Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,022 members, 7,849,112 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:47 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4650599 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (6223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:29am On Nov 06, 2013
How come all the fringe players end up with knee injuries?

Afellay, Muniesa, Cuenca, and now Dos Santos.

Weird undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:35am On Nov 06, 2013
sapien: If Barca eventually get to sign a striker like Lewandowski in January to complement our attack, the formation should go thus, especially in big matches:
Valdes
Alves- Pique- Mascherano- Alba/Adriano
Busquets- Xavi/Iniesta

Messi

Alexis- Lewandowski- Neymar jr

Messi should be able to play the playmaking role like he does in the albiceleste national team behind Higuian/Aguero.

Since Xavi isn't getting any younger and becoming prone to sluggishness, he should be able to assist Busquets in the double pivot role. Iniesta may even start in a case where fluidity is needed in the final third.
This formation would make Messi less susceptible to the overcrowding he always undergoes in the final third against ultra-defensive sides like Chelsea. He would be able to release quick passes to Neymar jr and Lewandowski on the break to wreck havoc, since Barca is evolving from the traditional tiki-taka to a more direct and counter attacking approach under Tata.

AJ, JP, DMC, Dippset, Phil, Logica, Mcle007 etc what do you guys think about this formation?
bro i think you raised good points. though i still think we should buy a natural CB in january pair with pique. masch is trying but that still isnt his position and it shows sometimes. also i dont quite agree with changing the position of a player who gives us at least 40 goals in la liga and at least 55 goals in all competitions. that would be criminal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:39am On Nov 06, 2013
grin cheesy The fringe players.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:42am On Nov 06, 2013
Mcleo007: grin cheesy The fringe players.

Seriously.
They all keep ending up with serious knee injuries. Kind of worrying, especially as they're not even playing that much. All the injuries seem to occur in training embarassed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 11:47am On Nov 06, 2013
ddippset: bro i think you raised good points. though i still think we should buy a natural CB in january pair with pique. masch is trying but that still isnt his position and it shows sometimes. also i dont quite agree with changing the position of a player who gives us at least 40 goals in la liga and at least 55 goals in all competitions. that would be criminal.

I agree with you on the CB purchase but not on the position change for Messi. Teams are finding more and more ways to mark and thereby making him injury prone, it showed in the second half of last season. I believe his goals would start pouring in soon, he just needs to score one to break the jinx, and if Tata Martino wants to change his position, I think it's good as he'll be able to switch when he's been overcrowded as he regularly is, even freeing more space for Neymar, Pedro and Alexis.

NB: His performance against Real Madrid was below par but i'll take the 3points over and over again, unlike last season when he scored and we still lost.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
barack_o_handso:

I agree with you on the CB purchase but not on the position change for Messi. Teams are finding more and more ways to mark and thereby making him injury prone, it showed in the second half of last season. I believe his goals would start pouring in soon, he just needs to score one to break the jinx, and if Tata Martino wants to change his position, I think it's good as he'll be able to switch when he's been overcrowded as he regularly is, even freeing more space for Neymar, Pedro and Alexis.

NB: His performance against Real Madrid was below par but i'll take the 3points over and over again, unlike last season when he scored and we still lost.
Gbam!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Seriously.
They all keep ending up with serious knee injuries. Kind of worrying, especially as they're not even playing that much. All the injuries seem to occur in training embarassed

Yeah Bro, it's pathetic. And considering that they have little chances of first team action, and they just have to impress whenever given the light just seem to complicate things the more. I feel for them though, especially the duo of Affelay and I. Cuenca who were already billed for loan moves, with the latter having not really impressed ever since switching from The Eredevisie. I wish therm speedy recoveries as they'll be needed for the Copa games and when the star players need to be rested.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
That's what I'm talking about; when the through pass chance presents itself, take it quickly and make it count.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
...and Pique remains the weakest link. He has probably scored more own goals in 2 years than Puyol has scored in his entire career.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
logica: ...and Pique remains the weakest link. He has probably scored more own goals in 2 years than Puyol has scored in his entire career.

No oh.
Actually Mascherano has scored more; four till date wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
logica: ...and Pique remains the weakest link. He has probably scored more own goals in 2 years than Puyol has scored in his entire career.

Don't mind that long thing. Ever since he hooked up with shakira, he's been mostly calamity bound.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
Interesting that FC Barcelona haven't qualified before Match Day 5, in 5 years, and they always win their group. undecided

But congrats, good win. Game well-controlled. We have to take our chances, we really do angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
Very good one from the boiz... Not happy with Neymar for losing that glorious chance. That goal should have been arguably the best goal of the tournament.

