Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4669823 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 12:21am On Nov 03, 2013
AjanleKoko: Messi is conspiring with Ronaldo angry

I saw them wink at each other at the Clasico, and whisper the following:

Ronaldo: 'My guy abeg, no go score for this match , remember as we talk am. I need this thing bad, we don know say una must win this game. But abeg no score, pass to Neymar or Alexis embarassed'

Messi: 'Guy, chillax. Na World Cup me dey tasi. I fit leave Pichichi for you, as nothing else dey for you grin. No worry, you know say you be my guy cheesy tongue'

AJ baba o, you took those bolded words out of my mouth...lol. I think Messi is taking things easy so as to remain fit for the world cup. He's won everything at club football level. If there's anything Messi needs now to become the greatest of all time, it's presumably the world cup. I'm sure he's settled for less goals and flamboyance this year to channel his fitness and energy towards the matches in Brazil. Do you remember 2006? We won the Champions League that year, and Ronaldinho was our talisman. However, he was exhausted at the end of the season and couldn't perform in the summer world cup that year, which held in Germany.

I don't think Messi cares about Ballon d'Or, Pichichi, etc, anymore. If Ronaldo likes, he can score 80 goals this year. Messi already holds the record with 91 goals a year. If Ronlado likes, let him win the Ballon d'Or, Messi already holds the record with four consecutive awards. Even if Ronaldo wins the CL, it would be his 2nd, whereas, Messi has won the CL thrice already. I'm sure people close to Messi, especially his father have told him to focus on the world cup instead.

On the other hand, I foresee Neymar doing better than Messi this year in Barca, but getting worn out when he gets to the world cup in his country as a result of exhaustion. Same with Ronaldo. I also foresee Messi coming alive, and setting Brazil ablaze next year with his GOAT winning performance. These are mere speculations though. I can't tell for sure if this will be the case. I'm not God, for only God knows all things in the past, present and future. So, don't crucify me if none of the things written happens in the end.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 03, 2013
^^^
Of course you are not God. No one expects what you said to be true.

Messi is still not 100% fit - he admitted that himself. World Cup is still very far away. If he's starting now to prepare for it by playing with little or no intensity, he'll arrive at the tournaments still unfit!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 8:55am On Nov 03, 2013
No oh. Messi is a winner, a fighter and a champion. He always wants to score and win, he's just not at a 100% yet, he admitted that himself. He won't because of a tournament that'll hold next year undermine his legacy as the greatest player. Even when injured, he always wants to play (remember Barca vs PSG)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:24am On Nov 03, 2013
i dont think there's anything wrong with messi. he is just being human. after 5 games in the season messi was at least 6 goals ahead of ronaldo. then the injuries started coming again and now he's 5 goals behind. it's normal for a player to go 4 or more games without scoring. it has happened to ronaldo. more significantly it has happened to pele, maradona, ronaldinho, raul, real ronaldo, etc etc. by january messi will reclaim his top scorer spot. i put my money on that. if that's so important to the world.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:12am On Nov 03, 2013
barack_o_handso: No oh. Messi is a winner, a fighter and a champion. He always wants to score and win, he's just not at a 100% yet, he admitted that himself. He won't because of a tournament that'll hold next year undermine his legacy as the greatest player. Even when injured, he always wants to play (remember Barca vs PSG)
Gbam! Even Barca vs Bilbao... He stated it himself that he is yet to be 100%, buh with more matches at his stride, he would get back to full fitness.

Even before he stated this himself, I already saw this in our last game. If you notice him very well in that match, you will notice he lacks the usual energy and sheer power that is peculiar to him. Albeit he appeared better and more fit against Celta, yet against Espanyol he proved beyond every shadow of doubt that he is yet to be 100%.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
when ronaldo failed to score in the first 4 or 5 games of the season, nobody talked about it and nobody gave a damn about it, but for messi, the whole world is talking. that's genius if you ask me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
You guys should stop bothering Yourselves about Messi na......na wa o! Una just de fall my hands with constant repetition of the Obvious....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
ddippset: when ronaldo failed to score in the first 4 or 5 games of the season, nobody talked about it and nobody gave a damn about it, but for messi, the whole world is talking. that's genius if you ask me.

I think Ronaldo scored in his third match, but that's besides the point. Ronaldo is the best after Messi, so for the overall best it's double standard, that's why the media is making a mountain out of it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
philfearon: You guys should stop bothering Yourselves about Messi na......na wa o! Una just de fall my hands with constant repetition of the Obvious....

