Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,046 members, 7,849,226 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:44 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4650737 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (6223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2011
Mourinho emerged to address the press. Asked about Marcelo’s foul and Pepe’s criminal challenge on Messi, Mourinho preferred to praise the duo on their performances. Marcelo’s foul had been exaggerated, he claimed, while adding that Pepe had been booked for ‘nothing in particular’. Messi, no doubt, would disagree with that assessment.

Questioned on the incident with Vilanova, the Madrid coach said he did not know who ‘Pito’ – which means penis and was a deliberate mispronunciation of Tito – was, and claimed he had been unaware his 'victim' had been Barca’s assistant coach. For a man motivated to the extreme by his attention to detail, however, such a story is impossible to believe. It is also a stunt he has pulled before. During his time at Inter, Mourinho became locked in an explosive war of words with Catania director Pietro Lo Monaco. 'The Special One' infamously sniped: "I do not know who he is. With the name Monaco I have heard of Bayern Monaco (Munich) and the Monaco GP, the Tibetan Monaco (Monk), and the Principality of Monaco."

Somebody needs to advise Mourinho that his actions have gone far beyond the usual mind games and spicing up of football fixtures. The Portuguese is inciting violence on and off the pitch with his words and his gestures. And it is only likely to get worse. So before somebody gets hurt, perhaps even fatally, Mourinho needs to look at himself and his actions, and ask: “Has it not gone far enough?”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/08/18/2625427/starting-a-riot-but-real-madrids-jose-mourinho-must-stop

"Someone has to take action here - Mourinho is destroying Spanish football.

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola was also left frustrated by Mourinho's antics, and Pique believes the Portuguese has gone too far.

"I think he is crossing the line and the limit, and he needs to be stopped," he said. "We can't end up like this every time. If we do, things will get worse."

The way things are going if not checked this might end up in violence between the fans inside and outside the stadium and I wonder who would benefit from that.

Jose already has a record with Anders Frisk who had to quit after receiving death threats

At this point I dont think it would be advisable to allow kids watch EL Classicos as it usually ends in violence and bad blood
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Well said.
There was an incident even, where Messi had to take a throw, and Mou made a funy face like Messi was smelling. How classless is that? And some peeps are even defending the fella.
my dislike for the man is affecting my spirituality.
The bile he induces within me is unbelievable.
From my elementary Psychology, i think the man is a destructive narcissist with a case of minor mental imbalance.
He just seeks a way to be the centre of attraction.Whether it is for evil is not the case,as long as he is in the centre.
A man that makes Aresene look like an angel in my books.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mukina2: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2011
what exactly has Wenger done?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2011
mukina2:

what exactly has Wenger done?
apart from being a pedo, whinning all the time and never seeing any evil,nothing much.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2011
coogar:

natural winners are bad losers.

what's the relationship between fergie and wenger?
fergie and benitez? fergie and keegan?

That argument is half truth.
winning and being classless are not synonymous.
Mourinho might be a winner but there is so much more to life than winning trophies.
He is a poor specimen of manhood.
He manages to make winning look ungodly.

you named three managers who have a problem with Fegie after spending over two decades at United.
name one top manager who is on very good terms with Mourinho after 6 years or so at the top.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mukina2: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2011
mbulela:

apart from being a pedo, whinning all the time and never seeing any evil,nothing much.
how is he a pedo?
whine about what?
yeah right, undecided show me the manager that  points out  when their players are wrong .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by montelik(m): 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2011
mbulela:

you named three managers who have a problem with Fegie after spending over two decades at United.
name one top manager who is on very good terms with Mourinho after 6 years or so at the top.

Actually SAF gets along with Jose just fine. Even though they had a slight issue when they first met in d UCL.

But seriously we all know Jose is probably d worst winner and loser in management. But I am slightly with coogar on this one. Jose didn't make Marcelo try to cut Fabregas in half, he didn't ask Barca to send d ball boys on vacation when they were leading, he didn't ask certain Barca players to do their usual gamesmanship, he certainly didn't ask Villa to slap Ozil, or for d Barca bench to surround Marcelo in a lynching type way. Before we assign all d blame to him, lets also remember there were plenty of pple who instigated d conditions leading to brawl at d end of d game.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2011
montelik:

Actually SAF gets along with Jose just fine. Even though they had a slight issue when they first met in d UCL.

