Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,640 members, 7,823,818 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. (1783 Views)

Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? / I Noticed That My Girlfriend Is Cheating On Me And This Later Happened / What I notice about Nairaland threads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by bodybuilder: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2021
When you go through threads from 6 - 10 years ago on Nairaland. You will hardly see insults and hate speech. Everyone contributes to the topic, learn and have fun. Now everywhere insults, tribal wars etc. What could be cause of this?

16 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Iniobong34: 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2021
As day dey break things dey change, dats Y
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2021
We had responsible mods then not this set of bigots, all the care about is generating traffic for the site at the expense of humanity and Nigeria's unity. Nairaland is now a fertile land in recruiting political touts, terrorism and cyber fraud!

14 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Blacknote: 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2021
Op, that was when the trees were still a playground for the squirrels.

1 Like

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by illicit(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2021
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Ibaaboy(m): 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2021
we have responsible mods back den

4 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by GardenOfGod(m): 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
Government was fostering unity then... But now they are promoting nepotism thereby translating into people's lifestyle, incubating hatred and frustration.

13 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by wumi2017(f): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
Waliasiri pikin everywhere lipsrsealed
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by AYNL: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2021
Na Because Buhari Was Not Our Presido Then These Day,every Nigerians No Just Get Time For Rubbish Ayewada
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by lastchild: 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2021
me, what I noticed is that girls are no longer plenty in this forum

8 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Hanibbal(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2021
Nigeria is more hard now everyone is venting his anger and frustation on fellow nairalander that's what I notice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by SPLENDID25(m): 5:32am On Aug 11, 2021
wumi2017:
Waliasiri pikin everywhere lipsrsealed
AFA?
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by wumi2017(f): 5:42am On Aug 11, 2021
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by knacker(m): 6:56am On Aug 11, 2021
The MODs changed

2 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by siofra(f): 7:48am On Aug 11, 2021
This is not true.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by SmartPolician: 7:58am On Aug 11, 2021
inspirator1:
We had responsible mods then not this set of bigots, all the care about is generating traffic for the site at the expense of humanity and Nigeria's unity. Nairaland is now a fertile land in recruiting political touts, terrorism and cyber fraud!

Stop blaming the mods; blame those who make comments. As far as I am concerned, Nairaland represents that true identity of Nigeria that we always pretend does not exist.

Nigerians are the world's worst hypocrites. They can never make tribalistic comments on platforms where their identities are known.

Because Nairaland is a faceless forum, they express themselves the way they never would on websites with real identifies like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

OP, I think politicians divided and destroyed this country. Politics is something we can never run away from, no matter how hard we try. Nigerian leaders use tribe and religion against the people and those things reflect in our everyday lives, including the way we interact online.

5 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by zexy2030(m): 8:06am On Aug 11, 2021
bodybuilder:
When you go through threads from 6 - 10 years ago on Nairaland. You will hardly see insults and hate speech. Everyone contributes to the topic, learn and have fun. Now everywhere insults, tribal wars etc. What could be cause of this?
Android phones are now so affordable and now in the hands of toddlers n teenage boys and girls, even Beatrice on BBN bought an android phone with data for her 7yr old son. So, what do you expect on a faceless forum such as this. I just weep for the next generation if naija continue to be like this. The country might just be unbearable to live in. Except there is an intervention.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by skywalker240(m): 8:15am On Aug 11, 2021
The Mods back then have what we call brain.

Most of them now are brainless kids
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by rottennaija(m): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2021
Nairaland has been taken over by Igbos and kids.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by SenecaTheYonger: 8:29am On Aug 11, 2021
lastchild:
me, what I noticed is that girls are no longer plenty in this forum

Redpillers chased them into hiding. They now use only male profile or don’t include their gender at all.

3 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 11, 2021
bodybuilder:
No be only you notice my brother
If I were in the position to do so, I'll give a stern warning about this nonsense they go about doing, if you do otherwise, permanent banning.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 11, 2021
Back then, kids didn't have easy access to smartphones.

Now, they do. And they're everywhere on Nairaland. Especially this section.

1 Like

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by 1stHooligan(m): 9:32am On Aug 11, 2021
KimberlyWest:

grin
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Greatzeus(m): 10:52am On Aug 11, 2021
bodybuilder:
Most of the hatred and tribalism here rose to all time high after some people lost in a free and fair election in 2015. The pain was so much,the only way they thought they could cope was to transfer their aggression to a whole tribe of millions of people, blaming them for " imposing" the winner on Nigerians.
Even though millions like me never voted neither do we support any political vagabonds,yet I come here daily seeing insults targeted at me just because of my tribe. But me I don't give a fu* k and will never insult any tribe here,all I care about is cashing out big,all glory to God.
The only enemies I have are people trying to stop me from making money. God bless success kiss
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by NobleSeed(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2021
[b]EVERYBODY JUST DEY SHOUT MODS THIS MODS THAT undecided.
tell me the mod nairaland have then and the ones currently on board, any difference or change?
The ones blaming the advent of android phones to being handled by kids bla bla, that's very wrong. There are grown up folks on this platform still parading themselves as kids, walking up and down on different threads looking for what is not looking for them ,awon scalar qualities.sometimes when I go through old threads I just feel overwhelmed cause of the hilarious comments down to the way issues are been addressed then. I remember going through a certain thread the other day,God bless this moniker (SONOFMARK) the guy is dem raw when it comes to used of words,argument, addressing certain issues, him mama really wash him head well.
The owner of the forum he himself seems to be confused ,because I can't see any meaningful changes right from the inception of the forum to this time.only when nairaland is down you see him creating threads up and down, if when he's being given advice he won't even take it to heart .
Na to dey cruise dey go as we see am sure pass ,anywhere way E carry us reach break failed, we go wait make him fixed then we enter again..abi na?[/b]

2 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Opemiposii(f): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2021
bodybuilder:
i tot twaz only me dat noticed... dey contribute to topic as if they are family.. buh now.... thingz have changed
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Ahmback(m): 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
KimberlyWest:

grin
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by legallyminded: 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
The country's economy nosedived into recession due to bad policies of PMB. To distract us from the actual problem, they're using tribe and religion as willing tools. Some are even paid like that @VULTUREBBQGRILLS.. Any critique of the government is perceived as an attack on the north. MNK and Igboho are hunted while fulani herdsmen roam freely and cause mayhem. Kemi Adeosun was compelled to resign as finance minister on counts of forgery but Isa Pantami, a terrorist sympathiser is still holding office and intends collecting our biodata through NIN for jihad purposes. Too many issues to cry about under one slothful administration.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by stillseth: 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
I blame seun.He doesnt take ppl advice on here, its only when the site is down that you will read seun's post..And he really need to upgrade or add features to the (forum). Nairaland has been the same since inception, No upgrade.. Mod should be creating meaningful topic too and not juat deleting and suspending people, while they are suspending and deleting comments, they should engage in conversations too...and lastly kids with cheap phone don kan full the forum, hereby creating divison with tribalism..Any small thing like this, you go chop insult straight..kids don infiltrate the forum..but most of all Seun really need to upgrade the site or something.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by SPLENDID25(m): 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2021
wumi2017:
undecided
make I Make Your Day, for Free!
Re: One Thing I Noticed About Old Nairaland Threads. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2021
bodybuilder:

Na hunger cause am

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out Wizkid's Hot Ex Girlfriend (PHOTOS) / How Is This Cool Weather Affecting You? / What Superpower Would You Have And How Would You Use It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.