Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,226 members, 7,867,589 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4681053 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (6235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
All this debate about Puyol vs Abi. Cancer survivor vs crippled old warrior. undecided
Na FCB cause am cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
logica: Critical question: do you think Monaco and France don't know what they are doing...or they don't have physiotherapists? Anyway, lets continue to wait on Puyol even as Pique continues to leak goals.
Piqué is arguably the worst defender in the world. There is nothing anyone will say to convince me otherwise. I just wish he gets seriously injured or something. That guy is highly annoying. ..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2013
AjanleKoko: All this debate about Puyol vs Abi. Cancer survivor vs crippled old warrior. undecided
Na FCB cause am cheesy
Hahahahaha...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
dmcdad:
Piqué is arguably the worst defender in the world. There is nothing anyone will say to convince me otherwise. I just wish he gets seriously injured or something. That guy is highly annoying. ..
Lol. From best defender in 2009 to the worst in 2013. Piqué is useless without Puyol. He said so himself. So what happens when Puyol retires? By now he should've been able to lead the defense.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
logica: Lol. From best defender in 2009 to the worst in 2013. Piqué is useless without Puyol. He said so himself. So what happens when Puyol retires? By now he should've been able to lead the defense.
Instead of him to lead the defence, Mascherano is doing that. Watch our matches closely and notice how many dangerous balls Mascherano intercepts. You will never find Piqué in such position.

He is easily beaten with the slightest of pace, yet he overlaps. Dang! My grand-mother can play CB more than Piqué. Lol. He is that worst...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2013
u guys should stop criticizing this dude,for defense sake,he aint the only defender conceding goals,maybe it aint the defense,its just that the opposition attack is really good. he has tried for the club,he is giving his all,despite the fact that he is average,he still does his best...his pushing up the ball to the attackers is very gud....what else do u want from him? ...by the way who are we talking about here? .....damn it...who was i vouching for.....hope its Mr.waka waka.
(

anywas i still tink we nid a gud defender.....someone like............? ? ? ? ?....yea Dante is ok,den Neven Subotic of Dortmund....then Aurélien Chedjou of Lille,he is gud,strong and a master distributor,Chico from swansea,d guy is damn gud,he distributes,high %age tackle,nd he defends beta dan Pique,dere again is Matija Nastasić..bt Man city wnt sell i guess.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by flolancracker: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2013
^^^ you're right.

What time is tonight's match going down and will it be played at †he camp nou?

Long live FCB!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2013
flolancracker: ^^^ you're right.

What time is tonight's match going down and will it be played at †he camp nou?

Long live FCB!
8pm Nigerian time... It's at La Rosaleda... Malaga's home
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2013
Pique has been shiitt since last season, I keep telling mentioning it but it seemed like i was hating. He is done with!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by flolancracker: 11:23am On Aug 25, 2013
dmcdad:
8pm Nigerian time... It's at La Rosaleda... Malaga's home
thanks.

We beat them even with demichelis and isco in their squad. Hopefully, we'll walk over them now that they are weaker..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2013
flolancracker: thanks.

We beat them even with demichelis and isco in their squad. Hopefully, we'll walk over them now that they are weaker..
We are weaker? I think we are stronger...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:28am On Aug 25, 2013
eyoniggar: Pique has been shiitt since last season, I keep telling mentioning it but it seemed like i was hating. He is done with!!
You are right bruv... That guy is done.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
I cant get why you guys suggest that Pique is done. He is a quality CB; if you have played active football before, you will understand the assignage that comes with playing as a 5. In the role of CB, the No5 plays a little higher on the pitch than the no6. He is the one that marks the deep playing attacker, and is so open to being outwitted for pace and dribble because his approach is on the slow. Defensive flaws are easy to spot in his game, which does not reduce his defensive abilities. The no6 on fhe other hand plays a more reserved role and is the one we know to be the last man in defence. He is the finisher of all defensive works. His game is easier as he is afforded good time to read the game and correct the errors of his partner, if any. This is the reason someone like Puyol and Maacherano cannot make a decent defensive pairing or why Chygrinski never fitted into the Barca mode because he is natural no6 like Puyol. The case is similar to Pique and Batra's pairing towards the end of last season. Same case applies to why Yobo and Oboabona may never sync in the same team; both are no5.