But seriously we all know Jose is probably d worst winner and loser in management. But I am slightly with coogar on this one. Jose didn't make Marcelo try to cut Fabregas in half, he didn't ask Barca to send d ball boys on vacation when they were leading, he didn't ask certain Barca players to do their usual gamesmanship, he certainly didn't ask Villa to slap Ozil, or for d Barca bench to surround Marcelo in a lynching type way. Before we assign all d blame to him, lets also remember there were plenty of pple who instigated d conditions leading to brawl at d end of d game.

You are missing the point.As much as a winner he might be,he has no class whatsoever.Plai nand simple.Everywhere he goes,he pollutes the soccer atmosphere with his vitriolic approach to mind-games.
How many managers poke people in the eye when a brawl breaks out?
You bring up issues about who started what.I can stand and declare that physicality is the weapon Jose uses to try to neutralize Barca's dominance.If so,why didn't Jose say anything was wrong with Marcelo's tackle?It implies therefore that he (Jose) supported it and thus encourages thuggish behaviour exhibited by Real players.
Therefore if Marcelo tries to saw Fabregas in two,and a melee breaks out,hold Jose responsible.Afterall,he selects the players,so that excuse about Jose not telling Marcello not to hack Fabregas to death doesn't hold water.If he's trully not in support,he would sanction that crude tackle. by either banning or fining the Marcelo.
You simply don't have a case for thuggerish behaviour.Please stop defending the indefensible.Mourinho has taken the game to to swine for far too long and wants to leave it in the gutter.But folks who christen him the "Special One" still love the taste of his man-juice on their lips.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2011
montelik:

But I am slightly with coogar on this one. Jose didn't make Marcelo try to cut Fabregas in half, he didn't ask Barca to send d ball boys on vacation when they were leading, he didn't ask certain Barca players to do their usual gamesmanship, he certainly didn't ask Villa to slap Ozil, or for d Barca bench to surround Marcelo in a lynching type way. Before we assign all d blame to him, lets also remember there were plenty of pple who instigated d conditions leading to brawl at d end of d game.

Well, Schuster and Pellegrini played clasicos with Pep - and lost all their fixtures.
However, there was a marked difference. Nobody was kicking, nobody was diving, nobody was delivering scissors kicks', and nobody was lynching anybody.

Even the game of yesterday went okay, until somebody decided to try and cut somebody in half. Even Chelsea in 2009, that had a lot more to complain about than Madrid did not go on a rampage kicking everything in sight when the game wasn't going their way, and neither did their coach embark on any senseless rant, make funny faces at an opposing player, or try to gouge the eyes of an opposing official. undecided

What about Marcelo's Jackie Chan stunt on Messi? Pepe and Marcelo were at Madrid before Mou showed up. I don't recall them trying to murder any Barca player before 2010/11. How come all of a sudden they want blood?

Me thinks somehow you and coogar just like Mou, and cannot bring yourself to see anything wrong in anything he does. Or maybe it's just the excitement that he whips up that has you both giddy. Compared to him, every other coach is boring grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2011
mbulela:

That argument is half truth.
winning and being classless are not synonymous.
Mourinho might be a winner but there is so much more to life than winning trophies.

stop talking like a child. . . . .mourinho is not classless.
he appears classless to you because you have a preconceived feeling he is classless. the fans of real madrid, inter milan and chelsea will never say jose is classless. he knows only one way to win and he's stuck to his winning blueprint, deal with it.

He is a poor specimen of manhood.
He manages to make winning look ungodly.

yes, say that to massimo moratti and abramovic
they will give you an award for identifying jose's psychological problems.

fergie and jose are bosom friends.
chris coleman(ex fulham manager) and jose mourinho are close buddies.
jose is a winner.