No mind us jare. Na Messi cause am, he don make those him goals oversweet us
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
why are you all so bothered about RONALDO's scoring?

and later they will form as if he is inconsequencial.

PDP-people deceiving people
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 04, 2013
^^^
Why would anyone be bothered? Penaldo has always been scoring goals & yet it makes little or no difference.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:54am On Nov 04, 2013
Lol, Barca cules, una too much. I throway salaute to allyall. Got really cracked up.

When r we playing athletico in the league? We really need to thrash um and stamp our authority on the league table. Those roaches be chashing our tail like a fly stuck to baby's sheet diaper. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
eyoniggar: Lol, Barca cules, una too much. I throway salaute to allyall. Got really cracked up.

When r we playing athletico in the league? We really need to thrash um and stamp our authority on the league table. Those roaches be chashing our tail like a fly stuck to baby's sheet diaper. cheesy
Hahahahahahaha
We play Atletico in their home on match day 19, that is the last day of the first round. We also host them in the last day of the campaign in Nou Camp. I hope we would have won the league title by then. I don't want any heart attack
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
Johnpaul88: Hahahahahahaha
We play Atletico in their home on match day 19, that is the last day of the first round. We also host them in the last day of the campaign in Nou Camp. I hope we would have won the league title by then. I don't want any heart attack
That's precisely on the 12th of January after our first match of the year against Elche on the 5th...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
dmcdad:
That's precisely on the 12th of January after our first match of the year against Elche on the 5th...
I would have prefered we play them earlier before then. They have potential to soil a party!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
Johnpaul88: I would have prefered we play them earlier before then. They have potential to soil a party!

Believe me I hope they'll have dropped more points and be like 7points behind us before our first meeting cos truth be told they're good, better than last season even after losing their best player.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Johnpaul88: I would have prefered we play them earlier before then. They have potential to soil a party!

Believe me I hope they'll have dropped more points and be like 7points behind us before our first meeting cos truth be told they're good, better than last season even after losing their best player. One thing I still love them for though is the fact that they made Real madrid go trophyless last season tongue

Believe me I hope they'll have dropped more points and be like 7points behind us before our first meeting cos truth be told they're good, better than last season even after losing their best player. One thing I still love them for though is the fact that they made Real madrid go trophyless last season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Believe me I hope they'll have dropped more points and be like 7points behind us before our first meeting cos truth be told they're good, better than last season even after losing their best player. One thing I still love them for though is the fact that they made Real madrid go trophyless last season tongue

Believe me I hope they'll have dropped more points and be like 7points behind us before our first meeting cos truth be told they're good, better than last season even after losing their best player. One thing I still love them for though is the fact that they made Real madrid go trophyless last season
They are good.... Infact, so far, Costa has proven more deadly than Falcao of last season and the season before that... I could even remember when Falcao had a goal drought last season, that was when Costa started carrying the team at his back till the end of the season alongside Falcao. Now he is more deadly than Falcao ever was last season... They play as a team and that helps them a lot...

I am sure we can have a victory at the Calderon, albeit I know it won't be a cake-work.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
^^^^ R u guys talking about athleti?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
eyoniggar: ^^^^ R u guys talking about athleti?
You asked for Atletico Madrid and there you have it. What now with Athletic Bilbao (Athleti)?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
lol, sorry Johnny, I was gonna be sure, besides I didnt scroll up to verify. My brothers, Fret not, thats when you'll see athleti conceding the highest number of goals this season. wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
If Barca eventually get to sign a striker like Lewandowski in January to complement our attack, the formation should go thus, especially in big matches:
Valdes
Alves- Pique- Mascherano- Alba/Adriano
Busquets- Xavi/Iniesta

Messi

Alexis- Lewandowski- Neymar jr

Messi should be able to play the playmaking role like he does in the albiceleste national team behind Higuian/Aguero.

Since Xavi isn't getting any younger and becoming prone to sluggishness, he should be able to assist Busquets in the double pivot role. Iniesta may even start in a case where fluidity is needed in the final third.
This formation would make Messi less susceptible to the overcrowding he always undergoes in the final third against ultra-defensive sides like Chelsea. He would be able to release quick passes to Neymar jr and Lewandowski on the break to wreck havoc, since Barca is evolving from the traditional tiki-taka to a more direct and counter attacking approach under Tata.

AJ, JP, DMC, Dippset, Phil, Logica, Mcle007 etc what do you guys think about this formation?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
sapien: If Barca eventually get to sign a striker like Lewandowski in January to complement our attack, the formation should go thus, especially in big matches:
Valdes
Busquets- Xavi/Iniesta

Messi

Messi should be able to play the playmaking role like he does in the albiceleste national team behind Higuian/Aguero.

