernblood3:
I am currently in Aba and I must advice IPOB not trend the way of Nigeria (lying). It was enforced.You gave the DSS the breading ground to commit atrocities in your name.

This stupidity embedded in the mind of black people with power must not manifest among IPOB.

The moment Nnamdi Kanu loses support or IPOB loses integrity and trust among people, Nnamdi Kanu will be eliminated.

Don't threaten or enforce the sit at home, their is no joy in it, let the people do it out of love. The same love anyi wa bu Ndi Aba nyere Nnamdi Kanu na 2017,we can also do it now, don't just use force. You will only make people hate you

GBAM!!!!

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Notasyouthink: 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2021
Emergingnation:
IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-East Residents For Flouting Sit-At-Home Directive

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has refuted claims that it was behind the killing of people in some parts of the South-East to enforce compliance with its sit-at-home order on Monday.

SaharaReporters published on Monday that suspected IPOB members reportedly burnt a passenger alive in Nkwogu, Ahiazu Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State for flouting the sit-at-home order issued by the group.

File Photo: IPOB members
Two of the vehicles, Hummer Buses, belonging to a popular transport company, Libra, were coming from Umuahia, Abia State capital when they ran into a group of hoodlums suspected to be members of IPOB.

It was gathered that they shot at the tyres, which forced the buses to stop. The passengers of the buses scampered to safety, while one of the drivers was reportedly shot in the hip.

The passenger could not escape before one of the buses was burnt.

Also, two persons were reportedly shot dead in Nnewi, Anambra State, for allegedly flouting the sit-at-home directive by the separatist group.

While reacting to these sad incidents, the Media and Publicity Secretary of the group, Emma Powerful who spoke to SaharaReporters, blamed Nigeria's security agents for causing mayhem in the region.

Powerful added that the group did not force anyone to comply with the directive. 

He accused the operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) of deriving pleasure from killing South-East residents and labelling the volunteers of IPOB's militant arm, Eastern Security Network (ESN) as responsible.

“IPOB never forced anyone to obey sit-at-home order issued by IPOB leadership because that was the dance we dance always. Those killings were done by Nigerian security forces disguised as ESN to implicate IPOB and ESN.

“They knew that was the only way to create confusion between IPOB and our people, but we are smarter than them. It has been long they were looking for ways for people to hate IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu (IPOB leader). We reiterate once again that IPOB members are not ready by whatsoever means to kill people. We are fighting to gain Biafra.

“We know that Nigerian Government and her partners in crime do not like Biafrans and their businesses in Nigeria. Our people must understand that DSS can kill them and blame it on ESN and IPOB.

"Everybody must realise that they are looking for different ways to implicate our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, and ESN operatives while they allow Fulani terrorists to be rampaging the country. IPOB order for sit-at-home does not reflect the killing of our people on the sit-at-home day.

“Nigeria police and colleagues always derive joy in slaughtering innocent citizens and turning around to implicate IPOB and ESN,” Powerful said.

Also, one of Kanu's disciples and former Radio Biafra broadcaster, Simon Ekpa on his Twitter page on Tuesday blamed Nigeria's joint forces for the killings.

Ekpa also vowed that there would be no election in the South-East region of Nigeria, while blaming those who flouted the order for their misery.

The Finland-based disciple of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the group, added that the sit-at-home would again be observed in the South-East next Monday.

“This is a picture from a video circulating on social media, some tag them ESN (Eastern Security Network). For the records, this is not ESN, rather the Nig security JTF, the same group who destroys properties, attacks fellow police and stations in the name of blackmailing IPOB. If you saw the video now you know.

“No election in Biafraland will be activated by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), starting from the Anambra election. The leaders in the SE don’t know what the electorate are ready to do. The struggle has entered AutoPilot. The Leaders from SE must learn from Northerners.

“The civil disobedience sit-at-home will continue next Monday the 16.8.2021. Those of you who didn’t listen to our warning about the plot by the Military to kill our people, we warned you not to come out to avoid being scapegoats for Nigeria Army criminals. Hopefully, you’ve learnt,” Ekpa tweeted.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/10/ipob-denies-killing-harassing-south-east-residents-flouting-sit-home-directive

Oyigboupdate the truth is finally out shame on you.

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by IgweOfNnewi: 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
Of they can't be the one
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by gidgiddy: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
Theyvwill be claiming that IPOB killed people but you will not see any dead body

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by OyigboUpdate: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
Notasyouthink:

So u want me to believe just a write up where una send. Where as a video of someone talking on a table u call it fake.

Besides Simeon ekpa showed a screenshot of police men dressing as unknown gunmen he said he will send the video soon. Please we need the video to know the truth.

We don't care if the video is coming from simeon ekpa hence it is the truth we follow it

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by OyigboUpdate: 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
gidgiddy:
Theyvwill be claiming that IPOB killed people but you will not see any dead body

Ok I'll make a thread because of this comment. This morning I got the clearer video and pictures of the igbo passengers burnt alive

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by RoyalUc(m): 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2021
Notasyouthink:

You can issue statements to deny the atrocities committed by IPOB as much as you can but the people affected witnessed it firsthand.
Keep deceiving yourselves!

1 Like

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by OyigboUpdate: 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
RoyalUc:

You can issue statements to deny the atrocities committed by IPOB as much as you can but the people affected witnessed it firsthand.