AjanleKoko:

Well, Schuster and Pellegrini played clasicos with Pep - and lost all their fixtures.
However, there was a marked difference. Nobody was kicking, nobody was diving, nobody was delivering scissors kicks', and nobody was lynching anybody.

the only difference is busquets, alves and pedro.
since barcelona signed these actors, the quality of drama has heightened and this has nothing to do with el classico.
who resorted to gamesmanship when jose's inter came to camp nou? diving around like starfish - covering his face and looking through his fingers.

Even the game of yesterday went okay, until somebody decided to try and cut somebody in half. Even Chelsea in 2009, that had a lot more to complain about than Madrid did not go on a rampage kicking everything in sight when the game wasn't going their way, and neither did their coach embark on any senseless rant, make funny faces at an opposing player, or try to gouge the eyes of an opposing official. undecided

game of yesterday went okay. marcelo chopped fabregas. it was an obvious foul. the referee saw it, he was always going to give marcelo a red card so why did barcelona's whole technical crew and players ganged up on marcelo including angel guardiola who was hyper-hysterical in the technical box? barca should have let the referee deal with the incident. ganging up on marcelo wasn't going to change the referee's mind. it was an obvious red card offence but. . . . barcelona players must prove they are pansies every time they face mourinho's team.

What about Marcelo's Jackie Chan stunt on Messi? Pepe and Marcelo were at Madrid before Mou showed up. I don't recall them trying to murder any Barca player before 2010/11. How come all of a sudden they want blood?

barcelona have always been a team with highest level of discipline. guardiola, alves and busquets showed up and the team has become something else. alves used to be a honest player in sevilla. a no-nonsense full back who plays his role brilliantly. since he joined barcelona, he has locked down the 2nd spot of the most despicable players in the world with cheap dives and disgusting gamesmanship under the tutelage of guardiola.

Me thinks somehow you and coogar just like Mou, and cannot bring yourself to see anything wrong in anything he does. Or maybe it's just the excitement that he whips up that has you both giddy. Compared to him, every other coach is boring grin

barcelona have their own faults in this melee.
it was guardiola in the technical area influencing the referee with his outstretched arms. it was guardiola that told the ball boys to disappear when barcelona were leading. jose sat still on the bench throughout the game until the mass brawl. but somehow someway, clueless barca fans will blame mourinho for their own disgusting attitude on the pitch!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2011
This Congar or what will defend Mou and his evil cohort to any level, even if it will lead to kpemee, won't he?
Good luck to him, though!

As for me, i dey jolificate.
Victory is sweet, but sweeter when at Mou's expense.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
Johnpaul88:

This Congar or what will defend Mou and his evil cohort to any level, even if it will lead to kpemee, won't he?
Good luck to him, though!

As for me, i dey jolificate.
Victory is sweet, but sweeter when at Mou's expense.

be jollificating and not face your chm 101 @ white house
by the time prof ojo rusticates you, you will be unhappyficating.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by montelik(m): 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Funny thing is I don't like Jose at all, I don't even rate his abilities that highly. I seriously hope he gets punished for his part in d melee, but d fact is Jose has gotten away with such much nonsense now that it is probably too late to take any meaningful corrective action. I have never an will never justify or excuse his actions. My issue here is simply that many things led to what occurred at d end of a very good and competitive match. Yet some how every one is only shouting Mourinho. D other participants on both sides deserve to be called out too. It was interesting for Pique to rush out and place all d blame on Jose. I agree with his opinions, but where were his words about Villa actions or other misdeeds of his team in this or past classico fixtures. Did Pep or any other Barca member condemn Villa actions? Yet Jose is singled out and blamed for his statements about Marcelo's attempted karate. Soon Cruyff will give us his weekly opinion on Jose, which will be as disparaging and condescending as always. It takes two to tango.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2011
@coogar,
Let's not hurry to crucify Barcelona. . .
The real instigator is Jose himself.Even if he sat on the bench.