Since Xavi isn't getting any younger and becoming prone to sluggishness, he should be able to assist Busquets in the double pivot role. Iniesta may even start in a case where fluidity is needed in the final third.
This formation would make Messi less susceptible to the overcrowding he always undergoes in the final third against ultra-defensive sides like Chelsea. He would be able to release quick passes to Neymar jr and Lewandowski on the break to wreck havoc, since Barca is evolving from the traditional tiki-taka to a more direct and counter attacking approach under Tata.

AJ, JP, DMC, Dippset, Phil, Logica, Mcle007 etc what do you guys think about this formation?
yeah..right! like we are gooin to get Lewandowsk
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
I think your line up is very good. But do we really need to drop our traditional 4-3-3 ? It makes us unique and different from every other team. I still like Messi to be our focal point in our attack and our midfielders like Cesc & Iniesta to still be important but Lewandoski 's introduction will not guarrantee all this. He's an exceptional player and not one for the bench. His coming to the team will disrupt alot of players and create a different atmosphere. Players like Messi, Cesc & Iniesta will become unsettled because they'll start playing where they are not most comfortable and will be competing for one space behind the striker. But players like Neymar, Alexis, Pedro will benefit alot from the change. I don't really know but a player who is willing to play second fiddle to Messi will be fine by me. Player like Cardozo of Benfica would be just fine. Lewandoski may be too big for what Barca actually need.
I may be wrong but this is how i see it
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 11:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
sapien: If Barca eventually get to sign a striker like Lewandowski in January to complement our attack, the formation should go thus, especially in big matches:
Valdes
Busquets- Xavi/Iniesta

Messi

yap..
I have been following Martino's comments,and he is alwaz sayin about a recognised central forward....Just like in the Rijkaard era,we had Larson{an impact central forward 4 option B},Martino want to bring in a Central forward to act same...I dont knw whether the Player will be in the Caliber of Lewy,but the player is one who will be willing to be in the bench most of the time...
Martino's plan is to diversify Barca...His first diversification plan is working,but just like the game against Espanyol showed us,Neymar is not actually Barca's plan B,but he is just part of it....
Martino is trying to create a situation like the Henry Eto Messi,with Xavi and Iniesta behind them...But this time around,due to Messi's ability to open up defences,Martino want to create 3front forward{a recognised striker among them},With Messi exploring the Central position role,which will give him more space just like u pointed out.....Martino is doing a Argentina a favor With Messi this year...Thats the real plan.....Until after the World cup,Messi will continue to be explored........my thoughts though.....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:03am On Nov 05, 2013
philfearon:
yap..
I have been following Martino's comments,and he is alwaz sayin about a recognised central forward....Just like in the Rijkaard era,we had Larson{an impact central forward 4 option B},Martino want to bring in a Central forward to act same...I dont knw whether the Player will be in the Caliber of Lewy,but the player is one who will be willing to be in the bench most of the time...
Martino's plan is to diversify Barca...His first diversification plan is working,but just like the game against Espanyol showed us,Neymar is not actually Barca's plan B,but he is just part of it....
Martino is trying to create a situation like the Henry Eto Messi,with Xavi and Iniesta behind them...But this time around,due to Messi's ability to open up defences,Martino want to create 3front forward{a recognised striker among them},With Messi exploring the Central position role,which will give him more space just like u pointed out.....Martino is doing a Argentina a favor With Messi this year...Thats the real plan.....Until after the World cup,Messi will continue to be explored........my thoughts though.....
The plan is dependent upon whom the club finally gets. If the club gets a less productive striker like Cardozo or the old Klose, then we can make use of him as a plan b. Yet, if the club ends up buying someone like Lewy, then it automatically becomes a plan a and not b reasonably because Lewy cannot be benched just like that. He is too good for that.

The plan is; he will play the striker role and Messi will be drifted to the right, or in some cases behind the said striker as SS. That's just the plan.