Pique is good. Hes always been good and can only develop his game further. The people who voted him in the world xi at the last balon dor are more knowledgeable in the game than most of us on this forum.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mcleo007: I cant get why you guys suggest that Pique is done. He is a quality CB; if you have played active football before, you will understand the assignage that comes with playing as a 5. In the role of CB, the No5 plays a little higher on the pitch than the no6. He is the one that marks the deep playing attacker, and is so open to being outwitted for pace and dribble because his approach is on the slow. Defensive flaws are easy to spot in his game, which does not reduce his defensive abilities. The no6 on fhe other hand plays a more reserved role and is the one we know to be the last man in defence. He is the finisher of all defensive works. His game is easier as he is afforded good time to read the game and correct the errors of his partner, if any. This is the reason someone like Puyol and Maacherano cannot make a decent defensive pairing or why Chygrinski never fitted into the Barca mode because he is natural no6 like Puyol. The case is similar to Pique and Batra's pairing towards the end of last season. Same case applies to why Yobo and Oboabona may never sync in the same team; both are no5.

Pique is good. Hes always been good and can only develop his game further. The people who voted him in the world xi at the last balon dor are more knowledgeable in the game than most of us on this forum.
I seriously do not understand how pique could have gone so bad all so suddenly! I think guys are making a scape goat of him. In the second leg against bayern despite scoring an OG, he was our best player on the pitch, in one of the madrid games, ronaldo would have run us riot if not for gerald pique. These are just 2 of his latest outstanding performances. Every great defender has one last flaw in him except he is too cautious to go into the attacker. Pique aint that bad to me!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by flolancracker: 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
dmcdad:
We are weaker? I think we are stronger...
lol. No, I meant they(malaga).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by otokx(m): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
Game on, we are playing a bit somehow. Song in place of busquets with cesc playing messi role - doing a good job.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
Great game so far.

Alexis getting the better of his marker, doing the alternation with Adriano who's goal was a stunner.

Song has been barely passed the ball to. he has done little in offering support to the offensive play neither has he been a shield to his defenders. I hope he ups his game in the next half.

Pedro hs yet to get into the game. His first touch has been vrry poor. Iniesta and Xavi are excellent in midfield, so is Cesc.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
Good goal by Adriano.
We lead Malaga by a goal at half time

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eluquenson(m): 9:51pm On Aug 25, 2013
Congrats to Barca...a well deserved victory
Always Barca for Life. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
FACT- Barca's defence is shambolic!
Barca need two defenders with immediate alacrity!
Pique is the worst defender on planet earth!
Neymar is god!
Alexis and Valdes are improving!
Xavi is ageing!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
^^^^ I couldn't have said it better... Ride on.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mcleo007: I cant get why you guys suggest that Pique is done. He is a quality CB; if you have played active football before, you will understand the assignage that comes with playing as a 5. In the role of CB, the No5 plays a little higher on the pitch than the no6. He is the one that marks the deep playing attacker, and is so open to being outwitted for pace and dribble because his approach is on the slow. Defensive flaws are easy to spot in his game, which does not reduce his defensive abilities. The no6 on fhe other hand plays a more reserved role and is the one we know to be the last man in defence. He is the finisher of all defensive works. His game is easier as he is afforded good time to read the game and correct the errors of his partner, if any. This is the reason someone like Puyol and Maacherano cannot make a decent defensive pairing or why Chygrinski never fitted into the Barca mode because he is natural no6 like Puyol. The case is similar to Pique and Batra's pairing towards the end of last season. Same case applies to why Yobo and Oboabona may never sync in the same team; both are no5.

Pique's positional play is close to zero percent. His mind drifts and he loses bearing of where he is and of the opponents. That is his problem. The reason he pairs well with Puyol is simply because Puyol keeps snapping his fingers and shouting his name to keep him awake.

As opposed to Abidal's sense of positioning which is close to a hundred percent.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2013
logica: Pique's positional play is close to zero percent. His mind drifts and he loses bearing of where he is and of the opponents. That is his problem. The reason he pairs well with Puyol is simply because Puyol keeps snapping his fingers and shouting his name to keep him awake.

As opposed to Abidal's sense of positioning which is close to a hundred percent.
Exactly! Or is he the only one playing the role of the number 5 to be making too many blunders and be too vulnerable for almost anyone to beat?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 26, 2013
Enough bashing on Pique! Remember he's our most senior centre back. We should get used to having him around! If he is as bad as all of you want us to believe, what the hell is he still doing in the spanish national team?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
^^^^Because he plays in FCB. Fact! You wanna tell me Sergio B was a better player after last season to deserve playtime ahead of Javi Martinez? It was obvious Martinez was of better form, yet Sergio had the nod the whole time.. Let's face it, playing in FCB gives an edge sort of. You know that quite well so don't bring about such argument.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
Haba, wetin pique do una? Is it his fault that the management refuses to buy a new CB? Some players are known not to be stable but that does not mean he's suddenly bad. Those he's not as committed to his job as before but he's still useful to the squad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Johnpaul88: Enough bashing on Pique! Remember he's our most senior centre back. We should get used to having him around! If he is as bad as all of you want us to believe, what the hell is he still doing in the spanish national team?
I am bashing Pique because I want him to be better. I was his number one fan in his revelation season (2008/2009); not knowing that the hidden trick was Puyol. Even recently with Puyol, he had gotten a lot sloppy and nonchalant; and I believe he was one of the reasons Guardiola got frustrated with Barca and left (apparently he and The Board differed on how to handle some "problem" players).