You mention JM being friends with Fergie.Was it always like that?It took the magnaminity of Fergie to make him see the folly of his ways. . .but what about the rest of the coaches in England?He even took shots at Avram Grant who replaced him and achieved what he could not (CL final appearance) after throwing around 300 million on players.

Yeah,Pedro,Alves and Busquets are actors,but Pepe,Marcello,Carvalho are thugs and became so after JM arrived.

Mourinho has Benzema,Di Maria,Ozil,Cristiano Ronaldo but all he can do is send his thugs after Barcelona. . .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2011
coogar:

be jollificating and not face your chm 101 @ white house
by the time prof ojo rusticates you, you will be unhappyficating.
Ridiculous!,
chm101 is long gone now. Nobody remembers that anymore.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 18, 2011
montelik:

Funny thing is I don't like Jose at all, I don't even rate his abilities that highly. I seriously hope he gets punished for his part in d melee, but d fact is Jose has gotten away with such much nonsense now that it is probably too late to take any meaningful corrective action. I have never an will never justify or excuse his actions. My issue here is simply that many things led to what occurred at d end of a very good and competitive match. Yet some how every one is only shouting Mourinho. D other participants on both sides deserve to be called out too. It was interesting for Pique to rush out and place all d blame on Jose. I agree with his opinions, but where were his words about Villa actions or other misdeeds of his team in this or past classico fixtures. Did Pep or any other Barca member condemn Villa actions? Yet Jose is singled out and blamed for his statements about Marcelo's attempted karate. Soon Cruyff will give us his weekly opinion on Jose, which will be as disparaging and condescending as always. It takes two to tango.
Ol boy,Marcelo's tackle started everything off.
JM's strategy of rough-house tackling Barca players is responsible for that.
And Barca players will respond by diving and rolling over to counter Madrid's bullying.
End of.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2011
Johnpaul88:

Ridiculous!,
chm101 is long gone now. Nobody remembers that anymore.

so which of the white house courses are you taking - or are you doing yoruba engineering? grin

StarBoard:

@coogar,
Let's not hurry to crucify Barcelona. . .
The real instigator is Jose himself.Even if he sat on the bench.

why shouldn't we crucify barcelona? you saw the first leg, was there any dirty tactics in that game?
real madrid actually outplayed barcelona and would have won by a huge goal-margin but for their profligacy. jose came out to play barcelona the way the game should be played and the matched ended 2-2.

then came yesterday. . . . . .jose never sat up to influence match officials during the game. it was guardiola jumping up and down the technical box.
raising his arms every time a barca player was touched to gain advantage for his team. when marcelo chopped down fabregas, pep guardiola went hysterical.

You mention JM being friends with Fergie.Was it always like that?It took the magnaminity of Fergie to make him see the folly of his ways. . .but what about the rest of the coaches in England?He even took shots at Avram Grant who replaced him and achieved what he could not (CL final appearance) after throwing around 300 million on players.

they were friends and he respects ferguson more than any manager in the world. the funniest thing is fergie actually likes jose too. he said jose reminds him of when he was younger too - that he always wanted to win. be it a normal match, friendly game or 5-a-side at the back of his house. natural winners are sore losers. they hate to lose.

Yeah,Pedro,Alves and Busquets are actors,but Pepe,Marcello,Carvalho are thugs and became so after JM arrived.

they are not thugs. . . . .pepe, marcelo and carvalho tackle the same way anderson, rooney and nani would tackle. . . . .it's just that barcelona players dive and make the tackles look heinous. what pepe was sent off for in the last champions league wasn't even a foul. it was the smartest dive ever that convinced a champions league referee. and that single act eliminated jose.

Mourinho has Benzema,Di Maria,Ozil,Cristiano Ronaldo but all he can do is send his thugs after Barcelona. . .

send his thugs after barcelona or barcelona deployed their gamesmanship once more.
they knew they had their work cut out. it was 2-2 till the death and the moment they went ahead. . . .they started falling down every time there was little contact to disrupt madrid's flow of the game and run the clock down - something you would expect from wolverhampton fc or west ham.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2011
Guoadiola and Busquets were at Barcelona in 2009 when they won the treble and there was no incident

Guordiola, Busquets Pedro and Alves played against Madrid in 2010 and there were no fights

Enter Mourinho and decorum went to the dogs
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2011
dayokanu:

Guoadiola and Busquets were at Barcelona in 2009 when they won the treble and there was no incident

madrid manager then was a wuss.