U dey mine am. People in the scene testified its them in live video evidence. But he wants us to ignore all their videos and believe an issued statement cheesy

1 Like

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by RoyalUc(m): 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2021
gidgiddy:

gidgiddy, it's now obvious that you have lost your soul to IPOB. just keep it up! Soon, you will wail with no one to listen

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2021
grin

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Notasyouthink: 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2021
RoyalUc:

No! I should be telling you that.
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Monogamy: 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2021
Even with the video and photos evidence..

I think the Olympic committee should include lying in the next Olympic game.. Igbos would represent Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Monogamy: 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2021
gidgiddy:

Just take a look at what being fanatic has caused

1 Like

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Notasyouthink: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
OyigboUpdate:

So u want me to believe just a write up where una send. Where as a video of someone talking on a table u call it fake.

Besides Simeon ekpa showed a screenshot of police men dressing as unknown gunmen he said he will send the video soon. Please we need the video to know the truth.

We don't care if the video is coming from simeon ekpa hence it is the truth we follow it
I don't even expect you to believe because your job is to discredit IPOB.
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by RoyalUc(m): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2021
Notasyouthink:
No! I should be telling you that.
Keep deceiving yourself.

Shame on you!

You have no honor. You are worst than the killer herdsmen, bandits and Boko Haram you like comparing yourself to.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by OyigboUpdate: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2021
Notasyouthink:
I don't even expect you to believe because your job is to discredit IPOB.

I'm an open minded person. I'm not like u. If u bring a video proof I'll calm down then constructively argue.
Despite how I support this government I never said the lekki killings were fake.
No matter how I support something. I have an open mind

1 Like

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Fahdiga(m): 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2021
We believe IPOB

1 Like

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Splendid235: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Stay at home to avoid story that touch.simple!!!!
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Emergingnation(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
OyigboUpdate:

yes we believe the write-up, they're saying the truth !
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by loveth360(f): 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
We know nigeria government is doing everything to paint Ipob black.

I pity the ones that allowed nigeria government to use them as experiment to carry out their propaganda.

If you are at home,you won't be an escape goat that the Zoo government will use in their fight against Ipob.
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by ablejesus26(m): 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2021
Now you know why the well to do, prominent Igbos will not have themselves tagged with this group of thugs and killers�.

You are calling for freedom,but will enslave others if given the privilege �.
Shame, shame, shame, shaaamme.

I would rather pledge my allegiance to the leaders of Igboland,than an evil occult group.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by AntiBMC(m): 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
Ofcos they are not guilty. The vile criminals who did that have an agenda. They will all be exposed.
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by loveth360(f): 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
[s]
ablejesus26:
Now you know why the well to do, prominent Igbos will not have themselves tagged with this group of thugs and killers�.

I would rather pledge my allegiance to the leaders of Igboland,than an evil occult group.
[/s]Who you allegiance help.

Enemy from day one talking about allegiance.
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Emergingnation(m): 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2021
IPOB we believe you,

That Carnage was carried out by Nigeria security operative to tarnish the image IPOB and under mind further sit- out at home order

We know what the Fulani government can do to stop the struggling ...
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Emergingnation(m): 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2021
ablejesus26:

Are you Igbo, typical fulani ..

Can you show us the prove that they carry out the Carnage..

Cry Cry unity beggar stunts...
Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Lol..... Imagine the acclaimed liberators.. lying like little children

Anyone that believed this crap is no less a terrorist.

I must confess that FG led by buhari was all along right about IPOB and the proscription inorder.

Look at how they are lying to videos circulating everywhere...

Thank God biafra is dead and buried.... Nailed Coffin .....

If not somalia will be a child's play to what these terrorists holds for innocent citizens.

Meanwhile I thought it was only lie Mohammed that knows how to lie with the truth obvious and a perfect one but here is IPOB in their natural stupidity lying between their teeths.....

IPOB = Bitterness, evil, Terrorism, all forms of whataboutism....

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by after4: 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
Nobody wants you to believe it, we want you to know how transparent your foolly is

OyigboUpdate:

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by after4: 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2021
look at this one trying to feel important

who cares about your allegiance and what made you think we dont know you are not igbo?
ablejesus26:

Re: IPOB Denies Killing, Harassing South-east Residents For Flouting Sit-at-home Dir by Emergingnation(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
Juliusmalema:
[s]Lol..... Imagine the acclaimed liberators.. lying like little children

Anyone that believed this crap is no less a terrorist.

I must confess that FG led by buhari was all along right about IPOB and the proscription inorder.

Look at how they are lying to videos circulating everywhere...

Thank God biafra is dead and buried.... Nailed Coffin .....

If not somalia will be a child's play to what these terrorists holds for innocent citizens.

Meanwhile I thought it was only lie Mohammed that knows how to lie with the truth obvious and a perfect one but here is IPOB in their natural stupidity lying between their teeths.....

IPOB = Bitterness, evil, Terrorism, all forms of whataboutism....
[/s]
Fulani Marauder , your cry can't stop Biafra actualization...

We the Igbo believe IPOB,

And we all know , that your Fulani government killed those innocent people to undermine further sit-out home order..

Keep crying like a newborn baby while beggar for unity...

Unity begging stunts..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 6 Most Powerful Armies Of All Time / 2023: Tinubu Wife And Daughter Are The Biggest Threat To His Ambition / Come To The Negotiating Table Without Delay - Zelensky Begs Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.