Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,089 members, 7,867,146 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:18 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4680410 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (6235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eluquenson(m): 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
Denis Suárez signs for Barça
He will play first year with B-Team after joining from Man City
His skill with the ball at his feet, ability to provide the final pass and good shooting are some of the
attributes that have earned Denis a move to Barcelona.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Pique didn't play well. He was beaten for pace repeatedly, by Villa, and even Felipe Luis, on a number of occasions.
Mascherano played far better, and put in a number of well-timed interceptions.

Agree on the ref though. Athletico was quite rough in their approach. Clearly they intended to hold the lead until the second leg.

Barring any injuries or form issues, we should administer the usual Camp Nou pill next Wednesday wink
You are very much correct! indeed you watched the match. Anyone who says Pique did well did not watch the match. Mascherano is a saviour. I wonder why a narural DM would play a CB role more than a natural CB. Gosh!

Hopefully like you rightly stated, we will give them what they deserve at the Camp. But on a more serious note, we need a CB. If we play Madrid the way we played last night, they will exploit the heck outta us.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
eluquenson:

Invariably, we need a full CB, bt I can't fathom the work of Puyol in dis team, after trying to lure david luis to camp nou failed Tata declared he only awaits the return of Puyol as our CB.
[b]We have a serious problem at d back}/b]
Gbam!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
dmcdad:
You are very much correct! indeed you watched the match. Anyone who says Pique did well did not watch the match. Mascherano is a saviour. I wonder why a narural DM would play a CB role more than a natural CB. Gosh!

Hopefully like you rightly stated, we will give them what they deserve at the Camp. But on a more serious note, we need a CB. If we play Madrid the way we played last night, they will exploit the heck outta us.

Neither was he a natural CB, he was an ST before being converted to a CB grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
honeric01:

Neither was he a natural CB, he was an ST before being converted to a CB grin
Okay. And you don't think his years of experience (work experience) should give him the edge considering he has been playing that position all through his senior career?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
dmcdad:

Did you watch Madrid's match against Betis and how Cedric and Verdu ran Madrid's "invincible" defence ragged? I don't think it's only Barca that needs a defender.
You need a defender, Mr. AJ needs a defender. I need a defender! Lol! Everybody needs a defender!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
Johnpaul88: Did you watch Madrid's match against Betis and how Cedric and Verdu ran Madrid's "invincible" defence ragged? I don't think it's only Barca that needs a defender.
You need a defender, Mr. AJ needs a defender. I need a defender! Lol! Everybody needs a defender!

So you don't think Barca needs a defender?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
AjanleKoko:

So you don't think Barca needs a defender?
I don't.
With the right training, these lots will be fine. It's not as if extra defender will stop us from conceding. Manu with all there top notch defenders, still leaks goals. Even Bayern leaked 4 against BVB the other day. I know it doesn't justify anything, but right training and staying fit is more important than any world class defender we can get. Who is even this world class defender that is not prone to one mistake or another, here and there? The days of world class defenders are sadly behind us. Even at there prime, great defenders like Maldini and Nesta still conceded.

Does the fans now expect Barca not to concede a goal again? Any goal conceded now means a world class defender is needed more than human needs air.

Barring any other set back, we'll continue wit wat we have now until december. This will help us to know if Bartra and Bagnack will be a solution or not.

And what with this defender market! The players are way too over priced. The clubs have noticed that barca wants to buy a defender and then they will do everything possible to make sure they milk them dry. What is so special with Luiz that he'll cost €50M? Or old Agger dt now goes for €40M? Is that not crazy to pay these amounts? It'll be us the fans that will be first to critisize the club should these defender go the way of Casceres or whatever he's called and the Ukraine guy?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Johnpaul88: I don't.
With the right training, these lots will be fine. It's not as if extra defender will stop us from conceding. Manu with all there top notch defenders, still leaks goals. Even Bayern leaked 4 against BVB the other day. I know it doesn't justify anything, but right training and staying fit is more important than any world class defender we can get. Who is even this world class defender that is not prone to one mistake or another, here and there? The days of world class defenders are sadly behind us. Even at there prime, great defenders like Maldini and Nesta still conceded.