Guordiola, Busquets Pedro and Alves played against Madrid in 2010 and there were no fights

so it was mourinho that taught busquets, pedro and alves to dive? grin grin grin grin

Enter Mourinho and decorum went to the dogs

you have made my point!
both parties are guilty. jose mourinho for his "do everything to win" tactics and pep guardiola for his "hollywood sea divers".

tottenham played real madrid in the champions league - how many fights did you see in those games. surely, a troublesome mourinho like you allege should be sending his thugs to maim and kill on the pitch.

real madrid played lyon, i saw no mass brawl. game was played the way it should be played and there were no dives or thuggery.
the responsibility lies with mourinho and guardiola to control their players. they are equally guilty.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2011
Yoruba engineering? U will not make someone die laughing.
Take course from white house? Nobody wants to do that. They don't leave sweet memory.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by montelik(m): 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2011
StarBoard:

Ol boy,Marcelo's tackle started everything off.
JM's strategy of rough-house tackling Barca players is responsible for that.
And Barca players will respond by diving and rolling over to counter Madrid's bullying.
End of.

"Rough housing" is a legitimate football tactic even if its ugly. You may not like how it looks (I don't either), but it ain't illegal. D idea that because a team chooses to adopt a more physical approach (which is perfectly legitimate) is justification for a side to simulate, dive, play-act, wave imaginary cards, surround and persistently badger d ref is not acceptable to me. Why is that when d top PL sides go to d Brittannia (Stoke) we don't see rampant diving and play-acting? Cos whether you like d way they play or not it is not against d spirit of football to play physical football. Even if I accepted your premise, all it shows is that some Barca individuals contributed to what happened as well as Jose did.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2011
coogar:

then came yesterday. . . . . .jose never sat up to influence match officials during the game. it was guardiola jumping up and down the technical box.
raising his arms every time a barca player was touched to gain advantage for his team. when marcelo chopped down fabregas, pep guardiola went hysterical.
Not true.JM first leered at Messi when he wanted to take a throw in.He didn't do that from the bench
When Marcello attempted genocide on Fabregas,JM was close by at the touchline,as if to be supervising the tackle.JM was equally as animated as Guardiola was on the sidelines.Don't attempt to launder JM's image.
coogar:

they were friends and he respects ferguson more than any manager in the world. the funniest thing is fergie actually likes jose too. he said jose reminds him of when he was younger too - that he always wanted to win. be it a normal match, friendly game or 5-a-side at the back of his house. natural winners are sore losers. they hate to lose.
Yeah.Fergie was getting thumped by Jose in his early years, but he kept sending Jose bottles of wine after games.
Years later,Guardiola gets the stuffing knocked out of Jm,yet JM calls him names.
Huge difference. . .CLASS.JM obviously can take a complement but can't give one.
As for winners being sore losers, I doubt that .Ancelloti,van Gaal,Del Bosque,Lippi to name but a few  don't throw tantrums or abuse the opposing side when they lose.
coogar:

they are not thugs. . . . .pepe, marcelo and carvalho tackle the same way anderson, rooney and nani would tackle. . . . .it's just that barcelona players dive and make the tackles look heinous. what pepe was sent off for in the last champions league wasn't even a foul. it was the smartest dive ever that convinced a champions league referee. and that single act eliminated jose.
Funny you call Pepe a saint.Someone who copped an 8-match ban for assault on the pitch 2008-09.
Funny you call Marcelo a saint.If he was in the EPL,he'd have been sent off more times than he played games.Look at the cruel chop on Fabregas?Would any United player tackle like that these days?
You must have been watching a different game if you think Pepe didn't deserve a sending off for the incident with Alves.A stud-high challenge which Alves was lucky not to have been caught,and you wanna make a case for him.Jose eliminated himself by not being expansive,even at home.Don't use a sending off as an excuse.Or you want to claim you haven't seen 10 men win a game in the Champions League?
Pepe, Marcello and Carvalho tackle like rabid dogs when Barcelona is around.Comparing them to Rooney et al isn't the issue.They've all been involved in dangerous tackles against Barca.
Face it,since Real sufferd 6-2 and 5-0 thumpings the way to go vs Barcelona is rough-house tactics.And JM has something to do wit hit.
coogar:

send his thugs after barcelona or barcelona deployed their gamesmanship once more.
they knew they had their work cut out. it was 2-2 till the death and the moment they went ahead. . . .they started falling down every time there was little contact to disrupt madrid's flow of the game and run the clock down - something you would expect from wolverhampton fc or west ham.
So why didn't they roll all over the floor like sissies against United at Wembley?
Why didn't they roll over the floor against Chelsea and Arsenal respectively over time in the CL?
Why weren't they wimpering like sorry dogs against other opposition?
What you call "little contact" are heavy bone-breaking challenges.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2011
In the end, victory was served for football.  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2011
'hollywood sea divers'
Coogar, i dey enjoy myself with ur posts here.

To add to ur headache here though, don't u think Lyon and Tottenham were of little problem to Mou to bother with any abnormal solution.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2011
montelik:

"Rough housing" is a legitimate football tactic even if its ugly. You may not like how it looks (I don't either), but it ain't illegal. D idea that because a team chooses to adopt a more physical approach (which is perfectly legitimate) is justification for a side to simulate, dive, play-act, wave imaginary cards, surround and persistently badger d ref is not acceptable to me. Why is that when d top PL sides go to d Brittannia (Stoke) we don't see rampant diving and play-acting? Cos whether you like d way they play or not it is not against d spirit of football to play physical football. Even if I accepted your premise, all it shows is that some Barca individuals contributed to what happened as well as Jose did.
This is unbelievable.
The opening paragraphs on the FIFA rules tell me Football is supposed to be non-contact.
How then can rough-housing be legal?Are we talking rugby here?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2011
Sauron watch this video and tell me where Mourinhos right leg was doing at exactly 16seconds.

Now tell me he isnt responsible or encouraged the violence

[flash=500,500]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/Cvoudp4STF0&feature=player_embedded[/flash]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2011
StarBoard:

Not true.JM first leered at Messi when he wanted to take a throw in.He didn't do that from the bench
When Marcello attempted genocide on Fabregas,JM was close by at the touchline,as if to be supervising the tackle.JM was equally as animated as Guardiola was on the sidelines.

so leering at messi is gaining an advantage? what kind of excuse is this? so when nani scores and hush the crowd to shut up - it's a criminal offence? we are talking about guardiola's antics on the bench that influences the referee to award freekicks and cards to the opposition not jose leering or winking at messi.

Don't attempt to launder JM's image.Yeah.Fergie was getting thumped by Jose in his early years, but he kept sending Jose bottles of wine after games.
Years later,Guardiola gets the stuffing knocked out of Jm,yet JM calls him names.
Huge difference. . .CLASS.JM obviously can take a complement but can't give one.

jose gives compliments. he does that very well.
i can bring out his quotes how he has praised opposition players, managers, etc. guardola stuffs jose by cheating.
there's hardly any el clasico game you don't see real madrid seeing red. even when jose was inter, busquets and his team of seadivers kept rolling on the pitch like pansies. it's grotesque watching grown men drop like sacks of potatoes and feigning injury.

As for winners being sore losers, I doubt that .Ancelloti,van Gaal,Del Bosque,Lippi to name but a few  don't throw tantrums or abuse the opposing side when they lose

but it was the same barcelona(under guardiola) when chelsea were robbed @ stamford bridge that got drogba saying "it's a fuckin disgrace". guus hiddink even hinted at a uefa conspiracy to avoid chelsea and man utd playing in the champions league final. why must barcelona always be at an advantage when playing big teams. there's always a controversy when they win. brilliant football team but they have their faults. bigger faults than any of jose's teams.