Anywayz, that was a cheap ball we conceded. Alves runs like a chicken now. I couldn't comprehend why he couldn't chase Kaka.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
dmcdad: Very good one from the boiz... Not happy with Neymar for losing that glorious chance. That goal should have been arguably the best goal of the tournament.

Anywayz, that was a cheap ball we conceded. Alves runs like a chicken now. I couldn't comprehend why he couldn't chase Kaka.

Haba bros.
Apart from that own goal (purely accidental in my view) he didn't do badly at all. wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
Good game. Great win. Good night! smiley
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 11:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
Good game and good performance from the boyz. I'm happy Messi scored. I wouldnt blame Pique for the goal twas pure accidental. Neymar broke my heart for not scoring what would have been a trademark and Tv goal from such a great run!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 11:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
I didnt get to finish the Match though...But we really tried though.....Adriano and Alves were our links in that Match though,especially,with the Intro of Balo!
Well,apart from that accidental own goal,Pique tried though,and Masch too...But my only Problem with Barca in this match is that at some Point,we allowed them too Much space.....But this has got me thinking;
against Madrid,Barca allowed them the ball,the same period of time{immediately after the Break},and same With Espanyol...This has got me laughing and Thinking though...
I believe our Coach is tricky,he will be of the Opinion that: "okay,this guys luv to park the bus against us everytime,give them the ball and park ur own bus too,Let them see how hard it is to break down a parked bus..." And thats when confusion sets in for the opposition..The reason is,they alwaz luv to counter against Barca,and since Barca has decided not to possess the ball,they can't cool the ball down and play,and they will start making mistakes cuz u can't counter-attack a team sitting tight in wait;you have to play ur way in....And they can't do that!.......And then,Pooom! Barca bounces..................the result is alwaz a goal!!
Thats my theory though lol!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Haba bros.
Apart from that own goal (purely accidental in my view) he didn't do badly at all. wink
I only complained about his run and not for the goal... It was definitely not his fault. I don't blame Piqué either...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
^^^^
^^^^^ Your analysis ain't bad @Philfearon

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
I was so impressed with today's game!! Our defenders were superb!! I was actually blushing while watching the game grin Masherano did a very clean job today!! Balotelli would not forget him in a hurry grin
Neymar tried, but i'll not forget that memorable chance he missed!! cry cry
Messi 2nd goal was too sweet kiss kiss kiss
Today's game was just good!! 9/10

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

No oh.
Actually Mascherano has scored more; four till date wink
Are you trying to get me more worried considering those are our 2 center backs?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
philfearon: I didnt get to finish the Match though...But we really tried though.....Adriano and Alves were our links in that Match though,especially,with the Intro of Balo!
Well,apart from that accidental own goal,Pique tried though,and Masch too...But my only Problem with Barca in this match is that at some Point,we allowed them too Much space.....But this has got me thinking;
against Madrid,Barca allowed them the ball,the same period of time{immediately after the Break},and same With Espanyol...This has got me laughing and Thinking though...
I believe our Coach is tricky,he will be of the Opinion that: "okay,this guys luv to park the bus against us everytime,give them the ball and park ur own bus too,Let them see how hard it is to break down a parked bus..." And thats when confusion sets in for the opposition..The reason is,they alwaz luv to counter against Barca,and since Barca has decided not to possess the ball,they can't cool the ball down and play,and they will start making mistakes cuz u can't counter-attack a team sitting tight in wait;you have to play ur way in....And they can't do that!.......And then,Pooom! Barca bounces..................the result is alwaz a goal!!
Thats my theory though lol!

Honestly bro, your theory is very right. After the game against Madrid, Alves mentioned that they (Barca) noticed that Madrid were very dangerous when counter-attacking, but were unable 'to play' whenever they had possession of the ball. So, Barca decided to allow them more of the ball in the second half to get them more confused (paraphrased). They did the same against Milan tonight smiley smiley

Pique has really been impressive in the past couple of games (starting from the Classico). His own goal of today was completely accidental (I no mean accidental discharge o cheesy)!

Messi has scored 6 goals in 3 CL games, averaging 2 goals per game. Yet, people are saying 'Messi is in crisis'. It goes to show that Messi's extraterrestrial. Now, we are in the round of 16. Congrats to all Cules!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 07, 2013
Milan's father scores for Milan!