By the way, did you notice Barca almost conceded a late goal against Malaga? How did that dude get a free header in the 6-yard box? Aha, I thought so.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
logica: I am bashing Pique because I want him to be better. I was his number one fan in his revelation season (2008/2009); not knowing that the hidden trick was Puyol. Even recently with Puyol, he had gotten a lot sloppy and nonchalant; and I believe he was one of the reasons Guardiola got frustrated with Barca and left (apparently he and The Board differed on how to handle some "problem" players).

By the way, did you notice Barca almost conceded a late goal against Malaga? How did that dude get a free header in the 6-yard box? Aha, I thought so.
I don't know why some peeps think one is just hating... If you do very well, I will laud it but if you don't, it's needed also to highlight it. As much as I always complain about Valdes due to his many mistakes, yet I won't fail to state that he was a saviour last night and he has been ok so far this season in my opinion.

I am a realist and that makes me face things the way they are and not due ti sentiments or hating. Let's always call a spade a spade.

Visca Barca
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
dmcdad:
I don't know why some peeps think one is just hating... If you do very well, I will laud it but if you don't, it's needed also to highlight it. As much as I always complain about Valdes due to his many mistakes, yet I won't fail to state that he was a saviour last night and he has been ok so far this season in my opinion.

I am a realist and that makes me face things the way they are and not due ti sentiments or hating. Let's always call a spade a spade.

Visca Barca
Problem is not that you call a spade, a spade. Of course it's easy to do that. Problem is that you call a spade, a hoe !
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2013

Rafa Marquez: “Sign a centre-back and stop improvising

Former FC Barcelona defender, Rafa Márquez, offered Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo an interview in which he had some interesting things to say about the club’s centre back issues. The 34-year-old is still playing for Club León in Mexico after a spell with the New York Red Bulls. The player was signed by Barça in 2003 and was a valuable asset to coach Frank Rijkaard in his defensive partnership with Carles Puyol. He left the club in 2010. Follow us after the break for a translation of the full interview.

MD: How are things going with your current team, León?

Marquez: Very good, we started very well in the championship, we’re 7th, we’re the best defense in the cup and hope to get to the finals.

Do you follow Barça news from Mexico?

Yes, I follow very closely what happens around Barça.

What do you think about Barcelona not signing a centre back despite all the problems they faced in the last two years?

I think they’ve been improvising for the position for a time now even though they lack a centre back. I think it’s necessary to be able to cover this position to stop improvising.

What are, in your opinion, the necessary characteristics that a defender needs to triumph at Barcelona?

The principal characteristics should be a good vision of the game, good going out with the ball, anticipation and most importantly defending well.

Out of all the mentioned candidates, who do you think is the best for Barcelona?

I think the two Brazilians, Thiago Silva and David Luiz, have the necessary characteristics to play at Barça.

Do you think Puyol, Piqué, Mascherano and young Bartra are sufficient for the whole season?

Not really. The absence of any one of these four for any reason would create a burden for the other three to face a season with so much competition and so many games.

Are there any lower-profile defenders that you’d recommend for Barça?

I think Hector Moreno would be a good addition to the team.

Why do you think Barça has suffered so much in defence lately?

I think they suffered a bit more because other teams study Barça very well and know about their weak points…these teams now know how to play against Barça and this makes them more vulnerable, especially in defence.

In the past seasons under Pep Guardiola, Barça defended set pieces through zonal marking. Now they turn to man to man marking. What do you think of this?

I think zonal marking is a very good strategy, even though it has its pros and also its cons. In this system you protect the dangerous zones but you leave out the dangerous scorers from the other team sometimes.

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/interviews/rafa-marquez-sign-a-centre-back-and-stop-improvising/#ixzz2d67eAMi5

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
Good interview by Maquez! But if Barca need advise, they know where to get it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
Johnpaul88: Good interview by Maquez! But if Barca need advise, they know where to get it.

From the feeling-fly-like-a-G6 fella, abi? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (6235) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.