.Funny you call Pepe a saint.Someone who copped an 8-match ban for assault on the pitch 2008-09.
Funny you call Marcelo a saint.If he was in the EPL,he'd have been sent off more times than he played games.Look at the cruel chop on Fabregas?Would any United player tackle like that these days?

funny you call barca players saints. . . . . .messi once spat on a fellow player
david villa slapped ozil last night. busquets is a serial diver and he won't change soon. dani alves is another pathetic diver who feigns injury every time he's touched. the moment he realizes the referee hasn't given anything - he automatically heals up and he gets up.
all these negative stuffs started under guardiola.

You must have been watching a different game if you think [b]Pepe didn't deserve a sending off for the incident with Alves.[/b]A stud-high challenge which Alves was lucky not to have been caught,and you wanna make a case for him.Jose eliminated himself by not being expansive,even at home.Don't use a sending off as an excuse.Or you want to claim you haven't seen 10 men win a game in the Champions League?

he didn't. . . .the video was analysed and analysed. alves wasn't caught suggested it shouldn't have been a yellow had alves gotten up after the tackle.
but alves being alves rolled like a player hit by a scud-missile. a despicable act that convinced the referee he had been pole-axed and the red card was shown. it's tough enough to beat barcelona 11 vs 11, and you want jose to beat them with 10 men. kudos to you. before the sending off, barcelona were clueless - they hadn't attempted any shot on goal. real madrid matched them move by move, pass by pass. the sending off opened up madrid and what happened next was inevitable.

Pepe, Marcello and Carvalho tackle like rabid dogs when Barcelona is around.Comparing them to Rooney et al isn't the issue.They've all been involved in dangerous tackles against Barca.
Face it,since Real sufferd 6-2 and 5-0 thumpings the way to go vs Barcelona is rough-house tactics.And JM has something to do wit hit.So why didn't they roll all over the floor like sissies against United at Wembley?

they were dressed down by the media before the united game and besides, they had a good measure of united. they scored early. there was no need to dive around cos we gave them no problems at all. but watch barcelona against teams like chelsea, real madrid or arsenal then one player must get sent off. whenever barcelona are not having their way against any team - diving becomes the next tactics. they know once their opponents are short of one man, the space will open up and they would score.

Why didn't they roll over the floor against Chelsea and Arsenal respectively over time in the CL?
Why weren't they wimpering like sorry dogs against other opposition?
What you call "little contact" are heavy bone-breaking challenges.

they did. . . . .in the games against chelsea and arsenal in recent times. . . .drogba, del horno, van persie, lehmann, etc have been sent off.
it's not possible for barcelona not to get one of the opposition sent off if they are not having their way in the game. they do it all the time.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2011
Coogar

I am still waiting for an analysis of that video I posted around 16 seconds what Mourinhos leg was doing
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by montelik(m): 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2011
StarBoard:

This is unbelievable.
The opening paragraphs on the FIFA rules tell me Football is supposed to be non-contact.
How then can rough-housing be legal?Are we talking rugby here?

In that case we better all just pack it up and find another sport. Cos d one we have been playing for d last century is certainly not and has never been a non-contact sport.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2011
dayokanu:

Coogar

I am still waiting for an analysis of that video I posted around 16 seconds what Mourinhos leg was doing

mourinho walked up to defend his player(marcelo) cos he saw the way barca goons were closing down on marcelo.
jose did not kick messi. just because of the title video said so does not make it so.
if he did, various news media would have put it up this morning before that pathetic video was made.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2011
Regardless of what the media says, regardless of what the video title says

You look at it and on 16 second you tell what Jose right leg was doing

Especially between 13 s and 16 the motion of the right leg and the destination.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2011
dayokanu:

Regardless of what the media says, regardless of what the video title says

You look at it and on 16 second you tell what Jose right leg was doing

Especially between 13 s and 16 the motion of the right leg and the destination.

except that cesc didn't complain once he was kicked by jose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (6223) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.