Does the fans now expect Barca not to concede a goal again? Any goal conceded now means a world class defender is needed more than human needs air.

Barring any other set back, we'll continue wit wat we have now until december. This will help us to know if Bartra and Bagnack will be a solution or not.

And what with this defender market! The players are way too over priced. The clubs have noticed that barca wants to buy a defender and then they will do everything possible to make sure they milk them dry. What is so special with Luiz that he'll cost €50M? Or old Agger dt now goes for €40M? Is that not crazy to pay these amounts? It'll be us the fans that will be first to critisize the club should these defender go the way of Casceres or whatever he's called and the Ukraine guy?
Starke and Daniel Van Buyten where in that back line combine those two and disasters are bound to happen!

Your scouts are just lazy! There are a lot of cheap/reasonable priced defenders across Europe but you guys seem to only be after the big names. You guys don't necessarily need someone that's world class just a serviceable and reliable option! You might get away with Pique,Puyol and Mascherano in Spain but in Europe its a sure shot yall would be exposed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
Johnpaul88: I don't.

I get you bruv... It's not like I am hoping to get an angel for a defender that can be invisible or something, but the truth of the matter is; if not for tge fact that Piqué is Spanish and also La Masia's product, I think something would have been done. I get you that all defenders are prone to make one mistake or the other every now and then (afterall, as good as TS is he made a mistake against Uruguay in the confederations cup), yet that is not to justify the too many mistakes the likes of Piqué is guilty of. The guy is arguably the worst defender playing in a big club. Have you noticed that virtually anyone can beat Piqué on a one-on-one situation. Now, should it be so? And please don't give me the "every cule knows that about him and should be used to it by now" because a club like Barca is not suppose to concede cheap goals. I am not really talking about the conceding aspect but the number of times he his prone to errors as well as the number of times he is beaten without much stress.

Anywayz, like always, I hope things get better. But whether Real Madrid were vulnerable in defence or Man Utd and every other clubs, the honest truth remains that Barca needs a good CB more than any top notch club around.

Visca Barca
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
A-40:

Starke and Daniel Van Buyten where in that back line combine those two and disasters are bound to happen!

Your scouts are just lazy! There are a lot of cheap/reasonable priced defenders across Europe but you guys seem to only be after the big names. You guys don't necessarily need someone that's world class just a serviceable and reliable option! You might get away with Pique,Puyol and Mascherano in Spain but in Europe its a sure shot yall would be exposed
You are right bruv. You are just right....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
Lionel Messi underwent tests this afternoon and the diagnosis is a post-contusional intramusuclar hematoma on his left femoral biceps tendon. Effectively it’s an inner muscular bruise. FC Barcelona lead doctor Ricard Pruna confirmed the injury is a result of a physical collision during the game, i.e. being kicked at, rather than a muscular issue. Certainly not
an injury to worry about, though it’s not assured he will participate against Málaga. Pruna however did not rule him out, saying that the healing time for this type of bruise makes his availability on Sunday possible.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chimezie198(m): 9:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
^^ wow!! Goodnews... So happy.
I just wish Messi and Neymar would play together atleast for 45mins.
It seems Neymar isn't happy cuz he hasn't played alongside with d world best.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
dmcdad: Lionel Messi underwent tests this afternoon and the diagnosis is a post-contusional intramusuclar hematoma on his left femoral biceps tendon. Effectively it’s an inner muscular bruise. FC Barcelona lead doctor Ricard Pruna confirmed the injury is a result of a physical collision during the game, i.e. being kicked at, rather than a muscular issue. Certainly not
an injury to worry about, though it’s not assured he will participate against Málaga. Pruna however did not rule him out, saying that the healing time for this type of bruise makes his availability on Sunday possible.
great news! But I think the next time messi should play should be in the first champions league match, most likely sept 17. Let him relax till then.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
^^^^ Yeah! I think he should be given enough time to rest.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
A-40:

guy i have to accept you are very correct in this.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 6:45am On Aug 23, 2013
Neymar is still seriously lost, unhappy and still cannot fit into this tiki taka system except he commits himself like fabregas.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2013
^^^^ What are you saying?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pharoh: Neymar is still seriously lost, unhappy and still cannot fit into this tiki taka system except he commits himself like fabregas.
Apparently, you never watched Barca's match against Athletico.
If you did, you would have noticed how he easily blended into the game, despite playing just over 30minutes.
You are prolly hating on the young lad because your club couldn't get to sign him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
A-40:

Absolutely spot on, Mr. A-40.
The likes of Dante, Inigo Martinez, Demichelis would readily be available on the cheap.
Don't know why Zubizaretta would always stalk on overhyped, overrated and overpriced English Premiership defenders
Barca don't neccessarily need an expensive defender; we only need a defender who can easily blend into the system, which I do not see Luiz or Agger doing.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
Why was Abidal let go? He would've done better than Piqué. Anybody that doesn't know Piqué caused the Athleti goal by Villa probably dozed off for a few milliseconds.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
^^^^ I wonder why someone would be advocating for the calamity himself... Piqué is one of the worst defenders in world football.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:08am On Aug 24, 2013
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 24, 2013
^^^
You talk this way because apparently it is not your money that is being spent to keep a cancer risk player, who has no reason not to have another relapse, the next day after you have extended his contract.
That gabage article by goal.com carefully avoided this fact, so as to achieve their whatever desire to have a dig at the administration.
Alves talked on personal grounds only not on professional grounds. The club did all they could for Abidal. They gave him contract when he had his second relapse and he ended up playing only 2 or 3 matches and all you want is for them to give him another one because the club has become a charitable organisation? People should be fair in argument.

That he's playing now for Monaco does not mean he's cured totally. He's become a liability, sadly. What should have been the question is why we couldn't get a replacement?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by onuwaje(m): 8:40am On Aug 24, 2013
Pls can someone share me al link where I can download thr video of the super cup game? I missed the match thanks to nepa
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 11:08am On Aug 24, 2013
Johnpaul88: ^^^
You talk this way because apparently it is not your money that is being spent to keep a cancer risk player, who has no reason not to have another relapse, the next day after you have extended his contract.
That gabage article by goal.com carefully avoided this fact, so as to achieve their whatever desire to have a dig at the administration.
Alves talked on personal grounds only not on professional grounds. The club did all they could for Abidal. They gave him contract when he had his second relapse and he ended up playing only 2 or 3 matches and all you want is for them to give him another one because the club has become a charitable organisation? People should be fair in argument.

That he's playing now for Monaco does not mean he's cured totally. He's become a liability, sadly. What should have been the question is why we couldn't get a replacement?
How is Abidal's situation different from Puyol; and why does Puyol stay on the payroll?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2013
logica: How is Abidal's situation different from Puyol; and why does Puyol stay on the payroll?

A muscular injury and an organ transplant are not the same thing bruv.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
^^^^ Right
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
AjanleKoko:

A muscular injury and an organ transplant are not the same thing bruv.
When you add the keyword RECURRENT, then the muscular injury could even be considered worse. And by the way, Abidal is now back in action and even played for France, Puyol still cannot even train.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
logica: When you add the keyword RECURRENT, then the muscular injury could even be considered worse. And by the way, Abidal is now back in action and even played for France, Puyol still cannot even train.
But bruv let's be sincere with ourselves, you can't compare them. Abidal's case was a matter of life-and-death and Puyol's case ain't. Please don't put them side by side. I understand where you are heading to, yet you can't compare the gravity of Abby's injury to that of Puyol.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
dmcdad:
But bruv let's be sincere with ourselves, you can't compare them. Abidal's case was a matter of life-and-death and Puyol's case ain't. Please don't put them side by side. I understand where you are heading to, yet you can't compare the gravity of Abby's injury to that of Puyol.
Critical question: do you think Monaco and France don't know what they are doing...or they don't have physiotherapists? Anyway, lets continue to wait on Puyol even as Pique continues to leak goals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (6235) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.