Messi 's back, if he ever left that is!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:11am On Nov 07, 2013
yourangel:
His own goal of today was completely accidental
Why are you guys stating the obvious. Of course all own goals are accidental (except of course if madness suddenly takes over). But there are 2 basic factors behind an own goal: positional awareness and reflex. These are the factors that will make a Pique more likely to score an own goal than a Puyol.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 12:27am On Nov 07, 2013
logica: Why are you guys stating the obvious. Of course all own goals are accidental (except of course if madness suddenly takes over). But there are 2 basic factors behind an own goal: positional awareness and reflex. These are the factors that will make a Pique more likely to score an own goal than a Puyol.

Bros, it's not all own goals that are accidental o. Did you see the first goal Samuel Eto'o scored (for Chelsea) against Schalke 04 tonight?

It's so funny! If Valdes does that, Cules would call for his head.....lol

See the youtube video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MOyn3pNrno
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:29am On Nov 07, 2013
yourangel:

Bros, it's not all own goals that are accidental o. Did you see the first goal Samuel Eto'o scored (for Chelsea) against Schalke 04 tonight?
How can you call a goalie error an own goal? And that goal was scored by Eto'o; not an own goal at all. AND even if it was an own goal, it would STILL be accidental as no goalie would intentionally kick the ball in his own net (except he's psycho).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 1:05am On Nov 07, 2013
logica: How can you call a goalie error an own goal? And that goal was scored by Eto'o; not an own goal at all. AND even if it was an own goal, it would STILL be accidental as no goalie would intentionally kick the ball in his own net (except he's psycho).

Did you read through my post? I'm not sure you did! You were too quick to be critical, that you didn't notice the humour in the post. Did I mention that the goal was an own goal? No. I rightly stated that it was the first goal scored by Eto'o. I was merely using sarcasm to express humour, but you didn't see it that way, because a man that has hammer as his only working tool would always see every problem as a nail. Just hit am for head, gbummm! No be so bro. Always have an open mind towards things or situations. One love kiss kiss kiss
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 1:16am On Nov 07, 2013
'Tello is better than Cristiano Ronaldo'
- Zubizarreta

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4389258

grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 1:20am On Nov 07, 2013
My Analysis:

Just one figure (apart from the scoreline told the story) - Barca was caught offside 6 times. That was good! Xavi and Iniesta had gotten so relaxed in their roles that they forgot we needed to score goals to win games; and would rather make sideways passes just to keep the ball rather than a through pass that could result in an offside call. Then, Barca would have 80% ball possession and lose by a lone goal (and of course zero offside). But now they get it; just make the pass anyway! And make it quick. That's what made the difference; along with the clever and skillful play to unlock tight defenses performed by Neymar. So all those bus-parkers should know they are no longer safe. Barca no longer plays to keep the ball alone; but to score!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 1:22am On Nov 07, 2013
barack_o_handso: 'Tello is better than Cristiano Ronaldo'
- Zubizarreta

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4389258

grin grin
After his side qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League at Camp Nou
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 1:35am On Nov 07, 2013
sebod: I wouldnt blame Pique for the goal twas pure accidental.
Let me break it down to you; football at this level has a science. This is not secondary school stuff.

I will use Puyol as an example (or even Abidal). I have studied the movement of these 2 guys especially around the box. Their techniques are flawless, and that is why it would be hard for you to see Puyi or Abi conceded own goals. They could deflect a shot in the net, but not reflexively stick out a foot or leg to push the ball in their own net. When I speak of positional play, it's like this: Before Puyi proceeds to go towards an opponent to tackle or make a challenge, he swivels his head around with his locks flying in the hair then he goes. In that split second, he has a picture of his position and others relative to him (both his teammates and opponents) and can project a good guess where they will all be by the time he makes the challenge. In short, Puyi would not have stuck out his foot like Pique did; and he would not have been positioned the same way or in the same location Pique was. And if he was exactly in Pique's position, he would have used his superior positional judgement to figure that he had 3 of his teammates behind him, as well as the goalkeeper to pick up the cross. No rash movements when you are that close to the goal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 1:39am On Nov 07, 2013
logica:
After his side qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League at Camp Nou

His point was; Stop asking me who's better between Messi and Ronaldo, or are you ignorant of facts? Infact Tello sef is better than Ronaldo. Mtchew

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (6223) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.