Buh, I will like the plan b alternative should a game call for it, Messi can be drifted to the right or played behind a focal point forward. An out-an-out striker. Buh then, would like Messi to maintain the false 9 role in regular matches for varieties.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:03am On Nov 05, 2013
Has anybody else noticed that since Pique started winning headers from set-plays, Barca has not conceded from any set-plays for a while? Just an observation. wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 2:03am On Nov 05, 2013
Valdes
Busquets- Xavi/Iniesta

Messi

Errrmmmm, Lewa is a great player. Young and technical but i don't see how he will get a go within this Barca mould. The team is balanced already! In my opinion, he is not needed in the team for so many reasons. Just so many! One of such reasons, just as someone noted earlier is that, his introduction would unsettle the team. Adding to that, he appears to me an Ibra kind of player, the traditional No. 9 of which the last we witnessed was E'too of the pre-Pep era, whereby the CF is made the recipient of the final ball. From Pep till now, the team's play has been to de-emphasize the attack while building from the back to stage up a rhythmic patch, that which is the fullness of the tiki-taka. We all know how terrific the tiki-taka has been nurtured to be.

Now, I agree to what most observers here have noted about Tata trying to tweak the system to make us less predictive and triumphant in the big games, but i don't see Lewa capable of doing the rescue. If we are to go by this common judgement then, what suits us would a 'Larson' kind of player- an experienced CF who would be comfortable contributing from the bench. Players like Trezeguet (dude is still banging in the goals in Argentina), Klose and even Cardozo will do just fine. Neymar was the missing piece last season(the presence of a rising star to awaken the sleeping dudes,and get them up their slumber- Alexis, Cesx). With him, the team has a new but familiar pattern of play(positional switch of roles while staying faithful to possession football adding up to swift counter-attack). As such, over reliance on Messi is gradually becoming a thing of the past, as other players have greased their boot to take up scoring and producing match winning performances like its a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:46am On Nov 05, 2013
Mcleo007:

Errrmmmm, Lewa is a great player. Young and technical but i don't see how he will get a go within this Barca mould. The team is balanced already! In my opinion, he is not needed in the team for so many reasons. Just so many! One of such reasons, just as someone noted earlier is that, his introduction would unsettle the team. Adding to that, he appears to me an Ibra kind of player, the traditional No. 9 of which the last we witnessed was E'too of the pre-Pep era, whereby the CF is made the recipient of the final ball. From Pep till now, the team's play has been to de-emphasize the attack while building from the back to stage up a rhythmic patch, that which is the fullness of the tiki-taka. We all know how terrific the tiki-taka has been nurtured to be.

Now, I agree to what most observers here have noted about Tata trying to tweak the system to make us less predictive and triumphant in the big games, but i don't see Lewa capable of doing the rescue. If we are to go by this common judgement then, what suits us would a 'Larson' kind of player- an experienced CF who would be comfortable contributing from the bench. Players like Trezeguet (dude is still banging in the goals in Argentina), Klose and even Cardozo will do just fine. Neymar was the missing piece last season(the presence of a rising star to awaken the sleeping dudes,and get them up their slumber- Alexis, Cesx). With him, the team has a new but familiar pattern of play(positional switch of roles while staying faithful to possession football adding up to swift counter-attack). As such, over reliance on Messi is gradually becoming a thing of the past, as other players have greased their boot to take up scoring and producing match winning performances like its a big deal.
Exactly my point.............kudos! U said it beta
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2013
Lewandowski can't play in the Barca system. He's one of those players that need space.

Barca play short passes, and advance in a diamond formation. You hardly see Barca converting chances off a cross into the box from the far right or left. What you see is the wingers or wing-backs doing a one-two to get sight of goal (Alba/Adriano - Iniesta - Neymar, or Alves-Alexis-Messi).

To accomodate a Lewandowski, I would drop Xavi and Iniesta, play Pedro on the right, and Neymar on the left. I'd play Messi as a 10, with Fabregas and Busquets.

Another way (maybe a better one) is to drop Pedro and play a double pivot of Mascherano and Busquets in the middle. Alves will overlap, and Mascherano will cover the right side from midfield. More than enough space for Messi and Lewandowski.

But Lewa is a great finisher wink He'd actually complement Madrid a lot better than Barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 9:08am On Nov 05, 2013
I don't think Barca needs an out-and-out striker. What we mostly need is Xavi and Iniesta to make through passes faster; which they have started doing lately (even if Iniesta's passing has gotten a bit off lately). They used to be one of the most accurate passers in the team, but somehow they lost that. Oh yeah, preparing replacements for them won't hurt.

Oh, and speaking of through passes, the ultimate "extreme" through pass made by Neymar to Alexis for Barca's lone goal against Espanyol is what I am talking about. We have been missing somebody willing to make through passes even through a forest of defenders. Xavi had become too comfortable with holding possession rather than risk making such a "risky" pass that may lose possession. But I have noticed he has started trying to make more through passes (though sometimes he still hesitates a bit too much allowing the receiver stray into an offside position).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nice analysis, guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.